• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern modern / angst / fluff / slice of life

Urrh

you can call me r.

i am gonna be cut and dry because i’m a pretty simple person and don’t feel the need for a wall of text.

• i like talking here or on discord.
  • i like role playing on google docs or over pms on here. i can rp on discord too, i just hate the lack of formatting.
  • i’m in est, i do work a pretty demanding job, and i have a toddler, but i’m generally on at least once a day—typically pretty active during the night.
  • gender-wise, i prefer playing male main characters. i can play any kind of side character.
  • pairings wise, i typically stick to m + f.
  • i use character sheets prior to introductions—with realistic fcs.
  • i do not have any triggers/limits, please let me know if you have any.
  • brainstorming and stuff is nice, i like to add things in to keep stuff lively.
✨ craving as of now 3-2022:

blind date.

childhood friends/roommates where one of them has this unrequited crush on the other and one is in a relationship.

addict/sober.

hollywood “it” girl/bodyguard.
✨

i am pretty open to suggestions. here’s a little example of some things that i do.
  • friends/roommates turned lovers
  • dysfunctional relationship
  • brother of groom + bride
  • apartment neighbors or roommates
  • good boy + bad girl
  • single parent + nanny
  • famous + average
  • ghost + human
  • friends reunited
like i said, this is a very brief example list of some of the stuff that i’ve done or that i’ll do. please feel free to shoot me ideas or cravings that you might have. i’m mainly just looking for something slice of life or modern.

if any of this sounds good, send me a message and i’ll be around.

examples of plots that i have:

they’ve grown up together since they were just kindergartners. the friends have seen each other through the best and worst of times. upon graduation, they got a place together. both of them have feelings for the other, but neither of them dare to speak up, feeling that it’s unrequited. now, in their mid to late twenties, they are still living together—stumbling through their attraction to one another in hopes of not ruining their near lifelong friendship.

widowed before he ever thought it would be a possibility in his life, and with a young child no less, mc is trying to maneuver everything on his plate. his head isn’t in the best place and he’s slipping up at work and at home. when his mother, the child’s grandmother, gets involved—she hires a nanny to help with his child. he’s reluctant to such a thing but, begrudgingly, he accepts her help. they get to know each other as the weeks go on, talking here and there, and the rest is history.

she got engaged when it all seemed perfect. she came from a pretty simple lifestyle, not a native of the big city, wooed by the son of an investment banker on wall street. their courtship was short before he popped the question, their engagement already lasting longer than the period that they had dated. with plans to marry, she’s been introduced to several family members—all except one. the oldest brother of the family, ostracized from early adulthood, a pawn in her fiancé’s hands. see, her fiancé isn’t all that he’s cracked up to be. while he holds a powerful position, taking in money, his true colors begin to shine through the longer that the two are engaged. he’s materialistic, controlling, verbally abusive, leading extramarital affairs on business trips. on the night of her birthday, he’s on the other coast, for a business conference, missing the plans that he promised her. tucked up his sleeve, however, is the big brother who will still bend to his will—the stranger. with one phone call, he is summoned to take the woman out for her birthday. in just one night, the two hit it off... but there’s a problem. she’s engaged... to his brother.

your character is the bad girl, been through some pretty troubling shit, in a relationship with a super abusive guy. maybe he puts his hands on her, my character is the responding officer. he takes her to the station to record everything and try to get her to file a report but she’s adamant against not filing one—she thinks she’s really in love with the guy. my character insists on following up with her (i’m thinking he witnessed his mother suffer abuse at the hands of a boyfriend or his father) to her chagrin at first. he doesn’t give up on checking in with her, trying to provide resources, and despite her relationship, the two begin to become interested in one another, et cetera.

they had it all. a new home, good jobs, a relationship that seems to mesh perfectly. they have been together since high school, complimenting each other in a way that almost seems too good to be true. in the blink of an eye, it all changes when he suddenly passes away. the grief is immense. she locks herself away from everyone, drowning herself in whatever will numb the pain or help keep her asleep. in the middle of the night, on a night where she wants nothing more than to join her lover, she is awoken by an ice cold touch and the very familiar figure of a man standing over her.

Last edited:
Trailer Park Boys Ricky GIF by NETFLIX

me waiting rn

hi there! i feel like we might vibe. feel free to check out my 1x1 here. feel free to reach out (: !

omggg, what you're looking for sounds exactly like what I'm looking for! I am super duper interested in starting something up! < 3
send me a pm and I'd love to brainstorm something!

Interested, but I, too, usually play Male characters. If you still wanted to chat and come up with something, I'd be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back