• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto: Altered OOC

N
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Find links to all the important pages here.

AtlannianSpy

Alarmed and Strangerous
gfiLcOp.png

Welcome!
This is the OOC for Naruto: Altered, please be sure to introduce yourself in the interest check, but once you've done that feel free to come here and ask any questions you might have. You can also find our expectations regarding behaviour and posting frequency below.

Our expectations and Rules
  • The RPN site rules are in effect: This is pretty obvious and everyone should be familiar with them but if you need a refresher Here is the link.

• The GM and any potential Co-Gm's are in charge: That would be me, @KageYuuki @InsaneAsylum and Orikanyo Orikanyo . We're always open to discussion, concern or just input but ultimately the decisions rests with us and we're going to be making the calls with the aim of keeping this RP as fun as possible for everyone.

• Remain respectful of your fellow RPers: Just be cool to each other, even if you have disagreements or find your personalities don't quite mesh do your best to remain civil. If you can't resolve any disputes to your mutual satisfaction I or another GM will step in.

• Let your voice be Heard: If you're not sure about something or just have a great idea for the RP let us know! We can't do anything about it if it stays in your head. You can post anything like that in the OOC but you're also free to PM me if you would rather speak privately, I'll do my best to stay on top of such correspondence.

• No Godmodding: Broadly speaking godmodding refers to controlling someone else's characters by writing their reactions or confirming attacks on them in your own post. This isn't very fun to deal with for the other person and not conducive to good roleplaying. Don't ever do it to another player without their permission and be careful about doing it to NPC's.

• Do your best in terms post length and quality: We are aiming for detailed with this RP, multiple paragraph responses with good spelling and grammar are ideal. We can be flexible about this to some extent, scenarios and situations just aren't conducive to long posts and sometimes people are tired or busy. The bare minimum is a paragraph or so that's been given a good once over for errors. Detailed responses give your RP partners more to work with and make you more fun to RP alongside so it's to everyone's benefit if we all do our best. If I feel like your responses lacking then I'll reach out and we can have a friendly chat about how to extend and improve your writing.

• Post Regularly or Stay in contact when you cant: You can read our Posting policy in detail here But the short version is this: If you don't post when a scene is waiting on you after a week you will be skipped over, after two you will be removed from the RP. We can always make exceptions to this rule for people who talk to us and give us notice when they aren't able to post, but if we don't here from you that's the end of it.

• Follow the Character Creation guidelines: These are located in the character section, their intent is to help you create balanced, interesting characters that are fun to RP and walk you through our stat system, which can be a little bit confusing at first. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask us but make sure you read everything to make sure your question hasn't already been answered.

• Read all the provided material: These are in the linked threads. There's quite a lot there so you don't need to memorize it all or anything. But at minimum give everything a quick once over and be willing to check back in if you need to look anything up.

• Oh and most importantly of all...

Have Fun!

Posting Frequency
Our Posting expectations are relatively flexible in Altered. We understand that many people have busy or unpredictable lives and need to put RPing aside at times. However we also understand that an RP can easily grind to a halt if people don't post in a regular and timely fashion. The posting expectations outlined here describe when you should post, if you can. If you can't post for whatever reason you can always reach out to the GMs, through discord, private message or the OOC and let us know when to expect you back. It's only when someone doesn't post and makes no attempt to talk to us that we start to consider removing people from the RP.

Posting Rounds

In almost all cases everyone involved in a scene should post before someone who has already posted goes again. It's up to the person running that particular scene, Gm or player, whether participants keep to a specific order or post more flexibly but the frequency should always be the same. We encourage players to make use of collaborative posts, wherein two or more people contribute to one post via a program like google docs but generally the same rules will apply there: everyone should get a turn before someone goes again.

The One and Two Weeks Rule

Ideally, we would like to see people posting once every two or three days but that isn't always practical, frankly I myself will struggle to keep to that sometimes. Once every 5-6 days is perfectly fine too.

If you go a week without posting in a scene that is waiting on you, or contacting someone to explain that you will be unable to post, then the scene moves on without you. Your character isn't frozen in time or killed off, if they were doing something important then they are assumed to still be actively working towards or contributing to whatever they were focused on, just not in a way that is dramatic or notable, they are simply "out of frame".

At that point one or more of the GM's will reach out to you, with a private message, letting you know that you missed your turn and asking you to let us know when you will be able to continue. If you post after that, or contact us to explain when you will be able to post then you can simply rejoin the RP as normal, with no hard feelings. If you don't respond to us during that second week then we will have to ask you to leave the RP.

If you repeatedly, over an extended period, miss turns due to not posting for one week notice then eventually a GM will reach out to you to discuss your the issue. At that point you can consider yourself "on notice" you won't be removed from the RP but if things don't improve or you don't talk to us about your circumstances and come to some kind of arrangement then we will be looking at removing you.

Cross my heart and tentatively swear I probably did not potentially stalk someone by pure luck and completely not by intention here

Waitlist
Naruto: Altered currently has the amount of interested people we were hoping for so for now anyone else who expresses interest will be going onto a waitlist, you'll be notified if anyone fails to produce a CS or drops out for some other reason.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone! So I was just given a spot off the waiting list! So I will begin making my character soon! I just wanted to ask if there was maybe anyone who was looking for someone else to make a character for their clan! Or possibly make a sibling for their character! If anyone is interested in that please let me know!

Hey Everyone! So I was just given a spot off the waiting list! So I will begin making my character soon! I just wanted to ask if there was maybe anyone who was looking for someone else to make a character for their clan! Or possibly make a sibling for their character! If anyone is interested in that please let me know!

Wait a second. I remember you!

How's it going man? I was in Gero's RP for a bit way back in the day (I feel old...). Damn, this should be fun if you're here too.

Far as making characters who know eachother, my characters a weird lonely orphan, so can't do siblings or clan, but if you want them, like, same neighborhood, or know eachother, I'm definitely open to that. Basically running a stalker who does not do emotions well.

Wait a second. I remember you!

How's it going man? I was in Gero's RP for a bit way back in the day (I feel old...). Damn, this should be fun if you're here too.

Far as making characters who know eachother, my characters a weird lonely orphan, so can't do siblings or clan, but if you want them, like, same neighborhood, or know eachother, I'm definitely open to that. Basically running a stalker who does not do emotions well.

Oh hey Gan so it really is you! I saw your name on this thread before and was kinda curious if it was you or not. Im doing pretty well man! I'm still actually in hero's rp over on iwaku, its going pretty well. How have you been?

And its all good no problem haha, its a little hard with all the different clans and countries and lore to make a character, so I figured it'd be easier if I was in someone else's clan haha, but sure they can know each other from living in the same neighborhood or something.

Oh hey Gan so it really is you! I saw your name on this thread before and was kinda curious if it was you or not. Im doing pretty well man! I'm still actually in hero's rp over on iwaku, its going pretty well. How have you been?

And its all good no problem haha, its a little hard with all the different clans and countries and lore to make a character, so I figured it'd be easier if I was in someone else's clan haha, but sure they can know each other from living in the same neighborhood or something.

Yeah... I'm still living the life, pissing off every GM I come across, the norm. Atlannian loves me! Other than this I run a thread and am in a claymore RP.

Anyways, can't see ya char yet, but here's mine if you want to plan anything around her.

Fandom - Naruto: Altered: Characters

Let me know if you have any suggestions. A five second summary:
*Lonely orphan: wah
*can't understand feelings: wah
* Met an ANBU, taught her stealth, cared about her
* Wants to know about feelings.
* Stalks people and studies everything she can.

Yeah... I'm still living the life, pissing off every GM I come across, the norm. Atlannian loves me! Other than this I run a thread and am in a claymore RP.

Anyways, can't see ya char yet, but here's mine if you want to plan anything around her.

Fandom - Naruto: Altered: Characters

Let me know if you have any suggestions. A five second summary:
*Lonely orphan: wah
*can't understand feelings: wah
* Met an ANBU, taught her stealth, cared about her
* Wants to know about feelings.
* Stalks people and studies everything she can.

Haha that would be because I haven't made him yet haha, but yeah your character looks rather interesting! Also idk if you can answer this or not, but are we all in the same village for this? And if we are which village?

Haha that would be because I haven't made him yet haha, but yeah your character looks rather interesting! Also idk if you can answer this or not, but are we all in the same village for this? And if we are which village?

I'd, uh, read the lore thread. We're all in a minor village in an AU, none of the major nations exist from Naruto.

This is my crappy version of his map with all the country names:
1541665090576.png

We start in the Country of Harmony in the village of Gunshugakure (The Village Hidden Among Crowds) All academy students about to graduate, probably in the first post.

Oh yeah I know that all the villages are different and that the Uchiha, Senju, Hyuuga and Uzumaki were wiped out during the warring clans period, I just wasn't sure what village we were in and if it was just going to be centered on one village or not, but thank you!

thanks for clearing that up Gan.

I perhaps should have been more explicit on that point, you're not the first person to have asked about it.

Still, you live and you learn.

I am going to try and start on my sheet tonight or tomorrow. I will probably have some questions because it is pretty in depth sheet haha.

If you really wanted to try making someone for a clan I created one for my character, siblings would be out though.

Thank you I appreciate it! But I think I am going to make either my own clan or use a clan from the show that isn't the Uchiha, Hyuuga, Senju or Uzumaki.

Is there still a waiting list?

Don't think so, think we're open for business. Think only two people have applied recently when we listed up to 5 openings (or failing that, I have two spots and would be more than willing to part with one.)

I'll wait for a GM answer, I'm just a humble peasant with a god complex, but I think we're open unless the GM's had more applicants than I knew about.

Don't think so, think we're open for business. Think only two people have applied recently when we listed up to 5 openings (or failing that, I have two spots and would be more than willing to part with one.)

I'll wait for a GM answer, I'm just a humble peasant with a god complex, but I think we're open unless the GM's had more applicants than I knew about.
I see. Thanks for letting me know.

Hi there! Gan is correct, we're still open. We have some applicants at various stages of working through their CSes and we're a bit a uncertain as to whether we'll get enough people to open up the new team, but if you get a CS together soon you can probably get in.

we still have some slots open, go ahead and PM us with a CS or any questions you have and we'll go from there.

Hi hi, by any chance is this still open? Because if so, I'm expressing interest (though can't say with 100% certainty I'm joining, as I need to figure out what kind of character I'd be making).

We have one open slot, feel free to put in a application cs, remember to pm it to all gms~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back