• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Monster Hunter World Idea - Children of the Sapphire Star

Geozaki

Baby Dragon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Okay, so I just have a simple idea at the moment, but before I get too carried away with myself, I just want to see if anyone would be interested. I was thinking that it would be cool to have a Monster Hunter World inspired RP, the main plot points I haven't thought of yet but I have a few early ideas, (However, whatever the RP is it'll be made so that anyone can join, whether you play the game or not) but for everyone who plays the game, we could have a squad and play together in game as well. We could use our in-game characters (If we have one) as characters here (if you want) and then they could meet up in game too and maybe we could make a squad or something?...

Like I said, at this point it's just an idea, but I'm curious if anyone would be interested?

Thread Creation

To Do List:
(Key: Cross = Not Started, Dot = In Progress, Tick = Done)
Think of a Name
Make PS4 Squad
Find someone to make XBox squad
Type Out Thread opening post thingy
Make Character Sheet Skeleton
Plan extra threads / tabs
Post Thread

Sorry... am just playing around with BBCode a little bit

Last edited:
This does sound intriguing. I am a bit interested in this.

However, I would like to point out that not everyone would be playing on the same console for those that play the game. I myself for example play on ps4 whereas others may play on Xbox

This does sound intriguing. I am a bit interested in this.

However, I would like to point out that not everyone would be playing on the same console for those that play the game. I myself for example play on ps4 whereas others may play on Xbox

That's true, I was thinking about that for a while...
The main RP would be available to anyone as your console of choice doesn't really matter within RPN. But for people who wish to meet up in game, (For RP purposes, hunting purposes or a bit of both) I was thinking we could set up two squads, one for PS4 Players and one for XBox players. I can set up a PS4 one, but was thinking of asking someone else to set up an Xbox one. It's not ideal, but unless they ever implement cross-platform servers to monster hunter world it's the best I could come up with for now. Obviously, all of this would work better if we get a lot of people interested but maybe it'll be okay?

I've also had some ideas for possible stories we could tell in RP so I hope some more people show interest, though I may try making it anyway cause if there's one thing I have found out, it's that some people look for new roleplays that are already going so maybe there will be others who see it if I actually try starting it off.

Sorry... I kinda rambled there a little...

That's true, I was thinking about that for a while...
The main RP would be available to anyone as your console of choice doesn't really matter within RPN. But for people who wish to meet up in game, (For RP purposes, hunting purposes or a bit of both) I was thinking we could set up two squads, one for PS4 Players and one for XBox players. I can set up a PS4 one, but was thinking of asking someone else to set up an Xbox one. It's not ideal, but unless they ever implement cross-platform servers to monster hunter world it's the best I could come up with for now. Obviously, all of this would work better if we get a lot of people interested but maybe it'll be okay?

I've also had some ideas for possible stories we could tell in RP so I hope some more people show interest, though I may try making it anyway cause if there's one thing I have found out, it's that some people look for new roleplays that are already going so maybe there will be others who see it if I actually try starting it off.

Sorry... I kinda rambled there a little...
First, I wanted to state that there was another monster hunter world interest check sometime last month I think. I was watching it, but I don't think anything was started from it. However, I am mentioning this because I just wanted to show that there is interests in a monster hunter rp. It just took time for people to find it and show interest.

Second, I understand what you're trying to do with the squads in game for both platforms, and I don't see any problems with it. I myself thought of starting a rpnation squad on ps4 just to have other people to play with. So starting one for rping reasons does sound interesting. And if that doesn't work out at least now you have people to play with.

First, I wanted to state that there was another monster hunter world interest check sometime last month I think. I was watching it, but I don't think anything was started from it. However, I am mentioning this because I just wanted to show that there is interests in a monster hunter rp. It just took time for people to find it and show interest.

Second, I understand what you're trying to do with the squads in game for both platforms, and I don't see any problems with it. I myself thought of starting a rpnation squad on ps4 just to have other people to play with. So starting one for rping reasons does sound interesting. And if that doesn't work out at least now you have people to play with.

Yeah, I've done a little search and there have been a few monster hunter threads, so here's hoping those people discover us :closed eyes open smile:

That is very true! I'm quite new to the game (only got it on Wednesday). But a friend who plays it told me having a team is quite important, and I love making new friends and playing with them! So I totally agree with that! :D

Yeah, I've done a little search and there have been a few monster hunter threads, so here's hoping those people discover us :closed eyes open smile:

That is very true! I'm quite new to the game (only got it on Wednesday). But a friend who plays it told me having a team is quite important, and I love making new friends and playing with them! So I totally agree with that! :D
Yeah. Having a team you play with is really important and helps a lot with dealing with the stronger monsters in the game. I usually play solo or with randoms since I mainly play pc, but didn't want to wait for the game to come to pc.

Yeah. Having a team you play with is really important and helps a lot with dealing with the stronger monsters in the game. I usually play solo or with randoms since I mainly play pc, but didn't want to wait for the game to come to pc.

That's fair enough, I primarily play on PS4 but also play on PC, I only favour console as most of my friends are there and because I have a mac, I can run windows it's just console is often easier XP

Potentially interested. I don't have the game yet as I am waiting on the PC version.

Would it only include World monsters or also monsters from other games?

Potentially interested. I don't have the game yet as I am waiting on the PC version.

Would it only include World monsters or also monsters from other games?

It'll probably (Primarily) take place in the locations of Monster Hunter World, but I have no problem with monsters from the old games showing up! I think it'll make it more interesting! So sure, monsters from other games can be in it!

I like MW... How will you handle combat? will it storyline heavy or sandbox?

With combat, the thing I usually do is have a sort of 'trust' system in that one of the RP rules is that you must be fair with how your character fights, for example, if you're a hunter with very little combat experience or it's your first time facing a certain monster, then your likelihood of being able to anticipate the attacks of the monster is far lower than if you're a veteran hunter or you've fought that monster numerous times before.

With the Storyline vs Sandbox, I was thinking of allowing the freedom of a sandbox type RP initially and seeing how that goes and whether storylines naturally arise from that but making it so that should we need one, a storyline is there ready to be implemented at any moment.

I am, however, always open to suggestions

Here's my proposition: have a storyline already in place.
Are we a lost flight? Are we the next generation? Did we capture that huge ass volcano dragon?

or

Are in a dystopia? Are in an alternate universe and so using the universe but with our storyline as the founding history.

Caus starting off by being purely sandbox in my experience ended up being quite confusing to all players and creating many inconsistencies :P It becomes like... too many chiefs, not enough Indians...

Here's my proposition: have a storyline already in place.
Are we a lost flight? Are we the next generation? Did we capture that huge ass volcano dragon?

or

Are in a dystopia? Are in an alternate universe and so using the universe but with our storyline as the founding history.

Caus starting off by being purely sandbox in my experience ended up being quite confusing to all players and creating many inconsistencies :P It becomes like... too many chiefs, not enough Indians...
Oh yeah definitely, when I say start off sandboxy I don't mean completely sandbox I mean there is a story but it's not too enforced
for example, in monster hunter world your main mission is to capture Zorah Magdoros but if you want you can accept other missions along the way
however if there's a point when it feels like it gets too sandbox like, there's an event which calls everyone to start working towards the main 'objective' of the rp.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense, I know my explaining skills are greatly lacking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back