• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[Myria] Together we Explore

They have been sailing for hours. Hira ate some fishes with Lily while looking at the distance for any island that can be found in the vicinity but none were found. A few more days and they'll be losing resources. Whales were bellowing either from the bottom of the sea or from the distance. The Void was still releasing dark energy somehow affecting the sea. Hira stared at the distance while chomping on his fish when he suddenly saw a small patch of land extending far beyond filled with cloudy, mountainous, forest filled wilderness.

"LAAAAND AHEEAADD!!!" His eyes widened and he pointed out the large island. This was either more danger, specially this time is the season of darkness, or safe land. Either way, its their only choice.

"! What?" She sits up, a bit alarmed and relieved. "Ok... we'll settle there for now... but we need to stay careful..." 'Anything could be there...'

The island was getting nearer and nearer. A small beach could be seen near a large forest. '*Gulp* The real wilderness.. I think this is what dad is saying. To grow up strong.' Once the boat reached the beach, Hira stood up and immediately got out of the boat. "Lily... Can you make me stronger? If I want to see dad.. I need to be stronger.." He asked looking down at the sand.

Lily was shocked for a moment, realizing his words. "..." She leans back a bit on the boat, letting it drift closer into the sand. "It's gonna be tough. No lies." Her eyes are dulled slightly in seriousness.

"Tough? Then lets do this! The tougher the way is, the more I can get stronger." He smiled at Lily pointing hie dagger at her. He then turned his back and walked towards the forest. "Let's go Lily!" He shouted while walking.

Lily stands as he walks towards the forest, quickly dragging the boat away from the washing waves and run after him. "It's a good thing you've got that knife. You're gonna need it." Looking around, she takes mental notes as they walk through. "We'll need to find a watering hole... and a place to rest... Those are important before we start training you..."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Got it!" He held carefully onto his dagger and ran. As he entered the forest, Hira sees a nearby lake. It was still a bit dark but fireflies lit the place all over. The light shone bright and a group of fireflies where flying past the lake. "Woow!" He smiled and ran after the fireflies jumping over the rocks on the lake. He ended up in a small cave that was also lit by fireflies. He watched as the fireflies flew and compressed in one space but suddenly their lights dimmed and the cave was now dark.

'Huh? What happened?' He asked himself. In a moment, a small fire burned mid-air. "Wait a minute..." Watching the fire, he slowly backed out thinking those weren't fireflies at all. The fire then grew larger until a burning orb as large as a door was formed lighting the whole cave up. It had eyes that locked on to Hira. "No, this forest is really full of dangers! Those weren't fireflies at all!" He raised his dagger and tried to fight back but he knew it was impossible. He knew he'd be engulfed in flames soon so he ran back the lake in fear.

"If only I can control my water magic pretty well!" His mana core was still locked... He can't do anything and that Fire Wisp was fast approaching readying a blast of fire from its mouth. "No! HEELP!" 'It's my fault for running ahead...' He thought while screaming for help.

Lily heard him cry for help and came running, when she saw the beast readying to shoot a fireball at him, she shouts, "Take a sharp turn!! Now!!" She grabs a thick branch from the ground as she runs his way. 
'I've never seen such a creature like that before... We need to both get out of it way!' She thought quickly as she waves the stick in the air. "Hey!! Over here, you stupid monster!"

After hearing Lily's voice, he immediately ran left then at the back of Lily to escape the monster. "Its gonna attack!" Hira warned Lily as the wisp just spewed fire at both of them. "YAAAH!!" Again he screamed, not knowing what to do.

"!!" She grabs Hira and yanks him downwards with her, dodging the fire. She gets back on her feet quickly, dragging him along. She notices that there's a slight delayed reaction time after it spews out a fireball before summoning another. "Hira, there's a point in time where that things is vulnerable... I've noticed, it seems to collected it a bit after to shoots out fire.. If we can split it, may-" Another fireball get lobed at them,and they barely duck in time. "Agh..!" She holds her hand tightly in pain, realizing she got burned.

"Are you ok!?" He splashed water from the lake onto her burn. "Continue what you were saying!" The Fire wisp was readying again. "The intervals are too fast!". He was also observing for any opening but couldn't see anything but the Wisp charging its fire. That was it, a very slight delay to attack. 'Im gonna wait for what Lily has to say..' He looked at her and readied for another attack.

Lily gritted her teeth as she speaks. "Maybe... we can weaken it by suddenly separating it..." 'This can work in our favor... or make it worse, but it's worth a shot....' I'll distract it, since I'm a lot faster than you. Try to keep up and hit it with something, anything, at the right time!"

"Ok! I understand." He then positioned himself to run in the other direction when Lily runs to distract the wisp. His plan was to slash the wisp at the back while distracted with his dagger, short it may be. 'This will do anyway... A branch would get burned to a crisp..'. He held tight onto his dagger and waited.

With a brief nod, they separate. As she ran off, she slowed a tad bit to trick the wisp into thinking she was growing tired. The wisp cackled as it flew closer. Lily took this opportunity to dash off suddenly and make a round turn towards Hira's direction. "C'mon... this has to work..!"

Hira circled off and got to the back of the wisp carefully not making any noise on the water. 'This is it...'. Hira held his dagger in both hands with a serious face and then jumped. "HIYAAAH!" He cut open the fire wisp's body like tearing through leather making it split in half. The dagger was glowing red hot making Hira drop it. "Agh! That hurt!".

Lily turned just as he dropped the dagger, finding the wisp dispersing into the air. 'Whoa..' "! Are you alright?" She runs back to him to check his hands.

"Y.. Yeah, I guess." He said dipping his hand onto the water. "Slight burn only. Im tired! I think I want to rest." The dagger steamed on the eater but soon its glow faded and Hira picked it up again. "Err... My hands hurt." He said in slight pain.

She splashes some more water on his hands again. "You did good." She sheaths his dagger for him. "Keep you hands from grabbing on anything. For now, let's just stay close the boat...Okay? It's still dark so the monster activity is high..."

"Kay..." He agreed and walked with Lily back to their boat. So much monsters are still lurking through this island and it is not safe to just rest in an unknown territory. 'If this continues... I'm going to be a knight, but I want to be a magus!' He was thinking about his magic and on how to unlock it as early as possible. Although his family is full of locked mana cores, he didn't want to be one.

"Hey, Lily, do you know a lot of things about mana cores? I want to be a magic user!" He suddenly brought that up because of his thoughts while ripping a small part of his cloak to bandage his slightly burnt hands.

"! Mana cores? Hm..." She ponders a bit. "I'm afraid not. My dad wasn't really a magic user... My mother was, but... she went off on her adventure or something and never came back..."

"Ehh? I'll have to learn by myself then!" He stomps the ground and starts to think how he can manage to unlock his mana core all by himself. There is indeed water everywhere and that might help him, or is that just another wrong thought? He doesn't know and he will try. "Ok Lily! This morning we venture through this island after we rest!". A mix of excitement and doubt got over Hira. The monsters there can be terrifying for a little kid like him. Anyway, he jumped on the boat and rested there again. "Don't leave me!" He shouted before sleeping.

"..." She sighs softly, a bit restless herself. 'I won't...' She calmly followed him and sit just outside in the sand, actually keeping watch as she massaged her hand subtly. 'I feel bad... He really wanted to learn more about magic, but...' She slowly leant back on the boat. 'I guess it'll be just like rocket science these next few days...'

The night had passed by and there were no monsters that reside at the beach that could've attacked them. It was morning and Hira awoke and immediately stood up yawning. "So.. Lily. Let's go?" He looked at Lily with an excited face. There was so much to look forward to, not to mention the dangers ahead. 'If there were anytime to unlock my core, now is that time.' There were no schools his family could afford anyway.

((Sorry... School started here for me and i've been kept busy with last-minute reports and supply-shopping..))

She was half asleep, exhaustion was clearly in her eyes, but she pushes herself up and stretches with a yawn. "Sure... We'll need to tread carefully from here on out..." She removes her cloak and sets it in the boat. "So mana cores... How about we start this way: Do you know what kind of core you have? That could probably help us..."

((Thats fine))

Hira thought about that and looked up humming. "Oh! That I know. I think it was water, my mom said.". Then he gasped, realizing something. "A-Are you going to help me!? Yaay!!". He immediately jumped to a conclusion and jumped around in joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back