• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Need for Speed/Underground Racer Roleplay? (Possibly light Dice elements?)

Would you want simple dice elements to keep races fair?

• Hell yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell no.

• I'd be okay either way.

• Total voters

Sunbather

Le photographe est mort

Tonight... we ride.

tumblr_nlz61ywGed1s89jqbo1_500.gif

There's a lot to being a good driver. Patience. Precision. Ambition. A good car, of course. But really, the one thing a good driver needs to make it around these parts? I'd say it's an addiction. You gotta be addicted to the speed, to the rush of getting chased, the feeling of winning. The neon lights, the parties, the girls, the cars... it's great, really. But THAT... That is what we really need.

Hey.

Would people be interested in a Need for Speed style roleplay? We can make up different crew, rivals, locations. We'd have a spot for cars and such.

As for races themselves, I think maybe dice rolling would be good, but I dunno. I'd probably think up a system for what level cars everyone has and some modifiers. I never done dice RPing before, so I'd keep it simple but yeah.

I imagined this to be casual or detailed.

Interest?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tiny push. I'm kind of dabbling in some coding, but it's not too much yet. I'll update this tomorrow but until then, I'd love to see who'd be interested in this.

I'm interested and i had never do any dice RP before too. Let's learn together?

Sunbather said:
Mhh, do you have suggestions for a good way to handle races fairly without dice?
I’m not too sure how dice-play works, but maybe using some sorta generator would work? Enter participants, shuffle - then we’re all good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll throw my hat in with the interested group. I am neutral on implementing dice into the game. An idea to determine winners would be a simple even/odd roll with one person choosing odd and the other even and the result determining who tears across the finish first. It could be even simpler with a roll of 1 or 2 with whomever picked the winning number winning the race.

I normally don't do Dice Roleplays, but I will make this an exception should it be used. I am very interested.

Perhaps for the sake of simplicity we just keep the dice rolls to determining race victories. Just a suggestion since you're the creator @Sunbather.

i would agree, but what about in-depth story lines? we should have something that give our characters some form of purpose or reason? also will there be police as well?

[QUOTE="Jager 9]i would agree, but what about in-depth story lines? we should have something that give our characters some form of purpose or reason? also will there be police as well?

[/QUOTE]
Maybe something like Fast & Furious?

[QUOTE="too much idea]Maybe something like Fast & Furious?

[/QUOTE]
I LOVE THAT FRANCHISE!!!

[QUOTE="Jager 9]but would every one else agree with a F&F style? hijackings and whatnot :P

[/QUOTE]
Hell yeah. That'd be awesome.

[QUOTE="Jager 9]but would every one else agree with a F&F style? hijackings and whatnot :P

[/QUOTE]
I would like that!

We can start as street racers who then got dragged into the whole crime thingy

[QUOTE="too much idea]We can start as street racers who then got dragged into the whole crime thingy

[/QUOTE]
Just like Fast & Furious!

Just so you guys know, I won't host this for a solid bit. I don't want to host too many RPs at once, or I'll burn out. I just really wanted to know if there'd be interest at all, so I can plan for the future. However, if you now wanna go ahead and make one, I would not be mad at all if you guys go ahead and start one up yourselves.

[QUOTE="Jager 9]I will set it up, give me a little while to do so and I will post the link here when I am done

[/QUOTE]
Alright :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back