• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mister Rice Man! (1x1 search thread)

ExtraWhiteRice

Mysterious Character

Howdy Y'All!

Wow, that's pretty horrible contrast for the dark theme...but anyway! To business! Business...What was I here for?

I go by Rice Man, Rice, ExtraWhiteRice, Extra Rice, White Rice, Extra, White, or "Dude" (Because...reasons?).  I'm not always the most animated character, however, I'm running low on caffeine and sleep, so out comes HYPER ME!  I guess I should go into some pretty important points...

AbOuT Me:

I'm an adult.  That means that I have responsibilities in my twenty-four year old body, despite the fact that I fancy myself as a childish mind. I live in Utah--not that you needed to know, more for timeline reference for those who don't understand what I said in my 'timeline' section below...yes, I did write this out of order. I like friends, and I stick with the friends who stick with me--meaning...well, it basically just means I forget about people who don't consistently respond.  Not that I don't remember you, but I'm not one of those people attached to their phone 24/7, I do not know a response has come in until I've logged on. That being said, if you want to know more about me, I'd love to be your friend! Even if our RP sucks and goes nowhere and both of us have super major expelliarmus writers block! (I am aware that this is a run-on sentence...).

TIMELINE:

Look, not all of us can be on all the time.  Or all day.  Sometimes even during the week I am not able to get on daily, but I get on when I can.  I work from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM MST (That's -7.  Two hours behind east coast.  One hour ahead of west coast).  I have an hour lunch, so on occasion I may post during my lunch. That being said, I will try to get on at least once a day to respond, and if it's a good day, respond Multiple Times!!!!! I do not stay up late due to my odd schedule, rather I wake up early--so my hours vary.

Every Other Saturday: I host a D&D session every other saturday.  Me no be on during most of those saturdays.  

Sundays: Proud member of the faith of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I'm not on during church (In my case, 1pm-4pm) and many times not after either, as I spend time with my special lady friend whom I couldn't love more...

EXPECTATIONS:

This is the hardest thing to explain. I usually just pop into this saying 'semi-lit to literate,' but after roleplaying for so many years (1/6/2006 was my start date, so 11 years as of three days ago), I have learned that EVERYONE has a different definition of what exactly this means.  So to explain what I mean when I say this:

Semi-literate: This means that you understand basic English (Not perfectly) and are able to formulate a paragraph that makes sense and potentially furthers the plot.

Me: I consider myself somewhere between these two things.  Intros are usually pretty long, responses once things get into dialogue usually end up being 1-2 paragraphs.  The reason I don't consider myself literate is that I have a very real struggle with explaining what my character is feeling--as well as my environment.  Not that I can't describe it, it's just that I don't think about it.

Literate: This is quality writing.  This means that not only are you able to put together a paragraph, you are able to fill it with meaningful content--that is, thoughts, feelings, sights, sounds, smells, emotions, and usually are able to expand it into at least 2-3 paragraphs.

PET PEEVE: Strictly responsive writing.  This drives me crazy to no end, because it means that I'm the only one furthering the plot.  There are some posts that can only be responsive--I acknowledge this.  This becomes annoying the moment I realize that every single post is a responsive post.  This is a cooperative writing experience, we should both be contributing meaningful advancement- and if we have nothing to contribute or you feel blocked, talk to me about it! I get writers block a lot.  It takes patience and time to work through it

All of this being said...If you are looking to improve your writing, I'm probably not the best person.  Oh, yes, I was in the place where my entire response for a post was: "He said "What?" That's it.  Three words.  I'm not saying I'm intolerant to people who do not yet have their writing skill developed, only that I'm not a great teacher.

Writing samples: For the fun stuff! This is what my writing looks like.  Take it or leave it. If you are interested, post or PM me.  If not, then don't!

Riala: Some of my -better- writing in this one.

Riala's eyes flew open, it was now time for the hunt hurriedly, she got dressed in her hunter's outfit--leathers that lay directly against her body, allowing for maximum movement and camouflage in the forests where their quarry awaited. Riala's black hair seemed a bit tangled, so she spent some time brushing it out before tying it into a braid. She did not want it getting in her line of sight while she was hunting. Soon afterwards, she went to the kitchens where servers were working on breakfast for the royal folk of her home; mainly the king and queen but also the guards. It was their job, and they were paid well for it. They helped her put together something to carry along with her for lunch as well as served her a decent amount of breakfast, claiming she was too thin or some nonsense like that.

She was off. She met the other hunters at the front gate of their town, and they departed to the forest to hunt for deer and elk--there weren't many other native animals to these parts. Once they were at the forest, they set up a meeting place, ran through the signals that were used more often and split up. Riala, exhilarated to be out on her own, had her oak wood bow in her hand, and her eye on the watch for her prey. An hour went by, two before she finally found what she was looking for; a herd of deer grazing in an open area. She let out two shrill chirps to signal that she found what they were looking for; they would eat well tonight, with this. She waited, keeping an eye on the grazing animals while her team approached, silent as a mouse in this forest that they all knew. Riala, having spotted the quarry, would be given the first shot. She nocked an arrow, taking aim through the thicket of trees, straight to the spine of the largest deer there--the one with the biggest antlers. She didn't know why, but the male deer meat tasted much better than the female meat.

Her arrow released, but the deer seemed to have been startled at that exact moment, as it had perked up and trounced off...in fact, all of the deer were running. She was a good enough marksman to hit a moving target, so she had another arrow ready in only a moment to kill the one that had gotten away; other arrows flew to some of the surrounding, taking no more than they would be able to carry back. It wasn't until now that they realized what had startled the deer.

A crash--an impact large enough to be a meteor smacked into the middle of the clearing, creating a decently sized crater about two men tall in diameter. They had gotten their quarry, most of them, but the curiosity of what had just struck the ground got the better of them. Riala was the first one to the crater site, and what she saw she couldn't believe. A...boy.

Alden: Some of my lower-key writing.

Breakfast was served. It smelled normal to Alden, though he could tell the cook put something extra 'special' into it today--she did it on special occasions. Apparently, today was one of them, first day alone with Rayna in the villa. He would swim after breakfast--he took the seat opposite Rayna. They wouldn't be sitting next to each other, rather facing each other so that there could be conversation. Alden tested the chair before he fully sat down--the place had been unmanned except for a dusting staff that was sent through a bit before their arrival. It had been empty for a while before, so it was necessary to check things--remembered by his early-morning tumble. 

"Yeah, it's breakfast. Lunch will be a bit later today because it's a late breakfast." Alden's smile from earlier had returned to it's reclusive cave, his face pensieve. He was quiet as he ate, his eyes remaining averted from Rayna. "How was your trip?" He asked, more out of formality than interest. The food, as well, he seemed disinterested in. He ate, of course, but he seemed so lost in thought that he wasn't tasting the food that he ate. 

'That card...she didn't tell me what it meant. Why?' he wondered, putting his fork down after a few bites and leaning back in his seat, carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh! Totally forgot.  Plot ideas/things I like to RP about:

Mainly I'm a Fantasy roleplayer.  Many of my characters are <As of now> undeveloped, but I do not play any premade characters--only originals that are my creation--the main reason is because if I played someone else's character, I would butcher it.

I also don't mind futuristic/modern roleplays (So long as there is a touch of magic/super epic science-explained ability involved), but I'm not quite as good at them. Romance should not be the main theme, but if it develops with the roleplay, fantastic! PG-13, please.

Plot ideas!??

I am at a loss for this.  I'm open to a lot of suggestions, but despite by craving for some sort of epic roleplay, I have run clean dry of plots.  I could re-use one of my old ones, if we're really at a loss, but mainly I need springboard ideas so we can start our EPIC ROLEPLAY OF AWESOMENESS!

WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS.

If don't don't get reference I'll link you to the video cause it's all I think about when I read your name. X3

Anyway, hello! Name's Stone and I've itching for a fantasy RP at the moment. I have a few ideas but do you have any of your own you want to try? ^^

Nice reference, Stone!

I've done so many plots that any idea I'm going to come with is going to be one of the previous plots I've done.  What ideas do you have?

Thanks for reading through that long intro! Most people don't have the patience.  Including myself, sometimes!

Nice reference, Stone!

I've done so many plots that any idea I'm going to come with is going to be one of the previous plots I've done.  What ideas do you have?

Thanks for reading through that long intro! Most people don't have the patience.  Including myself, sometimes!

;3

I have a few I can PM to you! And I have a moderately long one on my own search, so this wasn't that bad. I've seen much longer... 0-0

;3

I have a few I can PM to you! And I have a moderately long one on my own search, so this wasn't that bad. I've seen much longer... 0-0

I'd love to see your ideas!

I could have gone on longer, but the more I typed the more I was like: "I doubt people are going to read through this..."

I'd love to see your ideas!

I could have gone on longer, but the more I typed the more I was like: "I doubt people are going to read through this..."

However. I'm your biggest stalker, so I read everything. (Though, I will honestly say that I zoned out while reading your example writing for Riala.. *coughs*) Anyways.. I should really post for you, shouldn't I? Posting may actually help me be distracted this week on the days when my bf is busy doing things without me. Dx  Tell me which rps you want me to respond in, and I'll force myself to do them! I promise!

As I was reading your introduction to yourself...I realized that I have started to drift in that "only response" way of posting. Dx Its like.. my mind has reverted to thinking like.. "Oh this is their story idea, so I should follow their lead." And now that you've brought it to my attention..I feel crappy. Dx  Maybe I'm so unskilled with writing that I can't get out of my way of thinking and haven't been able to write because of how stupidily I have been thinking! *gasps and sobs* I'm sorry I've let you down! 

However. I'm your biggest stalker, so I read everything. (Though, I will honestly say that I zoned out while reading your example writing for Riala.. *coughs*) Anyways.. I should really post for you, shouldn't I? Posting may actually help me be distracted this week on the days when my bf is busy doing things without me. Dx  Tell me which rps you want me to respond in, and I'll force myself to do them! I promise!

As I was reading your introduction to yourself...I realized that I have started to drift in that "only response" way of posting. Dx Its like.. my mind has reverted to thinking like.. "Oh this is their story idea, so I should follow their lead." And now that you've brought it to my attention..I feel crappy. Dx  Maybe I'm so unskilled with writing that I can't get out of my way of thinking and haven't been able to write because of how stupidily I have been thinking! *gasps and sobs* I'm sorry I've let you down! 

I was NOT referring to you MD, and for those who know that I'm still up...I'm not really, been talking with family...

My issue with you and Raymie isn't that it's an issue, it's just that our rps are so slow that we only get posts once every 1-2 months.

I was NOT referring to you MD, and for those who know that I'm still up...I'm not really, been talking with family...

My issue with you and Raymie isn't that it's an issue, it's just that our rps are so slow that we only get posts once every 1-2 months.

Lol I know. I do feel super bad about that though.. I am terrible. Dx I procrastinate so badly! And I have like... all the time in the world..to be honest. x.x But even so. My promise still stands. Tell me which rp you want me to post in desperately, and I shall do it. Even if it just bides you some time until you find another rper to fill in my enormous gaps. 

Lol I know. I do feel super bad about that though.. I am terrible. Dx I procrastinate so badly! And I have like... all the time in the world..to be honest. x.x But even so. My promise still stands. Tell me which rp you want me to post in desperately, and I shall do it. Even if it just bides you some time until you find another rper to fill in my enormous gaps. 

I don't know which rps are needed... but anyway! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back