• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Musical Cravings

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜

• "I am a diamond
    And diamonds
    are forever."
    -Sabrina Carpenter

coded by weldherwings.

Rules
Hey there! I've decided to dedicate this thread to roleplays that are inspired by songs I like/listen to. You can find my main thread here if you're interested in my regular roleplay plots and such. Just a quick walkthrough of what I'm wanting from these:

01. Detail. Doesn't mean I want a novel for every post, but put work and detail into your responses.

02. No controlling my character.

03. Don't be selfish.

04. I will be playing the female in these, but doubling is a possibility 99% of the time. I love playing multiple characters.

05. Romance is a definite must for me 99% of the time.

06. Be okay with mature themes. I love darker plots with other themes mixed in, so keep that in mind.

07. These are just potential ideas. Feel free to share anything you may feel when you listen to the song. Hell, feel free to share songs with me.

08. Mostly, I prefer to roleplay in modern [slice of life] or modern supernatural [/fantasy] settings. Those are the ideas I like best, but feel free to suggest otherwise.

Detailed Plot Ideas
ILYSB - LANY
Potential Plot:
So this can go in a few directions I feel, but overall I'm getting some obsession vibes. Perhaps YC and MC are strangers, or attend the same school, or are even friends. YC has feelings for MC, but they're not reciprocated, but YC is determined to gain MC's attention. Gifts, flowers, notes of affection, perhaps? Or we can go darker with it and have some kidnapping involved. Open to ideas!

-----------------------------------

When We Were Young - Andy Black ft. Juliet Simms
Potential Plot:
YC and MC had some sort of relationship as kids/teens. Doesn't necessarily have to be a relationship, like dating, it could be anything from dating, to friendship, to even enemies. Whatever they were, there were feelings there. Strong ones. For whatever reason, MC left town probably shortly after graduating high school, maybe even sooner. Our characters lost touch, but they never forgot about each other. Years later, MC returns, only to run into YC. So much has changed, but their feelings are still there. Can they overcome how much has changed? [SO MUCH POSSIBLE ANGST]

Wildest Dreams - Taylor Swift
Potential Plot:
YC and MC are both famous, or rising in fame. Models, actors, singers, whatever we want. One thing they have in common is that they are both hell to work with. But their producers have gotten together and are determined to make this newest project, where they both star, work. When our characters meet, sparks fly, but not the good kind. While there is mutual attraction, their pride and stubborn ways get in the way of them getting along. Their project begins a tumulus relationship between them; can they make things work, or will their fame go up in flames?
[Possible options:
1. They have to start a fake relationship
2. They actually know each other, possibly from childhood or a previous failed relationship]

Better Than I Know Myself - Adam Lambert
Potential Plot:
For this I don't have just one idea. This song and video, to me, is about some sort of internal struggle. Or external, for that matter. I have quite a few ideas for this, really. Someone dealing with some sort of mental illness, PTSD, something like that. Someone used to be one person, but something happened and now they have to struggle everyday to keep a normal face on. Or we could go the supernatural route, and maybe two people were friends (friends, bf/gf, etc.) and one got changed into a werewolf or vampire or something, and now they have to do the same thing. Anyway we can definitely chat about ideas if you have any if you listen to the song!

Heathens - Twenty One Pilots
Potential Plot:
"Why'd you come, you knew you should have stayed. I tried to warn you just to stay away. And now they're outside ready to bust... It looks like you might be one of us." When I hear that line, I think something gang related. Maybe YC has been a part of the gang life his whole life; it's all he knows. MC is relatively good, and doesn't know anything about the underground life. They meet and hit it off, but before they know it, shit gets real and deep. YC knows he needs to cut her loose from his life, but MC doesn't want to leave. And if she won't leave... she'll have to join. Whether that be joining his gang, or getting kidnapped by a rival gang and just becoming a part of the life, or something else is up to us.

Plot Bunnies
Criminal - Britney Spears
Potential Plot:
So I'm thinking that the girl in this plot is of higher class. A princess, or just a socialite/rich girl. She is expected to do things how she's told and be where she's told to be at a specific time. Her whole life is planned out, and then she meets the guy. He's a rebel, a badass, who doesn't live for anyone but himself. They meet, sparks fly, and he shows her that she can take control of her own life.

Don't Stop Believing - Glee Cast
Potential Plot:
Something Glee inspired would be super cool. School for the gifted/talented in the arts? All that drama? Yes please.

Sociopath - Olivia O'Brien
Potential Plot:
From this I get dark vibes, for sure. Not much of a detailed plot idea but give me all the dark stuff!

Possible Plots
Russian Roulette - Rihanna
Potential Plot:
[MC] feels as though she has the perfect life. Perfect family, perfect friends, perfect boyfriend. She loves her job. One day, everything changes. She meets [YC]. A simple chance encounter, something to be forgotten-- or so she thought. Her perfect life is shattered when her boyfriend, best friend, someone in her family goes missing. There is only a note addressed to her, that she must join [YC] wherever, to get him/her/them back. She goes to the expected address, alone as directed, and come to find out it's all a big game. One she must play in order to get her loved one back. If she refuses, or if she loses... they lose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back