Experiences Most Uncomfortable Roleplay?

The time my character was brainwashed then involved in sex trafficking without clear approval beforehand. It escalated to a point I had to stop the RP and politely asked to not go into the very rape-like behavior it was headed. The partner of about six months then removed me from his contacts without warning a few days after./SPOILER]
Holy crap.

i've, unfortunately, encountered quite a few that either quickly turned sour, my partner left without word or it began to turn sexual despite various in-character warnings not to.
the latter tended to be the most awkward, however, as 3 in 4 of my partners would always persist further until i had to forcefully intervene and scold them. it's...not very pleasant, i suppose.
having things forced on you like that, whether it be innocently or not, isn't very delightful.
That is concerning and strange.. I feel bad for your experience.

Hope I'm not late to the party, but I've got a rather irritating one that comes to mind. Keeping it short and sweet, I can't even remember all the minor details it was so long ago.

It was near the very beginning of my RP experience, so about 5-6 years ago and a different site. Still in that bad phase of my writing where all my characters had to be some katana wielding ninjas, and nearly always stuck in some zombie apocalypse-esc type roleplays. Well someway or another, the first other survivor I run into was of the mindset that the goal was to "repopulate the earth on our own since we were the only survivors". Err.. no thanks. Noped out of that real quick, but that's not even the frustrating part.

Somehow she took offense to that, and since she had been on the site longer had a bit more sway in the small community. I could not join a single RP without her joining and adding her two cents about me not following plot devlopment. Like no, I had I just wanted to be teenage me slashing the limbs off some undead.

Eventually I had to make a new profile completely, which she still somehow managed to track down after a few weeks due to me joining similarly themed RPs and keeping my profile generally the same. I think the only time I was finally free was when the site shut down and I found this one. Thankfully haven't ran into that person again anywhere, and hope that stays true.

I finally had another experience like years later, there was this person who kept ghosting me during roleplays, then making new accounts and role playing with me over and over again. It was probably one of the most annoying things ever. I had to take a break because I didn’t know if the people bumping me on my roleplay we’re going to end up being them or not.

Group roleplay with myself and three others. Three of us usually wrote a couple of paragraphs nothing too long but the other chick managed to write one word responses every. single. time. We tried talking to her, you know, asking if she could put more in and she agreed but continued her one word responses. Her character tried to romance one of the male leads with one word responses. It was just sad.

Group roleplay with myself and three others. Three of us usually wrote a couple of paragraphs nothing too long but the other chick managed to write one word responses every. single. time. We tried talking to her, you know, asking if she could put more in and she agreed but continued her one word responses. Her character tried to romance one of the male leads with one word responses. It was just sad.
I can’t stand one word replies, I know some people genuinely roleplay like this but it’s a no for me

i had a dbh 1x1 once, where tbh, i should have seen red flags from the get go 😭 partner constantly pressured me for replies and got angry when i responded to my other rps, they also tried to force smut on me? even though our characters had literally just met, and i was playing an android who had never thought about sex in his life 💀

and when i told them i was dropping the thread they procedded to get angry yet AGAIN so i just blocked them lmao like yeah no thanks i don't want to erp??

i had a dbh 1x1 once, where tbh, i should have seen red flags from the get go 😭 partner constantly pressured me for replies and got angry when i responded to my other rps, they also tried to force smut on me? even though our characters had literally just met, and i was playing an android who had never thought about sex in his life 💀

and when i told them i was dropping the thread they procedded to get angry yet AGAIN so i just blocked them lmao like yeah no thanks i don't want to erp??
That’s a huge like red flag honestly, like I can’t imagine how that person might have been in person. It’s kind of scary to think that there are people out there like that for real, and honestly it’s kind of disgusting..

Had a person on a different site show interest in doing a roleplay with a specific character I'd talked about in a form. Okay, cool, I like my character so whatever, I was willing to do one with him. Catch is, the characters an amputee, for genuine plot reasons. And I noticed after a few replies they started focusing on that to like...an extremely weird degree, like having their character go out of way of the interaction to be touching him when it didn't even make sense/no way in hell my character wants to be touched right now. Thought it was weird, but I was bored and curious where they could possibly be going with this (because I was already suspicious at this point). Drew the line and cut it off when he just straight up had his character tell my very PTSD ridden fae that "his stumps were hot". NOPE. Why they gotta be weird with my boy like that?

I've had a lot of weird rps in the past but the one standing out to me right now is the one where my partner's character randomly shot up a bar my oc frequented because he was denied sex.

Had a person on a different site show interest in doing a roleplay with a specific character I'd talked about in a form. Okay, cool, I like my character so whatever, I was willing to do one with him. Catch is, the characters an amputee, for genuine plot reasons. And I noticed after a few replies they started focusing on that to like...an extremely weird degree, like having their character go out of way of the interaction to be touching him when it didn't even make sense/no way in hell my character wants to be touched right now. Thought it was weird, but I was bored and curious where they could possibly be going with this (because I was already suspicious at this point). Drew the line and cut it off when he just straight up had his character tell my very PTSD ridden fae that "his stumps were hot". NOPE. Why they gotta be weird with my boy like that?
What the actual hell. That’s disturbing. Makes me wanna vomit

Nation builder where the admin forcefully too my character's and nation autonomy away by allowing one dude to have mind control so I had to play npc or else.

Not nearly as bad, but infuriating and uncomfortable none the least. So I got a response from someone who I would rather not say who, start a roleplay with me. Well not only did it not get off the ground, but they kept on and on calling my character a wimp and saying that they sure don't look like a vampire hunter. And then proceeded to make me question my own character build and how I write despite me saying in my request thread that I am NOT a novella writer nor am I even intermediate. It honestly pissed me off that they obviously failed to read the whole thing. I mean wtf why did you even bother to join when you knew romance roleplays and light writing aren't for you?! I was way more than willing to go out of my comfort zone. But it's whatever. I'm glad I'll never have to deal with them again. Hell I even wonder if they were actually an adult to begin with now that I think about it.

Back when I was first doing RP someone messaged me a request to play someone who will abuse their character. The innocent me created a supervillain parody with comically large torture devices. They didn't bother to reply my first post...

Back when I was first doing RP someone messaged me a request to play someone who will abuse their character. The innocent me created a supervillain parody with comically large torture devices. They didn't bother to reply my first post...
I hate when people message you (as in general people, not you personally) for a role-play and then just disappear without giving your character, or plot a chance. Really sucks.

Not nearly as bad, but infuriating and uncomfortable none the least. So I got a response from someone who I would rather not say who, start a roleplay with me. Well not only did it not get off the ground, but they kept on and on calling my character a wimp and saying that they sure don't look like a vampire hunter. And then proceeded to make me question my own character build and how I write despite me saying in my request thread that I am NOT a novella writer nor am I even intermediate. It honestly pissed me off that they obviously failed to read the whole thing. I mean wtf why did you even bother to join when you knew romance roleplays and light writing aren't for you?! I was way more than willing to go out of my comfort zone. But it's whatever. I'm glad I'll never have to deal with them again. Hell I even wonder if they were actually an adult to begin with now that I think about it.
Probably not an adult, and if they were that would be so sad for real

Once in a Fallout roleplay very early in my RP career, I ended having a blue anthropomorphic fox man try and cut up the corpse of my character for his dinner later. This mere seconds after my character had been killed right in front of the fox man.

I almost quit roleplaying because of that.

Once in a Fallout roleplay very early in my RP career, I ended having a blue anthropomorphic fox man try and cut up the corpse of my character for his dinner later. This mere seconds after my character had been killed right in front of the fox man.

I almost quit roleplaying because of that.
Some people make it so hard to function role playing fr

I still think the most uncomfortable roleplay was the girl who wanted to write out her BDSM fetish using Jessica Rabbit and the Disney Princesses. Mind the roleplay was meant to be wacky with Rose from Golden Girls being a Z list Superhero. But I had intended it to be a more kid friendly whacky shenanigans.

Close runner up (although this at least was funny) was the roleplay where a shark and a zebra had an orgy in the middle of a prison break. The entire roleplay was chaos though and at least they more or less kept their weird shit off to one side in essentially a 1x1 while the rest of the group had animal shenanigans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back