• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Modernizating Shakespeare's Classics?

This is a really neat idea (as yours always are). So, I imagine you have roles picked out from each of the plays and the RPers create modern-day characters based on the personalities of the original Shakespearean characters? And everyone is together rather than in their separate stories?

@MidnightAnew

Thank you for words and excellent questions. Yes, I have roles to chose from but more like the main characters within each tale. And yes, you can make the personality different though but must keep at least their name. Makes sense? And yes, everyone character is going to be together and not in separate stories. Think of this roleplay as Once Upon A Time-esque. Haha. For a better sense.

Would you expect the characters to follow the relationships from the original plays? For example, would Romeo and Juliet in the new town be required to form a relationship?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Semblance

Honestly, yes. I'd like to stick to the original relationships. But of course, Juliet is not with Romeo since she is arranged to be married to someone else.

@IITheTypistII Ah yes, that all makes sense. Thank you for explaining! I'll keep an eye out if you find more people who are interested :)

Thanks for the clarification! But yes this sounds really interesting and I would be willing to join :) And I loved Once Upon A Time based on the few episodes I've seen

@Semblance

Why, thank you so much. And yeah, I have a Once Upon A Time roleplay written up too. But one roleplay at a time. Haha.

I guess I should let everyone know that just because I am the GM, I am not taking the Juliet role. ^_^ Hope that makes people happy.

IITheTypistII said:
@Semblance
Why, thank you so much. And yeah, I have a Once Upon A Time roleplay written up too. But one roleplay at a time. Haha.

I guess I should let everyone know that just because I am the GM, I am not taking the Juliet role. ^_^ Hope that makes people happy.
Ahhhh why do you make such good role plays ahaha

Guess it's time for me to sharpen up my knowledge on these Shakespeare plays- maybe I should've paid more attention in English class

@Semblance

Oh, come on, my roleplays are not all that. Haha. No need to really, unless you really want to, that is. Haha.

Hm, maybe I should put the roles up top to give people a better understanding on whose allowed and who isn't? I suck at interest checks.

IITheTypistII said:
@Semblance
Oh, come on, my roleplays are not all that. Haha. No need to really, unless you really want to, that is. Haha.

Hm, maybe I should put the roles up top to give people a better understanding on whose allowed and who isn't? I suck at interest checks.
yeah I think that would help :)

I usually put what I would normally put in the overview of the roleplay into the interest check- then I list out all the possible roles and state what kind of roleplay it is/what type of roleplayer I'm looking for

I'm trying to decide between Juliet and Lady Macbeth- their personalities are completely different ahaha

I know which character I would go for (Yeah, I'm not even going to bother with a hint here), but Hamlet does look a little tempting.. Myeh. I'm not completely certain if I'm joining yet, I've just signed myself up for several good-looking RPs recently and I'm not sure if I'll have time...

Still, I couldn't resist just popping in to say hello ;)

I'd love to join in with this~! Looks amazing 0w0 I just don't want it coming to having to drop out of something just because I've gone over my max number of ongoing RPs.

I'm happy to wait and lurk for a bit :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back