• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Mystic madness (a modern Magic Rp)

BlazingSword

The sword which blazes
For millennia creatures that defy all understanding have lived alongside mankind. Vampires, werewolves, Djinn, dragons, Witches and many other kinds of beings. They lived in secret, in order to remain safe from the humans who's numbers dwarfed theirs by mind boggling proportions.

Yet in the modern day that's all about to go out the window. The end of the world is right on the horizon, heralded by the birth of the gateways. Three Living breathing beings that act as a portals to the higher and lower dimensions. The Hellgate, a link between earth and hell, the Heavengate, a link between earth and heaven, and the Limbogate, who serves as a gate to the spirit world. Their very existence threatens all of creation with the possible return of the three most powerful races to ever exist. Angels, demons, and their hybrid children the Nephilhiem. Each was sealed long ago by a Wizard named Mamon. And all creatures both mundane and magic can feel the fear that is associated with their return.

What will become of this world? What will become of the gates?
The choice is yours.

(Hey guys, in this Rp we will be playing roles which can be claimed on a first come first served basis. No demons, angels, or Nephilhiem will be accepted as they are not yet here. Each player can be whatever monster or human they choose. The setting is modern day. And there are five major roles to be claimed.

1.President of the United States
2.King of the monsters- claimed by _Exodus_ _Exodus_
3. The Hellgate (claimed by me)
4. The Heavens gate- claimed by solars solars
5. The gate of limbo- claimed by BackSet BackSet
These roles are each important in their own way. And each know of the others existence.
Have fun and enjoy.

{Fair warning, your characters can die in this Rp, it's the end of the world so alot will die. I ask that you make at least two Characters. One to live and be your main focus. One to die as the story calls for it. This isn't mandatory but is appreciated.}​

Last edited:
The CS

Faceclaim: (I'd prefer a picture but I don't care if it's realistic, anime, or Cartoon. If you need help finding one let me know, I'm good at finding images.)

Name:

Race: (what kind of being are you? If your a gateway your race is known as a Keykeeper.)

Gender: (optional as not all monsters or people have them.)

Sexuality: (again optional.)

Personality: (how does the world see you, how do your friends see you, how do your enemies see you, and how do you see you?)

History: (if your a Keykeeper leave this blank and PM me for details.)

Abilities: (Keykeepers pm me for a list of abilities, no world breaking powers. The most powerful of monsters can level a city, no one is able to ruin a country by themselves, No one is unkillable, and no one can take another free will. Humans list your weapons and skills here.)

Weaknesses: (we all have them, these aren't psychological weaknesses but actual physical weaknesses. Humans need not worry about this as we all know how to kill a person, but monsters are expected to follow their lore ex. Werewolves are weak to silver.)

Extra: (whatever else you wanna add.)​

So there isn't going to be a different thread dedicated to Characters??
There is. I will make the thread separately once all five major roles are filled. I just posted the CS up here so that you can make your Character while we wait :)

767c91bc2b2d4f5c2d15989daf43cb0a--cyberpunk-art-fantasy-fiction.jpg

Name: Neil Zied

Race: Keykeeper

Sexuality: Bi-sexual

Personality: Neil like the other Keykeepers is viewed as a walking apocalypse, slightly more so than the other Keykeepers due to the vicious creatures that dwell on the other side of his gate. Those who can overlook this and become his friends or loved ones will more often than not still have a bit of fear in their hearts as it is in the nature of what he is to inspire fear. Those who find themselves facing off against him will find that their fears are very much justified. Yet for Neil, all he wants is to live in peace, free from those who view him as something other than what he believes him to be.

History: N/A

Abilities: TBR

Weaknesses: Even as a Keykeeper Neil is more or less human, anything that can kill a hand can kill him if he isn't careful.

Extra: Neil always seems to smell of smoke & sulphur.

6d0f26232a16a39d0bb9fd9fa1ce2f5a-d7bxgko.jpg
5627cc75deae73d31b7576b8_565425d71819e7966a438a00_320.jpg

Name: Agni Divya Kali-Rajani

Race: Djinn

Personality: malevolent, evil and cruel. Trickster (will gladly play into the common misconception of granting wishes but will always ensure there is a negative effect. "you wished to live the life of your dreams, to get everything you wanted. You never specified for how long.")

History: Agni has been on the Earth for a long time. She has seen the world shift and watched as man grew and observed as their desires changed. She used to be kind, and she used to be patient. Idolized and worshiped as a God, they wrote in their holy books of her and her people and the powers they possessed. They made sacrifices in her name and fell to her feet when she walked. The people loved her. Until they didn't. Until they grew afraid of her and her kind. Then the hunts began, many were slaughtered and mutilated as each one was hunted down and the curiosity of man lead them to dissect them like pigs. For years Agni ran and hid in the shadows living like vermin, and over time her love of man shifted to hate, she grew to detest them.

Abilities: Hallucinogenic touch (can induce a series of delusions on the mind of her target), telepathy, dream walking (can enter victims dreams and manipulate them), super strength, super speed (incredibly fast, nothing crazy), super sense (eg. smelling fear), shapeshifting (between true Djinn form and a passable human), super agility, immortaliy (in regard to life span, the potential to live forever, can be killed though.)

Weaknesses: Silver and lambs blood (a combination of the two-like a silver knife dipped in lambs blood-can be fatal, separate can cause serious harm), can be killed by angels or demons, serious brain injury can be fatal as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back