• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Neo Metro OOC Thread

Main
Here

MercuryAngel

This is the official OOC thread for Neo Metro: a Cyber Noir. Any discussion of characters, continuity, And out of context world building should happen here. Neo Metro is established as being a huge metropolis, sprawling out across thousands of miles, with all borders walled off from an irradiated wasteland. The inside of the city is huge, and my hope is that writers will expand the lore by making it their own. So far it has been established that:

Middle Crutch makes up several miles of tenement housing within the city, near the industrial district. Because of nearby factories, thick smog chokes the air. This is where William Zeign’s father made his fortune. Middle Crutch is in severe disrepair and everything is below safety standards, which are rarely upheld in lower income parts of the city. Inhabitants are at risk of severe health problems relating to pollution and communal disease.

Victor Gardens is a tower community built by William Zeign using his father’s fortune as well as borrowed funds from the criminal underworld. The standard of living in tower communities is much higher than in tenement communities like Middle Crutch, but crime is still high on the lower levels where working families and street hustlers rent studio apartments that are closer to what we today think of as a college dorm style layout: bunk beds, group showers, a dining hall. In the upper levels, life is much different. Apartments look more like luxury pent house suites, and between living spaces are high class shopping outlets.The clientele at this level drive luxury cars through an indoor garage that allows them to simply drive many levels up. Even when it is necessary that they leave Victor Gardens, they aren’t rubbing shoulders with anyone on the lower levels. Between the two is Zeign’s security force: mostly ex-military types in swat gear doing everything from parking enforcement to no-knock midnight raids through the lower levels.

Finally, one of many crime syndicates operating within Neo Metro is The Phantoms. On the outside,The Phantoms appear to be mostly involved in street level crimes: selling narcotics and fencing stolen goods, but in recent years the group has expanded into politically motivated crime, stealing and reprogramming a huge shipment of government androids, and performing illegal cybernetic enhancements. The leader of secretive group remains unknown to most.

Any feedback is appreciated, feel free to use this thread for anything you don’t want to put in the IC thread, and have fun!

Can you put a CS with the basics such as name, age, appearance, and role so we have a quick go to? Also, if I'm being honest, I don't feel comfortable just jumping in without making a character. Feels kinda weird to me.

Okay, if character sheets make RPers feel more comfortable jumping into the story, I’m more than happy with that. I’ll fill one out myself if it
helps.
Basic Information

Full Name:
Alias [optional]:
Birthday: [day/month/year]
Occupation/role:
Appearance

Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Height:
Weight:
Markings (scars, tattoos, etc.): [optional]

Personality

Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Vices:
Loyalties:

Background

Birthplace:
Parents:
Siblings: [optional]

Basic Information

Full Name:William Zeign
Alias: N/A
Birthday: 23/December/2025
Occupation/role: Real Estate Tycoon/Gangster
Appearance

Hair Color: Silver/Grey
Eye Color: Pale Blue
Height: 6’
Weight: 230
Markings: Bullet scars around rib cage.

Personality

Strengths: Ruthless, Calculating
Weaknesses: Destructive anger, Narcissism
Vices: Vintage Liquor, Depressants (pills)
Loyalties: A man of his word, pays his debts.

Background

Birthplace: just outside Middle Crutch
Parents: Alfred Zeign, Mary Ann Zeign, both deceased
Siblings: none

Awesome! I've been trying to come up with an introduction post since Saturday. I hope this takes off.

Quick question: I'm going to assume there is a version of the internet in this world?

I don’t see why not. If it fits the aesthetic and helps you tell the story the way you want yo tell it, feel free to introduce the internet, as you see it existing in Neo Metro. Thanks for asking.

Basic Information

Full Name: Pyotr
Alias: N/A
Birthday: 13/August/2045
Occupation/role: Mercernary

Appearance

Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: 1 blue, 1 bionic
Height: 6 2
Weight: 200
Markings: None. A little handsome. Should have been a model.

Personality

Strengths: Doing odd jobs, getting people to pay, tracking people down, hurting people
Weaknesses: Gambling
Vices: Pills
Loyalties: Money

Background

Birthplace: Not sure
Parents: Not sure
Siblings: Not sure

Basic Information

Full Name: Maia Winkle
Alias [optional]: Azure
Birthday: January 7, 2040
Occupation/role: Aspiring internet personality/celebrity
Appearance

Hair Color: Pale blonde with bright azure blue bangs (its all about branding, baby)
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5'7
Weight: 185
Markings (scars, tattoos, etc.): Pierced ear's. Wants a tattoo, but hasn't splurged on one yet.

Personality

Strengths: Great actor (or liar, however you want to put it), good with technology
Weaknesses: Worries too much about other's opinion of her
Vices: Materialistic, Self Centered, fame and fortune
Loyalties: Nobody but herself.

Background

Birthplace: Middle Crutch
Parents: Her mother, Sarah Winkle. Who knows who or where Azure's biological father is. She doesn't really care to find out.
Siblings: N/A

A dedicated CS thread would be in order, alongside a dedicated lore page.

MercuryAngel MercuryAngel

EDIT: furthermore, can you provide more details on the world and its technological levels? More specifically, what exactly are the androids like in this world? is Neo Metro all that is? Can you provide suggestions or skeleton concepts to fill out, or things you'd like to see?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back