• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Mutation Roleplay?

As a roleplayer, what sorts of things do you like the most in horror RPs?

• Gore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Death

• Drama

• Plot

• Emotional Connections

• Sudden Plot Twists

• Mental Diseases

• The Supernatural

• Total voters

OutofSight OutofMind

Tokyo Teddy Bear
Hello! Would anyone out there be willing to do a RP with a sort of mutation virus? My idea is that there is a spreading disease that causes people to grow things like extra eyes, horns, wings, and that sort of thing. For the plot, I was considering it simply being trying to cure yourself. It seems that the sick have started banding together as far away from society as they can. But I'm open to any suggestions you may have!

(I've altered my idea a good bit from the earlier version, so I hope this one will be more successful.)

Here's my starter post-thingy.

You sit alone on your bed, right home from your trip to the hospital. The results were positive, you think to yourself in disbelief. The small bluish bump on your arm was infected with the unnamed virus, and now you're at your home to collect a few belongings before it spreads, and becomes obvious. When it became obvious, that small fraction of the city that believed that killing all it's victims would keep it from spreading would come after you. You just had to escape before that could happen.

Pulling your laptop over to yourself, you quickly go over to your email account to send out a few goodbyes. It was then you noticed a email from some random address, the subject being 'I Heard You Were Sick'. You click it open warily, and soon enough you find yourself clicking a link leading to a website for everyone that was sick. Hmm... so, they're all meeting up and banding together to find a cure? You begin to search for a group close to your home, and soon enough, you're on your way to find the near group of the mutated.

Sweet! I'm looking forward to this, and I think I'll make the thread if we can get one more person.

Bump. Still looking for one more player at least before I go ahead and make the thread.

Alright! It seems it's time for me to set up a thread, and I'll post again with a link soon!

Thank each and every one of you so much for agreeing to join!

@Isune I don't mind, not one bit! Personally, I would love to see characters screwed up to no end with what's going on!

@pokemariofan64 I like the base idea for that one, but I'm looking for something with a very clear ring to it. Do you have any other ideas?

Alright, I'm going to construct the thread quite soon. I'm really excited for this, and I hadn't expected so many players! But until then, here's the character sheet if you would want to start writing it while I set it up. Also, still searching for titles.

QUOTE *optional*

NAME

SEXUALITY

SYMPTOMS

PHYSICAL CHANGES

BEFORE SICKNESS APPEARANCE

ONE WORD DESCRIPTION

PERSONALITY

DISLIKES

WEAPON

EXTRA INFORMATION

Id be very interested in this if its ok. and if your still looking fro a title, how about Cure? plan and simple.

I'm interested. Maybe the group of infected had two parts: one that is seeking the cure as its primary objective, they think that the Mutagen is some kind of curse. And the others that think it's more like a blessing, something that they think it's a tool to achieve greatness. The virus name can be Chimera, and the RP name can be something like "Chimera's Den: Mutants and Survivors" or something like this.

Also, I don't think "Sexuality" is needed in a character sheet, I mean, normally people doesn't go up to someone and says "Hi, my name's [Name] and I'm [sexuality]. Let the players interpretate this part. The same can be said to the Likes and Dislikes part. Let only the past of the character be in the sheet. If you want I could help you build it.

Thank you for your suggestions. I do like the idea of the title of the virus being called 'Chimera', and I think I'll take your advice on that and have it be the term used by the group of infected. And yes, some characters do see it as a blessing as well! As for the character sheet, I was trying to incorporate sorts of things most roleplayers that I know ask in theirs, so I apologize. I do know most people don't particularly ask or easily say that sort of thing, but I will add in more optionals when I put up the final thread. Thank you for offering to help, as well. I'll PM you if I need help or critique.

Nah, don't need to apologize. You're doing an incredible job on the idea and the set up. Keep up, and I'm here to help with whatever I can.

I like Chimera. beasts that were composed of different parts of different beasts. it fits. question, with these new appendages/eyes/ physical adaptation, im assuming that abilities such as running and jumping could possibly become stronger or better? mutated legs=jump higher or run faster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back