• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Modern Mistakes

M
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

A roleplay about an incurable disease and outcasts living their last days together.

Kiyoko Tomoe

The Donut Goddess
Every day, people make mistakes. Shit happens, as they say. Life isn't always as simple as that though. If it were, I'd still be, well, 'normal'
Mira

Something in your life went wrong. You're not even sure when or how it happened, but your life turned into a cruel joke, where everything you do is meaningless. At some point in time, you contracted an until now unknown disease, to which there is no cure and no escape. Slowly, you're dying, but no matter what you do, you continue to wake the next day. Maybe you've experimented, killing yourself in whatever ways you could think of to try and end the painful suffering this disease leaves you with, but you find yourself awake the very next day, as though nothing had happened. If you've yet to experiment, it's likely that your disease-ridden state is driving you to the brink of suicide already. Whatever the case may be, you know you're destined to pain and suffering for the next six months, and there's likely no getting out of it.

A mistake isn't something that just happens and then is done and over with. If a mistake happens in your life, it's because you yourself are the mistake
Mara

What does this disease actually do, you might ask yourself. If you've yet to look in the mirror or try interacting with someone about two weeks after being released from the hospital, all you know is that your body is decaying, and that you feel nothing but pain. If you've even so much as walked out of your home, however, you've discovered that you no longer appear to be normal. Your body has mutated; horns, very small ones at that, upon your forehead. Your irises have yellowed slightly, pupils slowly shaping over the course of your disease into slits. The closer to the six-month deadline you are, the longer the horns, and the more your eyes have changed.

You're like us, diseased and changed forever. The two of us have only a week to live, and you've not much longer, so how about we bring this world with us?
Mira

The first people you've been able to safely interact with after your disease began to mutate your body were a pair of similarly-diseased twins, Mira and Mara, whom found you not even a few days after you took notice of your changing nature. They proposed to you the idea that since your life was to be short-lived anyway, that you might as well join them and do whatever you please to the world around you. Whether or not you agree with their idea, they did offer you a proper home, somewhere that you could easily come and go from without attracting any kind of attention. After all, your neighbors and community have already driven you away, directly or indirectly, for your new, freakish figure.

We might as well enjoy our final moments. After all, this is the first and last chance we'll ever have
Mara

1541840611686.png
Center: Mira --- Right: Mara​

In summary, the concept is that you're infected with a disease that slowly develops oni-like features as it kills you from the inside out, and you're one of very few to be suffering the disease. The first two to have taken on the disease, Mira and Mara, have been gathering anyone that's become a victim of the disease, giving them a place to call home after society has shut them out for being freaks. Mira's wanting to destroy society as a whole, whilst Mara is just trying to enjoy her final moments in whatever ways present themselves. Needless to say, you're one of those infected and found by the twins.

Oh, I should also mention that the actual city/town/place of which this RP will be is up for discussion, so feel free to throw out some ideas if you have anywhere you'd love this to be in. Just know that I have to familiarize myself with wherever it's going to be.

Since you're all expressing interest, any ideas for what location you'd enjoy this RP taking place? My current ideas are (because kinda fits thematically) Kyoto, Osaka, or Tokyo, being places in Japan (because oni), but I'm open to other places for the RP to take place.
I'll participate C:
I love love love it!
Interested.
sounds fun
sounds cool, i'm interested.

Since you're all expressing interest, any ideas for what location you'd enjoy this RP taking place? My current ideas are (because kinda fits thematically) Kyoto, Osaka, or Tokyo, being places in Japan (because oni), but I'm open to other places for the RP to take place.

I love the idea of Tokyo or somewhere in Japan, honestly. I just need to think of a character now. 😂

I love the idea of Tokyo or somewhere in Japan, honestly. I just need to think of a character now. 😂
Just to give you a little helping hand on that, the only requirements for the character sheet are for the character to be at least 15, no older than let's say mid to late thirties (because the plot revolving around having the disease is kinda meaningless if, for example a 90-year-old geezer has it, since they're already prepping for their death bed), and that you list how many days the character has left to live (being 170 or less, no less than 28 days for the sake of keeping the original recipients of the disease as being the closest to death). Also, the fewer days a character has left, the more prominent the traits are (I believe I mentioned that in the OP). For example, if you've got a month left to live, you pretty much look like Mira and Mara, maybe slightly shorter horns or stuff like that.

I'm thinking of Tokyo. The place feels like it fits.

Well since everyone wants it be in Japan I guess I’m fine with the majority vote

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha You're dying and also you're turning into a super cool edgy anime demon

Sounds like a parody XD

Is it some kind of spiritual disease?? What kind of biological virus would cause super cool transformation and then immediate death? This sounds like those people who make albino characters because they really wanna be someone who has purple or red eyes and white hair like an animu girl uwu.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha You're dying and also you're turning into a super cool edgy anime demon

Sounds like a parody XD

Is it some kind of spiritual disease?? What kind of biological virus would cause super cool transformation and then immediate death? This sounds like those people who make albino characters because they really wanna be someone who has purple or red eyes and white hair like an animu girl uwu.
Are you here to join the RP or to make fun of it? Because if you're making fun of it, it's unnecessary and unwanted.

As for everyone else here, I've threadmarked the newly-created IC and OOC threads, and I'll be putting up a CS thread once I get the time to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back