• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Necromantic

You faker than some Sweet 'N Low
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
latest
"My child...You were not meant to die so soon."

That's the first thing you hear when you wake up, bewildered by the situation you were in. Oh, yeah. That's right. You'd just died- By murder, of illness, suicide, whatever it was, you could distinctly remember how you'd just died. But, then, why were you here? The deity speaking to you gently carreses your cheek, affectionately, and yet you can see sadness in their eyes. They regret something, and you can tell.

"And for that, I'm sorry. Your purpose in life was ended, due to my own negligence."

What was he talking about?

"I can't give you your old life back, so I hope you'll accept this as an apology. I'm going to give you and the others a new world, for you to do as you please with, in your ideal form. You will be the Gods of your new world. Enjoy your new life, please have fun."

You have so many questions. And yet, he doesn't give you time to ask any of them, as if he doesn't consider those important. Perhaps they aren't important. He vanishes, leaving you in a banquet hall filled will food, and several other newly born Gods. At the head of the table, there's a book, surrounded by several jars containing lights that glitter like gems but but float around as if they're alive. Perhaps they bring back childhood memories, of catching fireflies and keeping them in a jar. Each one has a name on them, signifying who they're meant for. Off to the side sits a gem, which glows like the moon and sits atop a note that says Skyler Michaels, for creation of the Underworld.

The book is open to a page.

pngwing.com.png
What's contained in these jars are called Sparks of Life. They are used to create souls for the races that you will be creating. The yellow ones are used to create sentient mortal life, while the white ones (not pictured) are used for animals. There's a fixed number of yellow souls to initially create your people with, while white ones will replenish over time so that you may continue to create new species of fauna as you see fit. Think carefully when making the mortal life, as you will not be able to create a new mortal race without harvesting the souls of mortals to recycle them. Only a God of Death may perform such actions. Each one of you has been provided with a jar containing a sufficient amount of Sparks of Life to create a population of your own people. The Sparks of Life will only react to the person they're designated for

This book will record all events that happen in this world, without the need for any of you to write it down. Anything important, such as the races you make (so anything posted in the Book of the World), will be marked with a bookmark for ease of finding information.

Go forth, my children, and fulfill the purpose you were always meant to.

Ulfr clears his throat
"Hello you all, I guess you've had the same fate as me. I guess I should introduce myself. I am, or rather was Njal Erikson. Now I apparently am a three-headed wolf as you can see."
He sits down, trying to hide his excitement for being granted the ability to make the world into whatever he wants, but ultimately being revealed by his waggling tail.
"I used to be a hunter in a small northern tribe with only little connection to the so called civilized world" There is a visible disgust on his face as he says that "I used to hunt bears with my trusty companion wolf Ulfr, until the bastard killed us both." A single tear is running across his face. "I guess I've turned into a combination of us both, so you all might as well call me Ulfr now to honor my good boy. Anyway, who are you all folk?"

⬡⬢Skep, Apiarist of the World⬢⬡

The soft hum of a hive of bees was the only sound Skep made. She stared at the table in front of her, gently reaching out to take the jar in her hands. Absently, a third hand, one from her lower pair, picked up her nameplate. Seeing her name from life was unpleasant. She quickly placed it face down before considering Ulfr's words.

After a moment, Skep spoke in a voice comprised of a thousand bees buzzing.

"Mary Lambe was invisible, living in a poor family in Iowa. She needed to leave that world. It seems she succeeded. I am Skep.

"It seems we have been given a great responsibility. If we are to be the ones to shape this world, it is only right we create a world that embodies what we wanted in the world in life. I hope I am not the only one who wishes for this to be a kind world, were there will be no need to compete for resources or suffer."

Last edited:
1659575529632.png

Ryou Hanzo / Mendos, Patron of the Destitute

As the strange figure dissipated into thin air, Ryou looked around at his surroundings, taking in the scenery of the banquet hall, the extravagance of which made his blood boil in disgust, and the other interesting beings around the room before looking at his own being. The flesh he had known in his life before was no longer there as he looked down at his arms and legs, instead only seeing shadow formed into a rough silhouette of a man, a thinner black mist radiating around him. How curious... are these beings all like me?

It was then when one of the others, one that took the form of a three headed wolf, began to speak. After the beast, another spoke, acocmpanied by the sounds of bees. After Mary finished, Ryou spoke up. "I was known as Ryou Hanzo in my previous life, however now I go by the name Mendos. I was known by many titles in that life: thief, street urchin, criminal, parasite. Call me what you may, but I did what I had to to survive in that society." The shadow being took a pause before continuing, the expressions on his face being near impossible to view due to the nature of his being, with his glowing yellow eyes being the only discernible feature. "Well, that was until some violent inmate got the better of me. But that's enough of that for now..." He turned his head to look at Skep while picking up the jar with his name on it. "On that part about resources we are partially agreed, however we shall yet see if that is indeed the outcome."

A few others spoke, but Jin-Yu was transfixed. She had awoken from an endless dream of water in her lungs, of being dragged against stone. Of being choked of breath and utterly unable to extricate herself.

And it ended.

And before her was a jar bearing radiant sparks of gold and white that opened easily to her touch. To think that even in this strange place there were jars with screw tops. She ran her fingers through the jar, the mass of sparks feeling like a thin liquid that flowed and danced around her fingertips. Endless potential.

These souls were like paint, and the expansive world before her like the canvas.

Like undifferentiated musical notes, but the world a scale.

Or even like bits of code, and a world waiting to compile it.

For the first time in a long time, she felt a distinct sense of purpose. She wanted her creations to be inspired, vital. Beautiful and just.

The conceptualization of a new project was always deliberate, and starting over could be half the fun. But...the stakes were a little higher here. She didn't want to have to flood everything and start over...

Flood...

Humanoid forms were fine, but a little overdone. Could she perhaps make a race of aquatic life?

Or perhaps furfolk well-suited for the cold mountains, or wise avians with noble bearing, or a network of sapient mycelium...

Oh.

They were introducing themselves. Carefully, Jin-Yu covered her jar.

"I'm...I'm Jin-Yu (清玉)." She still felt the stench of water on her breath. "It means 'clear jade'. I..." She took a look around at the strange folk at the table with her. "I guess I didn't make as much of a difference as I thought I could. And I...want this world to be better."

Naki
Domains: Void and knowledge

sample-606ac6d7d1d80d8668e0052fd5cec3ae.jpg

At first there was nothing, a nothingness so dark it swallowed all, no light or dark escaped a void of all things. In the void there came a thought. " I am dead aren't I?" It was the last echoes of a person, of a world, that had been and now was no more. " Hmm I am still aware how?" Another thought came from the thing that wasn't as something that didn't exist shouldn't think. " I must exist even if there is nothing" The thoughts came and memories flooded. A life spent far beyond the rest, and experiment that could have doomed everything and how it went wrong. " I did die, the containment field broke, the particle got free... the world is it over?" The mind that gave these thoughts had died and yet it continued. This was no afterlife or if it was it was the most boring one out there.

Then sensation, words, form, it was all given. The mind that had just existed in the nothing that was absolute was once more in a form that felt odd. It felt like the body should not be like it was meant to be everything everywhere all reaching and yet smaller than a singularity. What could not be these two paradoxical states both exclusive tot he other seemed to be the natural state. Soon it was sight that returned and the mind not a body took in the surroundings. While she had been human once a quick look at her hands told Peral no she needed a new name that one sounded wrong now... Naki that she was no longer human. Naki felt ripples through her body like it desired to reform , to flow, to be free and yet was contained by her will to it's current set form.

Others were here other gods? Yes that had been they had been called by a God perhaps. Naki instantly had a million questions about the situation and how this other God worked. Still for now the other gods were the concern. Naki reached out and grabbed the nameplate and experimented with her new power turning the plate into nothing but smoke. It had an old name one she no longer needed and it felt wrong to call herself. " I am still me it seems, but some of me must be affected by what i now am. Well void creatures need odd names anyways" Naki thought to herself with a slight smirk.

Reading the note one the book Naki wanted it, a book with all the history of the world, that was something that she should have, as she realized she knew just what she governed. The jars were interesting, though Naki wondered if she could perhaps alter the living should she drag them into her domain. The creation of a race need not be though creation, but through mutation flesh sculpted by her hands.

" I am Naki goddess of void and knowledge" Naki said not including her human name as she was more than ready to just let that god the others didn't need to remember and it was something of a show of creativity. " As for the matter of resources, I do not agree. To compete is to grow, scarcity breeds ingenuity, need brings creation. To simply give whatever is made all it shall ever need will lead to stagnation. Why should one work to better the world if there is nothing to better? If you shall make the prey then I shall make the predator " Naki explained all living things required a needs something to get or else they would just lay in their homes and do nothing till they died. Some might try to cultivate knowledge but it would not get far. " And besides distribution of resources does not mean equal utilization. That requires knowledge " Naki added she was knowledge and that was hers to give or take. So if they decided to make an even world she would make sure it was a little uneven.

Augustine Beck
savef.pngIt was as if all those words that... being spoke meant nothing to him. Like it was a different language. Those words faded from his immediate thoughts quickly while he looked around his environment. Shift to the side as he looked behind him. He was too dazed to recognize it, even though it was clear, but his mind was nothing but clear. He simply stood there, unable to comprehend what was happening.

He looked down at the floor, unable to think clearly as he brought his hands up to look at them. They were familiar, but new somehow. He noted the purest chrome ring placed on his left index finger, flipping the hand around to the back before turning his attention to his right arm. The inside of his forearm began staining a black color as what appeared to be a tattoo materializing before his eyes. It had many details that reached up to his wrist, but what appeared to be an angular, stylized dragon. "Aztec... maybe?" He thought to himself, which seemed to snap him out of his daze. He had completed his examination of his arms and what else of himself he could see. He didn't know how, but he had this feeling like he was 'stronger'. Like he could just feel power within his muscles, bones, nervous system, every fiber.

His mind quickly flooded with his memories of what had transpired in that alley, with Kiko. "How did I get here?" He said with a tinge of panic. "Where..." he stopped himself, looking over to the group discussing their experience as to how they made their way here like him. Three odd monsters spoke to eachother, mentioning previous lives, being killed, and great responsibility that they implied they all shared. He began to approach as they moved on to discuss what world they will be making, which left Augustine astonished and even angered. "What...? I'm not dead..." He said to himself. How could they be so calm?

It wasn't denial, he truly had no clue what had happened to him. One minute he was running, and the next he was here. To him, he had taken away against his will when at this moment, he needed to be back in Chicago to save his friend. The thought of being stuck here, unable to get Kiko to safety, coupled with these people, or monsters or whatever they were, so ready to accept this idea that they have all died, and how so casually they are to move on like it means nothing nearly drove him over the edge. "I'm not dead, I was just there-" The thoughts flashed before him, causing him to snapped.

"What the hell are you all talking about!?" He shouted at the group, not at all concerned with how they would react. "You just acknowledged that you have died and you're just gonna move on? Like your humanity means nothing? For some new world!?" His headspace clearly was not the same as all the others. He didn't care about this new world they wanted to create, and he didn't care about this godhood he didn't ask for. All he cared about was Kiko. He needed to get back to her, and It truly astonished him how absent minded these folks were being about this ordeal. "Where the hell did they go...?" He looked around, but no one matched the appearance of that deity that spoke to him. He just knew whoever it was is responsible for bringing him here.

Skyler
E5Z4t4hXEAApoS2.jpg
Death...

Yes, Skyler had known she would die young from a young age. It'd been so ingrained in her memory that she'd long stopped fearing death. What awaited her in the afterlife, sure, that was something that scared her, and the thought of her parents mourning her was always something that pained her. But dying itself? No, she didn't fear that at all, it was something she'd expected.

A second life wasn't something she'd ever asked for, though.

"A...God?" Skyler mumbled to herself, looking at her hands. They were different from usual. Paler, she thought. And the hair hanging in front of her face, it was purple, not the black hair she'd always had. The rest of her body felt relatively unchanged, for the time being. Was this her ideal body? She didn't know. She didn't even care.

A God, in a new world, completely severed from her family. Other people seemed to be readily accepting their new life, but she didn't hear what they said. She was a God, in a new world. A new world. She'd been completely removed from the universe she called home. A God. Not a spirit in the afterlife, or one trapped on earth because she had unfinished business. She was a God, in a different world.

"W-Wait...I...My..." Her parents. She'd never see them again, not even in the afterlife. When they died, they'd never find her. Would they be confused? Would it be explained to them? Her sole comfort with her weak body had been the thought that she'd get her entire afterlife with the people she loved, and now that comfort had been ripped away from her.

The realization shattered her mind like glass, and Skyler fell to her knees. "I-I don't want...My parents- They're not here. They're gone."[/color]

"I apologize, it seems I was too hasty in beginning discussions of the creation," Skep said, buzzing voice resonating with an almost mournful quality. "I had long desired a new life, and chose to end my old one, and it seems this led to me overlooking the fact that others may not be as ready to accept the new situation. It would be best to hold off on the creation discussion for later..."

Skep rose from her seat, a towering eight foot tall figure that glided silently as she moved. She approached Skyler's side, kneeling down. "I do not know your pain, but perhaps I can offer some perspective regardless. Your parents may not be here, but they will always be with you. They are a part of you, and always will be. Mourn for their absence for as long as you need, but do not let it break you. They would want you to live on and find happiness without them."

Skep fell silent, hoping the words could bring some comfort. After a moment, she looked to Augustine, hesitant. It was harder to respond to his words. She felt no regret for leaving her life behind. If anything, this was a blessing, and exactly what she wished for. Perhaps it would be better to let someone else try to soothe him. She could focus on Skyler that way, instead of trying to manage it all.

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒, 𝑔𝑜𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝒮𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒯𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓁
OIP (3).jpg
The shadows trembled, and they awoke.

Where am I? It wondered dazed. It could feel pain all over its... it had no body. There was nothing. It couldn't see, smell, or hear. All there was... was darkness. Twisting, and twirling, memories started to flow. Explosions, screams, pain. He had died, and now... he was a shadow? This couldn't be. Suddenly, it felt like there was a magnet in the middle of the shadows. He felt his essence swirl around it, and soon, he opened his eyes and found himself looking through a helm. What am I? A knight? A king? He looked down at his sides, and he saw a bulging satchel hanging from his belt.

What is this? Inside where two jars. One yellow like honey, the other white like milk. He could feel the power of essence inside of it. Peering from the shadows, he could see other... creatures. There was three headed dog, like Cerberus from the Greek myths. There was a... bee looking lady. There was something that looked like a demoness, a being that seemed to be made of darkness, and then three normal looking humans.

Walking from the shadows he grimaced from the light, but soon his eyes adjusted.

Hello my name is... Shade.

Our Lady of the Moon
What the being told Mirabell (No, a voice in her head whispered. Astra) defied everything she had believed in while alive. Her whole life, she had believed in the teaching's of her church. That there was one god, and when you died your soul joined God and his Son in heaven for eternity. To be told that she was now a god, felt unreal and blasphemous. But then again, nobody could ever really die and then come back to tell the rest of the human population what awaited them. Perhaps, this was destined all along.

She sat at a banquet table. One far fancier than she had ever sat at back home. The other people around the table varied in size, gender, and form. Two of the occupants being a literal talking dog and a swarm of bee's. Both of which were terrifying yet oddly cool at the same exact time. But people were not made of bee's back home, and men did not merge with their dogs and take on their forms. When Astra looked down the table some more, she spied a woman who looked an awful like the drawings of Succubi that had graced the table top role playing books she and her brother had looked through back home. Had she changed too?

Astra took a spoon off the table before her and looked at her distorted reflection while the others made introductions. Based on what she could see, she looked mostly the same. The most noticeable changes being her larger eyes, and the fact her hair was now longer and practically floated around her. In fact, now that she noticed the floating hair, she realized she herself felt almost weightless.

Astra put the spoon down and started trying to commit the names of those around her to memory. Skep, Naki, Jin-Yu, Mendos, Shade...

Then there was an outburst of noise as one god resembling a woman close to her age and the man sitting next to Astra began to panic. Skep, the bee being, had taken it upon themselves to comfort the girl. Standing up, Astra chose to address the man beside her.

"Sir, calm down, please?" Astra was surprised by her own voice. She sounded older. Wiser. "This situation is unpleasant for all of us, I believe. But we can't give in to panic. Nothing good can come of that." Astra was also unsettled by the talk of creating new life. The man was right, they had literally just died and some of these people had accepted the situation so quickly. Astra wondered how nice that must be.

Astra picked up a glass of what she presumed was water off the table and held it out to the man. "Here, take some deep breath's and sip this. Supposedly my name is Astra, but you can call me Mirabell if you like."

Last edited:
1659575529632.png

Mendos, Patron of the Destitute

While the other Gods were introducing themselves, a particular few caught Mendos's attention. "Oh? What's this?" He looked over at the other guards that appeared to have retained their human form, two of them appearing to be in a state of distress. The man who had shouted in an outburst of perhaps anguish he did not really pay any mind to. The other one, however, she had Mendos's sympathies, for when she fell to her knees she appeared to cry out for her parents. At that moment, an image flashed through Mendos's mind. He was not yet Mendos but was again Ryou, clutching the frail hands of his diseased mother. Emotions began swirling up inside of him: grief, sadness, regret, but most of all - anger. Anger at the system that failed him and his family. Anger at the society that benefited the rich and left the impoverished to suffer. Anger and grief that he could not see his mother one last time. The shadowy mist around Mendos began to move more erratically and more of it spewed fourth from his body as these emotions flooded over him.

Mendos put down the jar that contained his Sparks of Life and leaned against one of the tables in an effort to calm himself. There was nothing he could do now, he told himself. There's no point in mourning his mother now, she was already a goner even before he was arrested and killed. It doesn't matter... it doesn't matter anymore... I've already died, it doesn't matter... As the thought kept running through his head, slowly but surely the mist around him began to calm down, but not completely. There was something one of the other gods said that particularly sat negatively with him. "Needs bring creation?" Mendos glared daggers at Naki. "Don't be so naive. Scarcity brings suffering, Needs foster desperation. And for what, so called 'progress'? Progress that benefits whom? The ones who hoard all the resources for themselves because they so 'knowledgable?'" The mist around Mendos starting to swirl around him a bit faster. "Better a stagnant world than one that turns its back on the needy." If society in this new world ended up anything like the old, where there existed a chasm between the destitute and everyone else, Mendos resolved to close that chasm by any means available to him.

Naki
Domains: Void and knowledge

sample-606ac6d7d1d80d8668e0052fd5cec3ae.jpg

National looked at the god that had taken the form of darkness almost dismissively. To make a world free of suffering was a fools errand. " Then step outside abd look about your dream is achieved. " She said simply " The needs to help brought about advances. The desire to ease suffering funded science. The fact there will be haves and have nots will not change." She continued " If you wish to make a race that has no personal survival or species survival instinct I won't stop you" She continued seeing that as the only way to make a species without greed was to remove the desire to continue to exist as having more was a basic survival desire mutated over the ages. " Besides creating a civilization where everyone has as much space and as many resources as they want is easy I could create that with a little help we just have scrap the idea of a world from the get go" She sighed really people had no instalation when it came to using godly power to solve all issues. " So who would like to become unnecessary?" She asked as such a solution from her would render the gods before unneeded.

Last edited:

Skep remained kneeling next to Skyler, gently placing a hand on her back. The swarm buzzed softly, a calm sound as they waited for Skyler to react. Skep was relieved to see Astra take it upon herself to talk to the distressed man. Hopefully she would be in a better position to sympathize with his feelings and help him.

Through this all, Naki's words did not go unnoticed.

Skep needed to remain calm, to help Skyler. Yet letting Naki throw around such thoughtless choices and push for further unrest in this situation couldn't be allowed either. The need to be address both was strong, and a solution came without Skep even realizing. As her main consciousness and body remained with Skyler, a small swarm flew towards Naki, hovering a few feet away at eye-level.

"Now is not the time for this discussion. There are those among us who are distressed and need time to cope. We can make plans for this new world when all of us are prepared. You are correct that needs and desire bring advancement and discovery. I do not believe any of us are advocating a world of complacency, simply a world where the means to thrive is provided so that those discoveries are not held back by the greedy hoarding resources and those with bright minds from lower classes obtaining them. Now please, let us discuss this later."

Jin-Yu found herself taking in another sharp breath as Augustine expressed his frustration and Skyler panicked, soon giving in to her grief. She hadn't thought much about going back. She'd only just been extricated from that eternal river, after all. Here, perhaps even breathing was unnecessary, but she took every breath like it was a gift anyway. She was thankful that among the group, there were those who took the initiative to comfort the disconsolate, or at least keep them grounded in the moment. All she had wanted was to bring comfort to the downtrodden through her art...and through no fault of her own, she had been denied that opportunity. And new ones lay before her.

The imposing purple woman wasn't fazed at all. In fact, she seemed to quite enjoy her new form and her new mandate. She wasn't wrong: perhaps they had the power to create a world of far greater balance and harmony than the one they came from...but perhaps it may also be impossible to create a new world with living, thinking beings that was also devoid of conflict.

Nevertheless, there was one person she could help at the moment. Rising unsteadily to her feet, Jin-Yu walked past Skep, giving her a gentle pat on her shoulder to make sure she didn't escalate the situation unduly. She took a seat cross-legged on the floor, next to Skyler.

"Your parents...missing them must really hurt. One way or another...I'm sure you'll find a way to see them. Can you...tell me what they were like?"

bastion bastion Necromantic Necromantic

Augustine Beck
savef.png
Augustine quit his frantic gazing for a moment, and left his eyes on a young woman in front of him. She was beautiful, perfect in fact. As a goddess should be. However, he was too concerned with his sudden expulsion from the world he knew to admire her. His time was running short. Who knew what could be happening to Kiko right now back on earth? But the more he thought about it, the quicker he was to accept the fact that he was truly gone.

Astra's words and kind gesture helped him regain his focus just enough for him to question himself and realize the depth of the situation. "Am I really dead...? But how?" He said to himself in his head. He cycled the fresh memories again, but nothing stood out that could have caused his death. "How did I die?" He asked himself again as he looked down and to the left, looking at the food displayed, idle in thought.

Augustine then looked at the glass of water the goddess offered to him and thought about taking it. All he could imagine right now was his dead body laying there, with Kiko felled in despair at the deceased Augustine. The thought of her hurting like that left him falling back into a place of grief. He closed his eyes to the appealing glass of water and turned away, before pacing away quietly with a hand resting over his face. He figured that would help him relax, but a fit of rage resurfaced as he strolled away.

He felt the need to blow off some steam as he approached one of the banquet hall's many empty side tables. With what appeared to be an effortless feat, He smacked a free hand against the bottom of the small table, and flicked it up into the air, before it crashing into the adjacent wall.

The contents clattered to the polished floor made startling and disruptive sounds, but was in no risk of harming anyone. It was simply the quickest solution to let out what rage he had, as he walked to the edge of the room. He rested his head against the wall with no more anger remaining, as he sunk to the floor with the only feeling he had left; sorrow.

Skyler
E5Z4t4hXEAApoS2.jpg
Skyler looked up at the woman who approached her, a woman with a beehive for a head. The sight didn't scare her, despite how it might've not long ago. They were Gods now, after all, with forms that fit their ideals. This was what she was supposed to look like. What was interesting, though, was that she knew how she died. Suicide by drowning. That was...strange. And the man the beehive woman next acknowledged, he died by gunshot wound to the head.

"I was- I was supposed to get our afterlife together. They're... They're not going to be able to find me when they die. We'd promised..." All the time they were supposed to make up for after their deaths was just gone, stolen from her by a God that said this was an apology. She had to find a way to get back to leave this dimension. She wrapped her arms around her stomach, eyes moving back down to the floor. Oh, she was wearing pink bear slippers...And striped socks. She recognized this outfit, actually.

Her ideal form was a character from a video game? A hand momentarily moved to her chest. It felt...The same as she remembered.

Skyler looked at the next woman who had knelt down beside her. She didn't recall her name, though she was sure she'd heard her say it. Once again, she knew exactly how she'd died. She'd drowned, just like the other person knelt down near her. A strange coincidence, but nothing that managed to pull Skyler out of her thoughts.

"...They worked hard...To keep me alive." Skyler hesitated to answer. Among other people who had also just died, she didn't want to become some sort of sob story because she'd been terminally ill. "I was going to finally be able to do everything we couldn't...when they died."

The other one that seemed distraught, she could hear him saying something, asking how he died. So he hadn't known he was dead beforehand.

"You were shot." She said, before even realizing what she was doing. Should he have even said that? She couldn't imagine being distressed by the thought of dying, but she'd long come to terms with her short life. He had to have something weighing on his mind other than his death, she was sure of.

Skyler ended up jumping back when he threw a table into the wall. She'd never been very good with violence, and hearing that made her heart race in a way that made her fear she might collapse. But she didn't have to worry about her body being unable to take the surge of adrenaline anymore, she felt fine.

The sorrow he felt resonated with her, though, despite his outburst. He didn't appreciate his Godhood either, then. There was something back home he wanted. She looked back at the woman who had asked about her parents, still shaking a bit from fright.

"And now...I'm gone."

The Soon to be Lord of the Sun, keeper of Fire:

Kerem

…a blur of shining bright and ‘burning’ lights were all around him, his head aching and dazed, clearly being caused by something happening, and yet, he can’t remember what just happened to make him in such a state. Every thought he had was slow, unable to process the events leading up to had happened here, and attempts to think more about it only made his brain scream out in pain more as if telling him to stop. Maybe if those blaring noises outside would stop for one moment, he would actually be able to think right now. A few minutes later in such a state, or how long it actually was in his view, his vision slowly began to return to ‘normal’, more and more becoming clearer as time went on. Eventually, he started to recognize things around him… a steering wheel with some logo on its center that he couldn’t care less about right now, a broken windshield, traffic lights, even more lights originating from cars and lampposts alike shining brightly all around him. But what was most frightening to see, and yet, gave him all that he needed to know, was the very sight to his left… the sight of a car right next to him, and the very door next to him dented so much, that it appears as if the metal was digging straight into his waist and stomach.

A car crash from what he had remembered. Markus didn’t want to believe what has happened to him was what he thought it was, and yet, the truth was undeniable. Heh, suppose that’s what happens when you let yourself get carried away at the bar. No… it wasn’t his fault he was currently like this… it was that bastard earlier that day. Yeah, it must be. If he didn’t went up and practically kicked him out of the company even though he did all that he was asked of, he wouldn’t have been drinking to get his mind off on what happened and getting into a accident like this. Yeah, best to not blame himself for everything that has happened to ease his mind off his current predicament. Looking back down in order to see just how fucked up his body was, Markus could see bits of glass digging through the plain white shirt he had been wearing for the day. He also felt small things ‘biting’ into his flesh within the side of his face, so it must have gotten there to. Attempts at moving his left leg was met with pain blaring across his body and confirmation that it was indeed stuck, although it wasn’t like he had the strength to move the other limbs of his body well enough.

Just great… he was currently bleeding out within his own car after making the simple mistake of not noticing the red light in time before getting hit by a speeding driver, with his own mind numbed by alcohol from the bar he went to earlier and no sight of help around. As Markus could only sit there within the ruined seat of his car as it was the only option he could do, Markus began looking back within his own life to see just where he had gone wrong. Maybe the problem wasn’t the decisions of others or things outside his control, but maybe, it was his fears earlier within his life. A fear of not being able to fit in with others due to some people putting himself on a pedestal full of expectations that would have made others dissuaded to interacting with Markus out of never understanding him. All this time he had spent being ‘average’ as ever, never doing anything that he was truly excited for out of fear that he wouldn’t be able to interact with anyone due to them not understanding him. And yet, he had lived a life that was not his own, everything done to be seen as ‘normal’ only lead to him being more and more dissatisfied with how it was going. But it was probably too late now… as Markus noted the familiar sight of the crimson liquid that fueled all human life dripping more and more from him.

Maybe… a small rest could help out. Just a couple of minutes of closing his eyes, nothing that wouldn’t hurt him much. And so, slowly closing his eyes, Markus only gave a few more deep breaths in and out, before stopping entirely. With that, the flame within his own body had been snuffed out, no more life within Markus’ own body to be seen, a man who had set his own life to be as ‘average’ as possible to the eyes of others, dying to a common accident within the streets. Yet, his story didn’t end there, far from it. While one chapter comes to a end, another chapter opens up as to continue it, a spark reigniting the once snuffed out flames anew into a even greater fire for all to witness. Slowly opening his eyes once again, Markus was left the sight of a all-consuming void around him, and yet, as soon as it appeared, a voice called out. Heh, weird hearing such a voice as clear as day and yet unable to see anything around him or even more his limbs at that matter. Maybe it was one of those hallucinations people go through when taking their last breaths. Strange that his own was practically pointing directly at how he wasn’t supposed to die, but must be his mind telling him again that he shouldn’t have died.

Oh well, nothing better to do. Might as well wait until he would finally gave his last breath. The voice kept talking about it was their fault that he had died, and that it would give him a new life by making him a god of all things alongside other people. Not the strangest of ‘dreams’, but certainly something was weird considering how specific it was with him dying and apparently it’s some being’s fault that he was dying in the first place. Might be his brain’s last attempts at calming him down to give him a peaceful rest. And yet, a few seconds after the voice stopped, Markus felt… strange. A warm feeling within his chest began to flare up. No, not the emotional kind, something actually warm up there. It didn’t stop there, in fact, it began to feel as if it was burning at this point, as if a fire had started within his heart. And yet, he felt… fine, no, far better from it. It had a comforting feeling to it, the flame never truly hurting him and only seemingly giving him strength and vitality. It was a nice feeling, one that he was still confused about, but one he wouldn’t be complaint either.

Eventually, his own eyes had begun to open, light entering once more as Markus’ own vision returned to him. Only raising a hand to run the side of his head, the man said to himself out loud “That… was strange. Didn’t know hallucinations were like that, bu-“ before stopping as he began to figure out what was happening. Slowly lowering the hand from his head, Markus saw that it was a different skin tone that was different than the pale color he had before. It was now more of a tanned color, with it being more rougher looking than what they used to be. And were those gold rings on his fingers? Raising his other hand up, a similar sight popped up with different rings on different fingers, Markus rapidly spinning them around on their wrists as to inspect both sides. What the hell is happening here? Markus only looked up, only to regret what he saw next, some three headed dog like creature was right there, across from him. And the surprise of such a thing made Markus tilt his chair back in surprise, only to fall down with a grunt as the chair went all the way back. Quickly moving back up after having fallen down, Markus looked up only to see a even stranger sight. Other than the ‘dog’, there were also other individuals around him, some looking normal compared to the beast, but others were shaped within ways that still held a normal humanoid shape but looking like beings straight out of fiction. And all of that freaked Markus out to be seeing. Hallucination or not, this is something surprising to see. Only slowly moving back, a sort of fear present within the eyes visible within the eyeholes of his metal mask that Markus yet to have noticed, he only said to himself “w-what ar-e… who am… I… I don’t even know what is going on to say anymore.” as Markus only continued to stand there, confused and afraid as his mind struggled to place together the pieces far later than some others had already done within their first few minutes of waking up.

"You're right here." Jin-Yu searched her mind for what else she could say next.

"No one's really gone."

"Grief is love persevering."

"One only dies the last time their name is spoken."

All of it seemed quite empty, mere platitudes in the face of a separation beyond any momentary mortal parting. A separation that could truly be forever this time. The weight of the situation weighed heavier and heavier on Jin-Yu as it sank in. One way or another, they were gone from the other world, almost certainly for good. People died all the time and not a single one came back...what's to say they were any different despite the godhood that had been thrust upon them? She could take or leave that world, especially considering the sense of purpose that seemed to permeate her new form.

But that certainly didn't seem to be the case for everyone.

"Af...Skyler. Here's what I can do for you." With but a thought, a canvas materialized on Jin-Yu's arm. If there was any question about the fundamental divinity of their current state, well here was a convincing argument. In her other hand, a fine brush materialized into being, its bristles soaked in a protean, shimmering mixture. In the hands of the Lady of the Quill were materials of the finest essence this world would ever see, and it was time for the first act of creation.

With such a gift in her hands, the next step was conceptualization. And then...execution. The workflow was intimately familiar.

Jin-Yu placed the brush on the canvas...and moved. The shimmering mixture upon the divine brush responded perfectly to her intention, taking on every color and shade necessary to illustrate the backdrop of a perfect interstellar scene, the void of space punctuated by the glow of distant nebulae and stars.

But as for the focal point of the image...

Skyler's description of her parents was brief and vague, and really what you'd expect most people to say of their parents. Nevertheless, Jin-Yu felt the sincerity and longing from her and set it down on the canvas. She painted two celestial bodies possessed of a comforting, welcoming glow, one a pale orange and another verdant green. Radiating a spirit of devotion, the two bodies orbited...something. Maybe they were whole planets with their own forms of life, orbiting a radiant sun. Or perhaps they were mere satellites, orbiting a planet of unknown provenance.

Therein lay the importance of the painting.

The paint dried practically instantaneously, and she turned the canvas so Skyler could see it. At the exact center of the painting was a sizable blank patch, a circle of white amidst the void of space, within the embrace of the two glowing bodies. "Skyler...when you're ready, and only when you're really ready, I...I'd like you to finish this painting." With that, Jin-Yu removed the canvas from the frame, rolling it up. Just as she intended, a hollow tube of some waterproof material (bamboo?) materialized, allowing her to carefully slide the rolled-up painting in, cap off the tube, and press it into Skyler's hands.

Necromantic Necromantic

Ulfr appears frustrated, and after listening to the conversations of others for a while he interrupts.
"I know it might shock you, but I don't think anyone wanted this. I wanted to Valhalla not some some freakshow of former humans. You're making fools out of yourselves by crying about your fate like children. Everyone dies, just get on with it.

He walks across the room towards the table as he continues speaking.
"But I believe we are here for a reason. You know the whole 'god' thing and all the 'create mortal life' nonsense?"

As Ulfr reaches the table, he jumps onto the table with his front paws, and after just staring at the sparks of life with his name on it, his body begins to morph back into his human form. He looks at his hands, first confused, then with determination. He examines the table carefully, trying to look for clues on how to use the sparks.

"If we are to populate this world, you have to learn to live with death"

Last edited:
Augustine Beck
savef.png
Augustine found It almost laughable how the dog barked. Going on about how 'everyone dies' like it was just that simple, like there was nothing more to it. If only it was his death he was grieving over, that would make it easier. But no, the dog was mistaken to think that. "Ha. At least you saw it coming..." Augustine mumbled to himself. He would have been more content with dying slower. Not mauled by a bear exactly, but shot in the back perhaps, bleed out on the way to the hospital or wherever. Maybe then he could have done more for the person he left behind, but instead he got something instantaneous. It prevented the one task he had left to fulfill, and the one he was meant to save was alone to fend for herself now. That is what left Augustine spiral into despair, not the fact that he died, but being unable to do more in life.

Ulfr's scolding angered him none. He never had a problem with authority, but it puzzled him however that Ulfr felt any sense of authority to begin with. Maybe it was his foolish ideas of the afterlife, or maybe it was his simplemindedness when it came to their end. He seemed to only take it at face value, and was unable to understand the depth of it. Perhaps that gave him a high ground in his mind, that he was so ready to brush it off.

Augustine's thoughts did not linger on Ulfr's insensitivity, however. He wouldn't let it bother him, he just continued to look down at where the floor and wall met, as he could not so easily deflect his somber feelings. Sadness was apart of his nature, a reflection of the turbulence he experienced his whole life. He felt trapped, glued to that position for what felt like an eternity. Depression had him overtaken, as it seemed there was no way back to Kiko now.

1659575529632.png

Mendos, Patron of the Destitute

Mendos continued glaring at the purple goddess, the mist around him swirling faster and faster. "Oh? So enlighten us then, by all means, make our do all the work and make our lives easier." His tone full of hostility, the black mist began spewing fourth in all directions around his immediate vicinity. It wasn't until the bee swarm goddess spoke that he began to calm himself down, the whirlwind of black mist dissipating and dying down. He clicked his tongue. "So be it, it appears that this conversation must wait." Mendos walked over to one of the other tables in the banquet hall where he picked up a glass of wine, swirling it in his hands.

He never before had the privilege to indulge in such a drink, however he always did want to try it. Could I even drink or eat in this form? Well, one way to find out. He put is lips to the glass and took a sip. As it turned out, he could indeed consume things in his shadow form, however... That didn't taste like anything at all...Were his insides made of darkness too? Did he even have insides to begin with? He stared a little bewildered at both the glass of wine and his hand. Perhaps if I assumed my human form, would I be able to taste?

Closing his eyes, he tried to focus and visualize his old form. The picture in his mind was hazy at first, despite him being in that form until just a few minutes ago, but got clearer and sharper the longer he concentrated. Outwardly, the mist started to be drawn towards his body like metal shavings to a magnet until no free wisps remained. The darkness shrouding the figure began to change form and color. First was his skin, turning to his old skin tone, the features of his face becoming visible as the darkness gave way to his human face. Then were his clothes, where there was shroud before was the outfit he used to frequent wearing in his past life. When he opened his eyes, there were no longer two glowing yellow orbs in his eye sockets but actual eyes. He took another look down at the glass in his hand, swirled the liquid inside, and then took another sip and then mumbled to himself. "Hmm, not bad..."

Looking around he took in the state of his fellow gods. "What a mess we all are..." He once again mumbled to himself. Well, I suppose he could at least attempt to contribute to the soothing of other souls. He looked over to the human man that Ulfr seemed to upset, or rather was already upset as evident by the total broken table count in the hall being 1. He was just standing there, looking at the ground. Letting out a sigh, he started walking over to the man. When he finally got to the man, he put a hand on one of his shoulders. "Something troubling you, friend?"

Last edited:
Amareus

Since awakening to a brand new existence. Amareus had spent time trying to reconcile their new form with their human memory. This body was covered in scales harder than steel and dwarfed most vehicles. Its wings shone with all the colors of the rainbow, flecks floating from them like glitter. Human arms and legs had given way to powerful but slender limbs that ended in sharp claws. Snaking behind them was a tail capable of smashing concrete with a single swipe. Lowering their reptilian snout to look at their reflection. Amareus confirmed that they had become a dragon. Turning to look at their counterparts in divinity. All they could do was watch for a while. If they were going to be working with these individuals. They wanted a good idea of their personalities. Plus Amareus was uncertain of how to speak with their new body. Dragons seemingly couldn't articulate human dialogue. Telepathy could have also been an option. Yet they wanted to try listening before opening any sort of dialogue. In addition, Amareus was uncertain of their sex now that they had become a reptile. Usually dragons in myths were either male or female. However they didn't feel anything that would indicate either in their anatomy. Perhaps gods lacked gender all together and simply appeared as whatever.

Some like Skep and Jin-Yu did their best to comfort those among them who weren't taking their new reality very well. Others such as Ulfr and Naki were already taking to their new roles like a fish to water. Amareus understood all of their feelings. Despite becoming gods with eternity in front of them. Their reactions were still very human. Whether they wanted to soothe the disheartened, retreated into themselves in despair, tried to find a compromise, endeavored to push forward or sought meaning in their divinity. Each of these were emotionally human responses. Whether that would lead to a better world or a repeat of their own individual worlds was yet to be seen. Having curled up in a corner to watch the discourse. Amareus raised their head before lumbering over to the table with all the food on it. While moving towards the food. Their shape become smaller, more mammalian and finally human. Pouring some of the weird looking mountain dew looking stuff and drinking from it. Izuru was surprised that it tasted like cherry despite being yellow. It was like the being that reincarnated hadn't bothered to research human beverages before dumping them there.

"First we talk things out over coping with the death. Then we can get to the good stuff. Like sculpting mountains and deciding who gets to be in charge. Cos everyone wants THAT much responsibility..."

Tanaka.jpg "Seems I'm a tad late to the party." Livets watched the others talking, and arguing, with each other as he realized he was probably the last one here. For now, he decided to use his human form as he didn't feel like choosing between his two Godly ones.

Since he arrived late, he didn't know what most of the conversations were about aside from the fact a number of them were just people arguing over what could have been. This irked him a bit, as it went against not only his own views, but his Godly views as well. He also realized that this was the first time he was so easily annoyed. He guessed it had to do with being a God and the instinctual need to have his Godly views followed? He shrugged inwardly as he walked over to the group of other gods.
"Come now, no need to for all of this. We should treasure what is, not what could have been. While we may all have regrets, we should make the best of what we have; We can't go back, and we have more important matters to think about right now." Taking a few more steps so he was in the midst of everyone, Livets gave a small bow, his magician side of things showing a tad. "I am Livets Arucana, or 'The Magic of Life' if you will." He flickered between his two Godly forms when he said both versions of his name. "Before we get too engrossed in the regrets of our previous life, I think we all need to introduce ourselves and our Domains and then decide what to do from here on, yes? I don't think this space here will last forever unless we do something with it ourselves."

god_of_life_cg_by_shrimpheby-d5kyrd3.pngMarnie's Teacher.jpg

Skyler
d6q5dov-7e4bfc2e-5d61-41dc-9c2e-0522230f4ba4.png
Skyler's eyes lit up when the woman comforting her summoned a canvas, then brushes, and more materials to paint. It was amazing. So they really were Gods now, her being able to simply summon those materials out of thin air was enough proof to show that. Watching that filled Skyler with a childish wonder than she couldn't remember when she last felt, a momentary reprieve from the pain of loss. So they really could create things.

She watched as she started painting something, colour covering the canvas like magic. Perhaps it even was magic. Skyler had never been much of an artist herself, she always found herself getting exhausted and forgetting about anything she tried to draw. But watching Jin-yu made it look so effortless, like it was something that came naturally to her. She was absolutely enamoured, up until the paint brush was put down and the canvas was rolled up. Hold on, but it didn't seem done, there was still a large blank space.

"...Oh, I understand." Skyler replied as the the canvas was placed in her hands. The two celestial bodies, the empty space, she understood the purpose now that Jin-yu had said she wanted her to finish it. She was trying to ease the burden on her by letting complete it. It was touching, she'd have to work hard to perfect it.

Any reprieve that Skyler felt was broken when the dog spoke again. Get over it? Acting all high and mighty, as if he knew exactly what was best for the people having trouble coming to terms with their new situation. Skyler had never been the wrathful type, but being told to just get over never being able to see her parents again, the very people she'd wanted nothing more than to get a proper life with, sent a rush of anger through her. She stood up and carefully placed the tube containing her canvas on the banquet table.

"Don't you dare assume you know my pain." She stated as she approached Ulfr, voice cold with her fury, her footprints leaving a black mist behind. Skyler looked up at the dog now turned man, able to tell how he died but not caring. He wanted to get on with creation, huh? He needed knocked off that high horse that high horse that he thought he was so entitled to. "Mock our grief one more time," She pointed to the other man who was distraught by this, "I will wipe out any race you create. The afterlife has to be better than being ruled over by you."

The glimmer of a gem on the table caught her eye. The note with it...For creation of the Underworld. And it had her name on it. No, no, no, that had to be wrong. For her, to create the Underworld? She was ruling over the afterlife. The very thing she'd just been denied. She picked it up, looking at it for a moment as she walked away from the beast calling itself a God. After a moment, laughter spilled from her lips, as well as tears falling down her cheeks as she clutched the gem that carried the very essence of the underworld. She got to make the afterlife.

"Is...This a joke?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back