• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Monsters Have Pets, They're Called Humans.

Kiara thought about his question for a moment, then she remembered what she learnt from the local medic. "With my muscles inside my body. My brain tells them to move and then they do" she replied.

"That still doesn't make much sense, how does your brain get the signal to your muscles?" Tero asked.

"With things that connect everything in the body, I think it's called nerves" Kiara replied, not quite sure if that was true. She didn't quite understand what the old man had told her and the other kids back then.

"Thats strange." Tero said. "Oh! Look!" Tero pointed at a sort of portal. "We can explore what's on the other side of this!"

"Isn't that dangerous?" she asked, curling up in his hand for protection. She had been taught that magic things are dangerous and bad.

"It's not dangerous!" Tero said. "These portals allow you to potentially go anywhere! Maybe another planet, another region, it's amazing! And sometimes if you walk into a portal you may gain some sort of power."

"Will there be other monsters?" she asked shyly, peeking out of his hand to get a better look at the portal. She had heard many stories about different worlds, but she always thought they would remain part of her dreamworld.

"Well, it depends on where we end up." Tero said, entering the portal. As Kiara and Tero entered the portal, a wave of cold swept over their bodies, though Tero used some fire magic to make it a bit warmer around them. "Like here, we're most likely not going to find anything, but if we do they'll be easy to eliminate using my fire."

"Tero, why did you want a pet?" she asked carefully, not sure how he'd react. She had seen what his powers could do, and he was talking about killing others of his kind as if it was nothing. Around her, however, he acted kind and caring, she didn't understand.

"Because... Well... I've been alive for a couple thousand years, my life devoted to fighting and killing other beings. I decided to try and see how it feels to love something, even if obtaining it meant killing somethings." Tero said.

"You love me?" Kiara asked, tilting her head in childish curiosity. A small smile appeared on her lips and she snuggled up in his hands.

"Ehh... Sort of." Tero said. "We should start exploring, shouldn't we?" He said, trying to change the subject.

Kiara giggled and looked around as they explored the new area. There was so much to see that the young girl started to get excited and fussed around in his hand, telling him to put her down.

Tero patted the snow with his hand. "This should be soft enough." He said as he lightly dropped Kiara onto a really soft snow pile.

Kiara squealed as she was dropped, but the moment her fall was cushioned by the soft snow she started giggling again. However, as she stood up she was shivering from the cold. When he kidnapped her all she was wearing was a little summer dress her mother had made for her, and now she was freezing.

"Oh, I forgot you humans get cold." Tero said, using more fire magic to melt the snow. "Why is there dead grass?" He said, pointing at the ground. "If this is a tundra the grass should have long disappeared. Speaking of which, shouldn't there be ice trees?"

Kiara looked around, not sure what he meant. She was used to her own biome, and she had never seen others. Still curious about this new area she started walking around, exploring every inch she could reach.

"Stop!" Tero said. "Theres probably something out here with powerful ice magic. We need to be careful." Tero started warming up the air even more, when the melting snow revealed many dead creatures that belong in the plains. "There is definitely something here." Tero said, before a Blizzard started up. Tero immediately grabbed Kiara and brought her closer. "Do you know where that portal is?"

Kiara trembled madly as she curled up in his hand, the dead creatures had scared her, but the fact that another monster was around scared her even more. She peeked out of his hand carefully and looked around but she couldn't see a thing in this Blizzard. The sudden temperature drop would have killed a human within a short period of time - good for her that her owner had fire magic to keep her warm. In the distance she could see a glow, similar to the one she saw when Tero attacked. "What's that?" she asked, pointing at the glow.

Tero looked where Kiara was pointing. "That is ice magic, I can recognize that glow from anywhere." He said. "I don't think I can fight that thing while holding you, but we can't find the portal in this blizzard... What do you think we do?" He asked Kiara.

Kiara thought about their options for a moment, then she replied "Put me down! I will hide away while you fight this creature! You found me once you will find me again" She was scared and you could clearly see it in her eyes, but there was also this spark of determination. There was no other way and he knew that as well as she did.

"Try not to freeze to death." Tero said as he put Kiara down. Tero floated towards the glow and started to fight the creature. The monster looked like a giant cow with Brontosaurus legs and ice cannons protruding from it's sides. Tero threw six balls of fire, melting the ground around the ice monster as it began shooting more snow from it's side cannons, making the blizzard more intense. Tero made fireballs in all six of his hands and hit it with his three right hands, causing fiery explosions, then the three left hands, causing even more fiery explosions.

Trying to escape the battlefield Kiara ran into the opposite direction, fighting her way through the thick snow. She was freezing and the blizzard made it hard for her to orient herself, but the mix of fear and determination kept her going. She didn't know how far she ran, but when she looked back once the fires were completely out of sight, Tero and the other monster must be far away by now - or the blizzard just got worse. She didn't stop tho, she kept running until her body gave in to her exhaustion and she collapsed in the snow, panting heavily. The cold hair stung in her lungs, her skin felt frostbitten. She sat up and rubber her arms, looking back at where she came from. Hopefully Tero would find her again before she froze to death.

The creature shot large balls of ice, though they were all caught as Tero melted them and made steam. Tero floated behind the monster in the steam. Tero threw some fireballs into the creature's snow cannons. The creature screamed in horror as the blizzard dissipated and the snow disappeared. "That was easy." Tero said, looking around and seeing the large amount of dead plains creatures. Tero floated towards where Kiara was before he dropped her. "Kiara? Where are you?" He shouted.

The sudden rise in temperature almost caused her to pass out, it surely wasn't good for her. In the distance she could see Tero, she ran further than she'd have expected. "Tero!" she called out, hoping he had heard her. She waved her arms to get his attention as she forced herself up and walked towards him. Sand was stuck all over her, the feeling was odd and gross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back