• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The year is 2043. Earth has suffered Covid 19 and Covid 23, the meteor swarms of 2027, 28, and 29, 33, 34 and finally World War III in March 2036 (which seems to have been a Wet Firecracker War) amidst which came the worst of the meteor swarms. The net results of all these have been a reduction of Earth's population from nearly 7.8 billion to 6 billion, large pockets of radiated zones, devastation of millions of acres of forest, agricultural land. There were seismic evens all along the Ring of Fire, even minor disturbances in the supervolcanoes that many feared would set them off.

In the wake of these catastrophes martial law has been declared in many areas. The world is in a Second Great Depression. Crime is at an all time high. It is believed that the radiation has begun to create mutations, even provoke the development of superpowers.

(Note: These are RUMORS and very misleading. The truth is only known to a few.)

There has been a rise of costumed vigilantes in an attempt to bring justice when law enforcement can't or won't. (These superheroes seem to fall somewhere between the vigilantes of KickAss ... and the Defenders ... mostly on the lower end of the spectrum. No Avengers, Justice League, etc.)

(NO ... this is not a superkids Academy roleplay. However, you might be able to get superagent level training as some of the Staff were some of those superheroes.)

/

A small group of men and women have pooled their resources to create a Halfway Home for Children. They are very selective about the children they take in. (Their resources are limited.) They look for the ones who have lost family through disasters or aggravated violence. They look for those who have been witness to the worst mankind has to offer and need protective custody.

They are NOT equipped to deal with children not ready to be around other kids. Nor are they prepared to handle mentally handicapped children. They are also not prepared to deal with children who can’t understand English. That would be stretching their resources too far.

But they CAN handle physical handicaps. They are extremely well equipped for that. Some of the Staff will be handicapped.

//////

I have NOT decided WHERE to place the Halfway Home. I am torn between NYC (maybe an island or a remodelled warehouse, a remote ranch mansion in Montana, or ... somewhere else. This will depend on the characters and the roleplayers. It will need to be discussed.

Characters. Children. I would like each member to roleplay a teen. You may also run a younger kid. There should be an element of tragedy to each one. But don't expect special treatment. Nearly a sixth of Earth's population died. You are not unique. I strongly recommend that CRIME have something to do with your tragedies. THAT would be the sorts of kids the Staff is taking in.

This seems like an amazing plot, so I'm definitely interested! It reminds me of The Umbrella Academy, for some reason.

Been meaning to watch that series. Just haven't made time. LOL a couple of the House Rules ...

Weapons must be secured properly at the Dojo or Range.
No illegal drugs

Of course, the first rule is really for the Montana location. Takes space to have an indoor pistol range, gun safes, etc. And the Staff doesn't want the kids carving each other up ... Some of the Staff are former Force Recon, CIA mercs, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back