• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Neo Metro: a Cyber Noir

MercuryAngel

Set nearly one hundred years in an alternate future not dissimilar to our own, Neo Metro is a cesspool of crime, corruption and violence. An elite class of corporate tycoons and political opportunists play a deadly game of power and influence. Nothing is off the table. Down in the muck, the few police who aren’t on the take fight a battle of their own: a losing war on vice that could go all the way to the highest halls of power. Beneath even that, two bit hustlers and street kids are trading digital assets and real world narcotics, fighting for domination one block at a time. Neo Metro is a city with a thousand realities, but what is real could be elusive as well; double identities, memory implants, androids, some unaware of their own inhumanity, some hellbent on surpassing it. Who is real? What is real?
Inspired by Bladerunner, Akira, and the Cyberpunk genre as a whole, Neo Metro is an opportunity to throw yourself into high class politics, mindbending science fiction, and gritty street drama, all at once.

Nothing set in stone, I would rather do something freeform, where everyone can focus on developing a character, or multiple characters if they prefer, and can devote the time.

Hey, great to hear. I’m glad there’s some interest. I want to keep things pretty free and open, so I don’t plan on using character sheets, or a list of character class options. That said, this is a noir sci fi setting, so characters should fit that vibe, corrupt politicians and police, gangsters, private security and private investigators, undercover police officers, street hustlers, etc. The tone should be mature.

I’m going to keep things open so that anyone with any interest can drop in, and I’ll start the ball rolling tomorrow with a thread on the main group role play page. I just ask that anyone joining in be willing to commit to keeping the action moving. Thanks again for the interest.

Great, so Neo Metro is has been approved and the into has been posted on the group rp page. Anyone interested in joining can post at will- the idea is that this is a sprawling metropolis, so feel free to jump in anywhere. This isn’t a closed rp, so there’s always room for more players. I want anyone interested to feel free to join in. Thanks, hope you enjoy!

not having a character thread or even an OOC section seems more of a disservice instead of simply not wanting to limit people. Strongly reccomend you to make all relevant pages so people at least don't have to scrub through the IC to figure out who is who and what's going on.

MercuryAngel MercuryAngel

I see your point about adding an OOC and will look into that further if it makes the experience more user friendly. Should have that put together soon.

I think it would be easter to set up a separate thread for character sheets so with established characters we have an idea of what our first posts are gonna be

Just jumping back in to let anyone interested know that the story now has a dedicated character, lore, and OOC thread attached to the main thread. I’m keeping the story open; this is not a closed group, and newbies are welcome to jump in at any point. Thanks again to everyone who has shown interest. This is as much your story as it is mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back