• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy New here, what about an Isekai

OmegaD

Hey y'all.
I've only been on here a little bit but I have run games before.
I was thinking, what if I were to make a small world, make the skeletal structure of a town. Fantasy based and pitch it as an Isekai. Who would bite?

If I see an interest I'll go ahead, though you won't need a CS, oh no. What I'm pitching is full on you. That's right, you. No fancy magic from a lineage, no legendary sword passed down. You'll be playing yourself in my world, with all your awesome weeb knowledge. Of course there will be an introduction period where you'll mainly be spending time familiarising with NPCs and other players but once the doors shut I'll kick in an update to enable the learning of spells and skills.

I also see many of the groups have more than one room, ic, ooc, and so on. So, I'll have the ic and in the ooc I'll give updates on inventory held. That's right you'll need to invest in hunting resources and trading.

On a side not if you're interested but more as a co writer rather than a player blow me a message and we can talk.

I'll look for a minimum of 4 players but the more the merrier. Also I don't mind if its small responses, just please detail is key. If you just say you punch but you're 20 meters away from the target, you'll suffer.
Detail. Is. Key.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to see who shows interest.

Most definitely. Though, is there an application process separate from the non-existent CS? Maybe a questionnaire of sorts?

Not really, my idea is basically to see if I can get people to bite then chuck them as themselves in a fantasy world to see how they'd react if it really did happen.

People say isekai's are an overdone trope. That being said, I love the idea of roleplaying one, so who cares what they say? Count me in!
(Edit: Can you expand on the " chuck them as themselves in a fantasy world " though? Will this be self-insert?)

Maybe if some lore about this world was made, I could help with that if you wish. If I was to join I would plan to subvert the cliche's of Isekai since I, personally, see the entire concept of being horrifying since I like my current life.

I think the GM intends this to be a literal self-insert. As in what would happen if you went to bed tonight and then woke up in a different world that you know nothing about.

I think the GM intends this to be a literal self-insert. As in what would happen if you went to bed tonight and then woke up in a different world that you know nothing about.
I would be fucking terrified and try everything I could to get back to my world and to my loved ones, at any and all cost.

Well now, I be darned. My thread got interest.

OK so first of, sorry about the delay, data costs and all that jazz.
Secondly yes the more the merrier. That said, is there on among you that'd like to take the slot of sub gm? For cases like these that I'm not around so that the rp can go on

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon is right. This will be a literal take on things. There will be no privileges given, you are not the chosen ones. You will all wake up in a small town smack dab isolated from the world. That said, you could be a hero,you could be a villain. A loot system is in play as well as rebirth upon death at the cost of inventory, seems standard. It will be fantasy based and once everyone has their feet I'll allow "cardinal" to update the rp so to speak, only then will learning magic become optional. This is simply due to the fact that well you'll all still be human so it'll take time to adjust to the new world and be able to use magic.

Apologies if this is lengthy

Aye, the time has come.
ill be throwing all who said yes into this world. You will have nothing but the clothes on your back. Now in a few moments I'll make an ooc, I'll drop the lore of the town there. It will grow as you grow so don't expect my novel yet. After that I'll make the IC.
As far as NPCs go. I'll portray a core few, where as the others are open to converse.

This sounds pretty kickass, even if I dont happen to join I'm definitely gonna drop by every so often to read posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back