• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern N I V A S ☾ C O F F E E

p y u

ケイ

divider_-_leaf_gold.png

there's something in the coffee.

tumblr_opbzldpjeA1r70ez5o1_500.jpg
You sit on the ground. The floor is not warm, nor is it cold-- the wooden slats feel strong and sturdy beneath you as you press your lips to a ceramic mug. You're sitting in Coffeehouse Vulpina, a particularly welcoming landmark in the city of Lecanora. To be more specific, you're sitting in the basement which goes by the title of "Niva." It's the dead of winter, snow is lining the empty streets like the lace of your mother's wedding dress. This city, whether it's been your home for five days or five years, is irrefutably a part of you. It's crept through your lungs like the smoke of a cigar, every moment being etched into your stomach whether it's worth remembering or not. You're young, perhaps fresh out of high school or college, and you have some questions.
Firstly, why God, why, are you not human?

tumblr_oj72bfYiiv1sdjgnoo1_500.jpg
If you've been here a while, you'll already know there's no answer to this. However, if you happen to be new, welcome! Niva is somewhat of a support group for the unpracticed supernatural. Some have no family to teach them how to conceal their unique abilities, and others are simply a rarity among the family line, having abilities they've had to keep hidden from even their closest relatives. Whatever your situation is, you're completely welcome. Just know that from here on out, it will not be easy. You are not subject to perfect treatment, nor will everyone like you. In fact, your spirit will likely break more than once. You will be subject to tortures that you have no reason to believe in or even want to take part of, and you'll probably consider running at some point or another; however, you're also smart enough to know you wouldn't be able to pull that off. Just remember, once the clock strikes three, you're free to go. Of course, returning is always mandatory.

Rules:

Keep the ages between 16-20! If you have a request for a special role let me know so I can bend this rule a bit!

Please add some diversity to your character! Whether that's their race, their sexual orientation, or their physical abilities-- think about what makes humans (even half-humans) special! Also, I'm super over the tired character tropes. I don't want to see 'smol tiny bean pls don't hurt him he has never done anything wrong EVER' or 'shy but can kick ur ass' or 'jerk with a heart of gold.' People are so much more complex than that, and of course being shy or being prudent or being badass is great, and having opposing sides of one's personality is totally fine, just don't make them generic and boring.

I will be reserving roles!! but if I don't see progress in your character, I'll revoke the reservation (unless I know you and can trust you. or if you reach out to me asking for an extension <3)

I'm categorizing this as semi-detailed, so around two medium-sized paragraphs per post would be perfect. Feel free to write more, but there aren't gonna be any one-liners.

Please try to incorporate some code into your posts and cs! Even if it's super simple like this. I know there are some freebies in the bbcode forum, and if you need some help talk to me!! I'm no expert but I can offer some advice :^)

Hello!! Welcome to my very first roleplay on this site, I'm glad you made it! To start, this idea is rough, but Yes, I do know where it's going. I thought I'd rather put it out as a semi-rough draft and have some inspiration come to me through different characters and whatnot, so if stone-cold-right-in-front-of-your-face plot is what you like best, this might not be for you! However, you're always welcome to join :^)

Okay, moving on: basically, this is ur typical generic coffee shop supernatural rp, but i swear it's more than that!! you'll be able to choose your own species from classic vampires, werewolves, etc., to krazy stuff like idk... Kraken? whatever u have freedom ok

anyways, you find out about Niva through a flyer on the door of the shop-- it's always been there, but for some reason out of the blue you decide to read it (tbh not out of the blue. when a hybrid (u) turns 16 they can read the enchanted message on the door and are p much obligated to come lol). The rp will start with a meeting. it may be the first for some of you, and for others, it'll be the 295th time. i'll go deeper into that when the time comes so just know that bad things happen in Niva. Mentally it's really challenging and deals with fears and sometimes even physical torture. this has to do with a sort of agreement between humans and hybrids, and pretty much all supernatural creatures. However, since hybrids have two or more different forms, they are incredibly dangerous when unstable. it's important for them to understand and have complete control of the divide in their bodies. there is no way to train in any other circumstances, for it'll only exercise the sort of 'muscle' that enables a hybrid to have freedom of their bodies and erratic transformation. anyways, that's a whole lot of nonsense i will write up for the lore section if i get enough interest!!
if u didn't read all the way here that's ok, i'll let you know what you have to read when the time comes.
i'm accepting age groups 16-20, and tbh that's even a lil bit of a stretch bc like u'd probably do sum damage in the human world without a hold on ur abilities lololol. some of you may have your abilities, some of u may not, it's just like puberty y'all!!! there's no wrong way to have it ;^))) the next accordion will be roles n stuff, and the accordion before this one is just sum rules that you've either already read or are about to bc i'm all done here!! bye <3

Roles:

(Just a general guide, let me know if you want another role! I'll decide when to cap off characters)

Manager + Niva leader~ taken by p y u p y u
Baker + second in command/familiar~ reserved for thepression thepression
Barista~ reserved for logastellus logastellus
Barista~ reserved for Little Lozy Little Lozy
Barista in traning~ reserved for spectro spectro
Dishwasher + bus-person~ reserved for boyguro boyguro
Performer~ reserved for Zer0 Zer0

New Niva member~ tsuneni tsuneni
New Niva member~ reserved for Garnet Garnet
Recurrent Niva member~ reserved for vesania vesania
Recurrent Niva member~ reserved for troglodyte_lion troglodyte_lion

Okay! So those are the roles. Let me explain. I'm the manager, and basically task coordinator. I conduct experiments and decide what sort of activities will be happening. The Baker is the second in command, they make sure everything goes smoothly and help me out a lot. They're also my familiar, so their hybrid type is able to possess my weapon. Don't worry, you can be whatever hybrid you'd like, my character's abilities include force possession so you still have that freedom. Plus, you are exempt from partaking in the activities. Both baristas will have some form of authority over the other members, but they are still active members of Niva and partake in all activities. The recurrent members have attended five or more times, so they more or less understand what goes on. The new members have either never attended, this being their first meeting, or have come two or three times. Completely your choice. The dishwasher can be new or recurrent, so feel free to pick what you'd like.
New and recurrent members have the least control of their abilities. Baristas have a better command of their abilities since they're either older, more practiced or are extremely strong willed. Both the baker and I have fully mastered our abilities. Probably.

IC || OOC || LORE || CS

Last edited:
Cool idea but I have question will we be required to use realistic images or are we aloud to use anime, drawn, etc.?
p y u p y u
Good question! I haven't decided yet, but I'll make a poll when the thread is up to decide what more people want. I personally am drawn to digital artwork as of now, but we'll see.

I am so insanely interested in this.
Thank you so much! Ahh I sort of made it on a whim and came up with more as I went along, it was nothing like this from the beginning. But I'm glad you like it! Feel free to invite anyone if you'd like :^))

Cool, then I'm in! Is there a place for a piano man?
Ooh, that could certainly be interesting. I don't see why not, although I have to admit I don't think I've ever seen a pianist in a coffee shop ;^)
It's okay though! I think it would be pretty cool. Do you have any ideas of how experienced your character would be? If they help in Niva, if they're in training, anything like that?

Ooh, that could certainly be interesting. I don't see why not, although I have to admit I don't think I've ever seen a pianist in a coffee shop ;^)
It's okay though! I think it would be pretty cool. Do you have any ideas of how experienced your character would be? If they help in Niva, if they're in training, anything like that?
That's true, a piano is too big. If you like, I can change it to a violin man or the guy who likes to sing jazz.

I'd go for a recurrent character who helps in Niva. Using his music to soothe the savage beasts. Oh! He helps with anger management! He'll be the cool easy-going uncle who'd be happy to take you drinking and listen to you wail about your problems --- probably not a good idea for some characters. I haven't thought of what hybrid he'd be, but it'd be something that helped him overcome rage issues in the past and so now he can help these young'uns with the same feral rage problems.

That's true, a piano is too big. If you like, I can change it to a violin man or the guy who likes to sing jazz.

I'd go for a recurrent character who helps in Niva. Using his music to soothe the savage beasts. Oh! He helps with anger management! He'll be the cool easy-going uncle who'd be happy to take you drinking and listen to you wail about your problems --- probably not a good idea for some characters. I haven't thought of what hybrid he'd be, but it'd be something that helped him overcome rage issues in the past and so now he can help these young'uns with the same feral rage problems.
Yeah, please feel free to decide what sort of instrument he'll play, whether it's violin, guitar, you can even go with a keyboard if you want, and if he sings too, even better. It definitely wouldn't hurt to have some extra helpers since hybrid children are awFUL. And I mean awful. So if he's experienced that'd be great, go crazy with character creation, and if you have any questions, ask 'em!!

This goes for everyone else too; the roles are pretty much just guidelines. If y'all have any ideas for other roles, lmk!! Expanding on plot is always a good thing. <3

Yeah, please feel free to decide what sort of instrument he'll play, whether it's violin, guitar, you can even go with a keyboard if you want, and if he sings too, even better. It definitely wouldn't hurt to have some extra helpers since hybrid children are awFUL. And I mean awful. So if he's experienced that'd be great, go crazy with character creation, and if you have any questions, ask 'em!!

This goes for everyone else too; the roles are pretty much just guidelines. If y'all have any ideas for other roles, lmk!! Expanding on plot is always a good thing. <3
Hehe, okay. Thanks!

IC || OOC || LORE || CS

Threads are up!! Please make sure to read what I have up in the lore tab as of now, it'll probably help you get a better understanding of how you want to make your character. The maximum is two characters each. And like I said, if you have ideas for any other roles don't be shy! I'm open to everything <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back