Other Murica

Username

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
wow....this is just....wow...i mean....this has just turned into a shit show hasn't it? With the allegations made on trump, which have been confirmed and then the claims trump made in response. It seems to be like trump is finished though, since he lost so much moderate support. That commercial that trump aired earlier was god awful, it was slander in all meanings of the word. I mean, regardless of whether or not Bill Clinton did sexually assault these people, trump putting this in a commercial when there is zero proof and none of these women claimed to have been raped prior is just inappropriate. If they made a legitimate court case, then it'd be different, but the fact that there is just this pretty much leaves it at slander. Of course, tons of people will believe it too. I could've sword that presidential campaigns were supposed to be more respectable than this.

to anyone in the UK....would you consider allowing us to join you again, anything is better than this crap....if you guys say no, maybe the Germans will take us, i heard their country is doing pretty well.

Oh? What commercial, what commercial! :P  

My sympathies are with y'all though. The election this time around is just... Very unfortunately entertaining. And it shouldn't be entertaining! Or even this bigoted, or even this uncouth; "saying it like it is" is all well and good, but there are lines to be drawn and limits that should not be crossed. After all, the President isn't just someone who's meant to be purely efficient and effective - though they're definitely ideal. The President is also someone who's meant to represent the country to the world...! Ah but well, it is what it is. I think it's still possible to be somewhat optimistic about the potential outcome though. Ultimately, the US, if I'm not mistaken, supposedly has several fail-safes to protect against such a candidate... Something about defending against the 'tyranny of the majority'.

Which I also recall was an ironically un-democratic fail-safe within a country that champions democracy so broadly as an ideal

Not going to comment on the election for come what may, it's ultimately fleeting if an international embarrassment. What I WILL comment on is the title of the thread. I despise this slur! I don't live in and love "Murica' "Merica" or anything so crass. I live in and love the United States. To call my country by this name would be self-effacing, an admittance of shame. I am not and will never be ashamed of my country. My government? Frequently. My president? Inevitably. My country though? Never.

>What I think my country would say if it was a person

"You've disappointed me gravely, son. This is why Canada is the favourite."

Last edited by a moderator:
This presidential race has certainly been something. We have one that's being called 'corrupted' and another that's a rich boy 'celebrity'.

How we got to this point- I don't know.

But speaking on commercials, that's certainly where it's come. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who remembers this but I remember when commercials that were trying to gain costumers of the sort were respectable. They didn't bash their competition at all. Then it turned from that to mentioning their competition but never saying their competition and now they have no shame bashing them. 

I guess I'm just trying to say America has gotten very savage (using this in the urban/moderate definition sense) with pretty much everything and it's now reached the Presidential status.

Hey, guys, wanna hitch a ride on Boaty McBoatface to Canada?

(I would say something intellectual, but my derision towards this election prevents me from doing so)

Not going to comment on the election for come what may, it's ultimately fleeting if an international embarrassment. What I WILL comment on is the title of the thread. I despise this slur! I don't live in and love "Murica' "Merica" or anything so crass. I live in and love the United States. To call my country by this name would be self-effacing, an admittance of shame. I am not and will never be ashamed of my country. My government? Frequently. My president? Inevitably. My country though? Never.

It's a joke. Calm down. Lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back