Advice/Help multiple dice interest checks?

caecgirl

since i have no shortage of game ideas should i make multiple dice interest posts to guage interest on a broader scale?

I wouldn’t recommend it. At least not simultaneously. The reasons are diverse, and include…

—> The possibility of crossing the threshold into spam
—> Interest appearing in more ideas than you can actually run, forcing you into the position of telling some people that nah you’re not actually running theirs. Which is not to even mention that running multiple RPs properly, especially for the dice kind, already is quite a bit of work on just a small number, and some mighty overestimate how much they can handle until they are actually in the thick of it. (And if you don’t plan to run the games yourself, then honestly I personally just can’t it as being in good taste to make multiple different interest checks of dumping ideas for someone else to make. At that point, just be patient and see what similar ideas come about. Making an interest check for an idea for someone else to run should be reserved for the kinds of ideas that are both too specific for you to expect them to come about naturally and you have too much of a craving for them to go without. If there are multiple of these I would say they are already disqualified on the last front).
—> Often having a ton of ideas doesn’t necessarily mean all of those ideas are stable enough. If you can’t stay interested in ideas long enough to check them one at a time, then we’re talking about ideas you’d likely grow bored of / lose interest in anyways.

So in group dice RPs, what I would recommend is you choose which ideas you want to try most, and make the interest checks one at a time, making a new one only after a reasonable amount of time has passed and you have concluded there is no not enough interest to pursue that particular idea.

If you want to make it a 1x1 or at least think it could work in 1x1 however, you could just make a single interest check with all of your ideas.

you could just make a single interest check with all of your ideas.
I would recommend doing this if you have multiple rp ideas and are not committed to running any of them yet.

Just to add to what Idea Idea already stated...
Multiple active threads by the same person counts as spam. We do have a 24hour rule (can have only one thread bumped per 24 hours, see Recruitment Rules for more info on that). Considering that Dice section is slower-moving compared to some others it can quickly get out of hand if you post too many threads.
A lot of threads can also throw some people off as they might think that you're spreading yourself too thin as a GM and are not going to commit to any of them.

You can organize your ideas in the thread, for example with Chapters (which is a newly added feature) which will make navigating through them easier for people checking your thread and see which of the plots will get more interest.

You can organize your ideas in the thread, for example with Chapters (which is a newly added feature) which will make navigating through them easier for people checking your thread and see which of the plots will get more interest.

I wonder if this is the is the mod equivalent of when someone in a movie suddenly goes "Man I sure love driving this Ford XYZ." or you see a random poster of another movie by the same director/producer. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back