• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy New Atlantis Characters

You got it!

(At a later time, I'm out ATM.)
you understood, that after lowering the ranks that are currently OP, you still need to weaken the ability enough to shorten it by 38 points, right? That´s about 20 ranks overall to lower, after taking the OPs down to at least rank A

Which can be achieved with the changing of material, adding weaknesses (I stated that one some time earlier), and the versatility of the ability. I think I might change it to something tech based, like summoning weapons.

Which can be achieved with the changing of material, adding weaknesses (I stated that one some time earlier), and the versatility of the ability. I think I might change it to something tech based, like summoning weapons.
well, I won´t say it can or cannot until you give it a try

Later time today. I have to let the idea foster a little, and get back home to a working computer

Idea Idea okay, I have a lot of questions - but instead of asking them, I'll give my rankings and my reasonings - and you can tell me where I have assumed something incorrectly. A lot of my assumptions rely on how you can move the strings and through what methods - manual/mechanical or ferrokinetic.

Sustainability - F rank. No particular effect on sustainability, I believe.

Adaptability - C rank. You can potentially hold things, lift things, make attacks, control other things with it. It's a very versatile extension of your limbs. [Could be reduced significantly if the threads have lowered dexterity and manipulation ability. For instance, it would drop sharply if the threads weren't able to wrap around objects and hold them]

Destructive Force - D rank. Strings move fast, as mentioned below. Objects that break the sound barrier strike initially with a physical object, then strike again with a wave of pressure created by the object's speed. The pressure wave alone from this can cause severe tissue damage, and you yourself said it can break stone. While the ability can't cause widespread damage, it can cause massive amounts of precision damage. [Partially based on the forced carried by fast movement - partially based on the "crushing ability" you could possess with these threads. The former would lower as speed lowered - the latter as fundamental control lowered]

Speed - A/OP rank. A whip moves at mach 1, so your strings move at twice the speed of sound. If we're measuring in terms of "difficulty to dodge", that's immensely difficult to avoid. There's also a huge amount of force carried by this object, as mentioned above. [Could be lowered if the control over the threads is mechanical rather than ferrokinetic, or if they took time to accelerate. The above is assuming very fast acceleration - but if you actually had to personally swing the threads quickly and only achieved peak speed for a moment, it would be a lower rank]

Defense - E rank. The threads when weaved together could be used to block and deflect against melee weapons or fend off attackers.

Increment Capacity - D rank. Absorbing metal, though I'm not quite sure how it works.

Deadliness - B rank. A needle-thin point moving at twice the speed of sound has immense penetrating power.

Fundamental Control - OP/A rank. I'm assuming that the threads move via a kind of ferrokinesis - a specific form of telekinesis. Your strings can move quickly and seem to have great control over them, but specific nature (limited to your own threads) lowers the rank a little. Furthermore - I can't predict what the upper limit is on the amount of force these threads can apply. For all I know, they could lift a car over your head. I don't have enough information to accurately judge a limit. Then there's the ability to control other metal objects which adds more. [This ranking could be greatly lowered if the strings rely on your own body to move. I.E. You can lift heavy objects, but you must be personally capable of holding the mass of the object - the downward force of which is applied to your back where the strings connect to your back. The strings would function as synthetic muscles, relying on mechanical strength to hold their own weight]

Area of effect - D rank. Concrete effect extending to immediate area - the length of the threads.

Weakness - E rank. Extreme temperatures are an extreme scenario (highly specific). Outside of your abilities this weakness doesn't hinder you (disruptive instead of harmful). Furthermore, your ability isn't completely disrupted (partial). I'd consider this weakness a "highly specific, partially disruptive" weakness. [You could get a higher weakness ranking if extreme temperatures totally disabled your ability (total disruption), or if you felt physically weaker too (partial disruption and minor harm). Otherwise you could expand the weakness criteria to other scenarios, such as magnetic fields too (specific instead of highly specific)]

So if the OP ranks were lowered to A:
1 + 6 + 4 + 10 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 10 + 4 - 2 = 47

17 points over
, unless I math'd badly.

Last edited:
[border]
_inked__mari_da_yeong_by_richperry-db3vi5i.png
Mari Da-Yeong
"Someone has to stand up for the little guy."

Title/Nicknames/Alternative Names: Scrapper (Hero Identity)
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Race: Human
Guild Affliation: Punk Guild

Personality: Generous and charitable to a fault, Mari has spent her life helping others and standing up for the downtrodden. She has a fierce determination to help in whatever way she can, whether that is volunteering her time to chartiable causes, donating most of her meagre pay to local people and charities, or even donning some body armour and protecting the communities she loves more directly. She's not afraid to throw herself in harms way, despite whatever odds she's up against, so she took to hero work quickly and with a bright enthusiasm.

She is energetic and driven, refusing to be let down by her disability or anything else. But she's not one for the fame and glamour of being a hero - she doesn't want to be an empty beacon of hope, as she would rather be helping people than signing autographs, although she would gladly do so to cheer up a fan. As such, government-mandated appearances and functions tend to irk her, and she considers most of them as wasteful and unneccessary. Otherwise, Mari faces the world with a cheery demeanour, eager to lift spirits and make friends.

• Exercise - Mari loves running and keeping fit and active, something even more important since she lost her leg. When she's not on patrol or volunteering, she can usually be found jogging around her neighbourhood or training at a local gym.
  • Volunteering & Charity Work - coming from the poorer parts of the city, she has lived among sadness, poverty and homelessness, and she wants to help the people affected by these things as much as she can. Soup kitchens, charity drives, and even meetings for alcoholism and depression are all important causes that Mari attends.
  • Dancing - an extension of her love of exercise, Mari absolutely loves dancing. Now this isn't proper, trained ballroom or flamenco or other such thing; Mari just loves listening to some music and moving her body to it, whether out with her friends or at home alone.
  • Spreading Disability Awareness - losing her leg was a huge part of her life, but Mari hasn't let that stop her from doing what she wants to do. Now, rather than shying away from duscissions about it, she is always happy to spread awareness about living with a disability and helping people understand that people with disabilities are just normal people living their lives.
  • The Simple Life - Mari is unconcerned with flashy living, fine dining or having the latest anything. She has made herself a comfortable, simple life filled only with what she needs. Her luxuries are limited to a small TV and some books, otherwise she's happy to live simply and easily.
Dislikes:
  • The Strong Picking on the Weak - Mari gets infuriated when she sees big people picking on the small, rich folk berating the poor, and strong people mocking the weak. Seeing such egotistical bullying sets a fire within her, and she will likely speak up for the people or person being targeted.
  • Violent Street Crime - Mari really hates violent street crime. Like, seriously, really hates it. Especially when it's people stealing from the poor or assaulting the weak. While she will usually first try to talk someone out of dealing drugs or selling shoddy merchandise, violent street crime will earn someone a swift pipe to the face first and foremost if Mari catches them in the act. Which she has. Many times.
  • Unnecessary Showmanship - Mari has watched many "heroes" perform grandiose entrances or transformations for seemingly no other reason than to boost their own public image and popularity, often while the threat they are supposed to be attending is still running amok. She has no patience for this, and will call out said heroes when they do this while she's tending to the issue at hand.
  • Prejudice - in any of its forms, prejudice is another of Mari's peeves. Racism, sexism, ablism, any of it sets her off, and she will stand against any who judge or attack others based on such things. Ablism is a particularly strong catalyst for her, for obvious reasons.
  • Sweaty Prosthesis Rash - seriously, it's just nasty and painful.
Fears:
  • Letting The People Down - Mari started the hero business to help and protect people from direct harm, and failing to prevent that harm from coming to innocent people is one of her greatest fears. It is one of the main driving forces behind her self-sacrificial attitude towards danger.
  • Powerlessness - having worked her entire life to make her way in the poor districts, and more recently relearning how to walk and run after losing her leg, Mari fears being powerless again. The idea that she could face a challenge and be unable to even try and conquer it scares her to no end.
  • Leeches - blech, horrible things.
Relationships:
  • Carole Djinbi - one of her closest friends who she's known for years and years. Reliable source of gossip and fun, and almost always the reason Mari ends up in a bar.
  • Marcus Djinbi - Carole's husband, also a good friend.
  • Lucia Smith - another friend, Mari met Lucia at the gym. They often run and train together.
  • Karl Porter - owner and operator of Karl's, a local gym where she trains. Mari has known Karl for a few years now, and they get on well.
  • Old Ken - Mari's neighbour, an irritable old man who berates her for being out and about at all hours. He's got a kind heart, however. Mari gives him a Christmas card and a small present every year.

mari_da_yeong_enjoying_some_food_by_richperry-db3vinu.png

A rare glimpse of Mari enjoying some downtime.

Items:
  • Prosthetic leg
  • Two 2ft lengths of pipe with crudely-wrapped cloth as grips
  • Modified helmet/visor combo
  • Battered and crudely repaired leg and arm guards
  • Salvaged BMX body armour
  • Small sling bag containing:
    • Small medkit (bandages, compresses, tape, antisceptic cream)
    • Small repair kit for her leg (small hammer, adjustable wrench, screwdriver, replacement screws and bolts)
    • Flashlight
    • A few energy bars
    • Large, metal hip flask full of water
    • Small pad and attached pen
    • Map of the city
  • A fanny pack containing:
    • Personal and official hero ID
    • Cash
    • Her phone

Power Type: (Not So) Special Tech
Power: None
Mana Costs: None
Stats:
Skills:
While she doesn't have any powers, Mari makes up for it with an indomitable spirit, strong will and a keen mind, as well as the following skills:

Combat Training
  • Martial Arts - Tier 0 - she has basic training in martial arts, supplemented by plenty of use while patrolling the streets and regular sessions at Karl's gym.
  • Dual Pipe (Weapon) Mastery - Tier 0 - after using them for so long, Mari has become quite proficient using her two lengths of pipe to fight.
Non-Combat
  • Salvaging - Tier 0 - most of her armour is salvaged, and living amongst the poorest communities means she is used to scavenging for anything she can't readily afford.

Other: Mari never really expected the government to accept her into the hero program, she just wanted to be able to help protect her community without getting into legal trouble. Whether they accepted her as a joke, by mistake, as part of an inclusiveness outreach program, or some other reason, it's doesn't matter to her. She's just happy she gets to do what she loves.

Theme Song: It's a hell of a training and fighting song, and a damn good song to dance to:
"I am the symbol of peace!"[/border]

Last edited:
Idea Idea or Collidias Rex Collidias Rex or other GMs, feel free to create stats for Verros... I think his CS is how I want it to be.
Or if you have any ideas for other Skills Verros could possess I'm all ears. He only has one at the moment, and I don't know if he could have other skills at the moment or not.
Either way... he's mostly how I want him so stats are welcomed. I'll alter him accordingly if the points are too high/low.

-WIP-

Quote:

"Everyone is valuable, some just more than others"

Name: Mary-Anne Violet Michealis

Title/Nicknames/Alternative Names:

Mary
Anne
Minx (Her bartender identity because she doesn't think Mary-Anne is cool enough)

Physical Age: 18

Chronological Age: 96

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Race: Undead

Guild Affiliation: Outcast Guild

Appearance:
___hex_sketchdump____by_farfromserious-das2mve.png
art by FarFromSerious on DeviantArt

Personality: Mary-Anne is a very 'chill' individual though you'd never catch her saying "I am the symbol of peace!", being dead (well deadish) for 78 years will do that to a person but it can also make them a bit bored of everyday life. Because of this she's developed slight sadistic personality that she's a bit ashamed of, her interest in seeing the different expressions a person makes, breaking someone down, rebuilding them to a new being, it makes her feel more in control, and less bored. Her chillness can be seen at first glance, as she can constantly be seen daydreaming or simply staring at the sky for no reason at all, when needed though Anne can take a pretty strong charge that may come across as passive aggressiveness which is fairly common for her to express. Love, is a story she prefers not to explain, her thought process can be explained with these words: 'meanings be met, and existence be lived.'

Likes: She enjoys fast music and tight clothes, things that will make her stop thinking and allow her simply live in the moment, prefers birds to other animals because of their freedom but if asked to pick between cats or dogs? She'd pick dogs due to their loyalty.

Dislikes: Anne has a bit of a distaste for silence and people who are shy, beings who begin to assume rather than get to know, impulsive actions, overconfident people, and over all rude individuals.

Fears: Despite her actually already being dead Mary has a strong fear of being completely dead, also she has a fear of abandonment which creates a fear of being too close to people

Items: Tight fitting dresses/skirts/shirts/, a few "normal" or "lazy day" clothes, two phones, sewing kit, black head phones, personal female hygiene items, two pairs of black elbow length gloves, two pairs of white elbow length gloves, and a large purse.

Power Type: Third Strand

Power: Unoxidant Glandule, allows the skin of her hands and wrist to secrete a toxin that can reverse the effects of oxidation on something that is already partially oxidized. This allows her to, for example, restore an ancient text that is barely readable or make an apple LOOK edible again...however, if someone (even herself except with your hands) were to touch it for a total of a minute, either a straight minute or the sum of the touching was a minute, then enough of the toxin would pass to them that they would perish, unless given enough time to recover and remove the toxin prior. Children, pre-teens, take two minutes because their bodies repair faster.

Mana Costs:

Stats:
Sustainability-
Adaptability-
Destructive Potential-
Speed-
Defense-
Increment Capacity-
Deadliness-
Fundamental Control-
Area of Effect-

Skills: {S} (this is referring to hero skills)

Relationships: N/A

Theme Song:
Semi-Automatic- Twenty-one Pilots
Hurricane- Halsey
Build God, then we'll talk- P!ATD

Other:

Last edited:
Her ability to manipulate shadows is more heavily reliant on her focus than her mana, currently.
two things about that. First, no you can´t "be more reliant on focus than mana". The system of mana/energy/ammo is there for a reason and no one is allowed to bypass it.
Second thing, powers can ony grow by using hero skills, so it makes no sense for you to put "currently" in your power- because it can´t change or improve over the RP.

Racial Power: Ride on a Broom tier 0
Tapping into her ancestral inheritance, Aenwyn can substitute riding a broom for her normal locomotive mediums. This power is limited by Atlantean tech as well as Aenwyn’s own magical inexperience. As it stands now, she can only maintain 3ft levitation above any surface, and her ability to travel is limited to what she can do using her own two feet. She can, however, fly over marsh and quicksand with ease. She can fly over water only if it isn’t deep and she can see the bottom (like a swimming pool or shallow lake.)
new hero skills need to be approved in the suggestions section before their usage is allowed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back