• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Neow x LaFilleKitty

Neow46

The Man Among Gods
This is a romance RP between Myself and LaFilleKitty only!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

She should be here soon...

A Guy mutters to himself, sitting alone at one of the local Coffee Shops here in town.

He taps his fingers nervously on the table, checking his phone almost every 10 seconds in anticipation and nervousness.

He's never really been on a blind date before...

I can't believe my friend set me up for something like this...

He mutters to himself again, looking around the quiet shop. Only a few other Patrons were here, simply sipping at their coffee or using the unsecured Free-Wifi here... He didn't even LIKE coffee...

He knew better then to connect to unsecured Wifi... too risky, and really not even necessary with his phone...

This guy's name was Neow.

Lightweight Build, Somewhere around 5'7 or 5'11, not sure, Grey fur, Shaggy brown hair, Green eyes, Glasses, Handsome face... wearing One of his black jackets with a t-shirt under and some regular old jeans... He was a Sort of Anthropomorphic Grey wolf, at least his kind weren't uncommon, Animal hybrid people, or, well, human that is.

He Had the Longer Snout, big ears, and a tail, The primary Features of a Wolf or Canine really.

God I should've dressed nicer then this...

He says to himself, looking down at himself and his phone again, thinking to himself about himself and his appearance... and personality...

He liked Drawing and Writing, Video Games too to a huge amount...

Neow was an Extremely Unpredictable guy, probably the kindest and caring person you'll ever meet, especially if you're a friend... Highly introverted, but can somehow handle Social situations really well and very Maturely, even though he was getting nervous as hell right now in anticipation... Very expressive, Hates being teased/jerked around... Nightowl... Procrastinates waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Also a Is a walking Paradox... Heh heh...

Any minute now this girl he was supposed to be meeting would be coming in, he arrived a few minutes early to reserve a seat for the two of them near the window looking out into the street.

I hope i wasn't too early...

He thought to himself again, regret and embarrassment slowly building as he waited. Any minute now she'd be walking in no doubt. His friend hasn't told him anything about this gal'... Was she a human? Was she an anthro/Hybrid like him? or a mix inbetween somewhere?

Checking his phone again, still no new messages. 11:57am. The Clock ticking down to the hour.

He hoped to god that he wouldn't make this weird for either of them...

He also hoped that she would somehow recognize him as well, but if his friend or whoever they went through to contact this gal didn't tell her about Neow's appearance either or where they were to meet...

Any minute now she was prolly' going to walk in...

Neow would wave to her if she seemed to be looking for someone...

@LaFilleKitty

A brown skinned feminine with short jet black hair and yellow sharp eyes resembling of a cat ran down the street as fast as she could. She bumped into millions of people who standed in her way. She earned a couple of glares and rude name calling, but she apologized to each and every single one of them. With her pointy black cat ears and tail, but human skin was indeed known as a Neko. She had some human blood in her.

Her name was Roxanne, Roxi for short. She stood about the height of 5'4 and weighed at 135 pounds. She was quite beautiful, face wise, and had a slim body showing a bit of an hour glass figure. She busty around the chest area which earned her a lot of less eye contact.

Roxanne wasn't the type to socialize a lot. She always stayed quiet in large groups and felt awkward in one on one conversations. She hated herself for being a awkward person during meetings. After a while, she opens up and see a whole other side of her. She very honest, sometimes a bit too honest which leads to hurting others feelings. She has a really bad anger problem so kts best to stay away fr her when she upset. Can't really control it well. People say she has a nasty personnality, but really she's an caring person. She can be nice and gentle when she wants too, but is a very friendly person. Tends to joke around a lot during tough or awkward situations. Also is shy when it comes to romance. Never really knew how to handle stuff like that well.

"Oh my god! Can't believe I'm late!" She berated herself. Roxanne sometimes looses track of time and forget things quickly. Earlier, she spent her time singing and playing the guitar. She loves to sing. Been singing ever since she was a young kitten. Since she was in a rush, she just put on the first thing she seen, black tank top, ripped jeans, and worn out sneakers. She threw on a red jacket on top just in case it rains. She didn't bother to fix her hair so it was entirely in a mess now. Not very presentable for a blind date.

Roxanne ran past the side of the cafe and made an immediate right turn bumping into an man in the process. His coffee had spilled all over his clothes.

"Watch it you damn cat!" He shouted. Roxanne turned her head back and bit her lower lip feeling guilty.

"Sorry mister!"

Roxanne stepped into the cafe smelling the sweet scent of coffee. She stopped in front of the entrance doors taking a step to the side hoping not to block anybody way. From what she remember from her fellow acquaintance that set her up on the blind date, the guy has grey fur, glasses, and resembles a wolf. Doesn't really help much, but she hope she finds the right guy. Her yellows quickly scans around the cafe and stops noticing a guy that fitted the description she was told. She walks up to him steadily with a small smile on her face. "Um are you Neow?.." She asked him.

Neow's ears Perk up as his head darts up from his phone in startlement at his Name.

He looks up to see Roxanne, he hadn't notice the commotion earlier and blushed a little bit.

Oh- Uhh, yeah I'm Neow! Are you Uhh, the Blind Date? My buddy didn't tell me a thing about you, I'm sorry if i didn't realize it was you coming in!

Neow quickly gets up out of his chair and Pulls out Roxanne's chair for her to sit down in acrossed from his own seat.

W-what's your name if i may ask? Like i said, my friend didn't really give me any details about this beforehand! Like a truly blind date haha!

He says kinda sheepishly, it was obvious he was nervous.

God i'm really looking weird now aren't i? he thinks to himself.

He'd sit back down after Roxanne Takes a seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roxanne was a bit surprise by Neow's nervousness, but she brushed off. "O-oh um its alright!" She started to feel a bit awkward realizing this was a blind date and never met or seem this guy anywhere else. She gave him a small nod thanking him for pulling put her chair and sat down. Gentleman one point, she thought. She keep up points with certain things to see if she'll really be interested in the guy. Basing people off of points is bad, but you're use being hurt it a lot you have no choice.

"So sorry if I'm late! I got distracted by other things.. But totally not saying you're aren't important either!.. Well um.." She rubbed the back of her neck fellow by a soft chuckle believing what she said was awkward and stupid. "My name Roxanne, but you can call me Roxi for short." She laughs a little noticing his nervous. She thought it was cute.

She remained quiet for some time, but eventually build up the courage to speak. "Are you nervous?.."

Oh no it's not a problem!

Neow Says as he sits back down.

And uhh, thanks haha...

She didn't just insult him saying he wasn't important did she...? Nevermind that Man nevermind that, Keep focused on making a good impression...

Very nice to meet you though Roxi! I've always liked that name!

Yyyyeah... I am a little nervous...

Neow rubs the back of his neck with his hand, his eyes avoiding contact for a short second.

I've never done anything like this before in my life honesty, it's kind of a new experience for me! I uh.. haven't really dated many people really haha...

Great, now you're making yourself look like some sort of inept nerd.

I uhh, work Cyber Security For a living, I'm a bit of a Novelist and artist on the side, and I like video games!

Are you jumping to that straight away? Dude, weeeeak. Hey, what else could i have done?

Uhhm, How about you, what do you work as and what do you like?

He said with a slightly nervous smile, trying to keep eye contact as best he could. Never enjoyed eye contact so much with strangers... it always felt weird and awkward... But at least it made you look honest, bold, and friendly outwardly.

"Well.. You dont have to feel nervous. Just think of me as an old aquanitance..." She thought for moment realizing what she said was dumb. "Uh.. That wouldn't make a difference" She let out a heavy sign feeling evn more awkward.

Roxanne listen to him talk. She nodded her head at everything he said so he wouldn't think she wasnt listening. She tried keeping contact with him, but he was always avoiding her eyes. She wasn't sure what he was looking at and felt a bit self-conscious about it. She zipped up her jacket a bit in case he was staring at her chest.

Well he's has a job and interesting hobbies, two points. She thought. Minus one point for video games though.

"Well.. this is my first time going on a blind date, but I've dated didn't before like friends or guys I've meet..." Oh god, how he doesn't think I'm some whore or anything. "I work as a bartender at a nightclub just a few blocks not far from here. Umm.. I-I sing and play guitar actually think about perusing in the musical business!" Roxanne tried to sound a bit excited, but she couldn't since she felt so awkward. She stayed quiet for a little while.

Neow Smiled, attempting to listen to her advice about pretending to be an old acquaintance. It didn't work as well as he would hope. He's always been too conscious for his own good.

Did She just zip up her coat? Crap, eye contact man EYE CONTACT, She thinks your looking at her breasts. Even though you really do appreciate female anatomy, still can't be a pervert in public yah' dumbass.

Well that makes us both first timers at least right? He attempts to Keep eye contact as best as he could, or at least tried to look at places elsewhere then her breasts.

I've dated before too, but not too much. But I get it, some people just ain't for some of us, or things don't work out. I-I'm kind of an Introvert, but i still like meeting new people such as yourself and everything! Neow said calmly, starting to feel a little more comfortable.

Need to quit that stuttering though... That's always been a problem...

That's interesting though! He said with a Smile as Roxi described her own Job and that she sings and plays Guitar. Wait, what kind of Night club? Don't assume Don't assume... actually maybe assume it's just one of those Partying/Rave Night Clubs, yeah, assume that till she says otherwise that'll work.

I used to play guitar myself in high school! But i uhh, I've kinda forgotten over time though, B-but i can still play technically!

Your voice is very pretty I'll say! You ever write your own songs or play at the night club?

Neow asks Roxi.

Wait... why would she play at a Nightclub unless she was a DJ.... Damn it You wish you were better at conversation. Shut up it's still nice to ask. She does seem to be pretty confident about her musical skills it seemed like!

You wonder what kinda music she likes now...

She nodded her head agreeing with him as her eyes wander off to the window. "Ah I'm kinda same. Find it very difficult for me talk with people specially in a group..."She smile feeling a bit complimented by meeting new people such as myself.

Her cheeks flushed red when he complimented her voice. She looked away at her lap feeling shy. "W-well thank you. If you're still interested on playing the guitar, I can teach you a couple of things." She stared at him slightly confuse when he mention playing at her job. She just laughed it off knowing it was a nervous mistake. "I work a club that's more for like partying or raves. But I do go out sometimes and sing couple of songs I wrote in the park just to make a few couple of buck." She bite her lower lip hoping that didn't sound the slightest bit weird. She wanted to slap herself so badlt right now. She couldn't help, but feel self-conscious about everything she said. "Um... I've been playing since I was 11. I think what made me better at playing it was listening and playing a lot of bands muisc. I mainly listen to those... Not the very hardcore or metal type!"

She rubbed her neck for some confidence and looked at him trying to make eye contact. "Uhh, but enough about me. You said you work at Cyber Security and is a novelist, right? I'm curious about whats your genre is in writing books and what kind of drawings do you. Um what kind of video games do you play? Honestly, I'm not into video games, but I do play them once in a while." Did I just blabber about total nonsense right now. Feel like I asked a lot of questions just to avoiding talking about myself.

Neow listens intently to Roxi, gatta look like your interested man, not just being interested.

Ahh i don't think music playin' is for me. I love to listen but I think im happy with what i do already, but thank you for the offer!

Neow Says excitedly, his tail swishing about around his legs.

Ahhh so it is a kinda like Rave/Dance Club, Nice... A Good Rave once in awhile never hurt....

I See though! Definitely never hurts to make a couple of bucks with your hobby, I do it all the time with my Novels and Artwork... Maybe take it to the next step and find somewhere that'd hire you to play there like at a regular bar or something like providing music or intermission acts for stand up comedy, or as some sorta stand up musician perhaps?

Neow says calmly, always liked making suggestions or getting discussions he can distract his self-consciousness with. He takes a drink of his water as he listened to Roxi talked about where she began with music and how she learned it.

That's pretty cool! I learned Writing and Drawing the same way you learned music. But I never started either of those until i was a Freshman haha.

When Roxi turns the questions onto Neow, he suddenly freezes up for a second and his eyes begin wandering again in thought, suddenly getting nervous again.

Uhhm, yeah! For Cyber Security, I just basically administrate computer systems, technically keeping them protected from cyber attacks at the Credit Union I work for, The Job is in very high demand after all! With the growing internet and stuff like that... yeah....

As for My writing, I usually write Fantasy novels, My main work being
Among Gods if you've ever heard of that... It's nto as popular as i'd want it to be but, it'll get there some day!

As For my art and drawing, All i do really is just illustrate characters and places inside of my Novels and take the occasional Commission where people pay me to draw them things...

Well, that's the easy parts outa the way... Now don't bore her with all your favorite video games, normal people still don't view video games as the norm still aside from those awful Call of duty games! Don't say your opinions on awful games that are somehow popular you dolt.

And I uhh, won't bore you with the video games too much hehe...

But uhhm, I do play all sorts of different kinds really, Shooters, RPGs, and the occasional Multiplayer games h-haha...

Neow twiddles his fingers a little nervously as he tries to find something else to talk about... your own music choice that's right! Maybe She'd like to talk about that instead!

Also I uhh, My taste in music's actually pretty specific i find. I guess i'll listen to almost anything, so long as i find a song that sounds good to me? I'm really kinda like, "Pick and choose" when it comes to my playlists hehe... But uhh, There's two Artists that i Really like out there, A techno band called Glitch mob, and uhh, this Independent artist Named Thomas Bergersen who does a lot of Orchestral stuff, You ever hear of them?

If uhh you haven't you could easily find them Online through Youtube or something!

Neow smiled as he looked at Roxi, She was indeed very pretty, the matching jet black cat ears, tail and hair were definitely a nice touch. The Hair's a little unkempt but she musta' been in a rush here, you don't blame her. Hell if she's as anxious as you are, your hair would be going everywhere too probably!

(off to bed with me, 1am here haha, ill get my next post in ASAP!)

(( Haha okay. Sleep well :) )

Roxanne slightly shakes her head and smiles towards him when he reject her offer. It was alright with her. Her eyes trail down to the table noticing a greay tail swish back and forth. Her smiles grows even bigger and moves her eyes back on him when he speaks again. "I've actually thought about doing something like that, but I started thinking about the crowd, then have a mini anxciety attack with myself thinking about bad things that could go wrong. Like what if i fall off stage or speaker exploded o-or if i sang bad someone in audience throws something at me..." She nervously laugh thinking how stupid she sounds. "Hopefully I will build the courage to do something like that one day."

She couldn't help, but think how tough it is working at place that's involve with the Internet. She actually couldn't believe it. Guess you learn something new everyday. "Ah I-I've never heard of it, but I'll look it up right when I get home! Sounds interesting. Oh if its fine with you may I see some of your illstruations. I'm actually into art and love it, but can't understand a word of it, haha.." She turned away from him and stared the window feeling more awkward. It was just impossible for her to get comfortable. When he mention video games she almost zoned out. She nodded her head hoping he didn't notice. "Uh I usually play the arcade type of games. I remember one time I played a shooting game online with a friend and... Uh you probably don't care." She tried to give a smile, but it just came out weird.

"My music is very diverse, but I listen to bands more often then other type of music. Now that I think about it I use to be in a band back in Highschool, haha. I had sorta a fall out with them..

Um I never heard of those two, but I'll search them up when I have time."

Roxanne stayed quiet after that. She really had nothing else to say. She tried to think of something to say, but nothing came in mind. She pulled back a couple strains of hair that was blocling her vision. "Uh sorry I look like such a mess. I don't usually dress like this for first impressions.."

(Sorry for taking a little bit to do this, had to manage the actual Among Gods and some other things!)

Can't be as anxiety inducing as this could it? Neow says jokingly with a chuckle and a smile about Roxi's hesitation being in front of a stage of people.

Honestly, if yah fall on stage, all you have to do is get up and laugh it off a bit, While faulty or bad equipment can never really be your fault, And i'm pretty sure people can't throw things at you or boo you without getting security called on them haha.

Her laugh's kinda cute.... Do you sense some nervousness in her too? Why does she keep looking out the window...?

Wait, did she just ask where you post your illustrations? Ooooh no. maybe it'd be better to draw something on a napkin or something like that if she has a pen...

W-well uhh... Neow Seemed completely caught off guard about his art...

Most of what I draw i don't usually post pubically anymore h-heh... B-but if you have a pen or something i could draw on a napkin here if you wanted!

Neow said rather hesitantly, not noticing Roxi zone out about video games, but it was pretty clear to him she didn't care too much for them in the first place. Maybe it's best not to press on about them.

It's kinda sad, but a lot of friends Do tend to just... well... Come and Go really.

Neow looks outside the Window himself now in thought, watching some of the people pass by on the street.

It kinda sucks, but like a lot of relationships i guess they just don't last either sometime's you know?

Neow went silent for a minute, thinking to himself on the matter, before realizing he had almost missed what Roxi said, he quickly snaps his attention back to her.

Oh! Aww naww it's fine! The color of your ears, tail, and hair match very well togethor! Besides, as you can see, I'm always a fan of Hoodies and jean's myself haha.

You really hope she doesn't take offense to that somehow, but it was true you did like the plain old jacket and jeans, always very nice and simplistic! Easy to draw too in some cases....

Shit that's right, her band!

Also uhh, what kind of Band was it if i may ask?

Neow said with a Smile, taking another drink of water.

(( Nah it's alright. :) )

"Haha I don't know about that. This is pretty better than stage fright." She still looked out window watching people walk by. She felt bad for constantly looking out the window, but she couldn't help it. Her ears perk up when he mention her having a pen. She quickly patted herself and checked her pockets for a pen. She looked at him with a little. "Ah sorry I don't have a pen. Guess I'll see you draw another time."

"Or if we ever get on a second date." She thought. "Well.." She stared at her lap feeling a bit shy about what she's about to say. "It sucks going through relationships like that, even friendship. Personally, I just want something... Long lasting." She stared at her lap thinking of something to say. She still delt awkward and wanted to apologize for it. Why? No clear reason at all. Her face flushed even more redder when he complimented her. She was expected him to agree with her and say something rude, but she was wrong. "T-thanks! I'm actually fan of hoodies and jeans. Feel more comfortable and just me." She smile a little while rubbing the side of her arm.

"The band.. We were just rockers. Um I was the leade singer and guitarist and wrote most our songs.." She pause thinking back to the memories. Her smile soon faded as if a horrible memory came fo mind. "Everybody wanted to become famous, get the spotlight, but I wasn't ready for that. So they gor themselves a new singer." She shrugged her shoulders as if the memory didn't bother, but it really did. "But it's nothing now. All in the past." She said trying to fake a smile.

Hehe, fair enough i guess...

Neow responds to what she said about stage fright, watching her look out the window again, He also shifts his eyes, looking for whatever she was lookin for, but didn't turn his head to do so...

He simply shrugs after she searches for a pen on her.

Next time it is then! Neow says with a smile, he was getting slightly more comfortable, but he still kinda felt the air of awkwardness all around him AND her still.

After listening to Roxi talk about relaitonships, he adds on to what she said;

Not to get all philosophical, but yeah... It does suck going through relationships like that, but if you think about it, they kinda make you stronger in a way, or at the very least eliminate one of the "dud" relationships hehe... He said that last part in a joking manner after noticing the blush in her cheeks.

I understand what you mean about the long term relationships in general though... and from my experience those are the most heart breaking ones at times....

Neow looked down at his water and phone, sighing... it was clearly a very uncomfortable topic for him as he remembered several relationships, not just romantic, eventually never worked out in the end...

Yeah though, same here about the Jeans and hoodies, much more comfortable, and i feel a lot more like myself than whenever i wear something like shorts or short sleeves, regardless of the weather hehe.

He said without looking up, taking another drink of water as he listened to Roxi talk about her old band.

Neow looks back up at her when she talked about being replaced, seeing a sort of frown on her face before a smile that was likely fake. If he's written his characters in his novel's well enough, Neow knew that kinda smile usually wasn't a genuine one.

Did they ever make it to the spotlight? And Again, this was only still in highschool right?

He asks calmly, more curious rather then being conscious of it bothering her, but maybe a tiny confrontation about it might help her out. At the very least Neow could do that before She called this off. but he knew damn well what something like that feels like...

(the font color isn't hard to read is it? I keep finding the black and dark green mixing from time to time.)

"Yeah, they're probably are the hardest to deal with after a break up, but..." She stopped herself hesitating to continue speaking. Her cheeks were a light red still debating to continue her sentence. Eventually, she decided not to and pretended ahe had nothing else to say after that.

"This all happen during my senior in high school." She informed him. She looked up a bit thinking for a second. "From what I'd heard from other people, they never did. Something happen which I don't know about." The subject wasn't all that touching to her since all she thinks about it as a past and it's nothing more. "...Honestly, I'm happy that they never made it. Yeah, I know that's mean to say." She looked up at Neow and stared up at him as if she wanted to ask him something. She wanted to escape the awkwardness and just go out for a walk. She loved the sweet coffee aroma, but she felt the cafe itself was trapping the awkwardness around them. "Um.. D-do you want to just go out.. and walk..?"

Neow's ears perked up at the idea of going out for a walk.

Uh-uhm, sure! Just lemme check if they're gonna make me pay for the water here h-haha

Neow wasn't too sure about this but he'd go along with it. She'd better not lead him into some sort of Alley somewhere...

And naww, don't feel bad for them kicking you out honestly. Cause that c-certainly...

He began to froze up, he cursed himself under his breath as he stuttered nervously.

Thhhat was certainly their downfall it s-seems like!

I'll just, be right back....

He said awkwardly as he got up for a second, nodding to Roxi to just give him a moment as he goes to ask the staff if they were gonna actually charge him for some water....

So far this blind date was going pretty alright as far as Neow was concerned despite his damnable stutter, things were awkward and there was just an air of anxiousness over all, but hey, it could be a lot worse...

She is very pretty, clean complexion, the Jet black hair was to his tastes, peircin' yellow eyes, cute cat ears and tail, pretty voice, Pretty name, and a nice figure and breasts to- Stop, you moron. -but she does- Shut up, you know where that kinda thinking leads moron, you know how that kinda stuff's ruined some past relationships, Personality is where it's at... Now that Neow thinks about it, she does seem rather reserved, but pretty darn laid back it seemed like... she's pretty interested in art, gatta bring a pen next time, and she's really into music.... Not so much it seems like about the writing and ESPECIALLY the video games. Eh, to be fair most past girlfriends or really any female friends of his were never really into Video games as much as he was. Ah well, at least Art's a pretty darn common interest, least she's interested in that....

Neow finally makes his way back to Roxi, a little annoyed that they actually charged him 5 Dollars for just some tap water... at a coffee shop.

S-Sorry about that, Anywhere you'd want to walk to like the park?

He asks Roxi with a Smile, offering his hand to her to help her from her seat.

Even though she could get up on her own just fine, it was still polite to offer, and was usually perceived as romantic, and Neow Did hope to still at least leave a good impression on her.

"I'll be here.. waiting." Roxanne said to him before he walked off to one of tje staff. She leaned against the table with her head resting in the palm of her head. Her eyes were lock on Neow as she began to think about the date so far.

The date it self was okay despite the awkwardness tension, but okay. Neow was indeed a really great guy. He was quite good looking for a wolf and his glasses made him look even cuter. Roxanne had a weakness for guys with glasses. She wonder how he looked without his glasses. Roxanna felt relief he a had a steady job. Most guys she meant barely even had one. His hobbies were interesting, but didn't how to feel about the video games though. She'll probably grow on to them and eventually like them, but that's only if they start to hang out more once the blind date over. Overall, his personality probably won her over. He was a rare catch to her.

Her ears twitch when she hears Neow speak up. She was so lost in thought she didn't notice him walk back. She looked at him and could tell he was definitely charged for water. "It's fine. Um sure. That sounds fun."

"A walk in that park. That sounds fun? This only a blind date and the dude partially a stranger!" She fought only berating herself. Maybe he's gonna... Nope! Don't think like that. It's obviously just gonna be a friendly walk in the park."

She took his hand when he reached it out towards her and stood up from her seat. "Thanks.." She let go of his hand though she really wanted to keep holding it since his fur felt soft. She walked out the cafe and breathe in the fresh air, but choke after breathing in cigarette smoke. "Wow the city is just full of smokers." She mumble.

(( Oh the font color is perfectly fine! I don't see any mistakes on my screen. ))

Neow Grimaced at the scent of smoke as well. His Ears folding back on his head as he tried to wave away the the scent.

Yeah, I hear you on that. Even though my Mother smokes, the smell's always bothered me since i was a kid... this nose sure as hell doesn't help... he mumbles that last part to himself.

At least at the Park, people usually don't smoke there...

As the two of them walked along together, Neow wondered what else Roxi was into... maybe ask about school academics...? Yeah, that'd actually be a pretty decent topic!

So what kind of academics were you into during school besides music if i may ask?

Like, besides the obvious computer tech, creative writing and 2d art for myself, I'm still pretty into Sciencey stuff like Astronomy and Biology, as well as Psychology and Sociology with maybe a side of philosophy there hehe...

What about you?

He asked Roxi, looking at her with a smile as he lead the way to the nearest park the could think of. it was a small one but it had a nice path to walk around and some places to sit along near the manmade lake it had....

(bed time for me, G'night! Also it seems like you some how triple posted the same thing :o ? )

Roxanne walked beside Neow in silence with her eyes focus on the the ground. Her mind was a bit else where. She quickly shot her head up to Neow when she heard him speak. She thought about his question before answering. "I was no good with science. I failed the class every year. Was so depressing, but I did like learning about Astronomy even though I only understand two things about." She laughed a little as she ran her hand through her messy hair. "But my favorite was History. I love learning about things that happen in the past. It made me even wonder about a lot things in the world. It was fun and an easy class to pass."

She saw the park from the other side of the street. They needed to cross to get to the other side. Roxanna looked both ways before crossing. No cars in sight. She walked a few steps while crossing the street, but quickly rushed back on to the sidewalk when a car was about to run her over. She was stun and stared at the speeding car as it vanish in the distance. She suddenly brusted out into laughter finding it so ironic. "I-I'm sorry." Apologizing to Neow for her sudden fit of laughter. "It just funny to me how everytime I cross the street a car comes driving by." She ignored the fact that she was about to be road kill.

(( whaaat? That's weird my screen only shows that I sent it once O.o ))

(Sorry for delayed response again!)

"I was kinda the opposite haha."

Neow says in response to Roxi about Her own academics.

"It was still an easy grade in history, granted, but I Honestly never liked real history even though i love writing lore and world building in my novels."

Neow thinks to himself the many world's he's built up in each of his novels... From Among Gods to Bloodstones and The island of hope...

Neow's startled by the car that forces both him and Roxi to jump back, getting both angry and frightened at the same time.

"JESUS CHRIST!"

He yelled.

He glares at the car as it speeds away, double checking the road again before they'd make another attempt to cross the road to the park.

"Don't apologize, it wasn't your fault....

God though, what the HELL is wrong with people?!"

He questions in a very angry tone of voice.... If only there were a way to get rid of so many awful people like that who just dont' pay attention or don't care what they do and what happens...

He sighs, this is probably a bad idea but...

W-would uhh, you like me to hold your hand in-case some other idiot decides to... speed down the road here? Like some sorta uhh, ass?

Neow says with quavery voice and a blush in his own cheeks,. Doesn't hurt to be bold sometimes does it? Although he's not too sure how she views swearing....

Roxanna looked at Neow completely shock. She didn't expect him to loose his temper that quick. She laughed a little and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Neow calm down. We're safe, it alright." She said softly trying to reassure him. She was mad that the driver was driving recklessly, but felt a bit bad for not fully checking the street. She nodded her head understanding her apology wasn't needed.

She stared at his face noticing a small blush. She couldn't help, but think how cute it was. He was probably shy of asking her the question or embarrass. She reached out and took his hand. "I wouldn't mind at all." She said sincerely smiling big.

(( It's okay! You're busy, its fine. :) )

"Y-Yeah... Sorry... it's just like, whenever idiots like that just do something that almost gets someone hurt, it just happens to light me up... The world's already hurtin' enough right? Not like we need anyone else hurt haha..."

He apologized for his out burst. It just whenever idiots ever do anything like that, especially almost hurting or killing someone it always just happens to really destroy his temper and tolerance for things like that... God you hope you didn't scare her with that...

Neow Smiled as he took Roxnnae's hand as they crossed the street safely this time. Calming him down somewhat or at the very least replacing his frustration with those first date "butterflies" in your stomach kind of feeling as they walked into the green park together.

Neow breathed in deeply at the fresh air, away from the usual smog cities always kept around... He's never liked living or being in cities for very long but, it was necessarily for the job, and Neow didn't really have to worry about driving in traffic all the time when he could just normally walk to work, or work from home instead...

At the very least thought he smog here wasn't as bad as Vegas....

Neow went silent for a bit just thinking to himself and enjoying the walk, before realizing that there was just kind of a silence between him and Roxanna...

Damn it, what else is there to talk about... hrmm, maybe about her job and why she works as a bartender...?

So uhh, why do you work as a Bartender at a Nightclub if i may ask? Any reason beyond just somethin to keep the cash flowing?

He said to Roxi, turning his gaze towards her.

"I totally agree with you. It's selfish." Roxanne felt a bit safe with Neow by her side crossing the street whilst holding hands. She felt a bit shy and the air between them wasn't awkward no more. Just comforting. As they walked into the park, she took in deep breath. She smile as she exhale. The smell of nature always felt relaxing to her compared to the city. Roxanne lives in the uptown area of the city which is less smelly compared ro downtown. It was bit far from her job, but at least it was in the city.

Roxanne had gone silent forgetting that she was currently on a date right now. She had kept herself in her thoughts and admiring the scenery in the park. She looked at down at her feet hearing his question. "Well.. At one point I was about to be evicted from my apartment and I had just recently got fired. I didn't know what to do and felt hopeless. I wanted to give up, but then my friend Cassie, who also works at the same nightclub, told me they were hiring looking for a bar tender. My mother was an alcoholic so at a young age I was very familiar with alcohol and such. Also had experience working at a bar before. So I gave in my resume and got the job." She looked up at Neow ready to ask him a question. "What made you want to work at Cyber Security?"

"I ended up in Cyber Security because I guess that's the way life worked out for me.

My Family says I've been following my grandpa's footsteps ever since I learned how to do more on the computer then my entire family collectively haha.

It certainly wasn't my first choice as a career, but my Mom and Dad wanted me to be more successful then them, and were willing to pay the fees I needed for the schooling.

So after my Senior year I got my education and a few certificates after a year or two, and here I am now with my own apartment in the city with a job at the same credit Union my Mother works at..."

Neow zoned off for a little bit... he had it alright compared to a lot of other people recently it always seems like... He'll definitely admit he got lucky... After all, cyber security is in high demand these days... It's just awful to hear and see what other people have to go through like Roxi here...

"I'm sorry you had to go through what you did..." He said very Sincerely...

"But hey, least you've got a what i assume is an alright job and you're out here going on on blind dates right?" Neow said, Smiling at Roxi as they Walked together through the park...

Wait, are you still holding hands with her?

"Wow... So you basically got some help from your parents. Even continue to go fo school after high school. Lucky you.." She frowned a little at the last part, but quickly try to hide it with genuine smile. Roxanne didn't really have much growing up. Her mother was an alcoholic working as a house cleaner which didn't really paid much. Her father was a mystery. Never meet him and was told he left her and her mother when she was 8 months old. Her mother job didn't really paid her enough for Roxanne to be able to go to college after school so Roxanne had no choice, but to work. Now that she thinks about it, music kept her keeping going though at times she just really wanted to give up.

She shook her head. "Don't apologize. It not like it was your fault." Her eyes wander off to a small pond that had kids playing a game near by. "Yeah the job is great, at times, the for the blind date... it's great too." She grin lightly swinging her arm back that was still holding hands with Neow. She held his hand even tighter, but not too tight to make it uncomfortable.

Neow smiled, feeling warm hearted about what Roxi said about the Blind date.... It's good to know she's in a good spot of her life now rather then what she went through earlier.

And honestly? he was having a pretty great time too.

He blushed a little bit feeling Roxi's grip tighten on his, and gladly tightened his own grip a little bit too.

"And you know what? I'm having a pretty great time too!"

He said happily as he looked at the larger lake the path surrounded, breathing in the fresh air, listening to everything going around him as if he was sharing the moment with Roxi....

Hrmm, i wonder what time it is... Neow wondered to himself, Quickly pulling out his Phone, checking it to see at least 4 emails and a few unanswered texts...

2pm though?!

Neow's eyes and ears lit up with surprised though when he saw the time,

Damn had it REALLY been that long? It's only felt like an hour at most...

Say, you don't have anywhere to be right now do you? I Took today off, but i wasn't sure if you had something to do Roxi?

I-it's uhh, surprisingly 2 in the afternoon already! Hehehe...

Neow questioned her as they walked, shifting his eyes onto her.

Still pretty. And Still kinda reserved... He thought to himself.... couldn't blame her though, after all it was only the first date...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back