• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy N.A.M | CCS

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Name:
Clair O'Reilly

Bio: In her youth, Clair was a bit of a rebel. All through her normal schooling and on until perhaps her second year in the Academy Clair was well known for starting fights and was hauled in to see the principle on multiple occasions and even suspended on one occasion due to the damage she had dealt to her opponent. By no means was Clair a bully, however, no she only participated in a fight when she herself was the target of aggression. Yes, she was easily pushed into the fight but she was never the instigator. Which is probably why nothing past suspension happened.

Clair was an alright student within the academy. She performed alright in all subjects but she didn't really excel in any until Combat classes and of course, pyromancy was thrown into the batch. In these two subjects Clair more than excelled, she went from an average student to top in her class. In her time studying at the academy, not a single person from her own year group bested her in combat. In fact, it took the top in the class two years ahead of her to end her victory streak. An admirable feat that earned her a spot in the defending corps/ battlemages following her graduation. It was during her training with this group that the higher-ups became aware of her true potential.

You see up until this point no one had really focused in on pyromancy, yes it was thought with a broad brush in the academy and yes Clair showed an affinity for it but after being properly trained in the art she accomplished something very few mages in history ever had. She conjured up the hell flame. A magic flame that burned a black and blue colour, could take physical form and burn hot enough to effortlessly melt through steel. It was remarkable and she was encouraged to enhance her magic through focused practice. And she did just that.

Time went on and eventually, Clair came to do what all battle mages do. A templar. Rare to most mages nowadays not to those sworn to protect others from them. Clair put up a good fight for her first battle but ultimately lost. Following her loss, she trained more strictly and developed her own fighting technique to make use of her unique magic. Following her return to combat Clair took the lives of many a templar and upon reaching the age of thirty she was invited back to the academy to teach and provide on-campus security. She accepted and well that's where she currently works and resides.

Magic Specialization:
Pyromancy

Combat Skills:
Clair is extremely skilled in combat. Not only is she perhaps one of the best pyromancers the academy's ever seen but she is also skilled in using almost every kind of weapon to some degree as a result of her magic. Having spent a lot of time as one of the Academy's battlemages/defenders following her graduation Clair can more than hold her own against multiple enemies and it is in fact against multiple enemies that she shines. She has the highest training the academy can give and in times of great trouble, she is sure to be called upon.

Weapon(s):
Clair is capable of creating multiple weapons from her 'hellfire' and she is skilled in using them all but she is far more comfortable with a sword than anything else.

Spirit Animal: Tigre

Personality (At least three sentences): Clair is a strong and assertive woman who despite her history still seems to be a child at heart. She enjoys playing pranks and annoying her colleagues and can also be very often caught skipping her own classes to do so or to sleep. Clair, however, is an excellent teacher for what it's worth. She prefers a hands-on approach and can turn a complete rookie in combat into an actual threat with very limited time. Clair is a very approachable character and she does her best for students who turn to her in times of need. She however is very harsh on those who abuse their powers and or bully the weak.

Sleeping
Annoying people
Fighting/Sparing
Fire
Watching her students grow and mature

Dislikes:
Being hauled into the headmaster's office for 'inexcusable behaviour'
Tea
Being woken
Having her pranks ruined
Fish
Swimming

Strengths:
Magic control
Combat Prowess
Unpredictability
Hellfire user
her magic abilities flexibility

Weaknesses:
Laziness
uses multiple weapons to a good standard none at an expert
Childish
Can get to into a fight
Allergic to mint
afraid of water

Light lets out a sight as she stared out across the fields of crops her adoptive family owned. She had the letter in her hand and was interested but worried as well since she didn't know if the letter was some joke. Shacking her head, Light headed inside and went directly to the coffee table. She sat down and mumbled, "I'm hopping this isn't a joke." With that she started writing.

Dear MS. Phoenix,

It is with the personal recommendation of the president of N.A.M that you have been invited to attend our university beginning in the upcoming Fall semester. Matters of cost as pertains to tuition, housing, and dining will be fully covered by the university should you choose to accept. All that is required of you is your willingness to attend our university. If you choose to accept, all you have to do is fill out the information asked on the latter half of this sheet, then tear that section off and dispose of it by burning. Any other actions will be taken as you choosing to decline this invitation.
I hope to meet you in person soon.

Sincerely,
Ambrose Johnson
Provost, N.A.M

Name: Light Hope Phoenix

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance:

Location of Birth: Germany - Nuremberg

Current Location: USA - Texas - Gruene

Most beloved memory: I have to says the one of my older brother making my favorite foods, well tries.

Most valuable possession: A Necklace with a Moonstone, the last thing I have of my brother.

Most painful memory: Seeing my brother die...

Greatest Strength: Being nice I guess, a lot of people say that I help them a lot with their problems.

Greatest Weakness: Seeing my friends and family get hurt, that's the only time I loose my temper.

Describe your most interesting dream: I don't have dreams, if I do I can't remember them at all.

What do you do in your free time? I like helping my Adoptive with the animals, Writing & Reading, Singing to cheer people up when they need it, And Volunteering at the Hospital.

What is your goal in life? I Don't have any goals, I'd rather not think of the future.

Are you religious? No

What does magic mean to you? I don't have a clue, it's funny I guess

Spirit animal: White Cat

What kind of magic are you gifted in? Conjuration

Glancing over the letter Light smiled softly and torn the letter in half, she threw it into the fire just as her mother called. "Coming Mother!" Light yelled and ran off to help with whatever she wanted, smiling softly.

Name: Chipapa

Appearance: 1555573263463.png

Bio (Needs to be at least 3 lines long): Chipapa is an Olmec Priest disfigured in an experiment gone wrong that foresaw the disappearance of his Civilization and booked it out of there. Traveling to the great civilizations of the Inca and the Maya and studying Magic before returning to modern day Mexico to witness the power of the Aztec. This was a comparably short visit as he foresaw the Spanish Conquest. After the Conquest he hid in the Amazon and studied with the Tribes there while honing his skill with Divination until he was asked to work at the Nexus Academy.

Magic Specialization: Divination (Mostly) through Astronomy (The future is written in the stars)

Combat Skills: Foresight and Prediction, Experience

Weapon(s): Blasty Jangles (Jewelry), Zippy Chair,

Pet (No more than 2): Fred the Froggy Familiar.

Spirit Animal: Cane Toad

Personality (At least three sentences): He is really Lazy and Carefree. He's like Pumba and Simone preaching Akuna Matata. Chipapa is also almost always Happy.

Likes (At least 3): The Written Word, Naps, Snacks

Dislikes (At least 3): The Cold, Fighting, Sad faces

Strengths (No more than 5): Great Wisdom, Intelligent, Cheerful

Weaknesses (At least 2): Really Fat and Slow, Non-Interventionist

Last edited:
Name: Min'Karai (Min) [Legally changed his name when he was 19. It's a combination of his Sister's name, Jasmine, and their family name, Yukarai] (Now goes by his original name again: Morkari Yukarai)

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Appearance:

Dyed Blood Red hair down to his lower back (yea not the black hair in the picture xD)
Aqua Blue Glasses
Location of Birth: Tokyo, Japan

Current Location: A small house in an unnamed forest in Japan, Helping his parents as they grow in years.

Most beloved memory:His 11th Birthday, when his Sister bought him an Amulet with the magic symbol for healing on it. The same magic she used.

Most valuable possession: An Amulet is late Sister bought him.

Most painful memory:His Sister saving him from a falling wooden beam, pushing him out of the way, only to be hit herself.

Greatest Strength: Is willing to confront any danger to save a friend.

Greatest Weakness: Is willing to sacrifice anything for the people he loves, not caring if others are hurt in the process...

Describe your most interesting dream: Only remembers one thing about this dream, but it is still the weirdest dream he's had. He hears maniacal laughter, coming from somewhere wearing a similar Amulet as his own, but the Symbol is upside down, and slightly different, but he's not sure how.

What do you do in your free time? Play Video Games, Read, And Anything to do with Dragons he will try out.

What is your goal in life? To live without regret, as his was his Sisters dying wish

Are you religious? Not really, though he was raised going to church, he's more agnostic

What does magic mean to you? A way for him to remember his Sister

Spirit animal: Honey Badger

What kind of magic are you gifted in? Formulated Magic Attacks

Last edited:
(This is mb, I forgot to add the RP of getting the letter)
After finally getting home with the mail and newspaper for his dad, Min'Karai went to his room, taking the letter addressed to him along with him.
after reading it, he wasn't sure if he wanted to go, knowing it would bring memories of his sister back, good and bad.
Of course, his sister would tell him to go, because any memory is a good memory when it's someone you loved, family or otherwise.
So, he filled it out, thinking about a few of the answers for a few minutes.
Ugh, either way, he could definitely hear his sister teasing him for not going...
Screw it. He finished filling it out then tore off and burned the bottom half. He didn't have any fire on hand, so he grabbed a match and lit it that way.

Last edited:
Name: Raven Smith
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Appearance:
Location of birth: USA - Florida
Current Location: USA - California
Most beloved memory: I don’t have one, my life has always been terrible
Most valuable possession: A necklace I always wear that my dad gave me
Most painful memory: When my mother betrayed my father and murdered him, almost killing me as well
Greatest Strength: Determination
Greatest Weakness: Getting mad
Describe your most interesting dream: Being my favorite super hero, and fighting crime with her teammates
What do you do in your free time?: Read, and stay away from people
What is your goal?: To find someone that will understand me, people often don’t understand me and make me mad
Are you religious?: No
What does magic mean to you?: It’s a strength not a weakness, you should use it to your greatest ability
Spirit animal: Raven
What kind of magic are you gifted in?: telekinesis

Lixue sighed as she stirred the water in the cup she had in front of her. A day does not go by without her having a request to see if the ancestors have any news or sign for someone. Normally this would be a man's job to be the spiritual connection for the people of the tribe, but no man would dare say when the fires blazed brightly when the ancestors spoke through the chief to name her shaman of the tribe. Naturally, all the men shouted and said she was a cursed child, talking to the air like she could see things but they were hushed by the chief. And here she was, 5 years later, and everyone still held grudges about her being the shaman. Without looking up she held a hand out and gave thanks to the one who gave it to her before they left the building. Alone, at least to in her thoughts, Lixue opened the letter and her eyebrows shot to her hair line, reading the foreign letter like it was something the ancestors sent to her.
XoxoxoxoxoX
Dear Ms Thorn,

It is with the personal recommendation of the president of N.A.M that you have been invited to attend our university beginning in the upcoming Fall semester. Matters of cost as pertains to tuition, housing, and dining will be fully covered by the university should you choose to accept. All that is required of you is your willingness to attend our university. If you choose to accept, all you have to do is fill out the information asked on the latter half of this sheet, then tear that section off and dispose of it by burning. Any other actions will be taken as you choosing to decline this invitation.

Sincerely,
Ambrose Johnson
Provost, N.A.M

XoxoxoxoxoX
Lixue let the letter go and looked at the water to see it still in motion from her hand. A sign, was it an ill omen or good fortune for her? But since the water wouldn't give her answers to her numerous questions, she would turn inward in herself, as she meditated to connected to lost ones and those beyond to lead the tribe in a spiritual sense. She sat, on the floor of her room and began her breathing, deeply in and slowly out. Repeat and repeat before flashes of light, difference in coloration. No clear color was chosen as multiple colors were chosen, all baring a similar feeling. Mystery. The ancestors didn't know where this path would lead but as she began to come out, she was pulled right back in. Colors burst from behind her eyelids; light yellow, intellectual pursuit. Both colors of blue, knowledge and tranquility. A dash of black, white, and purple. Ah. Mystery, Safety/light, and frustration/evoking of sad feelings. Then she was feeling pushed to do what was needed to be done. Accept the letter, and go someplace new and exciting. Opening her eyes, she picked the letter back up and wrote in her home lanaguage, hoping the person receiving this could translate what she was writing.
XoxoxoxoxoX

Name: Lixue Abari Thorn

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Appearance:
Location of Birth: Uganda, Africa

Current Location: Uganda, Africa

Most beloved memory: My beloved memory would be of hearing the ancestors when I was small child. They comforted me when my family turned me to the streets to scavenge for food and lead me to my new family, one who loved me and accepted me for as I was.

Most valuable possession: I would never try to part with my pendant, something of my many times great grandmother. It was hers and it has passed through the generations of my family, even when it was passed to the males of our family, it still went to daughters once they were 15 years.

Most painful memory: It was a painful night when I returned home, having been recent named shaman when a man accosted me. From that experience, it has taught me to be wary of people, and touching is forbidden.

Greatest Strength: My knowledge of being a shaman, healing, and conversing with the ancestors

Greatest Weakness: My apathy, lack of knowledge of how westerns look at things, and enthusiasm with all things magical

Describe your most interesting dream: A bridge, one that I have crossed before, stands before me. Ancestors stand on one end while my adopted family stands on another end. I stand in the middle, and the bridge does not burn when someone tries to burn it for ancestors put out the flames on their side while my adopted family does the same on their side.

What do you do in your free time? I do not have much free time when I have my role as shaman

What is your goal in life? My goal? I've never looked much past my role as shaman

Are you religious? Highly, one cannot offend the ancestors without consequence, but they are not so strict as to say be pious. I can accept what others believe, its amazing what is out there in the world.

What does magic mean to you? Magic is everything. It lives in everyone and the beyond, it created everything. Or what I've heard the ancestors tell me, from what they can say to me.

Spirit animal: Owl

What kind of magic are you gifted in? Shamanism
XoxoxoxoxoX
Lixue smiled at the letter she filled out and, doing as the letter says, tore that section out, saying a quick prayer to her ancestors for making the right choice, burned the section of paper before doing the same to the top half. She would leave no evidence behind of what was written nor would she tell the chief. She had a feeling the ancestors were going to be tight lipped to him about needed to be done in her absence, but it got her thinking. She never had an education, let alone go to a 'college'

Last edited:
Minerva Youngblood

Strenght
Always Calm and calculating no matter the situation.

Weakness
Can sometimes be unsure of her own feelings

Sexuality
Bisexual

Reading by the fire, long walks, coffee, Any and all food that is hot.

Dislikes
Dishonesty, Arrogance, Naivety, Laziness, Seafood, Stress or Mornings

Magic Specialization
Energy Manipulation Magic or EMM for short

Birth Place
Redacted

Abilities
Magic to be added

Manifestation of Spirit Animal:
Minerva is able to summon her spirit animal and control it to an adequit degree so far. Said animal is the Eagle

Mage Light:
Minerva is able to cast and maintain up to five mage lights at a time. She is also able to move them around freely.

Personality

Minerva is a caring and passionate person much to the likeness of her father. She has often been found tending to injured animals and on more than one occasion has injured herself trying to carry out such an act.

Minerva is also a very curious soul and takes the pursuit of knowledge very seriously. She can almost always be found reading or writing, trying to unravel and make sense of those very things she has yet to understand. She very much enjoys reading and loves nothing more than to slump down in a chair before a roaring fire and read to her heart's content. While in class she also pays very close attention to everything she is being taught and is quick on the mark to both ask and answer questions. Her homework is always immaculately done and in terms of magical practice, she takes great time in perfecting any assignment she is given to that regard.

Outside of class Minerva is quite up for any banter that comes her way but can very much struggle at times to fit in and more so than not she can very much find herself assuming a personality to please those she's with. A habit she's determined to break but is struggling hard to do so.

Biography
Minerva was born as the sole heir and daughter of the great Magnus Youngblood who raised her singlehandidly to be the very woman she is today.
Her life has been spent in diligent study and for the most part, she's been kept away from people of her own age! Alas, Minerva is very much happy with the life she has thus lived and would do anything to pay her father back for everything he's done for her up until this point in her life. This year she's turned 21 and she's finally allowed to enter the Academy and study magic. It's been a long time coming but it's finally her time to make her father proud!

Attachments

• 1556781904355.png
    1556781904355.png
    326.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Name: Chouko Airi Qalli (Formerly Himegami)

Appearance:

Location of Birth:
Japan-Tohoku Province

Current Location: Unknown

Most beloved memory: Seeing a festival with my twin in our home town

Most valuable possession: A zither, oddly enough. Had when I was alive and had just begun to learn before I died

Most painful memory: Dying. My twin being forced to choke me to death to appease some sort of deified hole in the ground that held so many souls...So many like me, sacrificed to appease a near endless hunger for twins

Greatest Strength: My strengths? Hm...I suppose it would be to discern different tunes/tones in one's voice, helping others when they need it, and enjoying nature

Greatest Weakness: I'm shy, a limp on my right side, and had to depend on my twin for much

Describe your most interesting dream: One who is dead doesn't have dreams

What do you do in your free time? Doing music

What is your goal in life? My goal? Being dead gives little time to think of

Are you religious? I'm not religious

What does magic mean to you? Sacrifice, betrayal, death, and unable to help your twin with anything that has been caused by some spirit

Spirit animal: Fox

What kind of magic are you gifted in? Music Magic

Last edited:
Name: Jasmine (Min) Yukarai

Appearance (picture or word description, although picture is preferred):

Bio (Needs to be at least 3 lines long): Min's, or she knows him, Morkari's, older Sister. Grew up in Tokyo until she left for "college" as she told Min and their Parents. She and Min(Mori) always got along extremely well for siblings, even though they were opposite genders. During Highschool she took Kendo classes, which evolved into training in use of a Wakizashi when she started learning magic. Just after she graduated from the Academy, she died saving Mori from a falling wooden beam. She cast a spell as she died, merging a portion of her soul with her brothers, so she could still protect Mori when she was gone. This did cause a bit of changes as he grew up though, resulting in his very neutral look gender wise.

Magic Specialization: Healing Magic, Though she also studied White Magic in General along with Dark Arts; specifically she looked into Dark type Magic Attacks, and dabbled in Necromancy.

Combat Skills: Adept at the Wakizashi, and can use a Katana well enough to train others in basic use.

Weapon: Dark Magic Infused Wakizashi.

Pet (No more than 2): A hawk that is always on her shoulder

Spirit Animal: Cheetah

Personality (At least three sentences): Overall a kind person. Though she is also very quick witted, an unafraid of a challenge. Jasmine does become bored pretty easily, which is easily seen when she messes with the ribbons on the hilt of her Wakizashi. A favorite pastime of hers is to act ignorant to tease certain types of people. (Cough-Clair-Cough)

Likes (At least 3): Enjoys nearly any kind of challenge. Reading; surprising for someone who can't sit still for long periods of time. She, oddly enough, also enjoys meditating. Loves almost anything Fantasy.

Dislikes (At least 3): Sitting still for lengthy periods of time, Movies or Books tend to be an exception. Missing a meal. Sleeping longer than needed, why sleep when you can do things?

Strengths (No more than 5): Being near her brother seems to almost strengthen her Magic, as if she becomes more confident. Needs less sleep than most, allowing her to have more time in the day to get things done, and train in or study magic or her sword skills.

Weaknesses (At least 2): Accepting nearly any challenge HAS had it's drawbacks in the past. Not having at least a general idea about her brothers whereabouts or safety causes her to worry and stress out. She would willingly sacrifice herself again to save her brother.

Elena didn’t know what she was doing. Her painting on the wall was going so horribly that tears slowly pricked at her eyes. The colors shouldn’t mix like that, the eyes look weird. Before she knew it she was erasing the color back to its white state. Perhaps it would be better.

There was a sudden knock on the door, using her foot, she pushed it open. “The door wasn’t closed you know?”

When the visitor didn’t answer she looked down to see her quiet little brother peeking his head up at her. She paused and put the brush down. “Sorry for taking so long, are you hungry Matt?”

He shook his head and stepped out, pointing to a room. Elena frowned and looked at the kid. “Oh.”

When she arrived to the room, she was forced into a bear hug. “Sweetheart I’m so proud of you!”

“Proud of me...? For what?”

Teresa stepped back her lips touching cheek to cheek in her giddiness. “This!”

The letter was addressed to Elena, however Elena wasn’t the first to see it. Of course she hadn’t. She took the paper out and read it:

Dear Mrs. Martinez

Sincerely,
Ambrose Johnson
Provost, N.A.M

She was mainly confused after reading that, but she let herself have a fake smile as she looked over at Teresa. “And?”

Dr. Teresa frowned suddenly, her hand going to her hip. “What do you mean by and, you are going to this amazing university! And you will most definitely get in. I don’t care what this university is.”

It seems she didn’t read it too closely. “No. It’s only a good opportunity for you. I don’t know anything about this, I would rather stay here.”

Teresa gaped at her. “No, you are going.”

“I don’t want to.”

Teresa slammed her hand on the table almost knocking over the vase while yelling, “this isn’t your choice anymore!”

Elena grew silent. She was having trouble breathing. But, she slowly nodded her head. “I need a pen then, Teresa.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Elena Regina Martinez

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Appearance:

Location of Birth: Mexico City, Mexico

Current Location: Los Angeles, California

Most beloved memory: Spending time with my mother in Mexico and buying mango popsicles from my neighbor.

Most valuable possession: Locket given to me by my mother with my father, her and me as a baby.

Most painful memory: Having to leave my mother after she had died.
-this part looks ripped, but glued together again
They took me to a home all by myself, I barely got to say bye to her before I was taken away. Because it was in her stupid will. I was brought to a home with kids like me who lost their parents. The only reason I’m Teresa’s Golden Star, is because I listen to her and gained these weird abilities after my 18th birthday.

Greatest Strength: Working hard, I’ve never given up once I start something and I never give up on other people as well.

Greatest Weakness: Conveying my true feelings. I hate talking to people about myself, I would rather keep to myself.

Describe your most interesting dream: I would say my most interesting dream was waking up to a calm water garden. I was in the water, but somehow wasn’t entirely in it. Just floating. When I stood up, there was a big flow a wind and I fell back. When I did, I was in the grass. The trees loomed over me and I was frantic to move until the trees rustled and I saw Cranes. They looked so beautiful in the sky, but they seemed so far. And I remember waking up to tears. Needless to say, I don’t like talking about it.

What do you do in your free time? I clean around the home while the younger kids sleep or play. I’m the best housecleaner and that’s not an opinion. It’s a fact. But if I’m not cleaning I enjoy painting. My entire room is covered with my drawings and I just have a small desire to come over and see my room.

What is your goal in life: “To find out more about my abilities and other magic in order to help the common people.” -this part looks written in a different handwriting.

Are you religious?: I’m not entirely sure, my mother is a Catholic. So I would like to say I’m partly Catholic too.

What does magic mean to you: Magic means opportunity to go beyond oneself. To be the greatest form of human that can be hand and use this talent bestowed upon me for the benefit of others. -this part looks written in different handwriting again.

Spirit animal: Crane

What kind of magic are you gifted in: Weather Manipulation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Look that wasn’t that bad!” Teresa had loomed over her shoulder the entire time. Editing and fixing her mistakes. Elena looked at the letter then up at her.

“I can burn it myself.”

Teresa crossed her arms. “Cute. Olive is going to watch you if you are so insistent that I’m not there.”

On cue, Olive came in, her arm crossed as she followed Elena into the living room. Elena stood in front of the fireplace before taking out the extra piece of paper that Teresa tried to destroy.

“What’s that, Elena?”

She froze and look back at Olive. “Olive, please, I want to be somewhat truthful, let me glue it on.”

Olive watched her pled, her finger tapping her arm. With a sigh, Olive nodded. Elena beamed and went over. Fixing it and eventually burning it. The two watched, Olive turning to Elena. “What are you going to do there?”

Elena didn’t turn away from the fire. “I wish I knew.”

Last edited:
Name: Andrew Wilson

Appearance):
0fcc3e1d129118b8143a24ff07a824e5.jpg

Bio: Andrew is a newly graduated mage from the academy who thinking over what he wants to do with life applied to become an academy assistant. He had been a fairly good in his studies throughout the years but could never figure out what to do with his life. He didn't have much of a family since he was an orphan since age age 3. Thanks to that and him constantly being bounced around homes all his life he hasn't had much reason to stay in the mortal world. He was hoping that working for the academy for a while he might found out what he might want do with his gifts. Was he gonna join Merlin's Order and fight for the mages? Was he gonna use his creation magic to better mankind/mage kind? Was there something else beyond all that he could do? Time will only tell......

Magic Specialization: Creation Magic

Combat Skills:
-
Hand to hand combat
-Weapon Proficiency

Weapon(s): Anything that he can create

Pet (No more than 2): None

Spirit Animal: Cougar

Personality: Andrew is kind of the reluctant leader type of person. He's really good at know what needs to be done when others don't. This forces him to take charge of things when he prefers to just be part of the crowd. Although he isn't the shy type by any means. He just likes to hang back and let others have the limelight. (Note: His instructor always said that he wasn't using his full potential)

Likes (At least 3):
-Jazz
-Movies
-Sour Candy

Dislikes (At least 3):
-Horror Films
-Getting Drunk
-Candle Shops/ Large amounts of scented candles in the same place

Strengths (No more than 5):
-Smart
-Funny
-Kind
-Inventive
-Humble

Weaknesses (At least 2):
-Tends to avoid eye contact when in a large group
-Is unable to get rid of anything that he creates

Last edited:
"Mom, I'm home," Jocelyn yelled as she kicked the door open. But of course, there was no response. She glanced to the side to look at her mother, who was sitting in front of the shaky old box built television, which broadcasted not a show but instead the buzzing of a channelless screen. Those empty, close, frozen and glazed eyes... Soulless, gone, that's what she felt every time she saw her mother. She'd been like this for so long. She'd been like this for.... so long. Without her father there they at least had Romero, but now, even he was gone. So now, she was left with her. "Hey mom... You been good without me?" she asked. Jocelyn jumped towards her mother and sat on the couch perpendicular to the one she sat on. "How's the news? The weather any good today?" She looked over at her mother, feeling a strange familiarity within this specific question. This was routine for her, every single day. To try to get her to do something, say something. But it never worked. Even now, her eyes were trained on the television, almost as if Jocelyn wasn't even there.

"Mom... Dammit ma, can't you at least... at least say something? Please?" She reached over and took her mothers hand, she clenched it with both of her hands and kissed the lock of her fingers while she pulled it towards her. "I know I've been really moody lately, but it'd be really, really helpful if I had someone I could actually talk to. I know I said I was fine, but fuck mom I'm not fine. I'm nowhere near alright. And all I want, all I'm asking for, is for us to talk." She looked up at her mother, tears forming on the edges of her eyes... But there was no response. Just like always, no response. Jocelyn put her mother's hand down back onto her lip and stood back up, she raised her mothers head and kissed her forehead. "I'll go get your medicine."

Jocelyn walked to the kitchen to grab the medicine for her mother, but on the kitchen counter, something caught her eye. It was a thick white envelope with a golden stamp on it. Mailman Johnson had the keys to their house, he must have put it there since he knew Jocelyn never checked the mailbox. He was so kind, too kind for his own good. While bringing her mothers pills out and preparing her food, she read the letter. Her eyes widened more and more as she read it, and her movements slowed down further. Holy shit... No way, this couldn't be real. This had to be some kind of joke. College? A University? She hadn't even applied! She dropped out of high school in her first semester of Junior year! How on earth had she been picked for a University? She looked all over the envelope, but there was no jokes on you, no April fools, just the note and an application slip with the oddest questions on it. After giving her mother her food and medicine, Jocelyn sat in the living room, pen in hand, reading over the letter again. This was actually real. She couldn't believe it, but the proof was right there. She never saw herself as the College type. But if this was real, she had to at least try it right? Not only for herself, but for her mother. She could build a future for them, a future that her parents couldn't give back to her. "Well then... Let's do it." she muttered.

Name: Jocelyn Darius white (Also known as J.D.)

Appearance: Picture (Required)/ Description (Optional)
Location of Birth:
Atlanta, Georgia

Current Location: Compton, Los Angeles

Most beloved memory: "Uh... I don't know. I guess learning to fight? Uncle Romero used to take me outside every day and beat the shit out of me until I adapted to it. Trust me it's not as bad as it sounds."

Most valuable possession: Uncle Romero got me this Cross Pendant thing the day he died. Said some shit stuff about god or something

Most painful memory: The night of Romero's death I guess... I don't know, I don't like to talk 'bout it.

Greatest Strength: My greatest strength? Uncle Romero always said my greatest strength was how stubborn I am. No matter what happened I always pulled myself back to my fight. That's gotta be worth something right?

Greatest Weakness: I know this one for myself. I'm really hot-headed yah dig? If a bitch hoe girl wants to try me Imma knock her ass out on her butt. I hate being disrespected.

Describe your most interesting dream: I had this one hellllla weird dream right? I never remember my dreams, but this one was different. I saw this weird chick, she looked a lot like me but she wasn't me. She had this dark and twisted grin, like, an evil grin right? And she was controlling the weather and shit, the ground was shaking, everything was floating, it was like she was controlling Nature itself. And she just flew around destroying shit stuff. Like damn, shit was crazy.

What do you do in your free time?: I draw alright? I like drawing and writing. I'm only saying this so that I get into this college thing alright?

What is your goal in life?: I don't know... Honestly, I guess I want to put my art up for everyone to see. Romero used to say that I had a real gift yah know? I could draw and write like he'd never seen. I want to be known for more than just being a girl that acts like a guy, or for how much I fight. Yah know?

Are you religious?: Romero says that Religion is what fools use to keep their world grounded.

What does magic mean to you?: Magic? Uh... Weird question but alright. I guess Magic is like, it's something that I used to believe in when I was a kid. But Magic doesn't protect you from being jumped now does it?

Spirit animal: Wolf

What kind of magic are you gifted in?: Time Magic

Last edited:
Name: (Alias) Allen Briar, one of Gawain's many aliases

Appearance (picture or word description, although picture is preferred):

Bio:
"Oh where to start on my illustrious background and how I came to to teach at the academy~? I was born of a nobleman and a maid in the 1800's, ghastly thing to do during that time period and it got worse when my 'father' cast us out onto the street without much preamble. Needless to say, we were dirt poor and my mother had to work at an 'inn' to help raise me. I didn't hate my 'father' for what he did, got his just rewards when one of the heirs to the throne found out and had him hung. Ah~, it was satisfying but poor mother, she died from a broken heart. Imagine my surprise that I gained all of my father's wealth and land since I was first born, albeit an unwanted child, but his heir to his land no less. Then came the letter, the one thing that made my life so much more satisfying than the monotonous work I had to do for my life."

Magic Specialization: "Ah~ my magic specialty. Its a cross between inscription magic and shadow magic. I can use my own shadow to 'make and write' on a piece of paper before using it. But sadly its not as useful as it sounds." It leans more towards shadow magic than inscription magic. Or as its called Shadow Inscription Magic

Combat Skills: Swordplay, shadow weaponry, shadow summons.

Pet: A tarantula named Laith and a ferret named Oswald

Spirit Animal: Praying Mantis

Personality: "Ah yes, my personality. Lets see....No, can't go with that....Ah, here we go!" Allen is a very astute person that has a penchant to flirt with anyone, except students, that looks good and is willing to have a 'good time' with them. He doesn't care if the person is straight, he will flirt away without care. He is highly intelligent and likes to see his students do their very best, even if he tends to do things the wrong way. Do mind when knocking on his door in the morning or trying to use a portal, he sleeps in the nude and likes to flaunt it, covers still on, if he can get away with it.

Likes: Good looking people, wine, teaching, and flirting whenever possible

Dislikes: Being ignored when flirting with someone, having to wear clothes when in room (even if its during the day), being told he's short.

Strengths: His arsenal of shadow inscription magic, being flirty, flexible, and intelligent.

Weaknesses: His flirtiness can be used against him, he likes to make notes on all teachers and their connections, likes shiny things and likes to pose in front of his mirror.

Last edited:
Warner was just coming inside the mudroom to wash up for dinner, he walked over to the sink to wash his hands then cupping some water to splash in his face. He took a pause looking at himself in the mirror and picking out some straw and hay that had gotten stuck in his hair. Warner had been thinking about how he didn't feel like he was making the most of himself recently and continued contemplating as he walked to fetch the mail. He slid through some bills, subscriptions, credit card ads, and some letters from family when he found a letter for him. It looked like it was from a school of some sort.

Dear Warner Holton,

Sincerely,
Ambrose Johnson
Provost, N.A.M

Warner sat down the letter and was alone with his thoughts just thinking, "Now's my chance grand-dad...better make the most of it."

Name: Warner James Holton

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance: Picture:
Location of Birth:
Texas, USA

Current Location: Texas, USA

Most beloved memory: "Working outside in the pastures with my grand-dad and father, taking a break to watch the sunset and have a drink...one of the last times I got to spend with my grand-dad but the view was unforgettable."

Most valuable possession: "My grand-dad was a performer as well as a rancher and he did lasso routines and whip shows, he passed on the tradition to my dad along with his whip and them my dad passed it down to me."

Most painful memory: "Not that I like talkin' bout it but I ain't felt the same since my grandpa died...watched the life practically leave his eyes in a hospital bed and I just know it ain't how he woulda wanted to go out."

Greatest Strength: "I'd say I'm pretty courageous takes a lot stand in front of crowd and takes even more to stand in front of an angry bull."

Greatest Weakness: "Dad always told me I gave people who didn't deserve it too many chances and I always believed people could change."

Describe your most interesting dream: "I was out in the biggest crowd I'd ever seen but people started to disappear until it was just me standing alone in the spot light. Then out of nowhere a white horse up in the distance. I tried walking toward it but every step I took the horse got further away and then I woke up... ain't never put much weight on dreams anyways."

What do you do in your free time? "What free time? If I ain't working with the cattle then I'm either working out or working on my craft. There's no time for idle hands."

What is your goal in life? "I'm just trying to be the best man I can like my dad taught me, stand for your beliefs and stand for those who can't stand themselves. I ain't trying baby people but every now and then everyone could use a good push."

Are you religious? Yes

What does magic mean to you? "Magic...its a tool to provide the push I need to help others and to stand up for those who want it and need it."

Spirit animal: Stallion

What kind of magic are you gifted in? Runic Enchantment​

Last edited:
Julian yawned loudly as he awoken from his deep slumber. He rubbed his eyes with the back of his left hand to get rid of the crust in the corners of his eyes. As he finish waking completely up he climbs out of his twin size bed. He looked around his small room and it made him have a flashback to the events that occurred before he moved towns. He pushed the heavily negative thoughts away from his current train of thought as he walked across his room in a quick pace. Since moving towns abruptly he had to move in with some strangers. It was him and three other people splitting rent for a run down suite style apartment. Though the conditions are harsh Julian is glad that he could sleep without having any doubts of any danger coming his way. As he continue to dwell over his past Julian completely ignored the soft knock that came from his bedroom door. After awhile of finding clothes for the day Julian finally hears the knocking that was constantly going on for a while. He was in the mist of pulling his black skinny jeans on when he rushed to the door. He nearly tripped before he reached the door and opened it slightly since he still was shirtless. Julian didn't like to show people the scars that littered his torso. It brought back memories of the demons that he tries to put in his past everyday. As Julian open he looks down to one of his roommates. She is a lot shorter with long jet black hair. Her eyes was pure white with no pupils. He nods at her with a slight look of confusement as it is only seven in the morning. She giggles at his face and offered him an envelope. He grabs it with caution not trusting it at all. Though before he could ask what it was she disappears from sight like quite literally. He rubbed at his beard as he closed his door to the room. He examines the envelope first as he raises it up to his nose. He sniffs for a bit getting a whiff the aroma of the envelope. It smelled like it belonged in a library Julian thought. He contemplated whether he should open it or not. What could be in it he wondered. After a short debate with his gut he decided to open it. He open it slowly sliding the paper out of envelope with care. He is known to be clumsy so he doesn't want to tear it or anything. As he fully pulls what appears to be a letter out he sits on his bed and begins to read it.

Dear MR. Hale,

Sincerely,
Ambrose Johnson
Provost, N.A.M

Name: Julian Hale

Sexual Orientation: Gay

Appearance:

Location of Birth: Unknown

Current Location: Bryson City, North Carolina

Most beloved memory:
The day he found his pet wolf Derek.

Most valuable possession:
His journal

Most painful memory:
Watching his foster parents get murdered

Greatest Strength:
His ability to be able to see through people.

Greatest Weakness:
How naïve he is

Describe your most interesting dream:
He knew his biologically parents and he lived with them and was happy.

What do you do in your free time?
Julian loves to read and write.

What is your goal in life?
To discover the truth about his parents and foster parents deaths.

Are you religious?
Spiritual

What does magic mean to you?
Magic is like breathing to Julian it is something that he relies one everyday. It is something that is part of him and the world around him. The issue is he doesn't know how he acquired it.

Spirit animal: Wolf

What kind of magic are you gifted in?

Elemental Magic

Jay looks at the letter with pure wonder. Who would want him to attend their university that bad that they would pay for everything he wondered. He looked it over again and read it even more times before he decided that maybe this is the relief he needs from his past from his demons. Julian close his eyes and concentrate on his breathing. After a while he comes with terms with himself and grabs the lighter and a pen from his nightstand. He signs his name in a hurriedly pace as he was eager for this experience to come soon. After he finish signing it and immediately set it on fire. He watches it with a slight smile on his face maybe this would be good for him Julian thought. He continues to watch it burn into it is nothing but ashes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back