Other Never had a partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

___wonder21

Who has been here and never had a roleplay partner i been here for 7 months and never had a partner i dont know why dont give me bs like it takes time i seen people that first got on here with partners and replys i think it has to do with me im not desprate i just want to feel included

I don’t know how helpful this is, but I just read your thread, and it seems kind of limited. You have a lot of expectations for partners, and not a lot of things that you want to roleplay. You’re making a really small niche with very few people that qualify for your requests. If I were you, I’d add more things that you want to RP, so more people share your interests. Widens your group of potential partners, so you’re a LOT more likely to find someone you mesh well with. Maybe try to join a group RP to meet some people.

I hope you find some good partners!

I remember one time I was at other site to roleplay. Some shared their interest of what I liked and wanted to roleplay with me. However it never came to be. I would ask them to respond but at the end they never did. I was more likely to think they just spoke to me out of pity.

Permanent Exhaustion Permanent Exhaustion is exactly right. Your interest check is way too niche for the amount of requirements you have. It's also worth noting that, within the context of RPN, some of those requirements would pretty much kill your interaction with the majority of the site...on their own.

Or so I thought. This is not just a matter of mismatch, after going through your requirements properly I realized you contradicted yourself in what you wanted, that you seem completely unconcerned with whether the other person enjoys themselves to the point of wanting to force characters on them, it baffles me how you ever thought this could work. I'm sorry for being rude, but you have some requirements here that nobody meets because they are antithetical to the very type of roleplayer you ask for and to the very concept of roleplaying as a hobby.

I'll leave my detailed thoughts below, but here is my recommendation:
1. Look for SIMPLE roleplays, not detailed ones
2. I'm afraid you won't find anyone if you don't drop some of the requirements. Drop the "more than one character" requirement, and drop the "The accuracy of how you play a character I give you etc should be spot on " requirement, seeing as how simple roleplayers won't meet the first and NO ROLEPLAYER WILL MEET THE SECOND. Drop the "I prefer not busy" requirement. Part of it is a given, and the other part is once again met by nobody.
3. Even if you won't expand your horizons a little, try to think about the other person.

1.Please be able to play both male & female
This requirement isn't horrible, though there are a lot of people unwilling to play a different gender. Again, not bad, but the problem with this one wll come later.

able to play more then one character(like 3 or more)
This one isn't bad, just a little confusing. Are you expecting people to keep track of 3 or more main characters, or are you assuming you have to specify that people have to be able to handle NPCs?

for people you dont care about grammer
And this is where the real big ones start. It is fine to say you don't have the perfect english, but to tell that the other person can't care about grammar at all, this is just too much to ask of most people, and of course it won't fly with detailed roleplayers. Detailed roleplayers are naturally the ones most concerned with the writing and it's quality, and while not all of us are grammar nazis, we do generally care that our partners can write in competent english.

This requirement alone could have turned away the vast majority of RPN, and it's only the third out of 11.

4.Im illiterate i dont right a bunch of paragraphs i right what im comfortable with

Why did you say "detailed" then? This requirement is the OPPOSITE of detailed, it's low casual at best but probably just simple roleplay. Which isn't bad mind you, it's just a different style. I'll talk more about this in the conclusion.

5.Dont be rude due to past experiences (I have anxiety and attacks)

With this requirement, people who do have anxiety will worry about upsetting you, people who don't will fear stepping on a landmine.

6.Be a quick replyer

Again, why "detailed"? Good detailed RPers will tend to take their time (well, there are exceptions, but you've already turned them away at this point) to flesh out a well constructed detailed post.

7. I don't do anything erotic but I'm fine with nsfw and darker themes

This one is ok. Kind of uncessary given the rules forbid erotic, but no harm done.

8.I like to play as (original characters)not canon characters unless I can change their personality

Which turns away half the fandom fanbase, but cannon character players do tend to be more niche anyway, so not a big loss.

9.The accuracy of how you play a character I give you etc should be spot on

Wait, wait, wait what? Didn't you just say "no cannon characters"? Are you saying the other person doesn't get to have their own character, they are forced to use one of yours? This is beyond just a niche requirement, this is basically impossible to demand of people. This one, by itself, will kill your interest check.

And on top of this demand, which completely disregards the other person's interests and fun in the roleplay in favor of what I can only assume to be some pairing, you have the balls to feel entitled to reprimand people for not perfectly portraying a character you shoved onto them,

10.Also try to have kik I'm mostly on that message me about this

-most people on the site are on the site to roleplay
-most of the people who are not on the site to roleplay but just to find roleplays are spread over many platforms, among which kik is a very small percentage
-I don't know about other people, but kik has a very bad rep with me, though this is mostly due to some...unsavory experiences I had in certain places.

11.I can roleplay with anyone but prefer ones that are not busy
Alright, this is another who pratically kills the interest check. Pretty much everyone in RPN is busy most of the time.

12.I expect communication if your busy tired or something let me know so we can continue later
A reasonable requirement.

13.I dont do (MxM) and (FxF) only (MxF)
This is where the "play both genders" part comes back to bite you. The people who most often only play one gender, are the same who tend to play MxF exclusively (and most of the time, they only play girls)

If I may chime in, another reason I think people are being turned off is your tendency to copy and paste your posts. When I go to your profile and see you've posted the same "I HAVE SOME RULES SO PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW" post at least three times, that really chases me - and people like me - away, because that gives me the vibe that you are impatient, spammy, and overall just don't put a lot of care into your efforts to find a partner. I could say more but Idea and Permanent Exhaustion have already pretty much said all the other things I feel.

I agree with what others wrote above. I had a look at your search thread and it's incredibly demanding. It doesn't give off a friendly vibe at all.

You really didn’t change much aside from minor phrasing, it still comes off as demanding, and you’re ruling out 99% of the site with your requirements. I would read Idea Idea ’s spoiler, it told you what’s wrong with your requirements. Beyond that, you don’t have to post a new thread to do this, you can edit an existing thread or bump an old one up. Like Nove NuVonde Nove NuVonde said, it comes off as spammy.

Plus its not demanding if i was i would of said you cant roleplay with unless you do this you have no choice and the rules are from past experiences that why i put them their cause i have anxiety and came here for a friendly roleplay thats just what im used to i did change some things but i would like to do things how i want them to and changing them to fit someone elses needs and not allowing me to express myself is triggering to my mental illness what i listed of fandoms i like is what i like im trying to be fair but is it fair to me?

You can have whatever requirements you like and as many as you like. But you then have to be aware that you most likely will not get many partners as your requirements will turn away a large majority of the site users.

I understand you have preferences due to past experiences, everyone does. But it’s the way you phrase it that makes it come off as demanding. Like others have said, your thread makes it sound like you just don’t care if your partner enjoys themselves, or about what they want. You’re not going to find partners like that. Your requirements are contradictory, and Idea explained how they were.

I have some rules and requirements and so I understand that it will take awhile to find partners. If you have lots of requirements or just very demanding ones, then you have to be very patient and cannot complain about not finding partners.

Plus im am being patient I been for 7 months I'm not desperate sorry for wanting a partner but it's fine I don't blame any of you for it

Also I'm not complaing

Also please no more replys(my anxiety is building up)

Alright, it's a somewhat better, I'd say. Next I would fix the organization (in the revised version you kind of made everything into a cluster) and I would fix a few of the spelling mistakes you made, such as writing "replyer" instead of "replier", "right" instead of "write" and a few others like not capitalizing "I" at certain points.

Do those two things, and I'd say you stand something of a chance.

Plus its not demanding if i was i would of said you cant roleplay with unless you do this you have no choice and the rules are from past experiences that why i put them their cause i have anxiety and came here for a friendly roleplay thats just what im used to i did change some things but i would like to do things how i want them to and changing them to fit someone elses needs and not allowing me to express myself is triggering to my mental illness what i listed of fandoms i like is what i like im trying to be fair but is it fair to me?
1. Rules are things people HAVE to follow. If people don't have to follow your demands then they shouldn't be listed as such. In fact, unless you have a separate rules and bonuses like I do, I wouldn't say they should be included at all.

2. Your interest check is your pitch to other people, not your solemn warning nor a place to express yourself. You need to understand, people roleplay because THEY want to, and they will roleplay with people who cater to their needs. You are not entitled to a roleplay partner. You are not entitled to roleplay. You only get to roleplay if you convince other people to want to roleplay with you. That is how the roleplay/interest check market works.

Now this isn't to say you can't have your requirements- but you have no grounds to complain if you stuff your interest check with things that turn people away and then people are turned away.

3. Don't try to earn pitty points. Look, I don't know what your "mental illness" may make you go through, and I don't mean to demean it's effect on you, but it doesn't give you the right to demand things from people. If the problem can't be solved by growing some backbone, and your illness is to such an extent that the minimal thing will trigger you, then I recommend that you seek professional help instead of using the time to roleplay. I hate saying this to people, so please understand nobody here is to blame for your mental illness and that you are either capable of being someone who can work with others or you aren't.

4. You are demanding. Nomatter your reasons, you have a whole bunch of very broad rules, that is being demanding.

Plus i dont know how to delete threads
Nobody told you to delete threads, they told you to edit the old ones and bump them instead of making new ones.

Well i have seen people with more rules then me but i may just leave
People can have more rules, generally if those rules are more flexible, if their interests are broader and/or if they manage to compensate by showing others the personality in their interest check, trying to gain a different kind of appeal.

I'll stop writing now since I just saw your latest comment, so I'll make this my last reply and advise the following:

ACTUALLY LOOK. There are other people with interests checks, and after checking, you didn't post in a single one. Instead of having others do all the work, look around.

From my experiences you just gotta go into other people's checks too, can't just rely on your own to do the work for you.

Also, you're gonna message people and they won't reply. It's the way humans work, and sure, some might reply to out of pity but that's just part of what it is.

Move on, find someone who matches you and find the ones who don't.

Stay headstrong.

I'm not trying to earn pity points I just said I have mental illness and plus I did look around and replied this one person had a interest like me but never got a response also sorry if my grammar sucks I'm not righting a book I want saying I'm entitled or saying(every one should roleplay to me and everyone else like I'm better then them) I'm just saying this is the first time I had a problem with my rules and before never did so im just used to them (also im crying right now and my chest hurts aka a anxiety attack it's not the first time it happens so im fine in about like a hr or so) but don't pity me I don't want a person's pity

But like I said please no more replies I didn't mean to cause all this I'm sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back