• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Mixed Meta Media - Fields of Aiso [IRL/VR(?)MMO-type RP]

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
So, I had an idea that I wanted to try. To be honest I wasn't sure where to put it, due to at least a good amount of the game world, but then there will also be plenty of scenes out in the real world. As well, I have had bad experience with players just disappearing soon after the RP starts. If you show interest, please try and stick with it Anyway, here goes:

The game is known as 'Fields of Aiso', and is the newest game to grip the minds of young adults (and of course, adults) everywhere. It is based in a science-fantasy world, with each player under control of a personal avatar. Each avatar also has a companion spirit known as a 'champion', who fights for their player's avatar. Each champion has its own personality, skills and body - though all are fiercely loyal to, and protective of, their avatar. In their pure form, the champion is a ghostly apparition of itself, and only shows their true form when equipped with chips that the Avatar carries on them. The chips are held in a specialized, and then equipped onto a hand-held pad known as a deck. Armor, weapons (including swords, pistols, Aether cannons, gauntlets, and others), as well as other gear is equipped onto this deck, appearing on the newly-materialized form of the champion. Chips wear over use, so an avatar is encouraged to have backups to use while others recharge. Chips are found as loot from combat, in chests, from gathering and from crafting. Champions power up over time. Using weapons, armor and some gear increases combat skills, while gathering items and materials increases their gathering skills. Other skills increase in similar ways.

Of course, this is not the only appeal of the game. The player's case and deck are linked to physical items as well, with a basic set coming with the game. It comes with ten chips which can download the data from any chip that is in the case, which syncs between game and IRL. The reason for this is that champions can be manifested into the real world thanks to portable projectors that also come with the game. There, two players can dual their champions for fun, or for ante. This is as popular as other games used to be on schoolyards, and during any breaktime in many places, a number of duels - sometimes even a tournament - take place.

However, when the RP starts, the player characters will find something different. Their champions are now in the real world, all the time. Invisible to most (everyone but those with their own champion spirits following them) when unequipped, they act much as they do in the game, but can now comment and help with real life issues as well. This unique feature will bring the players together, in Real life and in the game. But this is just the start - eventually monsters and factions from the game will begin to manifest in the real world, and it will be up to the players to fulfill the cliché and save the world (eventually, there will be build up).

Appearance
Battleblade.png
Type

• Weapon
  • Sword
  • Two-Handed
  • Non-magical
  • Mighty
Stats

• +10 Attack Damage
  • +2 Defense
  • -8 Attack Speed
Description

A blade forged exclusively for use in battle. Despite its appearance, it is very well-balanced for use in two hands. It has a cutting blade on both ends, with a blunted tip that is little use for thrusting attacks though can still crush a windpipe if it hits hard enough.

Please feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer!

I'm interested, MMO style RPs are one of my favorite genres and they're really fun (I've been missing something that is just fun and less stressful lately)

So, questions:
I'd like to know about the interaction avatar-champion a bit better, might be the wording might be because English is not my mother tongue, but I'm uncertain whether I managed to grasp it.
Is it right to assume the avatar is the player and the champion is some sort of companion NPC, except that unlike fighting alongside the player (such as animal companions would in games), we have a pokemon-like dynamic where champion fights FOR the player?

Or rather is the champion the representation of the player in-game itself? I think the biggest thing is I wasn't able to grasp if there are two entities or just one in the game (IRL definitely two).

From here I have more questions IF it turns out to be a pokemon-like dynamic. Such as, did the player create the champion, choosing its personality traits and such? Or is it randomly generated?

And what is the range of champions, such as do they need to be humanoid explicitly? And any other rules of same caliber that they need to abide by (You did mention weapons and stuff but eh, I still want to know for sure)

A lot of these are most for curiosity, but they're the questions that popped up as I read the OP >w<

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Hello, and thanks for your interest! I shall try and answer to the best of my ability.

My plan is that the champion is a companion to the player in the game as well. That is, they fught for the player somewhat like pokemon. So you were right to assume that. Avatar and Champion are two different beings in game and IRL

As for the way the champion was generated.. I wonder if the player having answered some sort of quiz or quizzes would build the champion for them. That's what pops to mind at first.

As for what they can be, I would say that yes, they must be humanoid in form. So two arms, two legs, etc. However I'm not sure what other kinds of rules you may mean, so I'm not sure how to answer that. Have any examples?

Quiz sounds quite plausible! So it's a mix of data AND random chance... That makes things interesting because then the player's personality (or at least wishes) played a part on it!!

As for what they can be, I would say that yes, they must be humanoid in form. So two arms, two legs, etc. However I'm not sure what other kinds of rules you may mean, so I'm not sure how to answer that. Have any examples?
I don't actually, it was just in case there were any you had thought up. This question was made because I actually have a character from a SAO-like RP that I've been considering tweaking for this and back there we sorta just made up classes for them. Mine was a beastmaster, a interesting blend of druid and berserker, sorta, and she had a wolf companion so I've been pondering whether I could make the wolf companion into the champion...

Since you said humanoid, now I'm leaning towards a werewolf-ish being. It's just the initial brainstorming phase XD

Heh, no problem. If you ever get ideas or questions about your character, feel free to PM me - or post here. And of course post here if you have questions or want to discuss the setting :)

I'll probably end up sleeping soon. If I do, I'll talk to you later :D

I'll probably wait until there's more people and something more concrete around (normally a CS layout) but if anything pops up I shall OWO7

Have a goodnight~! (I'mma try and sleep too, if I can. I might have gotten myself too excited now XD)

Oooh, a rp about chips. I love chips! (we're talking about the potato ones, right?)

But seriously, color me interested :)

Hm.. two interested. If I play a character, I would be comfortable starting this if no one else joins. What do you two think?

It's okay, I mean, better than letting it die without ever starting like a bunch of cool ideas do ^^'
I'm used to bigger groups, but I don't mind smaller ones as well. I can definitely adapt >w<

This sounds fun! I'll start working on a CS soon, but they typically take me a few days to complete, so I just wanted to let you know I'm interested(if you're still looking for people?).

Last edited:
The Dark Souls of YuGiOh. Once again, Mythy never fails to impress.

Sorry. I've been on a binge to complete DS 1,2 & 3 without dying. Every time I die, I have to start over from scratch. I have never felt more pain.

Nah, no need to be sorry. Dark Souls is just super dark. This has some dark but it's definitely light-hearted more so I think

Also, that's very masochistic. Something I would never even try to put myself through xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back