• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Moving On

Samuel sighed, "I'll never be to busy to visit. I can bring both school work and the dogs with me." He ticked off, laughing, "And I'll always want to come home, mom. I swear." He chuckled, sighing. He glanced at Alex and rolled his eyes, mouthing an "I tole you so".

"Yeah, you win." Alex smirked, leaning back against the house. "I promise I'll make sure he comes home." she told Ana. "Seriously, I won't let him not come home. You can relax."

Ana released Samuel, tears in her eyes. "I just... You're my son, Sam. And I love you. And I don't want to lose you... And Jason is leaving too. What will I do without the two of you?"

Samuel chuckled, "You've still got dad, mom. It'll be okay." He said with a smile. "We're gonna visit, and there's such a thing as a cell phone." He sighed, grinning. "It's not that bad." He smiled.

"Sammy..." she whispered, voice catching in her throat. "My Sammy.." she hugged him tightly again, "I love you so much. I'm so proud of you. I'm so proud."

"Never." she whispered, releasing him reluctantly and wiping her eyes. "Now what is it that you told Alex? What warranted the 'I told you so'?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow at him.

Samuel laughed, "She was telling me yesterday how she was a queen of freaking out because we're already behind on the pre-reading we need to do for classes." he explained with a chuckle. "She said I'd break up with her in a week because of it. So I informed her that you are a queen of freaking out and that she'd see it once you took a moment off of the situation at hand and remembered I was leaving for college soon." he grinned. "Basically proving no matter how she freaks out, I can handle it, and I won't be breaking up with her over a little bit of stress." he laughed, moving over to Alex and lowering himself to sit beside her.

"Oh." Ana blushed and laughed. "Yes, I suppose I do freak out a lot..." She chuckled. "I should go back inside." She shut the door behind her and disappeared into the house.

Alex giggled, "yeah, you were right."

Samuel grinned, and slid an arm around Alex, leaning against her. "So, no worries about freaking out. You can freak out all you want, and I'll be right here to help calm you down." he smirked.

"You're close to her, huh?" She asked. "I know you love your dad but it seems to be something different with your mum."

Samuel nodded, "Yeah. I've always been closer with my mom." he said, smiling. "I think it's partly because I was the first born, partly because we all lost my twin sister when me and her were only little, and then the other part is simply statistics. It's always a thing that boys bond closer to their mothers while girls bond closer to their dads." he said with a shrug.

"Most guys don't talk to their mother's the way you do, Sam." Alex told him, resting her head on his shoulder. "You speak to her like she matters, while most guys would just get annoyed at how protective she's being. It's a good thing, that you are how you are with her. It's sweet."

Samuel smiled, "I do get annoyed sometimes, but it's just always been a thing, so I don't let it bug me near as much as it used to." he chuckled, resting his head against hers. "And if I talked to my mom the way I've seen some guys talk to theirs, my dad would kill me... after my mom pulverized me." he laughed.

"You're a good guy, Samuel Delafontaine." She whispered. "Think we should go rescue Jason and Leah? I'm sure they could use a break."

Samuel laughed, and nodded, "Yeah. Probably." he sighed, and shifted so that he could stand, holding his hand out for Alex before they wandered off to locate Jason and Leah.

Alex spotted them talking to a cousin, and laughed quietly as she realised how drunk the cousin was. He kept trying to touch Leah, and she would try to politely brush him off. "Hey!" She greeted. "You two need to eat, yeah?"

Samuel glared at the cousin, and while Alex dealt with Leah and Jason, he tugged the guy away. "Dude, you're drunk. Go sit somewhere." he said sternly.

Jason looked at Alex and grinned, "Saviors!" he said with relief, sliding his arm around Leah's waist.

Alex picked up a tray of finger food and walked up to Jason's bedroom, "We thought you could use a break from all that. Eat. Relax."

Jason flopped over onto his bed, groaning, "Thanks. I was so ready to just punch my cousin in the face... really." he sighed, shaking his head.

Samuel found a seat on one of the two office chairs that were kept in the room, for when he and Jason used to play games when hanging out. "I bet." he laughed.

Leah laughed quietly, "I was thinking of kicking him elsewhere, but thanks for rescuing us." She laid down beside Jason, trying to adjust her dress so it was comfortable. "God, I hate funeral clothes. This damn dress clings so much and I hate it."

"Then get rid of it. Nothing we haven't seen before." Alex shrugged.

Jason chuckled, "If it was any other time, that dress would look sexy." he commented, trying to remain light in spite of the fact they had just officially said goodbye to his mom. "Though, I'm with Alex. You can sit in your underwear." he smirked, winking at her.

Samuel chuckled, "Commendable, Jason, honestly." he teased, shaking his head.

Alex laughed and crossed her legs underneath her. "So I was thinking that maybe we could all crash in the bus tonight? It's our last night here and I guess, I'll miss you guys... Unless you wanted to be alone, then I get that too."

Leah wriggled out of her dress and dropped it to the floor, then laid back down by Jason. "that would be fun... Jason?"

Jason thought for a moment, and nodded, "Yeah. That sounds good." he said with a smile. "We won't be able to see each other until holiday anyway, so we should make the most of it." he smiled.

"Cool." Alex grinned. "Because you look like you need a rest after today. You've done well to make it this far, and the funeral was beautiful." She told him sincerely. "And I mean, your wife is just casually in her underwear beside you, so that's another win."

Jason laughed, chuckled, hugging himself to Leah. "I've got an awesome wife, I know." he laughed. He looked over at Alex and nodded, "Thanks. I really liked how it turned out. Even if it's not something I wish I had to do at all." he said with a sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back