Music music tastes?

I would say anything that isn't what kids listen to this days but I'd be lying if I said I didn't listen to some of them (note "some). I do enjoy music that has meaningful lyrics, not just songs that children head bop or twerk to, something with a meaning you can get attached to and get so attached to you make it a life goal to do what that song is about (example is Marina And The Diamonds. I have not been on this forum for an hour and I've already mentioned Marina thrice)

I personally love listening to soundtracks, especially if they're in a very meaningful moment in the videogame/tv show/movie. It's like re-living that moment and going 'ahh...' I don't know, I'm a bit odd. It helps if the music is ridiculously up-lifting in a whimsical sort of way, like the How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack, or the orchestrated version of The Last Airbender theme.

The Undertale soundtrack is p bomb, but if you haven't played or know of the game, it wouldn't have the same effect (still nice to listen too though). If you wanna get into new music, you could always listen to songs in different languages: Mariachi, French trap music, Gaelic, Polish rap groups, folk songs, etc.
The important thing when delving into new music is to close your eyes and listen. Take in all it has to offer and make a meaning for yourself out of it.

Listen to some Ost? Soundtracks from your favorite show! They're actually pretty great! My favorite song so far is Call of Silence by Hiroyuki Sawano

I recently got into some musicals since I saw "Grease" in my local theater. I just have so much fun listening to them.

My music taste is a garbage fire but anyways, I like
band - fav song - genre
Tunng - Bullets - folktronica
Bloc Party - I Still Remember - indie rock
The Decemberists - This is why we fight - indie folk/baroque pop?
11 Acorn Lane - Let's Face It, I'm Cute - electro swing
Bear's Den - Above the Clouds of Pompeii - folk rock
Menomena - Five Little Rooms - experimental
White Town - Your Woman - electro/alt rock
Danny Schmidt - This Too Shall Pass - folk
Laura Gibson - The Cause - folk
Regina Spektor - One More Time With Feeling - anti-folk/indie pop
Tub Ring - Seven Exodus - experimental/alt rock
Nanci Griffith - Across the Great Divide (Kate Wolf) - country folk
SIAMÉS - The Wolf - rock
Eurythmics - Here Comes the Rain Again - electropop/new wave

Also, OSTs I like are Undertale, Transistor and Bastion.
And Musicals I like are Hamilton and Spring Awakening.

Last edited:
I'm generally all about indie/alternative rock, or anything with a psychedelic twist to it (some of my favorites at the moment are Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Tame Impala, and Dan Deacon). Recently though I've been getting rill rill into jazz and soul music.

PrOgGrEsSiVe RoCk

I mean seriously, are you going to deny that these album covers look bad?

th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th

Nobody does this anymore!

Last edited:
I'm not into rock much but I would to like to suggest two of my current favorites:
Elegant Sister:

Persona 5 OST:

... Hip hop.

Cherry_Bomb_Tyler_the_Creator.png
Tyler, The Creator - Cherry Bomb
1457545381_5bfa421b40977cd6903f3b266dd83c18 (1).jpg
Denzel Curry - Imperial
09e256ce885fe6b3cf181239c3b3231c.1000x1000x1.jpg
A Tribe Called Quest - We got it from here... Thank you 4 your service
Earl_Sweatshirt_Doris.jpg
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
Exmilitary_artwork.png
Death Grips - Exmilitary
AtrocityExhibition (1).jpg
Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
ce4997a0-e384-4c40-982a-4a8da2469bfd.jpg
Big Boi - Boomiverse
OutKastSpeakerboxxxTheLoveBelow-56a7d5003df78cf77299b594.jpg
Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
61uhvrac+sL.jpg
Busts Rhymes - Extinction Level Event
yes-lawd.jpg
NxWorries - Yes Lawd!

All great albums, but may be a bit hard to start with( especially Exmilitary, Atrocity Exhibition & Cherry Bomb ) if you decide to give hip hop a go.

Hip hop- if you like dance beats and etc.
Classic- for eelaxing and study times.
Soul- to really get into
Alternative-if the more popular stuff isnt good.
International- music from other countries other than the U.S.

melodic dubstep/chillstep is pretty good- approaching nirvana (their cinematic soundscape albums are perfection) and koda being my two favourite artists within the genre.
i'm also getting more into indie- eden, veela, killedmyself being among some i love.
of course, i'll always love hollywood undead and mcr.

then again, i'm also trash for some good ass trap music.

i also really enjoy kpop, which some would say discredits any of my musical opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back