• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Naruto: Ryū no sensō

Which Village should the rp take place?

• Village Hidden in the Leaf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Village Hidden in the Mist

• Village Hidden in the Sand

• Village Hidden in the Clouds

• Village Hidden in the Stone

• Total voters

Razgriz

Elder Member
Hello and Welcome! Let me say thank you for taking your time to look into my small little interest check. Now then to move on with the reason you are here. That would be because you are looking for a naruto rp. Now there are a few other rps out there. All of them really great ideas in there own way. Now some of them may not be to your liking or the rp has already started and progress really far, and if you are like myself who doesn't like to join in rps that have started. Well this is the place for you, and after reading my idea I hope you decide to stay and join in the fun.

plot The main idea of this rp will be the usual three genin with a jounin teams. The genin will be just graduating or now just now joining a team. The rp will be about the growth of the genin and how their jounin - sensei mentor and guide them.

Now then you ask what makes this different from any of the other rps with the same plot. Well the setting.

Setting Unlike other rps that take place during the naruto series or after the events of the anime. This rp will take place between the Second and Third Shinobi war eventually leading up to the Third Shinobi war. The Village our characters will belong to will be up for voting.

Now the last thing I will want to say is this. I prefer smaller rps with only about 6-8 people per rp. Now I am not sure how much interest I will get, but if I do get alot of interest for this I will consider increasing the amount. However understand this if we aren't able to get 12 people( since it is four people for one team) I will choose the CSs I like the most. Now I will also say this I will allow people to rp as more then one character(main reason why I only like small groups) so even if we don't have enough people there may be enough characters to fill in. I will do my best to work with you.

Well if you are now reading this I would like to thank you for reading my humble interest check. If you like my idea and would be interested let me know. If you don't like my idea or find something that needs work let me know, if you have an idea of your own let me know, or if you would like to add something to what I have already now; I would like to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep an eye on this. Depending on the standards of strength of shinobi and allowed jutsu on other characters, I may be interested.

Well nice to see some of you made it from the other rp, and welcome and thank you to the others for the interest in my rp.

@The Architect Well that is a good question that I am still debating myself and what I should allow and shouldn't. What would you be interested in then, if I may ask?

I'll put in interest. Being in a completely fresh Naruto RP would be great. I've had a huge urge for some RPs based off the 3 man team, and tons of ideas fumbling around in my mind to try, it wouldn't be too hard to formulate out a character for one. :)

Hanarei said:
I'll put in interest. Being in a completely fresh Naruto RP would be great. I've had a huge urge for some RPs based off the 3 man team, and tons of ideas fumbling around in my mind to try, it wouldn't be too hard to formulate out a character for one. :)
i am happy to hear you are interested. Well as I stated above you can make as many as characters as you like and can deal with. So if you want to use more then just one of your ideas go ahead, but you will need a team for your extra character.

@Dai tenshi

Well, one of the first things I would note is that this era somewhat lacks Medical-Nin. I think this would be an important difference in tone and the atmosphere of the roleplay without dedicated practitioners of Medical Ninjutsu. Tsunade had not yet created the Three Clauses of a Medical-Nin as she didn't lose her lover until this war. Sounds like a silly, trivial thing to bring up, but I think the approach to war in general is different without a medical team. Or, to be more accurate, she just made these clauses. It depends on if we're just now exiting the Second Shinobi War or if it's been over.

Edit: I thought we were going into the Second Shinobi War as well. Are we actually doing that war, or just the time between it?

Aside from that, I think it's important to note the leaders of the era: the Third Hokage, Hiruzen; Mū, the Second Tsuchikage and/or Ōnoki, the Third Tsuchikage (it is never stated when the former died and the latter took his place, either could have been Kage or one could have even died in this war); Gengetsu Hōzuki, the Second Mizukage and the unnamed Third Mizukage (same instance here); the Kazekage could be Shamon, the second Kazekage, the unnamed Third Kazekage or even Rasa, father of Gaara and the Fourth Kazekage (the Kazekage have a tendency to assassinate each other, leading to their line moving quicker; while the first two are possibilities, Rasa isn't a long-stretch); and either the Second or Third A, the Raikage. It's generally assumed that the third Kage from each line were the ones to participate in the Second Great Shinobi War, but it's actually only explicitly known that Hanzo of the Salamander led Amegakure and that Hiruzen was the Hokage during it. You could use all of these inconsistencies and unanswered questions to your favor for plot purposes.

But, I haven't really answered your question...

I'm personally in favor of Kirigakure. It was known as the Bloody Mist at the time and really, very, very little is known about what happened there during the Second Shinobi War. This makes it a clean slate for you. And, personally, I love the Seven Shinobi Swordsman of the Mist - you could make this roleplay tell the story of how they were founded, just that they pass their blades down from generation to generation. You could easily tell the story of how the first generation came to be in Kirigakure and the Land of Water, which would be really cool. Like I said, Kirigakure is a clean slate here. If this were the case, what I would like to see are various fighting styles. Obviously there are varying swords, but a shinobi should be able to fight without their sword. I want to see the disparity in skill with and without it, how unique they are when you take away their common weapon.

In terms of jutsu and power levels, I think that setting a roleplay in an era like this is a death trap - and I love it. Character death is a big plot candy for me. So, I think varying skills and power levels would be great and quite possibly to have characters die a little more frequently than normal. Having "fodder" like this is how you make Shinobi like the Sannin, whom earned their name during this era, stand out. I would think Chuunin level would be best here. This is war; while most Naruto roleplays are designed to have time to build up, this one won't. Starting out as Chuunin gives a chance to develop, but a more notable impact. And, let's face it, Genin would easily be slaughtered in this time. In terms of specific jutsu, I really think that would be a case-by-case thing, but I would generally be against Jinchuuriki in this plotline. Most of them are accounted for, and if not, you'd think we'd know about them being used.

@Dai tenshi

Ah, well I was meaning more so I have a bunch of ideas I could use, I'd probably just join up with 1 character, maybe 2 if needed. ^^ My ideas are all pretty much just vague, so I'd have to pick through and flesh them out, so not all of them would likely carrying through.

Well I had planned on getting the rp up today, but I think I will wait one more day to see if there will be anymore interest and to let anyone more votes come in.

As of right now the rp will take place in the village in the leaf.

@The Architect

I see what you are saying, and what you have described in of it's self sounds like an interesting rp. However I am not making that decision, and right now it is the village hidden in the leaf that has the most votes.

As well some of the people here are from another rp that never started, and since I made this rp mostly to give them and myself a place to rp the plot we were. This rp will stay will the current and usual plot of the three genin and one jounin teams. Now anyone can rank up to chunin or even jounin, but this won't happen overnight. But as the rp comes along and after a certain amount of time characters can rank up. I will explain the process of how you rank up in greater detail in the rp.

Now for the setting. To be more precise, it takes place after the second war. It will be a few years leading into the third war. This is to give time to the genin who yes would be killed easily time to grow up. Now I won't say characters will die. Yes there are chances that will happen. After permission that character will die. Because as you stated before there are no medical nin as this time.

As for powers I am thinking of being reasonable about this. I am against Jinchuuriki in most rps. So they will not be in this one. I will allow kekkai genkai but not everyone will have one. Anyone can make their own Kekkai genkai, but there has to be flaws in it. Another other type of jutsu is allowed, as well as oc jutsu. Again I will go into greater detail later.

And last thing I wanted to say. This doesn't have anything to do with this rp, but I have another rp coming up soon hopefully within a week times. I have been working on this for a really long time, and if you like character death you might be interested in this. It isn't centered around killing of the characters, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few characters die.

@Dai tenshi

Rather unfortunately, I already run an RP based on Konohagakure using the Jounin-Genin-Genin-Genin setup. I was hoping this roleplay would be different or look at the war from a different angle, but it appears just to be a gap-filler for that period. With your rules on Jinchuuriki and Kekkei Genkai in place (very similar to my own), there really isn't a major difference in the roleplays aside from our differing timelines. In short, I'm not interested in a roleplay so similar to one I'm already in. I understand why you're creating it, but that doesn't sway my decision. Naruto Seiten looked great; I checked it out before creating Seiryūden. However, the GM went AWOL and I believe helps out on RPGuild. I'd extend an invitiation, but I can already seem some incompatibilities with characters from Seiten and Seiryūden and since you said the purpose of this RP was to finish out a plot and I would assume use characters for that roleplay here, I won't get anyone's hopes up. Thanks for the effort, but another Konoha RP isn't up my alley atm.

As for your other proposition, I'll take a look at it when the time rolls around.

[QUOTE="The Architect]Rather unfortunately, I already run an RP based on Konohagakure using the Jounin-Genin-Genin-Genin setup. I was hoping this roleplay would be different or look at the war from a different angle, but it appears just to be a gap-filler for that period. With your rules on Jinchuuriki and Kekkei Genkai in place (very similar to my own), there really isn't a major difference in the roleplays aside from our differing timelines. In short, I'm not interested in a roleplay so similar to one I'm already in. I understand why you're creating it, but that doesn't sway my decision. Naruto Seiten looked great; I checked it out before creating Seiryūden. However, the GM went AWOL and I believe helps out on RPGuild. I'd extend an invitiation, but I can already seem some incompatibilities with characters from Seiten and Seiryūden and since you said the purpose of this RP was to finish out a plot and I would assume use characters for that roleplay here, I won't get anyone's hopes up. Thanks for the effort, but another Konoha RP isn't up my alley atm.
As for your other proposition, I'll take a look at it when the time rolls around.

[/QUOTE]
No need for apologize. I understand what you are saying. It is alright with me. I would like to have an rp set in Kirigaukure myself. I like the village, and for some reason or another my characters are either from or have ties from that village. Now I would like to say this. What you stated before does sound like an interesting story, and I might at some point make a rp based of that idea.

Well I would like to thank you ahead of time for taking a look into my other rp. I look forward to see what you think about it.

@Dai tenshi

I will keep the IC bookmarked and possibly keep up with it when the time comes.

Notably, I was at one point considering opening up Kirigakure in my roleplay. I even have the Mizukage made for it. If you get the time, you may want to check it out. With enough people backing you, I'll make the whole village and open it up for you. :D

I will put In my interest for this Rp.

Though Kirigakure or Iwagakure would be where my vote is placed. Haven't decided which to vote for yet between those two.

[QUOTE="The Architect]Notably, I was at one point considering opening up Kirigakure in my roleplay. I even have the Mizukage made for it. If you get the time, you may want to check it out. With enough people backing you, I'll make the whole village and open it up for you. :D

[/QUOTE]
Will do

@The Architect @Saru

To be fair though, overall we at least see slightly more people voting for another village. ^^ I'm just bias at the idea of using as much original content as possible, something that having a different village allows plenty of to fill in gaps while still having a general structure to play on. :)

Hanarei said:
@The Architect @Saru
To be fair though, overall we at least see slightly more people voting for another village. ^^ I'm just bias at the idea of using as much original content as possible, something that having a different village allows plenty of to fill in gaps while still having a general structure to play on. :)
That is true. The other villages have received votes and more people have voted. Though I have preferences to the two i stated earlier, it would be cool if Kumo or Suna were chosen as well, Now that I have thought about. but I agree with you Hanarei, With Konoha the village has been well explored and documented better in terms of history as well. So it would not be as original content wise and less to be surprised by in my opinion. Where as the other villages would allow, As you mentioned more original content to fill in the gaps and provide a already in place structure as well.

i'm having a hard time coming up with a character xD I think Im starting to get a decent idea. Looking forward to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back