• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern my eyes will see only you [private]

WolfWiggs1

she/her—*:・゚✧
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
35495869-47EE-48D8-97F6-85A7A5705A12.jpeg
name: sam vincent
nickname: sammy
birthday: august 8th
zodiac sign: leo
sexuality: pansexual
height: 5’11”
- feisty
- speaks his mind
- he’ll do what he wants
- alpha™
- secret baby and affectionate person
- loves physical touch

Last edited:
MAEVE KING
Find Your Fire

636caa4349c9e5c52505dd74a19adfc5.jpg
Name
Maeve King

Nickname
May or Eve

Birthday
June 6th

Zodiac Sign
Gemini

Sexuality
Pansexual

Height
5’5

Eye Color
Grey Blue

Family
James King (Father, Cop), Elizabeth King (Mother, Model), Max + Jack King (Twin older brothers, both cops), Lilly + Sammy King (Little brother + Sister)

Sweets, Roses, Star Gazing, Rain, The Beach, Camping, Dancing, Dogs, Baking, Cooking, Drawing, painting, and Music

Dislikes
Fake people, Drinking, Smoking, petty people, Spiders, Clowns, Scary Movies, Fish, and Cats

Personality
Sweet, Caring, Sassy, Quite, Hard Working, and Silly

Other
Two Dogs that she loves very much, the brown one is Cinnamon and the black one is Butch (Both Male dogs)
3f7348d6474f9d7a2fa4c44052aa9beb.jpgf08ad78b85e625c1a4cca8bd87915178.jpg

Has one tattoos on her wrist (Left hand)
e2d2cb13f0b4f7e6095dad04fb4e7542.jpg

Maeve and her family were new to the town of Snow flower, the town surprisingly had a lot of people and the ones they have met so far were very nice. The house they moved into was very nice, there was enough space for everyone and decently enough room for her little brother and sister as well as the dogs. She was used to moving around a lot, it was something they had to do because of her dads job, but he told her that this was the last time they would be moving and that is what she really hoped. The female let out a sigh as she brushed though her long black hair, today was going to be her first day at Rose high and she was nervous. The only friend she had managed to make was a girl names Olivia, they lived across from each other so they got to talk a little bit. Maeve quickly put on her outfit for school, she looked at herself in the mirror one time then gathered all of her school things into her bag.

She walked downstairs into the living room where her father was waiting for her, he was in his uniform for work, he looked over at her and they both smiled at each other. "Are you ready to go? you do not want to be late for your first day." she rolls her eyes "Dad I can just drive myself to school." he chuckled "I know Eve but since it's your first day I want to take you, I think you coming to a new school in November will be good you needed better friend." Maeve shook her head not saying anything to his comment. They both walked out to his patrol car and got it, the school was a very show drive, about two minutes driving. Maeve was not sure what to think, this was a new school and it was in November and she knew everyone already had their groups of friends.

She bit the inside of her cheek as her dad parked in front of the school, she watched as some kids looked over at the police car sitting in front of the school. Her Blue-grey orbs looked over at her father with a small smile on her face "Thank you for the ride, I will see you later." he nods as she get out of the car, she threw her bag over her shoulders and walked into the school. Some of the students looked over at her and started whispering to each other, she was not sure where to go but Olivia walked over to her and walked her to the library. "Don't be scared Maeve, I know it's your first day but since we have all our classes together we can just stick together." Said Olivia with a smile "Thank you so much Olivia.​

Sam hated school like most teens. He much rather watch what his dad does or help him in some way. His father being the mafia boss lead to strict rules around the house. Sam couldn’t have people over and if anyone asked about his father, he had to tell them that his father was a traveling businessman. His father had people over at several times, but Sam was never allowed to listen to their meetings or ask them any questions about the mafia. It was important to Sam’s father that his son held a good image. One slip up from Sam could get them both in trouble. If Sam was with his friends, Sam had to be home early. His father didn’t trust him to not do some dumb teenager things.

On the positive side, Sam’s father brought in a lot of money. The eighteen year old was a fashionable guy and looked expensive no matter where he went. For school that day, he had a loose black silk button down on that was tucked into black ripped skinny jeans. He had black and white converse on, the pair slightly dirty from nights he strayed into the woods with friends. For accessories, he had a silver chain around his neck and silver rings on a few of his fingers. He drove a maroon Toyota Camry. His father didn’t get a car super nice to not seem that suspicious. They couldn’t make themselves that noticeable.

His morning at the school was spent with a girl in the backseat of their car. They were just starting their make out session when Sam noticed the cop car in the parking lot. His heart jumped and he freaked out immediately. He just knew he was fucked. “Shit.” He muttered. “Get out.” He snapped at the girl and she looked at him confused. “Get the fuck out.” He snapped at her again and she reacted then, obediently listening to him and getting out of his car with her backpack. Luckily, they had just started and she didn’t look too suspicious. Sam was used to making out with a girl in his car, but cops didn’t usually show up like this.

Sam watched the cop car and was surprised to see a girl get out instead. He really liked what he saw as well. Sam was happy that every girl seemed to flock to him. He was glad that his dad didn’t check his phone. Sam would surely be dead if he did. The boy got out of the car as soon as the cop car left. He didn’t want to take any chances. Sam put his backpack on and started walking into the school. Something in him really wanted to just go find the girl and talk to her. He ran into his friends anyway and quickly caught them up with how his morning went as they walked to class. Even his friends admired how Sam could get any girl he wanted. Once in class, the four sat next to each other like usually expected.

"One think I must say before I get you to our first class, be carful around Sam he is the most wanted guy around this school if you know what I mean." Maeve nodded, it was good to know who to stay away from so she did not get herself mixed up with that person. Her father was a cop and not many people liked that because they liked to drink and smoke, her dad just happened to be the person that would arrest them if they got caught. She ran her fingers through her hair then the bell began to ring, she took a deep breath before walking with Olivia to class. Her new friend sat down while Maeve was stopped by the teacher, they shook hands and he kept her up in fount of the room. Once the last bell rang and everyone was sitting the teacher began to talk.

"Alright class we have a new student, would you like to introduce yourself?" Maeve nodded and looked over at the class who was looking at her "My name is Maeve and I just moved here." She was not sure what else she could say about herself.

"Could you gave us one fun fact about yourself?" He asked looking at her, she thought for a second because she had no fun facts about her and she was not about to tell her whole class that her dad and brothers were cops. "I have no fun fact about myself." He smiled a little "That's fine, you can just take a seat next to Olivia." Maeve smiles a little then quickly goes to sit by Olivia, she just could not figure out why she was so nervous about saying a couple of things about herself. She let out a sigh, she knew all she had to do was get through today and she was going to be fine. Maeve leaned back into her chair then crossed her arm listening to what the teacher had to say.

Sam could feel his heart race when he saw the mystery girl. He noticed how she was next to Olivia, and he knew her for sure. They had a history that probably made Olivia hate him now. He didn’t care that much. It was far back enough that he was past it, and hopefully she was too. One of Sam’s friends who sat directly next to him, nudged Sam as the new girl walked to the front of the room with the teacher. Sam swatted Adam’s hand and paid attention to the mystery girl.

Sam had never been this captivated by a girl before. She was different than other girls to him. He liked her name as well. Meave and Sam sounded nice together. Whenever she sat down, Sam got his stuff out and quickly sent Olivia a text. He was nice to her, so maybe she could help him this one time. “How do you know the new girl?” Sam texted Olivia. He focused on taking notes since he tried to stay on the teacher’s good side. He never knew what to expect to come this way to get him out of trouble somehow.

As soon as class was over, Sam packed his stuff up pretty quickly. He needed to go talk to Meave and get to know her somehow. Even just her number would be a win for him. He skipped trying to talk to his friends and went into the hallway to find Meave. As soon as he saw her, he rushed her way. “Hey, Meave.” He said and walked beside her. “How are you liking it here so far?” Sam asked her.

Maeve payed attention the whole class, though she had no idea what they were even learning but she took as many notes as she could. The school did not really give her any of the work she needed to work on to catch up, but she was going to need to figure something out. So far her first class was going great she just hoped that the rest of her classes would be like that, this was her senior year and she had to start it out with no friends. Her mom was in Paris for another month for her modeling job, she was a big time model so Maeve was used to her mom, brothers, and dad being gone so she had to take care of her little brother and sister.

Olivia felt her phone buzz and she looked down at it, she rolled her eyes and texted Sam back. "She lives in the house across from me." then she put her phone away, Maeve looked over at her and smiled a little then turned her attention back to the teacher. It was hard not knowing anything about the place she was now living in, but as time went on and she put herself out there she was hoping to make more friends and put a good label on her families last name. But for now she was going to keep to herself, she needed time to see what kind of people go to the school.

Once class was over she put her things back in her bag and walked out of the class with Olivia, she had no idea where anything was so Olivia was her guide until she was dragged away by her friends leaving Maeve alone. She heard a males voice, she looked over to her side and saw where the voice was coming from. She did his his face once and that was in the first class she had, "I um I guess I'm liking it pretty good so far, it's weird since I know no one here and the only person that I kind of know is gone so I have no idea where I'm going next."

Sam was glad Meave was alone. If Olivia was here, the situation might be worse. She was so gorgeous to Sam. Nothing else mattered at the moment except for her. He listened to her and decided he really wanted to help her. How hard would it be to show someone around? “I’m glad you’re liking it so far. My name’s Sam, and now you know someone else here.” He told Meave and gave her a smile. “What’s your schedule? I can walk you there and show you where your other classes are.” Sam offered with a smile. Anything really where they could spend time together would be worth it.

Meave was so different. He wanted to do everything with her and sit next to her in every class. Sam would do anything to make sure they had the same schedule. He wanted to be around her and only her for a while. Sam remembered this morning how she got out of a cop car. He wanted to figure that out. “Didn’t you get out of a cop car this morning?” Sam asked. “Did you just get out of jail or something? I’ll keep it a secret, I promise.” Sam added quietly. He really liked Meave. She was so much fun already to him and they had barely talked. Meave was his new drug.

Maeve was not sure what to think about this guy, he looked like a jerk and the kind of guy that would play girls. It was hard to know if he was the kind of guy she was thinking or he just looked like that and was a nice person. When she heard his name she remembered that Olivia said to be carful with him, she was going to be nice but try and not talk to him that much. Maeve was a nice person, she would keep talking to you unless you do something to tick her off. "It's nice to meet you Sam." She said with a smile on her face, she reached into the back pocket of her jeans and pulled out a folded piece of paper. "That has all my classes on it, if you want to take a look." She was glad he was willing to help her find the right classes. "The next class is art I think." She said looking at him, a small smile on her face.

She bit her bottom lip a little when he asked her out when she got out of the cop car, she did not want to tell him that it was her dad. She did not know if he would go around school and tell everyone she has a dad cop, but she was not about to lie to him. She let out a sigh befor speaking "Um no...it was my dad dropping me off at school, he just happens to be a cop." She said as she looked away, that line was always the one that made her lose potential friends and by now she was used to it.

Sam looked over Maeve's classes when she handed him the schedule. He thought it was cool that she was an artsy person. He was never good with that kind of stuff, but it was nice to watch. Maybe he could watch Maeve paint or draw something at some point. "Art it is." He confirmed and looked at the room number. "We're close by. I took art freshman year since we have to have a fine arts credit, and I wasn't about to join choir or drama." Sam told Maeve. This girl made him feel so comfortable. He wondered what other secret powers she had.

Maeve explaining that her dad was a cop made a lot more sense. "Oh, okay." He said. He could tell she was somewhat embarrassed by it since she looked away. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I'll keep my promise to not tell anyone." Sam told her and gave her a smile. He felt like things were going well. Her father being a cop scared Sam just a bit though. He was more worried about their dads meeting or just hearing about each other. Sam would be in so much trouble either way. He liked Maeve too much to push her away though.

Sam realized how close they were to her next class and needed to figure out a way he could see her again. "If can give you my number in case you need help finding your place around again. I don't mind at all." Sam said. "If you ever need a ride home, I don't mind doing so either. I get it that riding in a cop car may not seem cool to everyone. Not saying that your dad's not cool, I'm sure he's fun, but teenagers are teenagers."

No one else in her family liked art as much as she did, she was the only person in her family they could draw and paint. Both her parents put her in art classes because they know that is something that she likes, she does not let many people see the things she draws or paints but her parents have a couple of her paintings laying around. "Art is a good choice, you do not have to really do much but draw, but I guess that depends on the school you're going to." Now she was wondering why Olivia was telling her to stay away from Sam, he seemed like a nice guy so far.

Maeve tucked some hair behind her ear as she looked back over at Sam, she smiled a little "It's ok, most people when I say that they stop talking to me because my dad is a cop but then they also find out my two brothers are as well. I know it's scary but they are really nice people is if they like you." What she said was true, her brothers and dad had to meet the guys and girls she was talking to, to make sure that they would not get her into any trouble. Sometimes it bothered her because she would lose a good friend but she knows that they are just making sure that she is safe.

"Well I have to walk home, I have to pick up my little brother and sister from the Elementary school everyday because my mom is working in Paris and my dad as well as my brothers are working. So I'm busy taking care of them, now that I think of it it's going to be hard to do my own work when I need to help them." She did not think of her own work that she was going to need to do when she agreed to watch over her little siblings, she took out out a pen from her back pocked and took his wrist. Maeve wrote her number down on his wrist, once she was done she let go of his hand then put the pen away. "You can just have mine, I forget to text people sometimes so it would be better for you to have mine." She said with a smile.

Sam hoped Maeve wasn't waiting for the boy to leave her alone. Part of him was considering switching classes to join Maeve in art. Anything to get out of boring history lectures and spend more time Maeve. Just hearing her talk about art class made Sam think that she was better than everyone else in the class. She was probably outstanding and everything she drew or painted was just as gorgeous as she was. He looked back at Maeve when she started talking about her cop family again. Now, not only did he have to pass the dad test, but also the brother test as well. This was a lot harder than it should've been. "I'll never push you away because of a job your family has. You are your own person. I'm not letting them define who you are." Sam told Maeve and gave her a smile. Hopefully, he would have a warning before he ever ran into her dad or brothers.

The young man was taking notes in his head. It sounded like she was home with her younger siblings a lot. If he could win over their love, Maeve would like him, right? Sam was already daydreaming about everything he could do with Maeve and or her younger siblings. Surprisingly, he felt ready to meet her siblings. The younger ones, at least. Sam was taken by surprise when she suddenly grabbed his arm. He felt like a middle school boy kissing a girl he liked for the first time. He watched her write down her number, fireworks going off in his head. This was the best day ever. Sam looked up and realized they were at the art class now. "Here we are. I guess you don't need me now." Sam chuckled. "I'll talk to you later. Don't be scared to send me pictures of anything you make in art class." Sam told Maeve and waved goodbye before walking off.

Sam immediately got his phone and put her number in as soon as he was away from Maeve. He didn't want to make her think that he wasn't focused on her, but he also just wasn't sure what kind of notifications he would have on his phone. Sam began working a text to Maeve quickly and ignored all the texts he had from his dad and friends. "hey! i saw we also have our last class for the day together. doesn't hurt to start and end the school day together haha. i really don't mind giving you and your siblings a ride home. it's better than walking. if you ever need help with things around the house or watching your siblings, I'll gladly help any time. if your dad needs to interview me, that's fine lol. i just want to help you in anyway i can." Noah really hoped she didn't think he was trying to get her to do something for him. He wasn't, he was just trying to romance her. Once at his class, he sat down at one of the desks and got ready for notes. He didn't have any friends in this class, but he didn't mind too much.

Back at her old school she had really good grades, they were straight A's mostly so that she could have more time to do what she pleased and so that she could put all her attention on her siblings once she got home. One of the other reasons of why she took art is because it was a super easy class, all you really had to do was draw whatever the teacher told you to draw then turn it in. Her smile became bigger when he told her that he was not going to let her dad or brothers job define her. "Well thank you, you're the first person to ever say that to me." Now she did see herself talking more to Sam, but she was going to be carful because she knows how people can just pretend to be nice then turn on you when you let them in.

Maeve now realized she probably should have asked him to write her number on his wrist but she could tell he did not mind, her father would probably not like that she gave her number to some guy but she did not really care. She was glad she knew at least on more person, she really did not need any friends because she liked to keep to herself but it was always good to know a person or two. "Thank you for the help Sam, if it was not for you I would probably be lost." She was never one to share her art because she think it's no good, when he said don't be scared to send him a picture of her art all she could do was smile and rolled her eyes. Maeve waves goodbye back to him before walking into the class, she found a seat in the back and sat down.

When Maeve felt her phone buzz she took it out and opened the message, she giggled a little to herself then quickly texted him back. "Walking is good for you and I live like two minutes away from the school so I do not mind walking at all. Thank you for the offer I will have to keep that in mind, my little brother would probably like to hangout with another guy then me and my little sister. You do not have to worry about my Dad, as long as you do not get arrested by him or my brothers then you should be fine." She sent the text then put her phone away, the teacher did a little bit of talking about a project they will be working on for the next week then everyone began to work on it, trying to find out what they want to do. Maeve had no idea what she was wanting to do but she needed to figure it out.

Sam looked at his phone whenever he felt the buzz. He read Maeve's response and was surprised that he was so upset she turned him down on the offer. He was willing to do almost anything just to spend time with her and get to know her. Hearing her talk about how her younger brother might like a guy to hangout with made him feel better. At least getting through to the kids was working out. Maybe he would have to become best friends with her younger brother before getting super close to Maeve. the mention of her dad and older brothers reminded Sam how he needed to be on his best behavior even around Maeve. He probably shouldn't try to risk anything or ask weird questions.

All day, Sam had just wanted to talk to Maeve. She controlled his brain now somehow and he was never going to think right again. At lunch, all he talked about was her to his friends. His friends weren't surprised he was having so much success. Sam was just worried about the gossip part now. He was a prick sometimes, but he could be equally as kind. He never thought that he would meet someone as special as Maeve, so he didn't care what girls thought about him in the past. It mattered a lot to him now though. If she heard anything bad about him, she might hate him forever.

On his way to his last hour, he talked to his friend, Luke, on the way there. Luke was hoping that the upcoming weekend they could have a party of some sorts. Sam wasn't completely sold, but he never always was anyway. He didn't know what his dad's schedule would be and he needed to work around that. He also needed to think about Maeve and if he should risk it. If they were caught by her dad or brothers, he would have to kiss the dream of talking to Maeve goodbye. Sam was looking forward to seeing Maeve again in his last hour. He put his stuff down on his desk and Luke sat behind him. They talked while waiting for class to start.

Maeve was hoping to talk to Olivia at lunch time and talk to her about Sam, she could tell Olivia knew a lot about him and she just really wanted to know more about him. She ended up talking to some of the people she shared a table with in art, they liked some of the other things that she enjoyed doing and they all bonded over the same interests. She was happy she was making a lot of new friends in her art class but all she could really think about is Sam, all she really knew was his name and that was really not enough for her. He seemed like the kind of guy that her little brother would want to hangout with, it was always just the three of them and the two dogs, he was not much into doing what the girls wanted to do.

At lunch Maeve managed to find Olivia she sat with them and was happily welcomed into their group, that is when all the questions about Sam started coming out of her mouth. Everyone told her a lot of things, that was when she found out he had a thing with Olivia a while back and was not a very good person to be around. Maeve was honestly not sure what to think, he was so nice to her, way different then what everyone was telling her so she was not sure what to believe. She also found out he was the kind to go from one girl to another, now she was regretting giving him her number or even being nice to him. She did not want to talk to someone that was probably just going to use her, for the rest of lunch he was all she could think about and now she was going to get him out of her head.

It turns out that one of the guys in Olivia's group has the same last period as her so she though why not walk to class with him, she met up with him at his locker and walked with him to class. He seemed like a very nice guy so she was wanting to get to know him a little more, now she was debating weather or not she should say something to Sam or ignore him. As she walked into class with her new friend Alex she did not even look over at Sam, she did sit next to Alex and they started talking before class began.

Sam kept looking at the door for when Maeve walked in. He wanted to talk to her again. He kept talking to Luke while he waited the Sam fell silent when Maeve walked in and tried to not noticeably watch her. Seeing the other guy with her made Sam incredibly jealous. He barely even knew that guy, but he still didn't like seeing him next to Maeve. If he could just suffer through this one class, maybe he could last long enough to talk to Maeve after class. It bothered Sam not knowing what she knew about him. He didn't want to ask her because that would be suspicious, but he didn't want to freak himself out for the whole day either.

Sam barely could pay attention in class. He was way too stressed about Maeve. Sam was counting down the seconds for class to be over so he could talk to Maeve again. All he wanted to do was talk to her and try to make up for whatever she knew now. As soon as the bell rang, Sam started getting his things together and rushed into the hallway to find Maeve. Once he spotted her, he felt somewhat relieved. Sam rushed to her side and gave Maeve a smile. "Hey! How was your first day?" He asked. Sam was just happy to be with her again. He forgot all about how she might know a bunch of stuff about him that he doesn't want her knowing. Maeve made him feel so oddly relaxed. He wanted to talk to her for forever.

Maeve felt bad for not saying anything to him but she needed to think things over before she took the time to talk to Sam about everything she was told, sure he was an attractive person so she could get why he had girls falling all over him but why he chose to do things with them. Class went by without a problem, she tried very hard not to look over at Sam trying not to be weird. But she could not pay attention at all, right now Sam was the only thing on her mind and she really wanted to think of other things. She ran her fingers though her hair as she took some notes for the class, for the last twenty minutes she was able to focus on her work.

Once the bell rang she put all her thing into her bag and left the class, hoping that she would not run into Sam on her way out but when she heard his voice she bit the inside of her cheek. "Oh um hey...It was pretty good I guess, I made a couple of new friends." She said not even bothering to look at him "Look Sam you seem like a very nice guy but...I have been told so much and I'm not really sure what to believe, you really seem like someone I would want to hangout with but I really don't think it's a good idea for me to be talking to you." As she walked outside a group of girls came rushing over to Sam blocking his path, Maeve did not want to risk being late to pick up her siblings so she just kept walking.

Sam could tell this wasn't going to go well when he noticed that she wouldn't even look at him. He felt his heart drop as he listened to her. He had never been turned down before. It hurt even worse when it came from Maeve. He felt embarrassed to be told that stuff he had done in the past were why she didn't like him. "Maeve, please. Give me a chance." Sam begged her. He wanted to say more, but a group of girls got in his way and didn't want to let him go. He gave up on trying to talk to Maeve for now.

Sam didn't smile at the girls, but he talked to them to be nice. He went to his car after a while and texted his friend group to see what they had planned for tonight. Sam started his day feeling great, but he was feeling the total opposite now. Sam drove home and his dad wasn't there, thankfully. His dad didn't want him doing dumb teenager stuff with his friends, but he was fine with Sam doing that stuff at home on his own. Sam poured himself a drink and also lit a cigarette as he watched TV. He could've had a worse day, right? His mom dying wasn't less painful than this. He would be just fine. Him and his friends decided they could get high and drunk tonight and Sam was lucky enough that his dad told him he could stay out later with his friends. His father had some extra work he needed to take care of. Still, Sam was still thinking about Maeve, even when his friends picked him up.

"I'm sorry Sam I can't." Was the last thing she said to him before walking off, it did not take her long to get to her siblings school. After she got there she only had to wait five minutes before both of them came running over to her with smiles on their faces, she give them both hugs and took their hands as they started their walk home. Just seeing her younger siblings smile made her day much better, but every now and then her mind kept drifting off to Sam but she knew her mind needed to be on her family right now so she put that problem away.

Once they got home she gave both of them a snack and let Cinnamon and Butch run outside in their backyard, She leaned into counter of the kitchen. She took her phone out of her back pocket and opened Sam's contact, she wanted to say something to him but she knew that was not the best idea at the moment after everything she said. After an hour of being home with her siblings her two older brothers came home, they were not done with work but they wanted to check up on everyone and see if Maeve needed anything. Lilly and Sammy wanted to go to the park so she put them both in the back of her dads truck along with the two dogs and headed off to find a park. Sam was still on her mind but she was not going to let it bother her.

After about an hour and a half of drinking and getting high, Sam was feeling pretty okay. If he brought up Maeve, his friends would do anything to distract him and keep his mind off of the girl that broke his heart. Sam was glad he had friends like this. He knew he could tell them everything and they wouldn't care about anything he did. Sam kept checking his phone, eventually making his friends take away his phone because they didn't want him distracted. His goal at that point was to get his phone back.

Sam stopped drinking at some point because he didn't want to be caught by his dad. He started thinking about Maeve again and remembered how much she meant to him. When his friends weren't looking, Sam got his phone back and went to Maeve's contact. He lied to his friends and told them he was getting a call from his dad. Sam walked off from his friends and somewhere quieter. He called Maeve and hoped she would answer. If he was still thinking about her, maybe they could fix this, right? Something in him wanted to believe that they would work.

After an hour and a half of playing at the park she decided to go to the store to grab a couple of things, she made sure the windows were rolled down enough for the dogs but not enough people will reach their hand in to pet them. Maeve took the hands on her siblings and walked into the store, they picked up a couple of things then headed on home. By the time they were home it was seven, she put Lilly and Sammy to bed and took time to herself now that they were sleeping. She sat on the couch and turned on the TV and flipped through the channels until she found a show that she liked, she let out a sigh as she leaned into the leather couch.

Maeve stood up and walked over the her fridge, she got out a bottle of mango juice and took a sip from it then walked back over and sat on the couch. She had no idea when her dad or brothers were going to be home but she needed to stay up long enough for them to get home, this was led to her sometimes falling asleep in her classes. She could feel her phone buzzing right next to her, she picked it up and saw Sam's name and she froze for a second before answering the call and putting it up to her ear. "Hello?" is all she said into her phone, she was not sure what else she could say but she wanted to know why he called her.

Sam was so scared what Maeve was going to say. He just knew that she would scream at him or ignore his phone call. He was expecting the worst and didn’t want to get his hopes up. As soon as he heard Maeve’s voice, the young man’s face lit up. “Hey, Maeve.” He greeted. Sam started pacing, already stressed about how this would go. “I keep thinking about earlier today when you said you didn’t think it would be a good idea to talk to me... I’m sorry.” Sam apologized. He meant it too. “I know I’ve done some dumb stuff and it’s okay for girls to be mad at me. I know a lot of girls are, and I know they’ve already caught you up on everything.” Sam told Maeve. Him being crossed was making him a bit more vulnerable and willing to open up.

Sam bit his lip momentarily. “I get it that you probably don’t trust me at all. I just want you to give me a chance. You’ll see a side of me that no one else really sees.” Sam said. “You can always ask me questions about anything that you hear about me. I don’t mind at all. Even if your dad and brothers ever have questions, I’ll answer honestly. I want to make things right with you.” He was really trying to make it clear that he was willing to be an open book with Maeve. Sam really wanted to make it up to Maeve in any way possible. She was too special to not have in his life somehow.

Maeve listened to Sam as he talked, she would listen to everything he had to say because she needed to hear both sides. Growing up both of her parents always told her don't go of something that other people told you, if you want to know the truth go the the source of the problem. She did not see Sam as a problem but everything that she was told was a problem, he played girls all the time without really even caring about their feelings. She has had one relationship in the past and the guy did the same thing to her, while they were dating and even after they broke things off. Maybe Sam has changed a little, people do change a lot in a short amount of time but for others it takes a lot of time and she knew that would be the case for Sam.

"Sam how do I really know that you mean what you say? you have played so many girls at the school I really do not see how I am going to be any different." Maeve let out a sigh as she ran her fingers through her hair "If you really mean what you say Sam I'm going to need you to prove it to me, I need to see it before I start trusting you. When I start seeing changes then I will talk to you and maybe we can see what the future holds for us." She wanted to see him change for the better, she was just not sure if he was willing to change for the better.

Sam’s heart was racing as he listened to Maeve. He was really hoping for the best, but it seemed like that would be hard to get at this point. Hearing he would have to prove himself was what Sam expected. He just needed to think of how he could do that now. Sam needed to do some things to gain her trust somehow. He started thinking about everything he needed to quit doing in order to prove that he was different. It was a lot the more he thought about it. He’ll probably have to quit smoking and drinking already, and maybe it wouldn’t be too bad to delete some texts on his phone.

The threat of Maeve leaving his life forever was enough to make Sam change. “I’ll prove to you that I’m different, I swear.” He said. “If you ever needed help with anything, and I mean anything, keep me in mind.” Sam was really happy he was being given this chance. He felt beyond lucky that he would be able to prove himself somehow. The boy smiled a bit as he got a bit hopeful this would work out for him. “If the offer to be friends with your little brother is still available, I’ll take it.” He said. “I’ll be good and I promise to make sure he stays out of trouble as well.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back