• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Neko & Eko’s Pocket Place! (Tavern RP, ANY AND ALL WELCOME)

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Dr.Nekoshu

Confuse. Improvise. Overcome.
Nekoshu & Ekoshun:
The bar was silent, not a living being but the two at the bar itself, one coming through a door beside it and hopping onto the counter. “Well it’s done. All enchanted and ready to go, tested it myself…… So, no-one found a door yet? Even after you had me practice that damn scene about our first customer?” Spoke Ekoshun, slouching a bit forward as he put his arms over his legs and watched the empty club in boredom, legs kicking as his eyes roamed the room.
“Now now Eko… Someone will find them I’m sure of it… Unless I messed up the enchantments again… Hope it’s not a volcano again, nearly burnt off my hair with that incident… HOW DOES A HOUSE DOOR EVEN GET THERE?” Nekoshu, reminiscing on one of his failed attempts at making the enchantment send the possible patron to their realm and not one of the more unpleasant like the scorpion pit incident. He gave a visible shutter at that, tail wrapping around his waist as he sighed and looked at Ekoshun. “Hey… You’re getting my counter dirty.”

"What's up, guys?" Bailey entered through the door to find both the Pocket Place owners there. "I trust we have many patrons today." She was clearly being sarcastic and approached the brothers. "Maybe some entertainment would do the trick, lucky I'm here!"

Ekoshun & Nekoshu:

Ekoshun’s lips moved to a smirk as he heard the female, glancing at her with his yellow eyes. “Are you suggesting I’m not enough? How rude…” He spoke playfully as his eyes followed her like those of a feral beast, though they were closely similar to them anyhow. His own ears raised and alert as his tail swayed across the bar-top. “Lucky for you I’m too tired to test out my arena right now.”
Nekoshu sighed and looked to his brother, shaking his head as he turned to Bailey. “Glad you showed, tells me the enchantment works thankfully, no-one dying horribly on my account.” He nodded and jabbed Ekoshun with a finger, giving a look of irritation. “Get off the bar! You’re not being professional!” Ekoshun groaned in response and got off the bar, leaning against it instead as he stood, giving Neko an unpleasant gaze. “Oh bite me.”

A very particular individual then made their entrance. With a combined height of a towering 9 feet, slight adjustments to normal walking stance had to be made to get through the door. This was attributed to the fact it wasn't a single body, but 2 conjoined and semi-atounoumous ones. Similar to a Centaur, a humanoid torso rested upon a quadruped frame where the neck would normally be. Unlike those hybrids, however, this one was fully animalistic and boasted traits of a fearsome lion and predatory eagle throughout, leading to the idea of a Griffin. His head was coated in white feathers white a pronounced goldenrod beak with a hook at the end. Perched on the sides of his head were a set of keen plumaged horns. A mane of blone and black streaked russet fur looped around his neck not unlike a scarf and covered the breadth of his chest. The rest of him was primarily feline and lined with tawny brown fur over a robust frame. A set of large paws rested on the ends of his bipedal arms and rearmost legs. His front legs were also avian and covered in black feathers with powerful bright gold talons. Draped along the sides of the lower portion was the set of massive black feathered wings folded seamlessly along him. The tail was feline and lengthy, ending in a set of white rectricies that made it overall a few inches shorter than his body length of 11 and a half feet.

Tharraleos was this avid traveller's designation. For nearly 4 centuries the Tauric beast aimlessly roamed the globe. This disfigured form was relatively new, however, and only had surfaced within the last hundred years. Such was the byproduct of a rare and elusive mutation present in his kin's bloodline. Hailing from a race of aquatic warrior Griffins known as the Aerasginero, they were bipedal hunters with access to much larger and quadrupedal monsters with greater strength but beserk tendencies. The aforementioned metamorphosis would blend the 2 forms together and a majority of innate abilities are lost in the process. Tharr was somewhat fortunate to still have the weaponized limbs and dermal armor of the combat forms, though at the expense of undersea adaption.

This bar was found by sheer chance after coming across a random door amongst his travels. A lover of aged wine, this seemed like the perfect place to spare a few moments for a drink. Frontal talons and rear paws would carry the massive form of the warrior to the counter in digitrade steps, the wooden floor creaking under his near half ton weight. He would find a spot at the corner where no chairs were present. Such wouldn't be necessary as he arranged himself in a seating stance that nearly gave the impression his furred bipedal torso was on a chair of sorts, where he'd patiently await his chance to be served.

tumblr_p5pltreeU31rzqfv9o1_500.png
Shortly after the door closed behind the strange, towering creature, it opened again, offering a glimpse of a completely different exterior before a young elven woman burst through. She tumbled to the floor, spilling arrows and sheet music in her wake, before scrambling to close the door behind her and drown out the booing and makeshift projectiles coming from... wherever it was she had come from. Once the door closed, she slumped against it and caught her breath, a look of relief spreading across her face, followed immediately by one of confusion and concern.

This was Eshe Cavalier, and her latest piano concert had gone horribly.

Like, she knew that she wasn't an absolute master pianist, but she didn't think she had performed badly enough to warrant being booed off the stage and having things thrown at her. Then again, she had flubbed a few bars of her songs pretty badly, and she had been performing for a council of dwarven lords, who appreciated immaculate music. And she wasn't immaculate.

At this point, Eshe realized that she had made a mess upon entrance into this... magical bar? Nice. She scrambled once more to pick up the arrows and sheet music she had dropped, before standing up and awkwardly offering a small wave to the few people at the bar who had no doubt noticed her... dynamic entry. "Uh... hi."

Almost directly after Cavalier, came quite an odd figure. His body structure seemed to be that of a boy in their late teens. His body entirely ash black. Two long black horns extended directly up from his head, and he had a long, long classic forked devil's tail, which swayed from side to side behind him, seeming to almost levitate in the air. He didn't seem to have any facial features, or many defining features at all, which gave off a very strange and eerie vibe. A demon of some sort.

He entered nonchalantly from what seemed to be a dark, but fancy-looking house on the other side. Oddly enough, he didn't seem too shocked when he walked into the place. Pausing to take a look around, he immediately spotted Eshe in front of him, who was waving to everyone else in a nervous fashion. "Looks like I arrived at just the right time. Hey. Want a drink?" He closed the door behind him. Even though he lacked any sort of facial features, he gave off a flirtatious vibe when talking to the gal, and almost seemed to have a smug smile.

capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Eshe gave a start of surprise as she heard a new voice through the awkward silence, that seemed to be directed at her. She turned and, understandably, let out a small gasp as she identified the new speaker: a pitch-black, near featureless, demonic fellow inviting her to share a drink. Flustered, she dropped two leaflets of music.

"Um... yeah. Yeah, yeah, sure," she stammered in reply, brushing some stray locks of hair out of her eyes. Her face flushed a pink color, partly from embarrassment, partly from nervousness, and partly from a small amount of flattery; she had picked up the flirtatiousness in the demon fellow's body language and voice. She didn't think she warranted all that, but still, it was alright, she guessed. "That'd be... nice."

( Daisie Daisie )​

Last edited:
The demon, who affectionately gave himself the name "Malice", gave a small chuckle at the elf's flustered reaction. "Of course." With a flick of his tail, he headed over to the bar and sat down on one of the stools, facing towards Eshe. "What brings a shy cutie like you here? I'd tell you how I got here, but I haven't the faintest idea." Malice paused to look over the woman, noting small details like her outfit, the music sheets, and the quiver on her back. "Looks like you don't come from quite the same place I do. You a human?"

Still blushing furiously, Eshe sat down slowly on the stool next to the demon fellow, leaving the music she had dropped where it had landed on the floor. Unlike her new drinking partner, she did not openly face him back, instead pointing her body more towards the wall of shelves behind the bar and opting to interact with a turned head.

She averted her eyes and placed her chin in her hand as the demon fellow began to check her out (how that was possible, and how she could tell that was what he was doing, she had no idea), quietly sitting through his scrutiny and commentary. The tips of her pointy ears turned pink, to match the rest of her face, at the gesture, and at the comment of "shy cutie." Once again, she didn't mind the comment, despite the embarrassment it caused her. And despite the individual saying it. She didn't know how to answer his question of how she got here, as she herself didn't know, so she remained quiet on the subject for now.

When inquired about her species, a query she could for sure answer right away, Eshe's hands instinctively went up to fondle the now-warm tips of her ears. "Uh, no. Naw, not a human. I'm elvish," she said.

( Daisie Daisie )​

Malice looked towards the bartender and ordered a noticably strong drink for himself before looking back over towards Eshe. "Hah, Elvish? I'm not sure what part of town you come from, but where I'm from, elves are a straight-up myth. Then again, I used to think demons were myths, too. Not much surprises me anymore. I've kinda seen it all." He bragged in a cocky sort of manner, soon receiving his drink, which he promptly took a swig from before somewhat loudly setting it back down on the counter. "All except for an elvish lady such as yourself. Or... Those." He looked over to Nekoshu and Ekoshun, before glancing towards Tharraleos, across the room. "...Or that."

His gaze returned to Eshe, leaning on the table and regaining his flirtatious vibe. "Bet you haven't seen a demon before, either." He bragged again.

Huh. She was a little turned off at the demon fellow's newfound braggadocio, but maybe that happened when he had alcohol.

"I, uh... I actually did see some sort of demon once, I think," Eshe said, "or something very like one, but it was a ways away. And, uh... it was only for a moment. And, uh... it didn't look like you." Her mind cast back briefly to that hazy encounter, if one could call it that, before returning to the present. She shifted a little in her seat, fidgeted with her hair, straightened her sheet music, before hazarding a question of her own.

"Where, um... where exactly are you from, where elves are, uh... myths?" she asked.

( Daisie Daisie )​

The more reserved Tharraleos had ordered his beverage; a glass of their more aged Agiorgitiko. While it seemed his deep golden eyes stared blankly at a nearby wall, he was indeed acutely tuned into his surroundings. The demon was certainly a curious fellow and was certainly eyebrow raising. The elven female being infatuated with harbored similar mystery.

Upon his requested drink arriving, he gave the bartender a firm nod of his plumaged noggin and proceeded to hold the cup the best his pawed mits could muster. Bringing it to his goldenrod beak, the red liquid was poured down his gullet. Now that was a damn fine drink and he had to make a verbal note of this before his departure. He would spend the next few moments soaking his tatse buds in the spicy aroma of this most delectable wine, setting it back on the table just before it was half empty.

For the fourth time this evening, the door swung open to another world. Barely a glimpse of bright colors over the brown red of clay showed before it swung back, a person with the peculiarity of a pair of curling ram's horns having already entered. They wore a long tunic beneath a woolen cloak, fastened at their shoulder and beneath that, legionary sandals padded with wool. At their back was slung a spear beneath a circular shield with two jagged lines in blue upon it, matching several of the tattoos that could be seen on their arms and face.

They had entered, it would transpire, barely aware of the surroundings, or, maybe just apathetic. Despite this, they seemed distinctly focused: beelining to the bar, barely taking a second to right themselves on the seat before they ordered. "Matzoon, Cat-ears. Sheep's milk, if you have it." They said, taking a stack of peculiar, square, copper coins out from beneath their cloak, toying with them as they waited for the bartender.

A few seconds passed, then they stopped. Side-eyeing their neighbor, who, as it transpired, was none other than Tharreleos. "Huh. Griffin." Was all they remarked, the red under their eyes giving a hint as to just why their reaction to everything was so muted.

( Gryphtaur Gryphtaur , Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu )

"Straight from Hell itself. I've never seen an elf in Hell - I'm sure you'd fare just fine though." Eshe couldn't tell if Malice was joking, serious, or if he was offering her an invitation. But this was quickly brushed off. "Where I come from, it's crawling with demons of all shapes and sizes. I run the place down there." He snickered with a flick of his tail and a prideful posture. More and more bad traits started coming out of this guy than good as he took another large gulp of his drink. "Lesser Demons, Harpies, Necromancers, you name it. I even met a Demon Dragon once. She may have been prick, but I showed her not to mess with me. I think she got the message."

Where once she had been flattered by the demon fellow's attention, Eshe now felt more uncomfortable. His attitude had turned from one of flirtatiousness to one of prideful boasting, and from what she had observed, it had all started with his first swig of drink. Maybe this was a bad idea; she decided to stick it out for just a little longer, to see what would happen, and if things continued going downhill, then she'd bail and find a new seat. One well away from this demon fellow.

"Um... that sounds cool," she said quietly, brushing some loose hair out of her face again.

( Daisie Daisie )​

"Aw, don't be so shy." The demon responded to Eshe's quiet nature. "It's a party! Have a drink, have a good time. Come on, what'll it be? Want a drink?" He gave what felt to be a mischievous smile as he leaned on the table and held his beverage in one hand, swirling it around. "I'm pretty sure the drinks around this bar are free. May as well get as much as you can from it, right? You know, liven things up a little."

???

After exactly two minutes after the previous customer. Another odd character has made an entrance. Quite the attention stealer too. What came through the door was a young finely-dressed lad, about the same physical age as the Tavern owners, probably even younger than them. Unlike most of the patrons this one seems to be in a hurry on his way in. His hasty movements indicates that he is being chased by someone or something. Regardless of what happened, it seems that this boy has finally made it inside the magical bar.

More art!!!.png

Standing at 4'6 and wears a business attire. This lad was the one who bursted into the bar unannounced. Whoever this lad is. There are multiple noticable features that can be distinguished from this lad. One of them is his coat off. One thing for sure this lad is carrying two contrasting things at once. One is the scythe that he holds on his right. He is armed with what appears to be a silver scythe/staff hybrid kind of weapon, a tool used for death. The second one seems to be what appears to be his coat wrapping something. Judging by the way he carries it. It seems that there is no mistaking it, he is indeed carrying a child! A baby rather! Wherever this boy has been is surely somewhere dangerous. He is leaning against the door placing his ear over it, expecting trouble. Little did he know that he is in a place that he no longer knows. His heavy panting and tight grip on his weapon, softened little by little the longer he he sticks his ear on the door. "Are they gone? Seems so." He muttered to himself.

The boy turned around towards the bar, only to be greeted by new faces he has never seen before. His rosy red cheeks blushed as he realized he is no longer in his own dimension. "Oh... I umm... Uh." Quickly springing into action the boy dug through his pant's pocket to look for a certain item. He took out a pair of sunglasses and wore them, he pretended to be blind. He used his weapon as a support cane to make himself look more blind. "(I'll just pretend) I didn't see anything, i'm just a blind person whose- *Sigh* What's the point..." He quickly dropped his comical act as nobody would believe such a thing. He removed his sunglasses and placed the back in his pocket. He was only trying to make a complete fool of himself. He placed his weapon over his right shoulder carried the baby with his other arm. The child was completely covered, thus making it hard to see what the child looks like but anyone with strong senses totally tell that the child is human at some point. The lad walked past by the drinking patrons and took a seat near the counter. Whoever this kid is, he radiates quite a mysterious aura. Despite his awkward smile. Greater energy radiates from him. He only has his white button up shirt on since the coat is wrapped around the baby.

He silently sat in peace. Cradling the peaceful baby in his arms. "Ugh, what a day..." He muttered to himself once more. He has no idea how he got here nor even noticed how he found this place due to his mass panic but one thing for sure it's more finer than before. The child is asleep as he sat next to the counter. He doesn't seem to have any intention of ordering as his mind is focused on the fully wrapped up child. He left his scythe unattended. Two strong radiating energy is flowing from the lad. It's both light and dark magic flowing side by side! How is it even possible? It's not physically visible but anyone who possess magic or magical being themselves can sense this raging aura form him.

(Open for interaction)

Was it really a party, though? And were the drinks really free? Whatever the answers to those questions, at least the demon fellow was making good on his offer to share a drink with her.

"Um, yeah," Eshe answered, still quietly. "That'd be alright. If you're, uh... if you're ordering. Could I have a cup of something weak, please? I don't... do strong stuff."

( Daisie Daisie )​

It seemed as if the proceedings were off to a peculiar start. Never in his multiple centuries of life did he see such an ensemble of misfits. A vibrantly colored individual with a prominent set of horns had seated themselves and acknowledged the hybrid. For a moment his rigid gaze would be directed at the person, beak twisting into a slight grin as he chuckled lightly. There was something about those eyes he couldn't quite distinguish, but this seemed like a relatively tranquil area. The guests so far appeared to be escaping some sort of danger if anything.

"A Griffin of sorts, yes." Responded the beast in his boderline baritone speech. If one were to hear only his voice, they would be tricked into thinking some kind of scholar was addressing them. His words flowed with inherent eloquence and had an heir of sophistication. He was of course referring to his dual bodied frame; his lower quadruped half obscured from view under the counter. While this interaction was occurring, the Tauroid did some side eyeing of his own towards the sharply dressed scythe wielder. Now that boy certainly had an interesting tale to be said about him.

For the fourth time this evening, the door swung open to another world. Barely a glimpse of bright colors over the brown red of clay showed before it swung back, a person with the peculiarity of a pair of curling ram's horns having already entered. They wore a long tunic beneath a woolen cloak, fastened at their shoulder and beneath that, legionary sandals padded with wool. At their back was slung a spear beneath a circular shield with two jagged lines in blue upon it, matching several of the tattoos that could be seen on their arms and face.

They had entered, it would transpire, barely aware of the surroundings, or, maybe just apathetic. Despite this, they seemed distinctly focused: beelining to the bar, barely taking a second to right themselves on the seat before they ordered. "Matzoon, Cat-ears. Sheep's milk, if you have it." They said, taking a stack of peculiar, square, copper coins out from beneath their cloak, toying with them as they waited for the bartender.

A few seconds passed, then they stopped. Side-eyeing their neighbor, who, as it transpired, was none other than Tharreleos. "Huh. Griffin." Was all they remarked, the red under their eyes giving a hint as to just why their reaction to everything was so muted.

( Gryphtaur Gryphtaur , Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu )

Nekoshu:
Snapping his fingers as the horned individual sat down and placed their order, that very order appearing on a floating tray the next moment and landing in front of the patron, items removing themselves to place themselves upon the counter as the tray went back to floating around. “Lovely horns if I may say so, and no payment is required, we serve patrons freely.” He added with a nod, then tapped his chin, “I should probably put up a sign saying that but my language enchantments aren’t that good yet.” He shook his head as he examined the patron, he could make out that this one had perhaps some fighting experience but he would not ask of that, this being seemed busy in his own mind.

Ekoshun:
Still watching from his stance near the bar, he watched the club in silence, noticing the influx of patrons, it would seem Neko had done his research properly this time. But three caught his eye particularly, an Elf of… Some sort of musical talent, a scythe-wielder with… A magical oddity about him, and finally… A demon. The last one brought a smirk to his face, it was good to see some other form of “evil” in the bar, Eko was feeling kind of left out, but when the demon began to interact with the Elf his eyes narrowed. It was flirtatious enough to seem innocent but of course it might be, but this was Eko’s place, so he earned the right to be wary.
Overhearing part of their conversation he walked over and summoned a drink into his hand, setting it on the counter before the she-elf. “The weakest thing we have, no real alcohol, just honeyed mead. You’ll likely enjoy it though.” He spoke softly as he hopped onto the counter to sit, looking at the two. “And the drinks are in fact free.” He then glanced to the demon with a curious flint to his eye, it had been some time since a demon had been seen by him… Then again the last interaction sent him on centuries-long journey of sorts.
Daisie Daisie capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Malice took a look at the cat-like human who had just walked up. While he had to say he definitely preferred this weird cat thing over the other weird cat thing, he, too, made sure to stay wary. He chuckled after Eko spoke, shaking his head. "Non-alcoholic beverage? Pshh, where I come from, that's like trying to dangle a carrot in front of a horse. Go big or go home, baby." With a few more large gulps of his drink, it was finished off, and while he noted Eko's curious glance, he made no action upon it. "I'm gonna need another one, buddy."

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Eshe graciously and quietly accepted the honeyed mead from the... catman, she guessed, and turned away from both him and the demon fellow to enjoy it. In small sips. It tasted pretty good, really good, actually. Though she didn't like the demon fellow's backhanded comment about her choice of drink; it wasn't her fault that her liver couldn't take anything stronger than straight beer...

Ekoshun:
The shifter chuckled and shook his head at the demon, then looked at the she-elf who had turned away to sip from her drink. “Don’t mind him, demons aren’t very good at a kind facade.” He then returned his attention to the demon, who was now wanting another drink. “Sorry, I’m not my brother. Get it yourself, I’m sure one of the trays could get it for you… I make it a habit to avoid catering to lesser evils.” Giving the demon a smile that faded as soon as it had come, watching him with the feral eyes he wore, betraying very little to his company.
Daisie Daisie capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Malice stared at Ekoshun for a moment or two, seemingly not too shocked. "Ah. Then I'll be sure to make it a habit to also not talk to lesser cat-men." He said, looking Eko dead in the eye, and without missing a beat. "Don't mind if I grab a drink myself, either, sweetheart." The malicious demon switched to sitting up on the counter, himself, before sliding over onto the other side and picking out a random bottle which laid in a row on the walls. He immediately went for the lid.

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Eshe nodded vaguely at the catman's advice about demons. She took another sip from her cup and shifted again on her stool as the demon fellow leaped over the counter to get a drink for himself, seemingly forgetting about her. The catman's advice certainly seemed to be true in this instance; the demon fellow didn't seem trying to stay friendly or even basically decent to her at all anymore. And his rudeness was making her feel even more embarrassed than before.

She had had enough of him for now. Rising from her stool, cup and sheet music in hand, she transferred herself over to a nearby, free table to have a moment to herself. The evening had not gone too well at all- first the poor reception to her recital, and now a rude drinking buddy; maybe she'd feel better being by herself for a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back