• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Modern Supernatural Horror

Vudukudu

Farseer to the Warsong Clan
Heya! I'm looking for a partner to run a sort of World of Darkness-esque game (If you're not familiar with WoD, that's fine). It'll be heavily player driven, including some investigation and pursuing leads, as well as inclusive of some combat elements and so forth. Occult, supernatural, and horror themes aplenty.

I'm open to 1 or 2 players for this. Comment if interested.

Hey there! I did a quick search of WoD - does it include White Wolf? I actually played in a nice long Hunter: The Reckoning game, so I am familiar with it a bit if that is the case.

I may be down!

WoD is written by White Wolf, yes.

I'll start working on a sort of introduction-y post to help set things and give an idea of what this will all look like. Give a better idea of what people are getting into.

WoD is written by White Wolf, yes.

I'll start working on a sort of introduction-y post to help set things and give an idea of what this will all look like. Give a better idea of what people are getting into.

That would be great! Thanks!

Tone Example:

The rain beat heavily on the pavement in front of the abandoned warehouse, collecting in puddles too large for the blocked sewer grates to properly drain. The place was falling apart, strips of timber having long since fallen off and rotted from dampness. Ryan had been sent here to deliver a package. The town still had a local courier service, a leftover from before the days of UPS and Fedex that hadn't quite melted away yet.

"Hello?" Ryan called out, his voice barely audible over the non-stop hammering of the rain. A figure moved in the shadows, deep in the warehouse. The movement was slow, and after squinting, Ryan glimpsed a cane being used by the gaunt figure. What was an old man doing out here?

The figure approached silently, but for his cane tapping rhythmically across the concrete floor as he approached the place where Ryan had entered to take shelter from the rain. The tapping was creaky, and far too easy to hear given how loud the rain was. Ryan examined the package, looking for any sort of name or information besides the address. In plain, cursive writing, it was addressed to a "Mr. Glimke."

Ryan looked up, the name only just beginning to form on his lips before he let out a meek gasp. The man had been some twenty feet ahead of him only a second ago, and now he was gone. "Sir?" He called out, looking around frantically. A dozen crows leaped to the air, apparently disturbed by the courier's shout, and the birds settled a couple seconds later, all gazing down at him with piercing yellow eyes.

The tapping of the cane began anew, though it was coming from behind Ryan this time. The boy whirled around, and his throat tensed to scream. A spatter of gore, consisting of most of Ryan's torso, hurtled into the air, spitting rivulets of blood in every direction. The crows squawked loudly, then began to feast on the dismembered courier. Not once did the cane stop tapping its mad tune, not until the birds ended their feast.

I'm unfamiliar with WoD, but I do spend some time working with supernatural horror- would there still be a chance for me to join in on something like this?

Works been slow. I'm heading into finals week, so I'll hopefully have sonething ready to go on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back