• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Naruto - The New Members

Kaito lay tired, next to the fire. Even though he hadn't really used much of his power in the fight, he still was thoroughly exhausted. He frowned. It was another weakness of his, lack of stamina. He was a powerhouse, but one with low energy.

He flexed his muscles and sighed, as the flickering flames warmed his body. He noticed Haruka had caught some fish, so he tilted his head towards her.

"You going to cook it?" He grunted. He wasn't THAT hungry, but he was still hungry nonetheless.

@AiAi

Haruka came back after a while. She had some alone time and was back to being in a good mood now.

She came back humming as she unloaded the things she gathered: a couple fish, water in the bamboo bottles and more firewood.

She noticed that Kaito was just laying down, as she began gutting the fish she tilted her head and asked him, "tired?"

She nodded her head once and began cooking it. She didn't want to bother Kaito too much and decided to just keep her distance for now, she'll let him warm up to her in his own pace.

She began cooking the fish and handed him the water.

@CocoForRealz

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaito accepted the water from her, and greedily gulped it down. He didn't know how thirsty he was until he took a sip.

"Thanks." He said, setting the water down. He watched quietly at the fire as it cooked the fish.

After a minute of contemplating, he turned towards her, "What's your story?" He felt kind've bad for being so cold to her earlier.

@AiAi

"You're very welcome" said Haruka politely. It really is impossible to imagine someone like her being an S class missing ninja from the way she looked and spoke so happily at times. She kept humming as she began to pull out some plates from her bag and place the fish on it. She also pulled out some canned vegetables that she kept in her bag incase.

While she was placing the food on the plate, Haruka heard Kaito's question. Her eyes widened a bit in surprise but then slowly a smile, a genuine happy smile formed on her face. Sure she smiles often, but that does not mean they are true smiles. She was glad that her partner doesn't hate her as much as she thought he did.

Turning towards him with a plate of food, she first handed the food to him and then began speaking. "Well you see, I also come from one of the five great Shinobi villages, the hidden village of leaves...Konohagakure." Taking a bite of her food, she continued on, "Basically my family, the Yukimura clan, was wiped out in a sense. Hmmm or should I say we were exiled from the village? Well...everyone except for myself for some reason." Taking a deep breathe she went on to say, "As I grew older, I found out that the elders of the village plotted all this, they only wanted the Yukimura's for their kekkai genkai and since it only appears in a select few....well let's just say that was why I was the only one chosen." She shrugged and let out a light laugh, "I'll just cut it short, basically long story short, I was fed up with how the elders treated me like a political tool and a war machine and than my family just abandoned me so they could live a happy life who knows where....oh but I found out that the elders sent out assassins and now I don't even have a single family left...yup I was fed up..."

She finished her plate and was taking big gulps of her water, afterwards she wiped her mouth and looked towards him. Meeting eye to eye with the Uchiha, her eyes being serious and solemn after such a talk asked him, "So...what's your story?"

@CocoForRealz

Kaito listened to her story quietly, from start to finish, thumbs tapping against his chin.

"Konoha is corrupt," He started, "The Hokage is soft, and the civilian council and the old codgers influence everything in the village."

He grit his teeth, "That is how my clan was destroyed.. They feared my clan would uprise so they decided to kill them off. That bastard Itachi did it."

He glared at the ground, his sharingan sporadically activating and deactivating. "He killed my parents, his uncle and aunt, with no mercy. He killed them in front of me, no less."

He tapped the skin underneath his eye, "Which is how I activated my sharingan. He left me and my little cousin alive."

He closed his eyes, and turned to the sky. "I will destroy Konoha, and save my little cousin, Uchiha Sasuke from their grasps."

@AiAi

Haruka listened to Kaito's story, hmm so they were in a similar boat then...? Though Haruka was not grieved when she learned that her family was assassinated...she didn't even know who committed that act. Her family treated her wrong, they just threw her aside and she knew that...perhaps that was why she couldn't bring herself to shed a tear for the death of her parents, siblings and her aunts...everyone in her family. She was often considered the black sheep of the family since she was the first in several generations to have unlocked the kekkai genkai.

Her eyes widened in surprise, Itachi Uchiha did that? She knew him when she was little since the elders would often bug her to marry him, the offer which she refused many many times. And isn't he....she realized that he was in the Akatsuki from the meeting earlier today. Haruka wanted to ask Kaito if he knew that Itachi was there but she didn't bring it up when she saw how he was.

Her eyes softened as she realized just how much hate and anger he had because of all that. Haruka reached out and placed her hand on top of his head. His hair was super soft for a guy was her first opinion. Then she proceeded to just gently pet his head, "So that is your story...I see...." she stopped suddenly and pulled away. Getting up Haruka turned her back to him and just softly said, "I think we should get some sleep...I'll take first watch so you can go ahead and get some rest...good night." With that said she jumped up into a tree branch.

@CocoForRealz

Kaito was about to smack her hand off his hair, but she took it before he could. She then stated she would take first watch, and he almost complained that he couldn't sleep from the memories, but he refrained. She knew too much about him already.

He rolled into his sleeping bag, and closed his eyes, trying as hard as he could to stop the memories that were assaulting his mind. He didn't tell her one thing.

He was going to kill Itachi, and steal his eyes.

@AiAi

Haruka began singing a lullaby softly. She looked up at the night sky as she sang. Her mind were full of her past and imagining Kaito's past. She tried taking her mind off of it by singing and stargazing.

She glanced down at the campsite to see Kaito asleep, she looked around herself. It was cold dark night but the sky was shining with stars.

Hopefully tonight would be a peaceful night, thought Haruka as she looked around keeping watch.

@CocoForRealz

A kunai sliced through the peaceful night sky, landing right next to tree Haruka was on, and disrupting whatever calm that was there before. A sharo blast of wind soon followed and blasted the tree to bits.

Kaito quickly woke up, and grabbed Haruka from turning into a smatter of human body parts.

"We're under attack. Follow my lead, and be quiet."

@AiAi

Before Haruka could even react, a kunai embedded itself into the tree. Her eyes widened and she couldn't even react.

Closing her eyes and bracing for impact, Haruka felt none. When she opened them she noticed that Kaito was carrying her and it seems like he saved her in time.

She was bit disoriented from all that happened in such a fast pace but nodded her head nonetheless.

She followed his orders and began to follow him, throwing soil on the fire, she allowed complete darkness to engulf the two. She knew it would lead her to a disadvantage if they cannot see her eyes very well, but she trusted Kaito she thought this as she looked up at Kaito's back in front of her.

@CocoForRealz

Kaito quickly activated his sharingan, the red three tomoe irises peircing through the dark blanket of night. He then unsheated his two katanas and jumped onto a tree branch.

He jumped into another one, just in time to see another wind bullet destroy the branch he was previously on.

He jumped again dodging kunai, and wind bullets.

Tesu grinned savagely as he snuck up behind the girl. Over confidence and arrogance blinding him from the fact that he was only B ranked and she was S ranked.

"Gotchu ya lil bitch." He smirked as he pounced on the girl.

@AiAi

Haruka was on high alert. She saw Kaito jump up a branch and saw that he began fighting with the enemy nin.

She looked around trying to sense how many there was. That was when she heard some noise from behind.

She did a quick clone jutsu before the other person jumped onto her. Haruka was watching from a bush a few feet infront of her clone.

When the guy 'captured' her, the Haruka clone struggled against him but soon went away in a poof.

The guy was looking around confused that was when he heard a noise ahead of him and when he looked ahead it was too late. He saw the glowing purple eyes and that was the end.

Haruka's eyes were glowing as she stopped the guy from moving even one inch, approaching him silently she said, "who did you call a bitch?" She spoke in a tone that Kaito never heard of before, a cold and ruthless tone.

@CocoForRealz

Tesu froze, his mouth gaping wide open. He had never felt fear like this. His heart was beating so fast, that he thought it'd vibrate through his ribcage.

"P-p-please, p-please spare me." His voice came out shaky, just like his limbs. He peed his pants, literally, urine dripped from his standard shinobi pants and down to his feet.

He didn't even realize how bad he was embaressing himself.

___

Kaito dispatched the last of the enemies, before turning back towards Haruka to see how she was faring. With her purple eyes cold and ruthlessly staring at the enemy nin, Kaito could've sworn he's heart beat faster.

He was almost attracted to the sight. Kaito couldn't help how turned on he was at the sight. Something about the happy go lucky, Haruka, turning into a kick ass killer, made his insides twist; but in a good way.

@AiAi

Haruka smirked wickedly as she slowly approached the guy. She used her eyes power to make him sit in his own urine.

She looked down at him and asked one more time, "now...who did you call a bitch?" Her eyes were glowing even more fiercely.

Then she had a thoughtful look on her face, "I could spare you...if you tell me why you are here and why you are attacking us...how about it?" She asked while placing her finger under his chin and lifting it so he stared right at her glowing eyes.

@CocoForRealz

Tesu froze. His natural instinct to spit in her face and tell her to go to hell, but instead his body obliged. His lips turned into a 'o' of horror. This girl was controlling him. His heart beat a few paces faster, and he felt ready to puke.

This girl had the power to control him. What power. Even the most powerful of genjutsu couldn't directly control people.

He grit his teeth to prevent from talking, but his jaw unhinged and continued spouting all their secrets.

"Boss.. Wanted.. Money.. You have a big ass bounty on your heads."

Kaito listened on with a smirk. So this was her true power. It seemed their was more to her then smiles and enthusiasm. Her kekkai genkai was more powerful then he thought. At first he thought it was just a little mind control gimmick that only worked temporarily and those with weak minds, but now it seemed it was beyond that.

Kaito wondered, that since it was a doujutsu if he could steal it and implant it in his eyes. But he shook his head instead. That would mean potential losing his sharingan, or killing himself from a dangerous mutation.

@AiAi

Haruka nodded her head as the guy kept talking. "Hmm I see...so who is this Boss? Ah whatever, he's probably some nobody anyways." She knew that she was considered uh what was it again oh yes yes, an S class missing nin but she never really bothered to find out her bounty. Guess it was so large that it made people come after them, or perhaps it was Kaito who had a larger bounty. Regardless combining their two bounties should alot to a large amount of money.

She nodded in understanding, it was understandable that they would be targeted. Seeing that this was not due to their first mission, Haruka turned around to speak to Kaito. As she turned around she threw a kunai directly into the nin's forehead thus killing him. She was never planning on sparing him, she gave off a wicked smile at that thought.

Turning fully to Kaito, her usualy happy persona was back, "Did you hear that Kaito-kun? Guess we won't have as easy of a walk through the forest as we thought huh." Haruka began to stretch as she yawned. All this fighting got her wiped out, afterall she was on first watch and didn't really get to sleep. "Oh right right, are you hurt anywhere Kaito-kun?" Haruka asked as her medic side kicked in.

@CocoForRealz

Kaito shook his head, caught up with tons of memories that never seemed to go away. He was always cool, and collected, but Haruka always managed to catch him off guard. With her prettt red hair, and her beautiful eyes... And those cute expressions she made when she...

Kaito scrunched his eyes close, chasing away the thoughts before they became significant.

He coughed and took on his signature cold look again. "I am okay, you should worry about yourself."

He looked down at his feet when an awkward silent overtook the atmosphere.

"I will scout, and find out if their are more after us." He nodded at her, and shunshined away.

@AiAi

Haruka tilted her head to the side as she looked at him confused and concerned. But she soon shrugged her shoulders as she did a once over on herself, nodding to herself she gave him the thumbs up, "Guess we're both alright *wink*" she didn't really push about checking him since she knew that he could handle himself.

Silence ensued for a moment, before Haruka could break it, Kaito spoke up. She nodded her head in understanding, "I guess I'll start disposing the bodies then." They definitely didn't need other nins from neighboring nations to come scouting around when they were traveling, those were the worst and annoying in her opinion. Plus they could find out what kind of enemies killed them by doing an autopsy.

Haruka turned around and began her dirty work while Kaito scouted the area once more. She looked up at the night sky, seems like tonight would be a long night, hopefully tomorrow there will be less trouble. With that she began disposing the bodies.

@CocoForRealz

Kaito was half lying when he said he was going to scout. With his sensing abilities, he knew that their was no chakra signatures in a three mile radius from them, but he didn't always trust them because they weren't always right and refined like other sensors. His sensing was raw, and didn't discriminate against what type of chakra was around. So, it was kind've hard to differentiate against human chakra, and nature chakra.

They had differences, but they were kind've hard to pick out it if they were all stationed in a tight nit group.

He landed onto a branch gracefully, before hopping back up in the air, seemingly flying in the air. He had still needed to work out the kinks in his Wind Release - Bird to the sky technique, before could really fly.

He seemingly plummeted to the ground before swooping back up in the air, with a blanket of wind surrounding him. He shifted the wind cloak into a silhouette of a hawk flying upwards, and took to the sky.

Their was bandit camp up ahead, seemingly waiting to ambush them. He took to the ground immediately and raced towards it. When he was a few feet away he leaped to the air and flashed through hand-signs.

"Fire Style - Great Annihilation Jutsu!" He bellowed as a great wave of fire rolled itself into the camp, completely destroying everything.

But Kaito wasn't done yet, he motioned towards the flames, and closed his hands into a fist.

"Kai."

The fire exploded into a great inferno of blooming red, orange and yellow, and destroyed everything next to it.

Kaito drew in a sigh, and rubbed his head sheepishly. "I guess I over did it."

An earthquake soon followed afer the explosion rocking the surrounding area, as the sky shifted into a reddish tinge, and smoke drifted into the sky.

He began making his way back to where Haruka and he set up camp

@AiAi

Haruka's hands were glowing as she did a quick autopsy of the bodies curious as to what secrets their body hid. She didn't really find much, nothing that would pertain to their mission so she just shrugged them off. As she was about to finish the last body an earthquake suddenly shook.

"W-woah!" she yelped out as she stumbled from the shock. She fell forward and landed on the ground, rubbing her rear Haruka looked around wondering what just happened. She heard a large snap and felt something coming towards her, or more like falling towards her.

Looking up Haruka saw a tree has fallen from the shock and was falling straight towards her. She raised her hand towards it and began making hand signs of ram, ox and then dog. Her eyes were glowing at the same time raising her single hand Haruka whispered out, "Now...crumble" and the tree splintered into pieces and rained down onto her.

Cursing to herself, she forgot about the splinters and so she got several impale into her soft flesh. And that was exactly the moment that Kaito had come back. Haruka turned her head away feeling embarrassed for being caught in such a state.

@CocoForRealz

Kaito raised an eyebrow to the scene he arrived to. "If you can postpone your little death battle with the tree, let us get going. I've destroyed the bandit camp, and the night is coming up.. If we go now, we may reach the small village by this time tomorrow."

@AiAi

Coughing slightly she nodded her head. She got up and flinched, pulling out several splinters Haruka looked back up at him, "So did you find anything interesting about this bandit? Because I just did an autopsy and they weren't really much of anything, just simple low classed ninjas."

She got up and made sure they didn't leave anything behind, she then proceeded in grabbing two snack bars, handing one to Kaito she began eating hers.

"Shall we get going then Kaito-kun?" she asked with a smile.

@CocoForRealz

Kaito growled at her when she added the suffix to his name. "Don't call me that.. Just Kaito is fine."

Haruka glanced over at him as they began their run to the village.

Her eyes widened and she feigned shock, "But I thought all males loved it when girls used such suffixes?"

She kind of expected him to react this way, but for Haruka it was an entertaining sight to see.

@CocoForRealz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back