• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Nations From Ashes

Also, something to chew on for the purposes of creating a fair game in which we can all partake in:

- Why not agree that while most all of society and life has gone to shit, there still would be some areas unaffected by radiation. The only two targets highly likely to be hit by nuclear weapons and have fallout effect over Oregon would be the two noted here. 

- If we are to assume that every urban center in Oregon was hit with a nuclear weapon, then why not give some sort of perk to being a society based in a rural part of Oregon (which would have a much lower starting amount).

- As @Pat mentioned, it is important to note how long it's been since the bombs fell. I think it's safe to say that we all start with low or moderate-low amounts of gasoline due to the length of time in which we've been working without high quality production.

- If anything, it would be interesting to see the major urban centers be hot zones for radioactivity and the epicenter of any mutated beings or diseases. Even then, lets say that - by chance or alternate reality - this is also where the most military and high grade equipment would be located. Or...

-After the RP starts, whoever is acting as admin could pick the locations of military installations equi-distant from everyone's starting locations (as to prevent any power-housing right off the bat)

- Perhaps adding an weather element to the RP would help diversify the RP and give a more prominent sense of PvE to the RP. 

2017-01-18.png

Also, something to chew on for the purposes of creating a fair game in which we can all partake in:

- Why not agree that while most all of society and life has gone to shit, there still would be some areas unaffected by radiation. The only two targets highly likely to be hit by nuclear weapons and have fallout effect over Oregon would be the two noted here. 

- If we are to assume that every urban center in Oregon was hit with a nuclear weapon, then why not give some sort of perk to being a society based in a rural part of Oregon (which would have a much lower starting amount).

- As @Pat mentioned, it is important to note how long it's been since the bombs fell. I think it's safe to say that we all start with low or moderate-low amounts of gasoline due to the length of time in which we've been working without high quality production.

- If anything, it would be interesting to see the major urban centers be hot zones for radioactivity and the epicenter of any mutated beings or diseases. Even then, lets say that - by chance or alternate reality - this is also where the most military and high grade equipment would be located. Or...

-After the RP starts, whoever is acting as admin could pick the locations of military installations equi-distant from everyone's starting locations (as to prevent any power-housing right off the bat)

- Perhaps adding an weather element to the RP would help diversify the RP and give a more prominent sense of PvE to the RP. 

View attachment 238653

A good idea. I think a good pop cap is 10,000. I've given Blackwater a sizeable population at around 8,000 in total, but to contrast that they have no real modern technology. A few old weapons and that's about it. 

View attachment 238653

Well not every urban center would be hit by nukes, likely the rest of the world would be hit by nukes as well, namely multiple places in Asia and many cities in Europe and SA. Much if the more urban places in NA would be hit such as Portland, San Fran and LA for the west coast however. Surrounding areas might be hit with smaller bombs that may have radiation. That would likely be other major urban areas (such as Eugene where my nation is set).

A perk to rural society would be nice though I imagine it would have to be really deep in rural Oregon such as forests and national parks etc. Coastal cities would (realistically) be flooded from bombs that would likely have been dropped on them. Buildings their would also just die to a lack of maintenance.

Again with Rural Oregon, they may exist however would have a very low starting population (maybe 500-2,500) to account for those that had died in bombings. Rural cities may also have some starting supplies such as some damaged farms and water but primitive weapons and buildings (from little manpower and small town life etc.)

Weather and PvE would be a nice addition to think about and would likely be events for towns (likely for towns based in urban centers) and would include raiders, ba fits and nomads (maybe we'll get some rock worshippers in the mix, eh?)

As for hotzones, it would be a nice addition though much if the weapons ships would be raided in a time like this and the top gear stuff would be decided by @Shireling and I.

I gotta go but I'll add stuff tomorrow when I have more ideas

Lets not forget how much time will have passed since "rebuilding" would have started. This may be worth considering in regards to refined makeshift items as well as settlement development

Lets not forget how much time will have passed since "rebuilding" would have started. This may be worth considering in regards to refined makeshift items as well as settlement development

I'm starting from a town in a fairly remote part of Oregon (from what I can tell) near the national forests. I plan to have their history consist of absorbing survivor groups, especially ranchers and cattledrivers from Idaho and Montana. 

I'm starting from a town in a fairly remote part of Oregon (from what I can tell) near the national forests. I plan to have their history consist of absorbing survivor groups, especially ranchers and cattledrivers from Idaho and Montana. 

Same pretty much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back