• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [Multiple 1x1 Roleplay Thread Ideas] - UPDATED 08/03

JesterTone

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello there!

Firstly, thanks for clicking on this and checking it out. I hope to offer some ideas and a general synopsis to some roleplays I would like to run, and will then give a general insight into who I am, how I roleplay, and what I am seeking. For all three ideas I have extensive ideas and backgrounds I can put to them, but I won't bore you with all that first, rather, here are my three ideas I have in mind;

Zombie Apocalypse - this is the most basic of the three roleplays in mind, but one I find leaves itself open to experimenting. I find the best part of apocalyptic roleplays to be the characters, how they fit in the world, how the world has changed them and so on. The zombies are the background threat, a constant that allows the exploration of the characters to flourish. This can be simply two characters, or a whole group that we both control - and of course, death abounds, so that number can grow and shrink quickly.​
Medieval Political Drama - here we have something more about conspiracies, about plotting, about murder and the delicate balance found in a Royal Household. Think Game of Thrones. I love the constant deals going on in the background and the trechery that can be set up early on and take time to come to fruition. This is a roleplay for the devilish tricksters. I have imagined this as you play one main character whilst I tinker around you, trying to draw reactions and see how you progress. But equally, you can spin your own webs and become the puppetmaster. Of course, it may turn into a rather sweet roleplay; more about romance, more about war, more about something else. Message me and we'll work it out.​
Medieval Love - okay, so love is part of it but I didn't want to write 'Medieval Political Drama 2'. Essentially in this, the King is old, and he's dying. The Queen is foreign, their son the natural heir to the throne but those within the realm don't like the idea of having what they see as a 'foreign Prince' on the throne. It is up to the Queen to secure alliances, bargains, pledges to her son and see him take his rightful place on the throne. There is a strong and influencial Royal Advisor, the King's own General, who could be persuaded to join her. Will she use his loyalty to the crown against him? Seduce him? Or perhaps offer him Regent whilst her son becomes King? It's much more focused than the political drama, on a smaller more intimate scale. But we can bulk it out as we so choose, still leaves lots of options open.​
TAKEN - Victorian Magic - finally, something I've ran before in the past on other websites. Imagine the world of Harry Potter met the world of Hans Christian Andersen and the like. Magic meets fantasy, the occult rubs shoulders with fiction. You would play a newcomer to the world, someone who didn't even know magic existed, but now, you are thrust head first into its depths and have to rely on the help of a strange man. Can you trust him? Is he all that he claims to be? Is he just an illusion?
Here I will update a liste of synopses that I hope will take the fancy of someone. Feel free to contact me with interest in any of them or some ideas of your own.

If you have ideas yourself, and want to see if I am interested, a few ideal genre's for me include;

Medieval - from 100 BC onwards, if its swords over guns, I'm here for it​
Fantasy - both high and low, magic and elves or just a unique world you have made up​
Apocalyptic - from zombies to a nuclear doomsday or alien invasion, etc.​
Sci-fi - futuristic, lasers, space ships, from 40K to Star Wars to Star Trek in scope, most anything is possible​
Eldrich Horror - mutants, Cthulu, think film noir, I want foggy backgrounds, mysterious characters, voodoo and rituals galore​
___

A little about me now. I'm 32, male, English, a writer of 18 years experience. I don't claim to be perfect but I do prefer literate roleplays of several paragraph length posts - exceptions made for conversations where I understand a paragraph is enough without waffling. I am a male, I often write primarily as a male, though I can utilise female side characters as needed. I prefer a male x female combination, especially if my partner wants there to be romance involved in some way. I don't write with the sole intention of things evolving to the point of pure romance, but if the roleplay goes that way then that is what I would prefer.

What do I want from you? You can be whatever character you want. Old or young, man or woman, of any ethnicity and orientation - I don't think it right of me to tell you how to make your character. I only ask a few things. If you lose interest, tell me - maybe I can reignite it or change something to draw you back in. If you are busy, tell me - we all get busy or lose the spark to write for a time, I just want to know if you're done or not. If something confuses you or you want more information or my writing/post isn't good enough, tell me - repeating myself yes but I prefer dialogue to keep a roleplay alive. We don't have to be best friends but I don't want to get 5 posts in and you leave in boredom.

Finally, feel free to add to the roleplay. I can tell you 'no, it would work like this' if I feel you are going too far or you can ask 'would this work like this' if you are unsure. But otherwise try stuff. Create new plots, have us go off on a side-quest or invest into a side-character and bring them to life. I'm not the creative god of these worlds, I need you to help me bring them to life. As far as my characters are concerned, hit them, attack them, pull them to and fro without need to ask. No 'you're shot at, does it hit?' Instead, if it would makes for a thrilling moment or improve your post; shoot me! Do it and I will deal with the consequences. I only ask for permission if you mean to kill off my main character. Side characters are expendable.

___

So there you have it. Three general ideas, a bit about me, a bit about what I want - all done?

Feel free to DM me with questions or to inquire for more details about the roleplay synopses or myself, always happy to give information even if it means your interest wanes. I'm not here to trick you after all.

-Jester/WI_

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back