• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Naruto - The New Members

((Hey sorry for making you wait so long, my brain is currently unable to make a response xD, so whenever I think one up and I'll post it. So please don't quit this rp, as soon as I get even a pint of rpness in my brain I'll post here)) @AiAi

When Kato entered the cabin he was immediately greeted by a thick shard of crystal as big as a kunai flying towards him. However, with his sharingan activated, he quickly dodged the crystal, and vanished. 

A slow tap-tap of footsteps ceased to reveal a shortish man, with dark features. The man was fair skinned, had sharp elvish features, and dark grey eyes. His hair however was a rose color, and dropped to his shoulders. The man was dressed quite plainly, in standard issue shinobi pants, a grey mesh long sleeved shirt, and a thick green detective coat. 

"I knew one of you would come one of these days." The man spoke in a deep voice, belying his short stature. 

"It was only a matter of time."

Kato remained hidden, waiting for the man to make a move.

"Lets quit this game of hide and seek.. You came to me, not the other way around. So theirs no point in hiding." The man drawled. 

Kato let out a hm, and emerged from his hiding place. His henge had worn off, so his appearance had changed back to its normal Uchiha-esque features. 

The man noticed that as soon as he came out. 

"An uchiha huh?" The man frowned, squinting at him. "What do you want?"

Kato gave him a grim look, his sharingan catching some light, and glowing an ominous crimson. 

"I want your bosses location."

The man grit his teeth, before smirking and making a handseal.

"Over my dead body!" A huge spike of rose colored crystal rose from the ground and advanced towards Kato.

"Crystal Release: Dead Rose Thorns!" 

Kato leaped in the air avoiding the attack, but gasped in shock when his whole body spasmed in pain. All over his body were tiny little gashes about a cm deep. He grunted and landed a yard away from the spike, grabbing his arms.

The man laughed. "Their are things even a uchihas sharingan can't see." 

The man broke off a shard and let light reflected onto it towards the massive spike. The reflected light revealed something horrifying. Extremely thin, long pink spikes of crystal surrounding the spike.

Kato gaped in shock, but immediately regained his composure. This opponent would be more difficult then he initially thought.

@AiAi

Haruka rushed into the cabin to see if Kaito finished the job or not. What she saw next was something she was definitely not expecting. Haruka arrived just when Kaito backed away from their target. The shorter man was laughing when he caught sight of Haruka standing not too far behind of Kaito. Haruka's eyes narrowed, but she quickly called out to Kaito, "Kaito! Are you okay?" 

Haruka was trying to hurry and reach his side but her instincts kicked in and she bent backwards as a whip of the pink crystal flew over her head. She watched the shard of crystal and for a moment she was lost in the sparkles of it before she let out a yelp when crystals dug into her back from below her. Haruka tumbled away from the man and glared at him as her eyes unconsciously flickered to purple.

Fortunately for her, she landed right next to Kaito's side. Haruka did a once over on him and was glad to see that the only injuries he received were the cuts on his body. She sucked in a breath as she began to apply first aid to him, "Well that should at least stop the bleeding..." Haruka's green hands dimmed out as she pulled away. She glanced at him before looking over at the man and muttered out, "Let me have a go..." she stood up and facing the man with her purple eyes, Haruka was ready to control him when she felt herself stagger forward.

She cursed as she felt herself stagger. It looked like she used too much of her dojutsu at once. Then again she just did control a large amount of people just minutes ago and on top of that she healed Kaito and now she was trying to do this. She grit her teeth and stood back up. She was not going to let just this get her to stop. Though Haruka smirked and glancing over at Kaito she said, "I have enough to stop him once...so you better get him to spit it out." 

@CocoForRealz

Kato tilted his head towards Haruka, surprised that she got through such a huge amount of bandits so quickly. He however pushed the amazement from his mind, and nodded at her.

"I'm fine." Haruka however still healed the scratches, which kind'be warmed his heart at how she wasted a little of her chakra to heal him.

He smirked at her words, and immediately activated an incomplete  variation of his susanoo. which was basically black Susanoo ribs and two susanoo hands clutching katanas. 

"once is all I need."

((((sorry  for replying so late, but I promise you I'll be more active."

@AiAi

Haruka was a bit taken aback when Kaito summoned something she never expected to see. She has heard of the Uchihas' having powers beyond their dojutsu, but this was something else. She could guess it wasn't the complete form, but it was still an intimidating sight to behold. A pair of black ribs engulfed the two while two large hands were on either side of the two. Haruka looked around in confusion, how come it looked to be a burning black flame yet it wasn't hurting her? Pushing these questions aside, Haruka merely smiled lightly at his confident reply. At least she knew he was still himself even though they were facing against quite an opponent.

Haruka snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the man laugh from across the two. She whipped her head to face him as he laughed. He stopped and spoke up rather wickedly, "Oh? Who's that pretty little girl? Your little medic?" he obviously was looking down on her. Haruka's eyes narrowed in annoyance. Was he seriously saying that? She grit her teeth before taking in a deep breath and muttered out to Kaito as she took a step forward, "I hope we can kill him once we're done getting what we need out of him..." She stepped out of Susanoo's ribs and stood in front of the older man.

Haruka smiled at him an innocent smile while saying, "But mister, all we want to know is one thing." She took a step forward and brandishing her hsu quandao she spoke in a rather cheery voice which quickly turned dark, "Tell us, where is your boss?" she opened her eyes only to reveal her purple eyes shining in pure malice. With one swing Haruka broke the shards of crystal that was standing between her and the guy.

The guy immediately got on the defensive, but Haruka was fast. She was quick to close the distance between the two. However, she was refraining from using too much of her chakra and so she was currently only using pure taijutsu. So she semi expected what came next. Just when she reached in front of the man, he used his crystals to stop her. The man smiled as he yelled out, "Crystal Release: Death Cage!" from all over small strands of crystal came from the ground and with the much smaller spikes surrounding each shard, it cut into Haruka's skin as she was cut all over. Haruka let out a small gasp as she tried her best to not scream in pain. She was stuck in the middle of crystals as she stopped face to face with the man. She smirked as her eyes caught his, she whispered out to the guy, "Gotcha...now be good and don't move..." her purple eyes made the guy glued to the spot and that was when Haruka yelled out to Kaito, "Now! Kaito!" 

@CocoForRealz 

(Sure, no worries :)  Also, I hope you don't mind that I kind of controlled Toura Kakeboku) 

Last edited by a moderator:
  Kaito nodded at Harukas call and moved forward. Even though the susanoo was so big and bulky, it was surprisingly quick and covered ground quickly. The susanoo hands trailed behind the rest of the body, lowering its center of gravity, and allowing it to go faster then it already was. 

Cling! Klang! 

In one fell swoop, the cage of crystal was shattered into smaller shards, and Haruka was free. Kato stopped next to her and smirked, before lifting his hand lazily at the Toura. The susanoo followed suit, as it lifted its hand and pointed its katana blade straight at the man. 

"Susanoo Death Blade - Amaterasu Strike!!" The blade spew out a slash of black flames that sped towards Toura in dizzying speeds. Toura however grunted and slammed his palms to the ground, generating spikes of rose crystal around him, protectively.

Katos attack however blasted through all the spikes until all was destroyed. When it looked like the demonic flame was going to crash head on to Toura, it stopped and landed next to his feet.

Toura being genuinely surprised, gaped, and stumbled backwards. After minutes of silence, he regained his composure, and smirked.

"What a pitiful atta-" He was about to finish when his eyes met cold red ones. 

"Tsukuyomi!"

@AiAi

Haruka felt relieved when she felt the sharp spikes of crystal finally disappear and was no longer poking into her flesh. She would have sent him a thankful glance if she wasn't so preoccupied with keeping Toura there. Though she did have to jump back a few feet to avoid getting caught in Toura's little crystal barrier. Haruka watched Kaito lazily fight Toura and she could only admire his calmness through it all. 

Plus what happened next was a bit surprising for her. She definitely did not expect black flames to erupt and it seemed like it was going to keep burning there for a while. She watched as Toura was caught off guard and just when he was about to boast about Kaito's abilities not being good enough, he soon slumped to the floor on his knees.  

Haruka glanced over at Kaito and saw the familiar red eyes and knew immediately that the battle was over. There was no way anyone could survive the Tsukuyomi. Haruka let out a sigh of relief as she allowed herself to finally relax. Feeling exhausted and pain all over her body, she could only slump her smaller form against Kaito's as a form of support. She was in no condition to be standing, yet she couldn't entirely let her guard down, not yet at least.

She simply leaned against Kaito while she waited for the little talk to be over with. And yup, soon enough, she heard an ear splitting blood curdling scream erupt from Toura. Haruka wasn't phased one bit and merely asked Kaito, "So, I take it that it went well?" 

@CocoForRealz

Kato nodded as he exited out of the little realm inside his head. He was still caught up from the information he got from Toura that he didn't realize how close Haruka actually was. 

"His not too far from here." He said, rubbing his eyes. A sharp pain was throbbing from within his iris, and it left him feeling disoriented. When he opened his eyes everything was a shade darker and blurry, and he felt a liquid pouring put his eyes.

Kato dabbed the liquid with his hands and looked at it. Even with his extremely messed up vision, he could see a glintof red, and smell some strong iron.

It was blood. 

@AiAi

Haruka nodded her head as she listened to Kaito's explanation. She was more focused on the slumped figure of Toura that she at first didn't realize what Kaito was currently going through. That was until she felt him shift and looking up at his face, Haruka froze.

Eyes going wide, Haruka quickly grabbed hold of Kaito's face and turned it towards her own. She stared at his eyes and saw blood streaming out of his eyes and the iris looked a bit off. Her medic side kicked in and narrowing her eyes she asked him, "Can you see me?" without any further warning, Haruka placed her hands on either side of his eyes and began to send her healing chakra towards his iris. 

Her eyes were shut in concentration and she could tell how damaged his iris was, was it due to strain caused by the jutsu he just performed? Haruka wasn't sure, but for now she will lightly heal the iris so that it would lessen the pain and hopefully restore his sight a bit more as well. Once she was finished, Haruka let out a sigh as she leaned her forehead against his, eyes still closed she murmured out, "Be careful please..." 

@CocoForRealz

Kato felt her hands on his eyes. Her hands were cool, and soft against his eyelids, and almost instantly eased the sharp pain. He grimaced as the last of the sharpness gave way to a dull throb. Haruka dropped her hands, and Kato sighed.

"Thank you." The bloox had stopped but his eyelids and cheeks were all stained a dark red. 

Kato opened his eyes amd was greeted by black dots and blurred vision. He blinked a few more times and shook hos head. 

His vision was not semi-blurry, but not too bad. 'I don't have much more time left.' He though grimly to himself. 'A few more big uses and my vision was over.' 

Kato frowned. He didn't expect it to fade this fast. He thought it would take at least a year.

Kato turned his head to Haruka who was looking at him with a concerned expressioned on her face. 

"It's ok this is just a side effect.." He fake smiled. "Its all good now."  

What he left out was that this was only going to get worse, and that his vision was considerably damaged. 

@AiAi

Haruka looked at him with a doubtful expression. Since when did Uchiha's ever smile like that? Oh wait, her eyes held understanding, yes...Uchiha's always smiled like that especially if they were trying to get people off their backs. She let out a small sigh but resigned to letting him do what he wants. She won't be able to stop him regardless anyways.

She looked at him for a moment with a blank look on her face before she reached out and wiped the blood off his face with a small cloth. Once his face was now visible and appropriate to go out in public, she turned around and muttered out, "let's go find an inn or something...I think we both need rest..."

Just as Haruka said that and with the first step she took, she felt her world spin for a moment. Haruka felt herself stagger forward as she was literally on her last hinges at the moment. She really used up too much chakra today, not only has she been running around since the day before while pumping chakra to her legs, she had also used too much of her eye on a large amount of people and on top of all that she panicked and healed Kaito before putting any thought about her own health. Haruka could almost snort at herself for her failure as a medic if she can't even care for her own well being.

Haruka stopped moving as she fluttered her eyes shut and murmured out in a very soft voice, "I don't think I can move for a bit...rest...here..." her voice was slowly fading as she just wanted to sleep now. 

@CocoForRealz

Kato grabbed Haruka before she fell, bridal style. He realized what happened as soon as he saw her leaning backwards. After using her weird kekkai genkai to hold Toura, and healing him twice, she had probably depleted nearly all her chakra supply. But luckily, Kato had come prepared and brought several soldier pills.

He popped one in Harukas mouth and carried her all the way to their hotel. He then dropped her softly on the bed and sighed. Flopping on the bed beside her. 

@AiAi

Haruka's eyelids felt heavy as she finally acknowledged that yes, perhaps she was a bit tired. Okay, so she was really tired. She knew that using her kekkei genkai on stronger opponents always made it drain her chakra more, but she didn't think that their opponents today would be that tough. Seriously, that Toura guy put up quite a fight. It wasn't as if Haruka's chakra supply was small, no in fact for a female her size, it was actually considered quite large. But she was being reckless, it being her first mission in the Akatsuki and all. Maybe having Kaito as the leader for their two-man squad was a good idea. Plus he was like a tank being able to still stand tall like that, oh but then again she did heal most of his injuries. Haruka's mind kept whirling around such thoughts until it faded into black, the last thing she remembered was a warm sensation and something being pushed past her lips.

-The next morning- 

Haruka felt herself stir as she awakened due to the morning light filtering through the room. She opened one eye and looked to see a bland wooden ceiling, ah were they in a inn or something? She felt a presence besides her and slowly she turned her face to see that Kaito was sleeping next to her. She was a bit surprised to find him sleeping on the same bed as her, but then a small smile found its way to her face as she stared at his sleeping face. Haruka still felt quite tired and so she closed her eyes and fell back asleep once more, this time with a small smile on her face.

@CocoForRealz

Kato turned around still sleeping, pushing further into the warmness he felt beside him. He was so tired he didn't even dream, just smothered in a pitch black and warmness. 

@AiAi

Haruka had a small dream. It was one of those again. She was watching the backs of her family, her clan walk further and further away from her and soon voices of the elders began to drown out any other sound. Haruka covered her ears as she tried to ignore the sounds, yet there wasn't a single drop of tears that fell from her mismatching eyes. Instead it was void of any emotion. Haruka jolted awake as she stared at the ceiling with a glare. She hated that dream, it wasn't like it made her sad or anything, it just annoyingly reminds her of what happened in the past. She turned on her side to get more comfortable when she felt something or more like someone push against her. She blinked open her eyes a second time only to see Kaito's face very close to her own. Haruka held back from screaming as her mouth formed an 'o' in suppressed surprise. She looked closely at his face and indeed even she must admit he is good looking...but as she continued to stare into his sleeping face, Haruka herself became sleepy and snuggling her face into his chest she fell back into a world of darkness. She just hoped they won't get interrupted anytime soon...was her final thoughts as she drifted off. 

@CocoForRealz

Sometime later, the peaceful darkness changed and Kato found himself back in the very village he had cast away. The Hidden Leaf. He was back in the Uchiha district, playing with his best friend at the time, Taro Uchiha. They were, like all other Shinobi kids, playing ninja. Taro had his hands in the iconic fire ball jutsu sign, and grinned, before somersaulting backwards and blowing out an imaginary fireball.

Kato fake leaped away, laughing so hard his belly hurt. "Earth Style - Mud Wall." He had seen his older cousin, using the Earth jutsu two weeks ago, and it was love at first sight. He imagined a towering mound of earth bigger then two of his father combined completely smothering the fire jutsu. Taro released the hand sign and looked at him confused.

Kato groaned, "What is it this time?" Taro took a deep breath.

"Don't you smell that?"

Kato groaned yet again. If this was another of Taros pranks, he would beat him to a bloody pulp he decided. He walked reluctantly towards him, and sniffed at the air.

He immediately recoiled. A heavy wave of iron smashed into his nostrils and almost made him gag. Taro opened his toothless mouth wide to say something, but immediately stopped. A dark shadow seemed to almost teleport in front of him. In a second, Taro was crumpled on the floor dead, blood flowing from his small body.

Kato could only watch as his best friend since forever died in front of him. His eyes stung as bloody tears quietly flooded from them. Suddenly, his vision was clearer then ever, and he could make out that the figure wasn't teleporting, but actually moving at high speeds.

As the figure left, it turned around and he caught a glimpse of its face. Pale, almost milky white skin, and tear marks going from the end of each eye to the cheek. Itachi. Kato's eyes widened in shock, and to anyone watching his pupils widened and his mismatched tomoe sharingan morphed into an odd shape.

Itachi had went from leaping in high speeds, to being flung from the sky and crashing into the ground. Itachi being the prodigious ninja he was, landed crouched. He had seen Katos eyes, and knew what had happened, so he used a quick crow gen jutsu, and appeared behind him.

Itachi chopped him on the side of the neck and laid his slight body on the ground, tears streaming down his face as he did so.

The dream ended, and so did Katos sleep. This dream had been haunting him since the event happened thirteen years ago. But this time their was something new. The dream had always faded afte Itachi hit him. He had never seen Itachi crying.

Something hit in his heart, and he almost entertained the idea, maybe Itachi was forced to do it, or...

Then he realized that it didn't matter. Itachi had killed their family, and his best friend in front of him. He was going to get revenge no matter what.

Kato flexed and went to the bathroom to freshen up, before going outside to do some light training

AiAi AiAi

The light began to filter through the darkened room. Haruka scrunched her nose up slightly before turning around to snuggle into that warmth. She stopped as she felt nothing but emptiness and coldness. She slowly cracked open a single blue orb to see that indeed the bed was empty. Strange, she was positive that Kaito was right next to her when she was awake earlier.

Shaking her head, Haruka sat up in bed as she scrunched up her hair slightly. She let out a loud sigh, that dream was...annoying to say the least. She shook her head and let out a small groan as her body ached in pain. That reminded her of all that just occurred few hours prior to her and Kaito knocking out.

She slowly got off the bed and headed towards the shower. Haruka paused however mid-step into reaching for the bathroom doorknob. She turned around and instead began heading towards the door. After reaching downstairs, Haruka politely asked the older lady inkeeper, "Excuse me, do you happen to know nearby hot springs?" Haruka smiled cheerfully at the old lady as she answered Haruka's question. Nodding her head, Haruka thanked the old lady before hurrying out of the hotel.

She decided that going to a hot springs and relaxing her muscles would be a better way to relieve the ache in her body, plus a nice hot outdoor bath sounded great! Haruka paused in her steps as she wondered briefly if Kaito would like to come along, but that thought left her mind just as quickly as it came. She was sure Kaito would be doing whatever he wanted to do himself. Though that didn't stop Haruka from leaving a small memo in their room that she went out in search of a hot spring.

As she found the place that the old lady directed her to, Haruka's eyes lit up as she quickly entered and was quick to pay. Once inside the changing room, Haruka quickly slipped out of her tattered outfit, deciding that she will need to change her clothes later and went to go wash herself. She ignored the many stares she received due to the various scratches and bruises she received from the last fight.

She completely forgot about healing herself as she was too focused on Kaito, and by the time the two were finished with the battle, she was completely worn out and have passed out. Shaking her head, Haruka entered the warm waters and just let out a sigh as she closed her eyes, allowing her screaming muscles to take a quick break. She decided to grab a quick bento to-go for her and Kaito on the way back to the hotel. She was sure Kaito would be hungry. Haruka smiled to herself, feeling a bit giddy for reasons unknown to the S-class Missing-Nin. She then remembered that they still have not completed their first mission yet...they have yet to find the Crystal Kage...yet was the keyword. Haruka held back from groaning as she just focused on relaxing.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

Kato went through a couple of katas of his kenjutsu training. He had neglected it for a while, so his movements and his strikes were not as fast and precise as they once were. After several repitions he stopped, and went into his physical training.

500 push-ups, 300 hand stand push-ups, 500 crunches, 500 sit-ups etc..

He only did these once or twice a week, so that it would allow his muscles a break before his next training.

Once he was completely entrenched with cold sweat, he took off his shirt, and got into the last step of his training. Chakra and Endurance.

He had a massive and potent amount of chakra and good control, but endurance was his weakness. This was the difference between and all out battle between him and Haruka for example. If he didn't end the fight quickly, Haruka would definitely win. He could expel large amounts of chakra, but his Uchiha genes weren't made for a long fight. That's why every single day, he trained himself.

He would use one of his most powerful jutsu over and over again, until he got tired.

Kato got into a wide stance and outstretched his arms. Two black orbs envelopes his shoulders and, a black bone cloaked his arms, ending with black fists at his fists. This jutsu was basically him summoning the Susanoo except only his arms.

After a good hour of just relaxing, Haruka decided it was enough and got out of the hot springs. As she emerged from the water, her long light red hair stuck to her body as she wrapped the towel around her torso. She then went inside to change into her clothes, but then she remembered how tattered they were. She let out a sigh and got a yukata from the place.

Once changed into the yukata, Haruka decided to wrap her still wet hair up into a tight bun. Afterwards, she headed off to the shopping district to get some new clothes for herself and also some lunch for her and Kaito. Once she finished finding a decent enough outfit until she could get her scroll in the hotel room which contained an extra change of clothes, Haruka went to go change into it quickly before heading off in search of lunch.

Haruka was wearing a short white medic skirt, the only size they had, and a tight black v-neck shirt. She let her hair flow down to dry it, though it was now slightly wavy. She then found a store that had some bentos, after purchasing two, Haruka went off in search for Kaito. She was a little out of the town when she closed her eyes and heightened her senses to sense Kaito's chakra. She felt just the smallest bit and went towards that direction.

Upon arriving at said location, Haruka saw that Kaito was indeed there and seemed to be training. She held back from rolling her eyes, thinking how it is such a typical Uchiha thing to do. Instead, Haruka smiled widely towards him and called out to him, making clear of her chakra so he won't be alarmed, "Kaito~! I brought some lunch, how about a break hm?" She held up the bag that held the lunch and a couple drinks.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

Kato heard her voice and scoffed, closing his eyes and choosing to ignore her. These past several days, she had been starting to get close to him, and he didn't want her getting any closer. As far as he was concerned, this was just a temporary set up. Something greater was his driving force.

Taking Itachi's eyes and killing him was priority number one. Then came finding his cousin and taking care of him, which led to his final objective, resurrecting the Uchiha clan. After quite some time reading ancient Uchiha scrolls, and other fables, Kato soon realized their was another dojutsu.

One far stronger then the sharingan. A dojutsu that would give him the power of gods. The power of life and death. With that power he would bring his family and Taro back to life.

A rumbling coming from his stomach quickly disrupted him from his musings, and Kato groaned. He was a bit hungry. He clicked his tongue and pulled on his shirt, deciding he would eat just a little and hurry out of their.

AiAi AiAi

(Ps, Kato is 19, Itachi is 21, and Sasuke is 13 right now. Itachi killed off the clan when he was 15, and Kato was 12 turning 13, Sasuke was 6ish at that point.)

Haruka tilted her head as she got no reply from the Uchiha. She wondered if she did something wrong. She sighed as she sat down on a broken down log, deciding to wait for him.

She heard a distinctive tch sound and sae him coming over. Smiling happily, Haruka handed over his bento along with a green tea. She grinned while saying, "Thought you'd be thirsty too."

The past few days, Haruka felt a bit closer to the Uchiha, which made her feel happy but also a bit confused. She never really relied on others not was she the type to get attached. But with Kaito it was different.

Haruka was curious of what this all was, but she wondered, could missing ninjas ever yearn for something besides living? Ah well there was revenge and whatnot too.

She munched on her meal while commenting, "I hope you weren't using your eyes during your training. You should let it rest for a few more days, I'll take a look at it later again." Her medic side kicking in, her eyes showing concern.

She also asked, "Ah right, so what's the next step? You found out where the Crystal Kage is, right?"

mkuchiha mkuchiha

(Sorry if it's short, doing on phone. And okay, thanks for the heads up)

Kato took the tea begrudgingly, and nodded at her in thanks. He sat criss cross a few feet away from her, and dug in to the bento box. When he finished, he closed the box and pushed it away closing his eyes. The sound of her voice made him open it about two minutes later.

"My eyes are none of your concern." He snapped. Two seconds later something twitched inside his chest, and he regretted how he responded to her. He started to form the beginnings of an apology before stopping and looking down at his feet.

"My eyes are fine, bleeding is just one of the side effects. It's nothing to worry about." He lied, his voice soft. To be honest, his eyes were almost irreparable now. He could barely see a thing, and every time he blinked he would see black spots. But his pride refused him from telling her this.

AiAi AiAi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back