• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Monsters & Weapons

(so I thought they could be in sparring class, and while others spar with other weapon/meister pairs they're normally lone. But today they decide to spar each other and it goes even, like they can't defeat the other, and they think maybe they could be partners and just decide to try it out b/c they connected so well in battle.)

"Alright, until the end of class you can practice the moves we learned with another group."

Noa sighed in resignation. She truly couldn't keep up with this class everyday. It wasn't the teachers fault, he had to do best for the class, and her not having a partner was no reason to keep the class from practice. "I guess it's more solo training today," she muttered under her breath, waving her friends goodbye. Sometimes she would consider watching them, taking notes on how to practice with a real weapon rather than a bo staff. But today she felt restless to practice, and so she dragged a dummy to one side and began to practice her soul menace, something she desperately wanted to master. Hitting the dummy with her elbows and hands repeatedly almost felt like therapy. lmost everyone in the school had a partner but her, and on some days it frustrated her to no end.

Leon watched as all the other students left spare among each other, and since he didn't have a meister to wield him in weapon form he couldn't spare with them. He arrived late to the school do to reasons with his family, so he missed his chance to find a partner. It didn't make since to him that the DWMA would let him enter the school without providing a partner or searching for one for him. He was told to find his own partner and that ' he would find one soon' , yet that doesn't seem to be the case. All of the other students have partners and he was left alone. As the class started their duals he walked over to the training dummies, there he saw a familiar face. A girl he noticed from his classes and seemed to be alone without a partner as well if he recalled correctly. He doesn't remember ever seeing her with a partner of her own, and she always practices alone. Like I have room to say anything I am without a partner as well, he thought to himself. The one thing he doesn't know about her is if she is a meister or weapon. He didn't know or couldn't recall it if he was told that. As he thought to himself about the girl training next to him, he started to set up three dummies of his own. Once he positioned them where he wanted them, he transformed his right arm into a curved blade. With three swings of his arm he spilt the dummies into two, this wasn't very difficult for a weapon like himself. He let out a quiet sigh and started to set up another three dummies.

Noa watched silently as her classmate cut all three dummies in half. When he walked off to her more she continued to observe, taking note of his transformed arm. Obviously a weapon type, but where was his partner? She had seen him practice alone but she always figured his meister was out sick or something. Would it be possible for them to spar? maybe if she used a bo staff they could... Once he had dragged his dummies back she abandoned hers to walk over next to him. "Uh, hey. You're Leon right?" She stopped a few feet away from him. "If you don't have a partner maybe we could spar."

Leon looked at the girl who he was thinking about a few minutes ago. "Yes, I am Leon. I am sorry but I don't know your name." He stopped and set aside the dummies he was carrying. "Well if you want to spare sure" He looked at the staff in the girls hands, " Are you a meister by any chance? If so where is your weapon partner?" Leon cleared the dummies and the debris from the area. Leon transformed his arm again waiting for her response.

"My name is Noa." Quickly she pulled her hair back in a sloppy bun and raised her first, readying herself for her first spar for years. In the first year at shibusen there were plenty of people without partners and they could all spar together. But as months went by there were less people she could spar with. Now she was one of the unlucky few. If she ever did find a partner the had a lot of ground to cover. Most partners she knew of, even the more recent ones, had almost thirty souls. Noa didn't want to be the last in her grade to make a death weapon. "I'm a meister but I don't have a partner. Normally I just train alone." She began to shift her feet in anticipation. "So where's your meister? Out sick or something?"

"I don't have a meister. I only just enrolled here. It has only been enrolled for a few months." Leon prepared to attack, watching her stance and looking for a weakness. "I was being trained by my farther who is a death scythe, but because of him being a death scythe he is very busy with work, so I decided to come here." He decided to make his attack, swinging his arm towards her staff, while transforming his other arm to follow up his first attack.

Noa narrowly dodged the first swing and blocked the second with the staff. The force of his attack went into her biceps making them tighten. Already she was assessing his strength compared to hers and the best action to take. Mostly she did offensive as she struck hard, but maybe against him that wouldn't be the best course. "Nice transformation. You have practice to get it to switch that fast?" She side stepped and swung down towards the juncture of his neck and shoulder., hands tightening on the staff.

Leon surprised she was able to deflect his second attack, quickly lifted his arm up to block the staff with the flat of his blade. He gave of a small smirk, this was the most fun he has had sparing with someone since his fathers. Most others he spared with didn't expect the second attack and if they did couldn't stop him. "Well with the right training and enough practice any weapon can transform like that" He held his arm in place keeping the staff from hitting him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back