• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Narrative based Macross (Robotech) RPG LFP 2-4

SilverLining

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey there I’m curious who all might be interested in a Macross RP that is a side story to the original series? This would be play by post on the forum (I’ll have the threads up and running in a day or two, currently I’m gauging interest) and the system is the narrative based Ad6 system from the Robotech: Macross Saga RPG by Strange Machine Gaming. It’s very easy to pickup and learn and the system is streamlined towards keeping the scene and the narrative going so that it doesn’t get bogged down by mechanics crunch.

The following is a very rough overview of how the Ad6 system work.

Your character has Skills that they can combine into Actions which your character can perform each round. You select the Skills which best define your Action, and then you describe what it is your character is attempting to do as an Action, then a dice roll is made to determine the degree of success or failure of your Action. The level of those two Skills you’ve chosen to use for your Action also helps to determine the maximum number of dice that each Skill may contribute to that Action’s dice roll. However there is a character stat labeled Burnout and the level of your character’s Burnout stay indicates the maximum number of dice that you may roll for an Action without over exhorting your character. So if your Burnout is 5 and the two Skills you want to use each have a level of 3, that means you can roll a total of 6 dice for this Action. If you do your character will exhort themselves and begin to gain Fatigue, however you may reduce the number of dice that a skill is contributing to the roll so that you don’t gain Fatigue in this way, should you not wish to.

Oh about those dice rolls, d6s are the dice being used (6 sided dice). A d6 result of 5 counts as a Success with 6 counting as two Successes and a 4 counting neither. 1-3 results count as Failures, though only a result of 1 will count as two Failures. These are standard roll conditions not including modifiers (will explain those later). If your successes outnumber your failures - you succeed at what your character was doing.

The game wants to emphasize that your character has a story of their own and provides ways for you to bring your own character conflicts and backstory into the wider narrative. Lastly the game makes it quite difficult for your character to be killed outright, there’s even a talent called “Never Shot Down”, where you guessed it, your Veritech (or other craft you pilot should you choose to be a pilot) will get reduced to a flying chunk of scrap, but somehow your character always manages to make it back to base. Conversely there’s also a talent called “Always Shot Down”, where your character has got a good chance of getting shot down, but your character also looses no health from being shot down. If I can get at least two interested players I’ll get started on the threads with all the details.

Careers: Marine, Officer, Pilot, Technician, Entertainer, Volunteer. I’m probably forgetting one. These career classes each have several specializations with Doctor, Engineer, and Scientist being available for Technicians. Given how you setup your character, it’s possible to start off commanding a flight of Veritechs, a platoon of marine infantrymen, and even a ship. Entertainers well…Macross does have it star idols after all.

I am definitely looking for someone to play a ship captain btw.

Familiarity with the setting helpful, but not entirely necessary.

Warning video contains one or two brief scenes of graphic 80s anime violence.

Edit: If you wanna get past Minmay singing and to where things go boom skip about a minute ahead from the time she first gets on stage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back