• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Nazi Occupied United Kingdom

Default Skin

So first off I want to thank VargasLagola for coming up with this idea. This idea was not original but I wanted to see if anyone was up to do this with me since I love World War 2. Hopefully we can get a group going for this! I was thinking to make it more interesting we could have superpowers be a thing in this but very small powers like telekinesis and mind reading. I was also thinking it would be like Wolfenstein and the Nazi's will have robots and advanced tech like exo suits. Also eugenics would be big so the Nazi's would be experimenting on people to make a super solider or whatever their sick minds want.

We would be a part of the resistance called the Crown that has secret bases all across the United Kingdom working to get the Nazi's off of their island. They have been targeting Nazi factories and any other way they can hurt the economy for them. The Crown was founded by Winston Churchill and a group of British generals who you can have your character be descended from. The Crown has been training kids from all over United Kingdom in military combat and espionage.

Yeah thats it. Let me know if you are interested.​

Could I RP as a villain. I have an idea about the commander of an anti guerilla warfare unit based on the infamous Dirlewanger brigade. It's fine if not!

So first off I want to thank VargasLagola for coming up with this idea. This idea was not original but I wanted to see if anyone was up to do this with me since I love World War 2. Hopefully we can get a group going for this! I was thinking to make it more interesting we could have superpowers be a thing in this but very small powers like telekinesis and mind reading. I was also thinking it would be like Wolfenstein and the Nazi's will have robots and advanced tech like exo suits. Also eugenics would be big so the Nazi's would be experimenting on people to make a super solider or whatever their sick minds want.

We would be a part of the resistance called the Crown that has secret bases all across the United Kingdom working to get the Nazi's off of their island. They have been targeting Nazi factories and any other way they can hurt the economy for them. The Crown was founded by Winston Churchill and a group of British generals who you can have your character be descended from. The Crown has been training kids from all over United Kingdom in military combat and espionage.

Yeah thats it. Let me know if you are interested.​
Are OCs from other British-Founded Nations like Australia Allowed?

Looks quite interesting, may I inquire whether an OC Protagonist that is German would be possible? For obvious reasons, said German would probably start out as a supporter / sympathizer of the british's cause.

To be more clear of what roughly my idea is: Former War Veteran turns "traitor" becomes part of the partisan because he was dishonorably discharged / had actually initially hoped the Nazi-Regime would fall or smth. similar or a combination of formerly mentioned things ,that would make him become part of the partisan group.

Independent of that question, did I see correctly that appearance doesn't need to be described / no picture needs to be presented? So essentially a voluntarily thing? Or is it discouraged to describe the appearance of your character / use a picture for this Rp?

Last edited:
Finished my CC. I welcome any suggestions (if you want me to expand on it) and criticisms.
I do not know whether you are aware of it or if it is even intentional of you, but the word "Bandenbekämpfung" essentially would be translated to roughly: head of anti-partisan activity, gang intervention, organized crime squad (had to actually look these exact examples up, but essentially it (Bandenbekämpfung) means literally translated: fighting against a gang) while your bandit fighters sounds almost as if your squad is compromised of bandits, but that is a small critique of mine, if one even wants to call it that, since I only find that the formulation bandit fighters sounds a bit odd. (Especially since later on in the text you use bandit hunters, it would be best to only use one term for easier reading and to avoid confusion)

As for your "Reichsministerium für inneren Nachrichtendienst und Sicherheit", I can tell you that it sounds off in german, a translation 1 to 1 isn't really possible but I would rephrase it as such (that would only be necessary if you want it to sound "better" in german, otherwise you can ignore it): Reichsministerium für innere Sicherheit (Reich Ministry for Internal Security), Reichsministerium für den inneren Nachrichtendienst und Sicherheit (Reichs Ministry for the Internal Intelligence and Security)
sadly I do not know of any precedences (names to be more clear) for a ministry under which the Intelligence service was while said ministry having the word "Nachrichtendienst" in it, as such the two phrases are the best I could come up with. I hope that the Intelligence service you described only encompassed inner security (or that my other phrase is satisfactory to you), since otherwise I cannot provide you with a better name which doesn't get rid of the Nachrichtendienst part.

I still hope that I was at least somewhat of assistant. And I wouldn't mind helping out / assisting you, with longer german sentences, if you would need help to formulate them.

I do not know whether you are aware of it or if it is even intentional of you, but the word "Bandenbekämpfung" essentially would be translated to roughly: head of anti-partisan activity, gang intervention, organized crime squad (had to actually look these exact examples up, but essentially it (Bandenbekämpfung) means literally translated: fighting against a gang) while your bandit fighters sounds almost as if your squad is compromised of bandits, but that is a small critique of mine, if one even wants to call it that, since I only find that the formulation bandit fighters sounds a bit odd. (Especially since later on in the text you use bandit hunters, it would be best to only use one term for easier reading and to avoid confusion)

The term Bandenbekampfung is one I came across while looking into Oskar Dirlewanger. As far as I know, he was in command of a penal unit tasked with terrorizing civilians under occupation and fighting guerrillas. I then discovered this Wikipedia page Bandenbekämpfung - Wikipedia.
As for your "Reichsministerium für inneren Nachrichtendienst und Sicherheit", I can tell you that it sounds off in german, a translation 1 to 1 isn't really possible but I would rephrase it as such (that would only be necessary if you want it to sound "better" in german, otherwise you can ignore it): Reichsministerium für innere Sicherheit (Reich Ministry for Internal Security), Reichsministerium für den inneren Nachrichtendienst und Sicherheit (Reichs Ministry for the Internal Intelligence and Security)
sadly I do not know of any precedences (names to be more clear) for a ministry under which the Intelligence service was while said ministry having the word "Nachrichtendienst" in it, as such the two phrases are the best I could come up with. I hope that the Intelligence service you described only encompassed inner security (or that my other phrase is satisfactory to you), since otherwise I cannot provide you with a better name which doesn't get rid of the Nachrichtendienst part.

I still hope that I was at least somewhat of assistant. And I wouldn't mind helping out / assisting you, with longer german sentences, if you would need help to formulate them.

You can probably tell I used google translate until I found something that sounded ominous but not too threatening, I like that approach for a secret police-esque organization. I think your suggestion sounds better actually so thanks! You are correct that this organization only concerns domestic security. Their role is to spy on potential dissidents and counter-espionage against domestic resistance.

The term Bandenbekampfung is one I came across while looking into Oskar Dirlewanger. As far as I know, he was in command of a penal unit tasked with terrorizing civilians under occupation and fighting guerrillas. I then discovered this Wikipedia page Bandenbekämpfung - Wikipedia.

You can probably tell I used google translate until I found something that sounded ominous but not too threatening, I like that approach for a secret police-esque organization. I think your suggestion sounds better actually so thanks! You are correct that this organization only concerns domestic security. Their role is to spy on potential dissidents and counter-espionage against domestic resistance.
Ah I see. I even came across the same wikipedia page. Seems like I overlooked that they used the term bandit fighting. Regardless I would still advise to use a single term, or did I misunderstand and your bandit fighters as well as bandit hunters are two different things?

I am happy to help out since I speak german. So don't be shy to ask if you need any help for using german words or even using full sentences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back