• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[Myria] Together we Explore

"Ehh, I guess its only normal water. I've seen experienced water users only cast pure water magic." Hira thought up things he could cast once he unlock his core. 'An icicle projectile? Nah, I cant freeze water, A burst of water from my hands? Oh my! A tsunami!? And! And!-'. There were lots of things to be done but he needs to learn first. While thinking, Hira's face was full of excitement and joy.

"...Hm... Well you need to first start with control right?" She laughs a bit. "Hold on a sec." She grabs an empty pail from under the seat of the boat and enters the sea until she was close to hip length. She scoops up the pail to half it could hold and returns. "Will this work for now? Before we can find clean water to practice on?"

Hira thought that the only way to unlock his mana core in a fast way was to blend with its natural counterpart. Real water. 'This just may kickstart my mana core, just so I can turn my mana into water'. Hira knew the basics of magical training, which was to produce a ball of mana onto his palm and the form of the ball depends on what element the caster has. "Yep! Anything can do." He grinned then he shoved his hands into the pail and started trying to concentrate something onto his palm.

'Everything starts with something little, a small ball of mana can be formed to be a large bolt of thunder, or even a firestorm! Its about how you imagine your spells. You shape your magic.'. Is what Hira's mom taught him. This made Hira want to study magic even more. This training would take him some time but that doesn't matter as long as it unlocks his mana core.

"I will... Do this!" He concentrated even more trying to push the feeling of mana flowing into his hands.

"...." Just as curious as he was excited, she sat by him and watched silently as he focused on unlocking his mana core. 'If this is the best way to unlock a mana core, it looks like a ton of work...'

After hours of soaking his hand in the water, Hira panted and lifted his hand from the pail in a face of disappointment. "Still nothing... Gah! This is tiring!". He almost gave up but he thought he could try one last time. He thrust his hands into the pail while shouting, water splashing out. Hira waited with his hand on the pail in a moment of silence.

The water from the pail suddenly bubbled and rose up which surprised Hira. He gasped and hurrily lifted his hand out of the water to see a small ball of water mana. "This... This is... Magic!? YES!! I did it! Lily look!". The ball from his hand was floating and flowing like water. The basic training was complete, now all he needs to do is to shape it. He tried to released more mana and formed an even bigger water mana ball which he threw at a tree, completely soaking it in water and shaking it violently.

"Ehh? How can I shape that ball? I want another spell!" He complained pointing at the soaked tree.

"!! I-I'm not sure exactly how you did it... But that was pretty impressive." She smiles a bit. "Are there any others you have in mind?"

"Any.. others?" He tried summoning another ball of mana. Her mother also taught her that advanced magi can cast with their spell already formed, not from a ball of mana and he wanted to do that to but he doesn't have the skill yet. He tried to shape it like a spear, making it whirl around but failed making the water burst.

"Gaah! Its too hard, im still new to this after all. Hey. Can we move on now?" Giving up, he smiled at Lily and pointed to the forest. "I think i'll be doing this soon enough again."

Lily nods a bit as she stands up. "We really so need to find fresh water first... we're down to the last sips. hm..."

"Why don't we try the lake earlier? Maybe its clean.". Hira walked ahead carefully watching for any signs of danger like the one he encountered before. He thought of almost everything in the forest is an enemy. The sun was now up so the forest should be a little bit safer.

"Yeah, it's worth another shot." Lily followed after him, still on guard but a bit more relaxed. As they return, she started looking for some sturdy wood of the sort to fend for herself. 'Tch... Some of these trees are are weak... I've seen much better quality elsewhere...'

"There's the lake. Let's just hope no more fire wisps get in our way." Hira was worried about another one appearing, but just in case, he had his water magic ready to extinguish that lump of fire. "I also want to see what is beyond this forest, maybe there is something about this island." He added with a serious face.

As she followed Hira deeper into the forest, she starts to sharpen a thick stick with his dagger, lost in thought. 'I wonder if Dad's worried about me... though, I doubt it...' She sighs softly as she struck the stick again.

((Sorry, there was a large problem I had to fix.))

Hira had brought the bucket with him which he used to scoop up some clean water from the lake. He was also getting thirsty so he drank from the bucket. "I think this is enough.". He handed the bucket to Lily. "What's with that look? You seem to be thinking about something." Noticing something about Lily, he asked.

((It's cool))

Lilly looked up, not really hearing him the first time. "...Hm? Oh... uh... nothing, really..."

"But it doesn't look like nothing. Tell me tell me tell me!". The worried look on Lily's face made Hira even more curious.

"..." She sighed a bit as she returned his knife. "My dad and I fought before I left Machina Haven a few months ago... I was feeling homesick and sorry about it so i had planned to leave much sooner before the evacuation..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back