• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Naruto - The New Members

Kaito woke up half an hour later, with a throbbing headache and a extremely red face. Unfortunately, the memory of the previous events were still fresh in his mind. He sat up and rubbed his temples, attempting to soothe the growing headache. Haruka sat beside him, looking at him with a concerned expression, and Kaito thanked kami that she was so naive.

"I'm fine." He said to her off handedly, as he shakingly got to his feet and headed to the fridge for a glass of water. After pouring himself some of the liquid he downed it, and headed back to where Haruka was sitting.

"We need to move." He started. "It turns out that the Crystal Kage isn't actually in this village, instead his in the neighborhing one. The guy we killed? yeah, he was sort of like a general here, overseeing this village and reporting back to our target. It seems the Crystal Kate's reach was more larger then we had originally thought."

"I contacted the Akatsuki earlier, they want us to kill CK and leave no evidence that he existed." Kaito finished. With the ram hand seal he dispelled the henge that he had put on, and adjusted his open free flowing Akatsuki cloak to where it was closed and his most of his face. With the cloak covering most of his face, and his dark hair covering a bit of his eyes, Kaito looked ominous. Almost like a grim reaper of sorts. Except instead of wielding a scythe, he used twin katanas.

Outside the sun was getting ready to set, and street lights were starting to turn on.

"I think we should get a head start and go right away." He suggested. "Even though the village is not extremely far, it is still a good distance away. If we leave now we could get their tomorrow in the aftern-"

Kaito was interrupted when a huge demon windmill shuriken lodged itself in the spot where he had been standing. The moment the shuriken was spinning towards him, Kaito had made his move, leaping backwards and brandishing his two katanas. Had he been a split second slower in sensing the chakra signature he would've been dead.

A small girl with blonde hair, pulled into two pig tails, put a leg through the window and swung herself inside the hotel room.

"You dodged it?" The girl questioned rhetorically, her voice laced with hidden malice that she cloaked with a childish sing-song. The girl wore a simple brown cloak with three red kanji in the hem on the sleeves.

"No ones ever dodged my attacks before." She said softly, her lips tightly pressed.

Kaito studied her, his onyx eyes searching her childish face.

"How rude!" The girl huffed, after a moment of silence. "You guys are not gunna say anything?!"

AiAi AiAi

Last edited:
Haruka jumped up when she saw that Kaito was awake. "Kaito! Are you okay?" she asked with concern lacing her features. She was worried since he lost so much blood, but hearing his response, Haruka relaxed onto the bed. She was tying her hair up into a ponytail as she listened to Kaito's plans.

Tilting her head to the side, she asked, "Oh? You already spoke to Leader? Thanks for doing that." She rubbed the back of her head sheepishly, she really should get her act straight, but really this was how she was. Silly and happy go lucky on the outside, but inside she's an S-class missing Ninja.

As they were talking, a large shuriken entered the room through the window, straight towards Kaito. Haruka became alert as she jumped off the bed to stand next to Kaito. What she didn't expect was a young girl to enter the room. Haruka was staring rather surprised at the girl and undid her henge as she didn't have the time earlier to do so. Now with her Akatsuki cloak placed on her with only the collar area zipped up and her red hair sticking out, well the cloak really did nothing to her not so scary image. Rather it made her look more like an imposter of the Akatsuki than the real deal.

Hearing the girl's rather upset comment. Haruka stooped to the girl's eye level and asked her, "Hm? I'm sorry if we were rude, but who exactly are you hm?" She smiled kindly at the girl, but her mismatching orbs were flickering to purple. Haruka sent a glance to Kaito, silently asking him what they should do with the girl. Obviously this girl was not just some child.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

Kaito with the sides of his eyes could see Haruka looking at him curiously, but Kaitos gaze never left the little girls. Their was something off about the blondes chakra. Something dark. It reminded him sort of water chakra, except hers was much... Kaito racked his mind for the word... thicker.

"Hey, pretty boy, take a picture it'll last longer!!" The blonde barked, her black eyes glinting with irritation. Though they shared the same eye color, the tall black haired Akatsuki's members made the hair in the back of her neck stand on end. It was almost as if the ravenette was looking right through her. The petite blonde snapped her head towards the other considerably less threatening looking kuonichi, who to the blondes relief was at least attempting to make conversation.
"At least one of you guys have the ability to speak.." She muttered, glaring at the Uchiha. "Anywho, my name is Uroki Chinoike, and I've been hired to murder you guys. No hard feelings." She said, her voice still upbeat and cheerful.

"By who? And why would they send a little girl such as yourself" Kai questioned coldly, finally speaking to the blonde. Kaito knew that the Shinobi world was indifferent to age. Their were many young children that had the power to kill many high class Shinobi without a sweat. But even though their were Shinobi like those, they were very rare to come by, and most died before they accessed their full potential.

"Ah, it seems that pretty boy is not mute." The girl teased, surprised that the Uchiha had decided to speak. "Plus I'm not young. I'm probably older then your parents. And as to who contracted me to kill you guys.."

The blonde smirked and slumped her body forward in a strange taijutsu pose. "Well that's none of your business." Uroki's eyes bulged out of their sockets. "Ketsuryugan!!"

The girls black orbs shifted completely. The whites of her eyes were a glowing red and her black pupils had a red minus sign in the middle.

Kaito raised an eyebrow at what seemed to be the girls dojutsu before activating her own.

"Don't underestimate her. I don't what her kekai genkai does, but it looks powerful."

Haruka kept her smile on despite not really liking this girl already. There were few times when a person annoyed Haruka, and she would count this girl as one of those rare moments. She did not like it one bit how the girl kept calling Kaito, her Kaito a pretty boy. Why yes he was, but she would rather have people keep such comments to themselves. Despite being annoyed, Haruka kept her smile on as she pretended to not really notice that the girl was insulting them both by now.

When she heard that the girl was here to murder them, Haruka's eyes opened in question. She glanced over at Kaito, but then placed her attention back onto the girl with the clan name of Chinoike. "Chinoike...hmm...where have I heard that before..." Haruka murmured aloud in contemplation. She was sure she has heard of such a clans name and when the girl activated her dojutsu, Haruka merely grinned.

She heard Kaito's warning and merely nodded her head. "Mmhmm, I could tell, she is the remaining Chinoike of this world as it is, am I right little girl?" Haruka teasingly spoke to the girl as she also activated her kekkei genkai. She might actually have to be serious against this one she thought silently. Though Haruka added one more comment as she appeared behind the girl, "Let me guess...the one who hired you to kill us...is he a Kage?" Her purple eyes glinted dangerously as she placed a kunai against the girl's throat. Haruka glanced over at Kaito, queuing him to make his move.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

Uroki gasped as she felt something cold against her neck. Gulping, she slowly lifted her gaze to meet the eyes of the kunoichwa she had underestimated earlier. She was fast. Uroki twisted away from her hold, and backed away.
"You're right." She said softly at Haruka's comment. "I am the last of my kind." Her ketsurygan orbs softened a bit, as she explained. "My clan the Chinioke, came from the land of lightning and were often times hired as mercenaries due to our versatile doujutsu. One day a woman from my clan caught the eye of the Daimyo and they got married. Long story short, the Daimyo died, and his first wife who was jealous from the start, blamed the death on her. Our whole clan was soon banished from our home." Uroki's eyes furrowed as she continued her story.

"Since our clan was so powerful, the Daimyo's wife hired another powerful clan from Konoha, the Uchiha's." The blonde spat, her voice full of venom. "They made short work of us, and forced us off to the Land of Hot Water, namely a place called the Valley of Hell."

"True to it's name the Valley of Hell was like, well, Hell. But my clan persevered, we made the most of what little we had. Until one day after a disagreement on wether we should take revenge against the cursed Uchiha's, one of our kin turned against us and wiped everyone out except for his daughter and myself. I lived out of luck, as because I was out doing a mission while this happened. When I returned everyone was dead." Tears flowed from Uroki's eyes as she finished up her story.

"To make ends meet, I became a mercenary and worked for ever who payed me the most." With that sentiment, the blonde sliced a kunai through her wrist. "I will kill you guys here and when I get enough money, I'll hire the Akatsuki to destroy Konoha."

Kaito almost grinned at how ironic it was. She was talking about hiring the very people she was to kill. Even more ironic was she didn't even know he was an Uchiha. Well, Kaito thought glumly, she would know now. Kaitos onyx eyes swirled into the tell tale menacing eyes of the sharingan.

Uroki immediately recognized. "Red eyes accompanied by black markings... your an
Uchiha." The youthful looking bonde smirked. "Then killing you will be even more pleasant."

Blood erupted from the wound the Uroki had given herself and formed in the shape of a whip.

"Chinioke clan jutsu: Bloody whip." The blonde dashed towards Haruka, her whip tailing her.

AiAi AiAi

Haruka spun her kunai idly on her finger as she half-heartedly listened to Uroki's little sad story about her clan. She didn't really show anything on her face, but inside Haruka merely scoffed at the girl. So what if her clan got defeated? So what of it that someone in her clan killed the rest? It's not like she hasn't heard this story before...she glanced over at Kaito briefly as she thought of that. Then there was her own clan, they just threw her away like a little sacrifice, what about that? All in all, Haruka hated it when people pitied their own lives. It was their decision in the end whether or not to let it affect them or to do something about it.

Haruka commented lightly, "Oh? Well that obviously tells you that the Uchiha's are once again the strongest dojutsu clan's there are? Hm? What, am I wrong?" She grinned lightly at the girl before letting her purple hue glance over at Kaito. She wondered how Kaito was thinking of all this since he was an Uchiha.

Haruka blinked several times. "Wait, you're going to hire the Akatsuki...but you're...?" Haruka was confused, weren't they part of the Akatsuki, oh wait, they were still new...so guess news of them haven't went that far yet...but wait they're wearing their Akatsuki cloaks right now! In front of her at that! Haruka shook her head, this girl definitely made no sense and this was Haruka saying that.

As she watched rather amused the little interaction between Kaito and Uroki, Haruka did not really expect the girl to turn and attack her first. Haruka jumped back, avoiding the whip in time. Raising her hand in the air, Haruka said, "Whoa there, careful that's dangerous you know." Her voice was light and hardly in a panic. Her mismatching orbs were even back.

Uroki glared rather annoyed at Haruka and merely continued with her attacks. Forming another whip in her other hand, Uroki managed to land one to wrap around Haruka's ankle. Haruka let out a light "oof!" as she nearly lost her balance. Uroki gritted her teeth in annoyance and then used her other whip to grab hold of Haruka's wrist.

Haruka stared at the whip wrapped around her wrist. Looking up at Uroki, Haruka grinned at her as her eyes flickered purple. "Oh this is perfect." Haruka murmured out as she pulled on the whip so that Uroki was sent flying straight towards her. Tugging rather roughly on the whip, she kneed Uroki in the stomach before sending her off flying into the wall with a kick.

Haruka tsk'ed lightly at her as she said, "Now stop with your little nonsense and go home little girl." If she played any longer with the smaller girl, Haruka was sure her much darker personality will seep out.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

Kaito merely observed from aside. He didn't think that Uroki was strong enough to garner attention from both Haruka and himself, so he decided to sit the fight out. From the get go, Kaito could tell that in the form of taijutsu the girl had no chance against Haruka. Her body was too small and weak to actually make damage, and her stance was sporadic and had too many openings. If the battle was purely taijutsu, Uroki would easily get destroyed. But the way Uroki moved it was as if she wasn't trying to kill Haruka. At least right now. She seemed to be stalling.
Kaito glanced at Haruka to see if she noticed. It didn't seem she did. Kaito ignored the nagging feeling, telling him that something was wrong. Haruka was a Shinobi powerful enough to get accepted into the akatsuki, she could hold her own. He stared steely eyed at the fight, noting how the girl seemed to be deliberately losing the fight.

Uroki glared at the girl, gritting her teeth. The girl was too dangerous to engage in close quarters combat, but her attack needed her to be close to be effective. However her little body couldn't handle Haruka's powerful punches. She smirked when she came up with a solution to the problem. Clones. Or, in her case...

"Chinioke Clan Jutsu: Blood Clones!!" Biting her thumb, Uroki drew more blood and swiped it across the air. Instantly, the blood glowed red and seperated into two exact replicas of Uroki. The only thing separating them from the original was that their skin was slightly more red. The clones dashed towards Haruka attacking her from different sides.

The original Uroki watched the fight from the sidelines while preparing her jutsu.

"Water Release - Water Javelin." A spear of compact water formed in Uroki's hand. When the jutsu finished, Uroki chucked it at Haruka. Now that the spear was flying towards Haruka, she cast a slight unnoticeable genjutsu around the area.

Kaito noticed it however, as because his sharingan was still activated. The genjutsu however still effected him though, and he had to actually release chakra to break it. Normally, any genjutsu cast was automatically broken with his sharingan was activated. Kaito guessed it was apart of the 'Ketsuyrugans abilities'.

AiAi AiAi

As Haruka kicked Uroki away and was chastising the girl, she didn't really expect Uroki to create more clones of herself. Haruka narrowed her eyes slightly. She let out a light sigh before dodging the attacks from the clones. She didn't seem to really notice the genjutsu being cast, then again, Haruka was never one to be fond of genjutsu.

Though one thing Haruka did notice was that the girl wasn't fighting her all. Haruka knew that the girl had something up her sleeve, she also knew that the Chinoike clan were to be aware of especially in close combat due to their abilities. Though Haruka never had witnessed it herself, she only heard of it when she was young.

As she was dodging the attacks of the clones, she didn't notice the spear heading her way due to the genjutsu being cast. So she definitely was not expecting the spear to come out from nowhere and literally pierce her side. Haruka let out a light hiss as the javelin penetrated into her skin. She pulled it out and let the blood seep out of her body. Her head hung low for a moment as the two clones besides her disappeared with a poof. The moment Haruka lifted her head, her purple eyes were cold and full of anger.

"You want my blood...is that right?" Haruka's eyes glowed purple as she smiled rather evilly and said in a rather cold tone, "Oh if it's blood you want to see...then I'll show you my dear..." Haruka's hand was glowing green as it began to patch up the broken skin so as to stop the bleeding. She dashed up to close combat with Uroki once more. She grabbed her by the neck and pinned her against the wall. Haruka's purple eyes were met with Uroki's blood red orbs. Haruka smiled wickedly as she murmured out, "Now tell me, shall we start with you cutting yourself to death or do you want to tell us who sent you here, hm?" Her grip tightened by the slightest as she held Uroki up.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

When the Water Javelin hit its target, Uroki inwardly fist pumped. Her plan had worked. She had been a little skeptical on how the girl would react, but the kunichiwa had seemingly fell for it hook line and sinker. Uroki was a little surprised though when the girl healed the wound, but she quickly reassured herself that it didn't matter. Her chakra had been infused in the Water Javelin and when it had hit, it entered her blood system. Closing the wound would do nothing to effect her jutsu.
Haruka seemed to take offense to almost being cleaved in half and finally decided to stop playing around. Her normal mismatched irises changed into a cold purple hue, and her attitude immediately changed. Killing intent now flooded the air and made it hard to breathe. Even Kaito shivered a little at the Killing intent that was flowing off his usually happy-go-lucky teammate.
Uroki's heart hammered against her chest a little, the girls demeanor made her consider turning back and running. The girl was a different animal. She was not like those B class Shinobi Uroki was used to fighting. This was someone whose bounty was over 60,000,000 Ryu. An S ranked Shinobi.
Still, it didn't matter. Just a minute later and she would initiate her jutsu.
Haruka went after a blood clone that she created just before activating her genjutsu. The genjutsu she had cast made it seem like the blood clone was actually her, and was just standing their watching the fight. While the real her did the handseals for her ultimate jutsu.
Once she was done with the seals of her jutsu Uroki smirked and broke the genjutsu she had cast. Revealing that the Uroki that Haruka had been pummeling was actually a blood clone.

"Silly girl," Uroki smirked. "This fight is over. Chinioke Secret Clan Jutsu: Bloody Takeover."

Last edited:
Haruka blinked several times as the genjustu wore off. She made a small tsk sound. She always was bad against genjutsus. Oh well. Haruka let out a small sigh as her head hung once more. This time it seemed as if the blood jutsu really did work. However, Haruka slowly lifted her head up and gave Uroki a piercing stare with her purple hues.

"Silly girl?" Haruka smiled a sickeningly sweet smile as her eyes flickered for a second in slight pain. She shook her head as she cut herself with a kunai on her wrist. A black blood began to seep out of it, Haruka bit her lips in pain as she concentrated on channeling Uroki's chakra out of her blood stream. Once that was done, Haruka glared over at Uroki, her eyes a shade of angry lilac.

"So you want to end this fight is that right? Then let me end it for you..." Haruka began to do some rapid handseals as her eyes began to glow. Smiling, Haruka's purple gaze caught Uroki's as she murmured out, "Shall we dance?" She rooted Uroki to her spot as Haruka began to approach her, a set of kunais in either hand. She began to throw the kunais one by one, "Whats the matter? If you don't dodge...you'll become a bloody mess..." Haruka's smile was wicked and happy at the same time.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

Uroki watched in shock, as her chakra... as her ultimate jutsu was quickly broken. How?!! How?!! Her heart hammered against her chest as she realized what was going to happen now. It was over. She had enough chakra to detonate her jutsu, but it had already been deactivated. It was all over now. The girl would murder her now. She would never complete her goal. Tears streamed down her face as she waited for her impending demise. Why?! The tears flowed rapidly as raw emotion flooded her system. Why her? Why was she weak?! What did she do to deserve this?
Yeah, she had killed... but that was only to survive. The Shinobi world did not care how old you were. The day you are born is the day your fight starts. Your fight to stay alive until death takes you. This was not fair!!
Kaito watched the Uroki carefully, feeling overwhelming pity towards the young girl. Though she had stated that she was older then then she looked, Kaito saw through that lie. The girl was no older then 12, he thought. The front she put on earlier was nothing but a front, Uroki was just a scared little girl. Just like him as a kid. A scared little boy who had witnessed the death of his whole family.
Damn it. He hated himself for his momentary act of kindness, but he couldn't forgive himself if he watched her die just like that. He shunshined between the two kunichiwa, and outstretched his arms. His eyes staring straight into Haruka's. His gaze quickly fell when he peered into her purple orbs. It took all he had to not fall to the ground at the sudden crushing weight he was experiencing. 'So this is Haruka's kekkai genkai.'
Kaito felt bad for Uroki who was feeling the brunt of her power.

AiAi AiAi

Haruka felt a tad bad for the girl as tears began to stream down her face. She wanted to stop, but at the same time Haruka was quite angry and when she was mad, well usually the blood of her enemies would calm her down. Really now, this was when her true S class side would show.

But she immediately stopped her attacks when a blur of black came to stand between her and Uroki. Haruka stopped her movements, but her eyes were still purple as she stared into Kaito's Sharingan. Haruka let out a small sigh as her jutsu wore off and her eyes were back to being her mismatching pair of blue and gold. Uroki dropped the instant Haruka stopped using her kekkei genkai.

Haruka tilted her head at Kaito and said, "I wasn't going to kill her, I know, we need information from her." Haruka couldn't stop the pout forming on her face. She peered over Kaito's shoulder as she pointed a finger at Uroki and with a wink she said, "Did I scare ya?" Her usual cheerful persona was back just like that.

But then it turned into a serious one for a brief moment as she said, "Oh just a side note, but really. You shouldn't go telling your life story as if its a sobbing pity story. Don't ever pity yourself...thats when its truly game over." She then went back to her usual cheerful self as she leaned against Kaito and with a grin she said, "I believe this is your turn Mr Interrogator." She can heal the girl later, if Kaito gives the okay though.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

Last edited:
Kaito smiled in relief when Haruka dropped her dojutsu and reverted back to normal Haruka. Happy-go-lucky Haruka. The Haruka that he had fallen in love with.

Uroki blushed at Haruka's teasing, a part of her still afraid that the girl would snap back into her evil self and kill her, and another part happy that she had been spared. Even if she would have to give up her bosses secret, and end up not getting paid, it was still better then ending up like the rest of her clan. Dead.
At Haruka's comment about not feeling bad for herself, Uroki nodded shakily. "My life's been hard, but I've survived til now with no one to help me." She said. "I'm not trying to look for pity, really. I hate when people feel sorry for me." She looked down. "I guess I just want people to acknowledge me. I want people to know who Uroki Chinioke is if anything happens to me." The blonde played with her index fingers as she began to feel even more embarrassed. "Maybe I am looking for pity."
Kaito patted her on the head, a bit weirdly at first, not used to comforting young children. "Don't feel bad. This world is cruel. Especially to children like you. You did bad things, but everyone does bad things. It's when you lose yourself.. that's when it's Game Over." He realized how hypocritical he was being when he said that, but he kept on going.
"As long as you're alive and breathing, you have a chance to change things."

Uroki nodded, tears streaming down her face. Her young brain unable to comprehend why they were being so nice to her after she tried to kill them.

"I'm sure you'll tell us the truth, so I won't use my sharingan. Give yourself a moment to put yourself together." Kaito nodded and backed away from the girl, heading into the balcony.

Uroki stared at Haruka, her eyes red and puffy. "What's your story?" Even though she was so young she could recognize the deep sadness in the older girls eyes. She noticed it because she saw the same thing when she looked at herself in the mirror.

AiAi AiAi

Haruka chuckled as she saw Kaito try and comfort the younger girl. She patted Kaito on the head in return, giving a playful grin at him before swiping her hand away before he can smack it off his head. She smiled down at Uroki, kneeling in front of the girl and gently wiping the tears away.

"The big scary Uchiha is right Uroki-chan. Don't let things get to you, that truly is game over..." She paused as she heard Kaito's decision. She nodded her head and watched as Kaito walked off. Haruka couldn't stop the warm smile from forming on her lips. Kaito was really kind, despite not really showing it.

She heard Uroki's whispered question. Haruka turned her mismatching orbs to look straight into Uroki's now tearful pair of eyes. Haruka smiled lightly as if not understanding her question at first, but then a look of seriousness played on her face. She gave a glance towards Kaito and then back at Uroki.

Kneeling in front of the girl, Haruka wiped the rest of the tears off as she began to speak softly, "Hmmm? My story you say? Hmm let me tell you a better story." Haruka smiled at the girl as she continued, "So you see, there was this great big clan in one of the great villages right? And this clan rivaled the Uchiha's even! So I mean, that's pretty great if I say so myself..." Haruka chuckled slightly, hoping Kaito didn't overhear her little comment about the Uchiha's.

Continuing, Haruka said, "But you see, there was this one specific trait that happens in this clan and you know what that is? Not every clan member gets the kekkei genkai...their kekkei genkai were feared by all, but not even their own clansmen were allowed the honor of receiving it. Yet...any enemy...any person who sees their different colored orbs...everyone becomes afraid and just does the one thing that comes to mind...kill." Haruka stopped her eyes slightly dulling at the moment but still she continued, "So this once great clan, soon became afraid to even step out of their place. Yet they were so feared, that the elders of the village deemed them as a threat to the village. I mean...I guess we can't blame the elders right? If the enemy ninjas attacked the village, just because they had our clansmen? Well it really wasn't fair I guess....but you know the most fun part?"

Haruka tucked a stray strand of hair behind Uroki's ear as she smiled at the younger girl, "The elders made a deal with the clan...if they leave the one with the kekkei genkai behind...then the rest will be spared. They were quite the foolish and cowardly clan I must say...because they immediately jumped onto that offer...and left a mere child of the age of hm I think five? All alone...where she dealt daily with the scrutinizing and frightened gazes..." Haruka seemed lost in thought for a moment before she grinned and added, "Oh and they ended up dying anyways. You should never trust the elders of any village really. I mean, they sent assassins to just kill off the rest of the clan regardless of what deal they made...."

Haruka stopped smiling as she remembered the various hardships she went through, but in the end it all made her become who she was today. Smiling, she stood up, ruffled Uroki's hair gently before sending her a wink and said, "I think we should start, Kaito? You coming?" She called out to Kaito.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

Kaito watched peacefully as a flock of birds flew by him in a v-shaped formation. The birds were like a family almost, with the father and the mother at the very top, forming the tip of the V, and the siblings at the sides. Looking at the birds made Kaito wonder if the birds ever had someone die in their family. He knew they were just animals, and weren't exactly the smartest of their kind, but it just made Kaito wonder. What if? Did the birds feel loss? Did they cry? Or did they just act as if nothing happened and continued like life was normal. He watched the birds wander off in the distance until they were just a speck in the sky. He was snapped out of his musings when he heard his name being called from inside.

_____

Uroki listened to Harukas story closely, a little surprised that Haruka, the girl who seemed to not have a care in the world, had had such a traumatic childhood. Their stories were similar, but their paths were different. While Haruka used the hardships she had faced to motivate her to become stronger and independent, Uroki became a twisted version of herself. Believing money was the answer to all of lifes problems and doing anything to get it.
Now that Uroki saw Haruka for who she really was, she swore to herself she would never change, and she would become as strong, both mentally and physically, as the older girl. A moment later, Kaito entered the room quietly. Uroki could also see the sadness in the Uchiha's eyes, but his seemed deeper. Primal, almost. Uroki shivered at the thought of what Kaito had lost to have a sadness such as that.
________
After the interrogation, Kaito found out that the Crystal Kage was a she and her name was Meimuni Yuki. She didn't actually use Crystal Release, but instead Ice. She was located in the Village of Rice, as her righthand man had confirmed, and she had a bunch of Shinobi like Uroki under her control. She pretended as if she was a mother figure to powerful orphans, and manipulated them to fighting for her. Anyone that failed her were often times brutally murdered by her elite squad, the Tenshi-Tashi Yuki (The Snow Angels). Also, she knew that Kaito and Haruka were after her, and was probably hiring more nin for protection. Even though she was powerful, Uroki had said, she was cautious.
Which made it that much harder to get rid of her.

"She'll be expecting Uroki to delay us." Kaito explained. "So we should get goin
g now so we can get a head start. Once we're in the village of rice will start planning. Uroki you'll come with us since you know the layout of the place."

Uroki nodded, sniffing. "I'll do whatever you want me to."

"If you're not comfortable you don't have to come," He said in afterthought. "Meirumi will probably send some people after you for failing her, so if you want you can get a headstart on them. I have a safehouse off the coast of Wave Country where you can stay." Kaito offered.

Uroki shook her head. "No I want to stay with you guys." Her blacks eyes shined with determination.

Kaito nodded

AiAi AiAi

Haruka was leaning against Kaito as she listened to Uroki tell them all about what she knew about the Crystal Kage. Oh so the Kage was a she? How interesting, Haruka smiled lightly in excitement. She hoped Kaito would be fine about killing females, she knew some males to be rather reluctant on attacking females at times.

On top of that, the mention of the elite squad got Haruka even more excited, she loved challenges and couldn't wait to try out her jutsus on them, and she knew this time Kaito won't stop her. Maybe spare one so they can use them for questioning. Though her smile did falter at hearing that there were more like Uroki who were still being used by the Kage. Frowning slightly, Haruka muttered out, "What a bad taste this woman has...using such innocent children for her own sake...hmph." She may be a missing nin, but it doesn't mean she'll stoop that low.

Haruka let out a small groan as she mumbled out, "Please tell me this Kage isn't specialized in genjutsus because that will be the end of me. Kaito, I need you~." Haruka said in an exaggerated manner, though in truth, she really was dependent on Kaito whenever genjutsu was involved. Though Haruka paused for a moment as she mentally calculated just how far the village of rice was. Oh good, it wasn't that far.

She glanced over at Uroki, wondering what the younger girl will decide on. She smiled as she added, "Mmmhmm, Kaito is right, if you don't want to then you don't have to. It's all up to you." Haruka glanced semi-amused towards Kaito, "A safe house?" but she really wasn't one to say as she grinned and added, "I have one in the Tea Country haha."

Hearing Uroki's determined response, Haruka grinned at the younger girl as she knelt in front of Uroki with glowing green hands, "Then allow me to heal you silly girl." Haruka winked at Uroki as she began to heal the younger girl. Once finished, she stood up and stretched, smiling over at Kaito, Haruka said, "Shall we get going then?" She hoped that since Uroki is with them, that Kaito won't just leave them behind with his wind jutsu, it really wiped her out last time he did that.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

Kaito smiled at Haruka's antics. "Don't worry. We'll be fine. I can teach you how to detect and dispel genjutsu along the way it you'd like."

Haruka then continued on talking about something else, but Kaito's heart wasn't really in the conversation so he only half listened. "Yeah, the safe house wasn't actually mine. But seeing as he died, I guess I made it mine. Seeing as no one was going to be using it any time soon." He laughed coldly at his dark joke.

"You girls go ahead." He said after a moment of silence. "I have something I need to do here."

Once the girls left, Kaito turned to their hotel room and burned it completely down with an Amaterasu. Burning evidence meant no one would know they were here. Kaito put out the black flames of the eternal fire, and hopped out of the room.

AiAi AiAi

Haruka gave Kaito a pout. He knew just how bad she was at genjutsu, but the pout was more of a cover for her oncoming blush that she was able to somehow suppress. Ever since the two confessed to each other about their feelings for one another, Kaito was beginning to smile more openly to her and honestly, her heart couldn't take it all at once. It made her really happy on the inside while making her blush on the outside. Haruka merely smiled back at Kaito and said, "Deal~!"

Uroki sweatdropped at Kaito's rather dark sense of humor while Haruka nodded her head in understanding as she commented, "At least the safe house is being put to good use hehe. Hm? Something the matter Uroki-chan?" Haruka smiled over at the younger girl whom merely shook her head no.

Hearing Kaito's orders, Haruka nodded her head as she ushered Uroki out of the room through the window, "Alright, we'll get started then~ See you soon Kaito~." Haruka blew him a quick kiss in the air with a wink as she began to head towards the forest. Uroki glanced back at the inn before looking over at Haruka, "Shouldn't we wait for him?" she asked concerned. Haruka smiled as she kept facing forward while saying, "Nah, Kaito will catch up. Just you watch." Uroki wondered just how close these two were from how much trust they showed for one another.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

Uroki shook her head, waiting until after Kaito left to answer Haruka's question.

"It's just that... Kaito... he has something deep inside. Something dark... I can't explain." The girl thought back to the Uchiha's dark eyes, filled with a deep sadness that the blonde could not believe was possible to hold. "It's their, but it's hidden. I remember a saying when I was young. It went something like, "When an Uchiha loves they love the most, and when they lose that love they hate even more." Uroki stared at the ground as they leaped from rooftop to rooftop.
"His trying to hide it, but one day he would be able to hold it back, and when that day comes. It will be terrifying." The young girl said sagely.

------

Kaito caught up with the rest of the gang quickly enough, and followed behind silently.

AiAi AiAi ( I know this post is trash, but the next post will be better. )

Haruka glanced over at Uroki as they continued on their way. She listened to what Uroki had to say, unusually silent for once. Her eyes were solemn as she remained silent for a bit longer. Once she was sure Uroki was done speaking, Haruka spoke up, "Hmm, yes. There definitely is a saying like that about Uchiha's huh?" She grinned over at Uroki as she said, "Don't let it bother you silly girl. It's not your burden to carry." She faced forward once more, but added one last comment, "And I'm sure Kaito wouldn't want you to be bothered by it, knowing him hehe."

Haruka knew of what sadness Kaito was hiding. She heard the story from himself, but she knew well enough that she would never be able to fathom the feeling he must have felt when it happened. Sure, they both lost their clan, but Haruka's were murdered by hired assassins, not by her own clansmen...plus it wasn't like she really cared about her clan to begin with so it didn't even hurt her. But Kaito...she knew it was different. Haruka could only hope that her presence could somewhat ease the darkness residing in his heart, but she wasn't sure if she was even present in his heart at the moment. Shaking her head, Haruka focused on their journey ahead. She noticed that Kaito was back, but she didn't say anything as she just continued leading the way.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

A few minutes into their quiet journey, Kaito spoke up. "So a genjutsu is basically used by infiltrating a persons mind or senses using chakra. It takes extremely good chakra control, and I'm pretty sure you fit that qualification so I don't see why you can't use it? Maybe it's because of your chakra control?"

He did hear some cases where people who could otherwise use genjutsu couldn't because of their kekkai genkai or doujutsu.

Taking a look at Uroki he continued, "Your kekkai genkai is extremely good at genjutsu, because it grants its user otherworldly chakra control. This is why you can control blood and control people through their chakra stream."

Uroki gasped at how thoroughly Kaito saw through her doujutsu. She shivered slightly at the thought of having faced Kaito instead of Haruka.

"In normal cases, you can dispel genjutsu with flaring out your chakra. When I activate my sharingan any genjutsu put on me is automatically broken, because my sharingan needs an influx of chakra to keep it going. So in that case it disrupts the users chakra on my body, effectively breaking it. But some cases ask for more extreme measures such as stabbing yourself, so the pain makes you come back into reality." Kaito explained. "But you can't dispel a genjutsu unless you detect it."

"Most people find that the hardest part of learning genjutsu." Kaito explained. "I think I have a way to help you know how to detect genjutsu. If you want to try it."

Uroki blushed and looked at Kaito. "I want to try it too Uchiha-senpai."

AiAi AiAi

Haruka's ears perked up when Kaito spoke up after a long moment of silence. She kept facing forward but she was listening to what Kaito had to say. She nodded her head as she thought of her kekkei genkai, could that really be the reason why she is so bad at genjutsu...?

Haruka knows she has good chakra control, really good chakra control. It takes quite a lot to master her kekkei genkai, but it's thanks to that her chakra control is good to begin with.

Then a memory came to mind in which Haruka peered over her shoulder to look at Kaito. She gave him a small sheepish smile as she said, "Ah...you know I kind of know why I'm so bad at genjutsu...ehe."

She remembered a memory of when she was still in Konoha. "Hm I know I was often put up for marriage arrangements to the other bigger clans and I do remember meeting one of them...um from the Uchiha clan..." She glanced tentatively at Kaito gauging for his reaction.

"Anyways, um the guy and I often sparred and he often used genjutsu on me and I remember I really disliked sparring with him..." Haruka grimaced as she remembered the various times Itachi would frighten her with his genjutsu, but then again thanks to that she hardly got scared of anything. Though Haruka was a bit reluctant to tell Kaito that it was Itachi.

Shaking her head, Haruka glanced curiosly over at Kaito as she asked, "Oh? What way? Help me Kaito." Her eyes were shining with excitement at the thought of being able to finally get used to genjutsu.

Though her mood dwindled at hearing Uroki calling him senpai and on top of that why is she blushing?! Haruka held back the frown from showing on her face as she began to face forward and continue on their journey. No longer in the mood to talk.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

When Haruka talked about being put in arranged marriages with the Uchiha, Kaito perked up. The orange haired kunoichi completely capturing all his attention.

"Uchiha?" He asked suspiciously. If Haruka had been arranged with males from his clan then he most likely would have noticed. Although, memory concerning his clan had been a bit fuzzy after the massacre. "Who?" He asked curiously. "I'm sure I'd know who it is if you describe them to me, that is if you don't know their names."

Ignoring, Haruka's request for him to teach her he pressed on. Anything concerning his clan was his business.

AiAi AiAi

Haruka tried to ignore Kaito's various questions about who she was arranged with. She didn't necessarily agree to the marriage, well then again she did refuse basically all of the arranged marriages she was placed in. The council really did try though, even threatening her with her life one time, but even then, Haruka would not agree to it.

She glanced back at Kaito with an exasperated expression for once showing in her eyes. She smiled at him before facing forward once more. She really didn't want to answer his question. Perhaps she could just go around it?

Putting a finger to her chin, Haruka looked thoughtful at she finally answered his questions, "Mmm, I can't really recall, it was when I was a mere child after all, but I remember he was a bit pale and then had dark black hair...his eyes were also black." Haruka chirped out as she smiled over at Kaito. Knowing very well that all Uchiha's were pale of skin and had dark eyes and hair. Smiling over at Uroki, Haruka changed the topic by asking her, "Hey Uroki-chan, does your clan have any specific traits? Like mine all had different eye color." Haruka said while pointing at her pair of mismatching eyes.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back