Mission: What A CAT-astrophe!

Malikai

What's The Story Mother?
April 24, 2040
Time: 1:45 P.M.
It is a nice and sunny April day. The city of Baltimore has been fairly calm, especially considering there is an active terrorist group in the city. There has been no recent problems with supers and in general the day has been relatively empty with crime. Overall the city is having a nice and calm day. Well, up until about forty minutes ago.

Just as many residents of Baltimore were finishing off their lunches or fully getting back to work chaos erupted across the city. Although it was a relatively unnoticed and minor chaos. All across the city an army was being led. This army had a sole mission in mind, and it was devious and cunning about achieving it. What was this army? Well cats obviously. These cats had begun their journey slowly and over the course of the last few minutes had been picking up steam rapidly. Now while there might not be as many cats in Baltimore as the average city all of them moving at once definitely attracted attention. Which soon attracted a police call, that resulted in a call to the mayor, that wound up going straight to AEGIS where it promptly fell in the hands of a very unready teacher.

Mr. Lowe was definitely not ready for the report that had been slammed down on his desk. He was even further unready for the idea that he would be personally involved in finding out what the issue was. Apparently none of his superiors found the impromptu cat migration a problem, neither did he of course, and so they had delegated it down to him. Faced with a seemingly impossible task of going out into the city to help out all the cats that might be in trouble while also finding out the source of the problem led to him giving a quick announcement for any students and supers that would be willing to help to meet him at the front entrance to AEGIS.

Which led to now, five minutes after Lowe had made the announcement he was standing ready by the doors. A box of walkie-talkies was in his hand, and a strange confidence filled him. He was fairly sure that students would show up to help with his problem, he wouldn't have gotten the box if he wasn't sure. Now all he had to do was wait for students to filter in. He glanced down at his watch to see only a minute had passed and let out a sigh.

<MISSION NOW CLOSED TO PUBLIC>
The Posting Order is Now:
The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel Noble Scion Noble Scion Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Lemon Boy Lemon Boy Gus Gus The Mechanist The Mechanist ChaosZereul ChaosZereul Damafaud Damafaud
Lowe, L
Lewis Lowe is the current substitute Mental Discipline teacher. He possesses the power of limited telekinesis. He won't be taking part directly in this mission and will be standing on the sidelines directing the students and supers on where to go. This also clearly shows his level of trust in the students that they'll be alright to get around the city on their own as the thought that they might get lost has not even crossed his mind.

Last edited:
Maple Warrain
With:
Noble Scion Noble Scion | Eliza Nova​

It felt good being back in the states after a long time away. Even better, she got to share the experience with a friend. Maple had spent most of the morning showing Eliza around the campus of Facility 108 after treating her to a breakfast of fluffy pancakes. Being the filing clerk for the school she was also able to help the younger woman square away any remaining paperwork that needed to be done for Eliza's enrollment. With lighthearted steps and a jovial tone she led the exploration of the main building, the gym, the clinic, and even out to the docks at the water's edge where funny looking floats were being set up for an exam of sorts.

Dressed in a gray long-sleeve shirt, black cargo pants and shoes, and a beanie matching the rich blue of her eyes Maple hardly looked like an official tour guide, or even a staff member. Some people might have even mistaken her for another student wandering about. Taking things in stride however the woman stretched her hands high up over her head at the edge of the docks, groaning wistfully as she pitched the idea of taking a trip in the summer to visit a warmer coastline.

It was at that point she paused as her phone buzzed and came to life, singing a song she had picked specifically for blue card emergencies. The song made a grin break out on her face as she eyed Eliza playfully. She hoped that one day Eliza would also be able to become a blue card holder too. Taking her phone out she apologized as she checked the text message. It was a general alert for help, something about a large group of cats causing trouble in the city. The attached pictures made the woman stifle a giggle as she showed one picture to Eliza. The photo was taken from a traffic camera, and showed cats climbing over cars and making a nuisance of themselves by marching into the intersection and blocking traffic.

"There's an emergency in town, and I need to go herd cats. If they're all strays I might just scoop a couple up for myself, ahah~." Maple pocketed her phone next as she perked her brows up at the Eliza, smiling. "...hey, wanna save the world with me? We just gotta meet Mr. Lowe in front of the school first."

Eliza Nova
With:
The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel - Maple Warrain
Malikai Malikai - Leon Lowe (Mr. Lowe)

It felt strange being on an entirely different continent from the one she had known since the day of her birth. Eliza and her family had never really travelled much, and all of a sudden she was to spend her life dozens of hours away from what she knew as her home! "How strange indeed" she mumbled quietly to herself in her distinctly accented voice as she stalked after her make-shift guide and first person she considered her friend in her "new life" in the United States of America, trying to balance focusing on Maple and sifting through her thoughts as she wobbled through the streets unsteadily as small, almost indistinguishable apparitions flitted around the edges of her eyes

A sudden up-beat tune shook her out from within her mind as her travelling companion flipped out her phone and eyed Eliza with a large grin before shifting it back to the small chunk of technology in her palm. Eliza gave a small, nervous yet slightly excited grin back, the delicious pancakes from earlier forming butterflies in her stomach as the prospect of joining a new school finally hit home. Merely moments later, a small picture of apparently limitless cats charging through an intersection filled her vision, forcing a chuckle up out from the fake bunny-eared girl's chest. "That's adorable." she smiled, resisting the urge to give out a large "awwwwh!"

"Sure! Let's go. I've always kinda dreamed about being a hero.. Never exactly a kitten-saving hero.. More like a flying through the sky and beating up baddies hero, but I'm sure this will do" Eliza joked as they followed the pavement towards the school, wandered through the gates and made their way towards the kind, yet serious man standing at the door. "Ehm.. Hello! I am Eliza Nova and my companion here is Maple Warrain. Nice to meet you! Are you here to greet us?" she asked, attempting to keep an upbeat attitude and make a good first impression, despite her eyes constantly flicking off to the side at the little things only she could see, occasionally attempting to bat them away nonchalantly.​

Aiden Eillie Fowler
50651018_p0editedsmall_by_necessity4fun-dbggthm.jpg

People Around: Two white-haired girls, though one is more towards grey (Eliza and Maple) and a formally dressed adult, perhaps a staff member? (Mr. Lowe)
Interactions:
Malikai Malikai , The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel and Noble Scion Noble Scion

I said one line and already messed it up... *sigh*
Glancing down at his phone, Aiden inspected the screenshot of the map, comparing it with his surroundings. The street sign across the block read Riverside Drive, letting him know that his destination wasn't that far, in fact just a couple more blocks to go and he should be able to see 108's walls.
Having located himself, the boy then glanced at the clock briefly before putting the device away for good. Oh, shoot! It was getting really close to 2 PM, he hoped the staff member that would accompany him today wasn't waiting for long. To his understanding, he was already prying someone from their job for this and the teen would hate to be an even further nuisance to them.

He sped up, holding the sling of his messenger bag as he crossed block after block. Soon the sign had changed to the one of Railroad Avenue, indicating that he was getting closer to 108. That's when anxiety decided to catch up, the prospect of reaching the place now filling his mind with the very same doubts of that morning: What if they didn't like him? What if he said something incredibly stupid and everyone saw him do it? What if he didn't like the place and then found himself obligated to stay 3 hours per day in an environment he didn't felt comfortable in?! Oh... There was just so much that could go wrong.

Once he reached the next block, it had gotten so overwhelming that Aiden was forced to stop.
Taking support on a wall nearby, he took some time to calm down and set his breathing rate back to a more normal level. No, no freaking out today, there was no reason to and it wasn't going help anything. He was just having a tour through facility 108, nothing else and it would all be done pretty soon. Come on, he had picked both the day and the time to make this a lot easier, a slow day during the class time just so that he would have to run into the fewest strangers possible. The only person he would have to interact with would be whoever was leading the tour, and that was it. Also, he shouldn't bail on an appointment that he had set up himself, now that'd be just plain rude!

He sighed. Why was something like this getting him so worked up? The boy had transferred schools before, a lot of times, so thinking about this rationally, transferring facilities should be just as simple... But why didn't it feel like that then? Honestly, sometimes these emotional responses just made absolutely no sense. Welp, If the teen hadn't been late before, now he most certainly was, he'd have to apologize once he got there...

Determined to get to his destination, hopefully without any more panic attacks on the way, Aiden sped up again finally getting across the very last block. He passed by 108's outer walls, admiring how clean and well cared for they seemed, though they could probably use some more color. Just because the attendance was government imposed it didn't mean everything had to look bland and lifeless, if anything, it should be the opposite...
As he neared the gate, the sound of chatter became clearer making the boy halt movement almost immediately. Uh-oh, there were people by the entrance and more than he had accounted for, what now? He glanced all around him nervously, waging in his options of stepping forward, waiting right there or even leaving altogether to come back another day. After a minute of consideration, he decided to go for it. He had gotten so far already, the gate was soooo close. No giving up now!

Aiden took a deep breath and kept on moving towards the entrance. His steps were slow, cautious and, though the practice was in no way flattering given his height, he had also brought his bag and arms closer to his body, arching his back in a way that made him seem even smaller and more apprehensive. The only thing 'colorful' about his figure was his aqua-green sweater and the yellow-framed glasses:

"G-g-g...", the boy stammered before gulping down and trying again, "G-good morning! .... Ah! I mean, afternoon. G-good afternoon everyone..."

He glanced up to catch sight of who he had been talking to and was a bit taken aback. Being in presence of the two more fashionably dressed girls and one formally dressed adult made Aiden, with his very casual and geeky style, feel intimidated and extremely out of place, the height differences weren't helping his case either.
Ah great, maybe he should have gone back home after all. This whole thing already felt like a complete disaster.

Last edited:
spider_lily_by_meowworkstm-dbfqxw8.png

Mood: Impatient & Unimpressed
Company: Weird Gasmask, Cosplayer and two normal human beings. One of them is pretty small.
@'s: Malikai Malikai The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel Noble Scion Noble Scion Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun
Other: Not a very happy boi.
Isaac Thorburn"I'm not fucking animal control you know" Isaac growled into the phone, half tempted to throw it at the wall given how stupid the suggestion sounded in just about every way possible.
"Ye-yeah alright but hear me o-"
"I can hear you and it sounds dumb still."

"Isa-Isaac just let me convince you that this is a good idea ok?" Meltdown said, breathing heavily and rapidly across the line. One of their moments then. Isaac rubbed the bridge of his nose, now feeling like a bit of a prick.
"Fine, ok, I'll give you a minute to take something and then I'll hear you out."

Throwing the disposable phone down onto the table, he just glared at the cat laying beside him that seemed to be utterly disinterested in him and the conversation he was taking a break from. Isaac wouldn't have minded trading places for a few minutes, being able to have no care in the world and just exist without having to do anything, worry about the future or the past. Then he wanted the cat to get out of his sight. He was envious of a fucking cat of all damn creatures.
"I hope you know that your kind are the reason that this is happening at all."
Jojo did not respond, being a cat and all. All she did was give him a passing glance before going back to lounging and staring off into space, thinking about things that cats thought of. Torture he imagined, given how sadistic Jojo was towards any other thing on the earth that wasn't him. Isaac joined the sedentary creature in staring at the wall that was marked with shelves holding an assortment of potted succulents. Five minutes past before a sound came from the phone. Quickly snatching it back up the moment the faint voice called out, he brought it up.
"Sorry" Isaac said in a rather flat tone. Never was any good at all the mushy shit like this.
"It's fine. Hate my power, hate my power, hate it, hate it, hate it."
"You've said so in the past. So why actually should I go along with this...idea of yours?"
"Well you want to find out more about the Commonwealth don't you? To do that, you gotta get close to them and for that you be achieved, you gotta find an in. This is the perfect in and unlike half the stuff you do, which shouldn't be done in the first place by the way, this is pretty safe in my opinion. Once you get in, you'll be able to get started. Understand?"

Isaac thought about it. It sort of made sense.
"Yeah."
"Ok good. So here's the deal. There's this guy, Mr Lowe, some teacher at the facility, calling for help with all this cat business happening in this trash-trash heap of a city. Obviously you can't just suddenly walk up to the guy, not associated with the facility or the Commonwealth at all, and say you want to help because that's a bit weird. So what I've done is made you a fake bluecard, which should be in an envelope outside of your door right now. Don't ask, got Hopscotch to do it earlier. With that card, you'll be able to help and by helping, you'll get the Commonwealth and the facility on your radar and them on yours."
"I don't have a radar."
"It's a saying Isaac."
"Don't get it."
"Right. Anyways, all you gotta do is help them out with all this crap and that'll help out with the stuff you want to know, yeah?"
"....Sounds good I guess. Still dumb, but good. Anything I should know?"
"Not really. Should get a move on though, the guy's waiting outside from what I can see from the cams."
"That's weird."
"It's intelligence gathering, and It's benefiting you so no It isn't. Usual cost for this stuff, 11:00pm by the Brahn's Best bakery? Hopscotch should be there to collect. Same food and medicine as last time for me. One favour that I can call in within a month."
"Yeah got it. Thanks."
Isaac ended the call before chancing a look at the clock. It was nearly half past and he hadn't even showered yet. Didn't know where this Facility 108 was either.
Fuck.
Standing on the street opposite of the facility breathing heavily, Isaac gave a look over the place. Looked like crap in comparison to the one he was made to go to in Annapolis. Then again, It was Baltimore. Probably looked more like a palace than a death camp if it was put next to any of the other buildings in the city. He could also see some of the people gathered outside at the gate. A small group and none of them looked like the impressive heroes he imagined the slightest. One of them looked weird from a distance, wearing some sort of cosplay, but the others looked relatively normal he thought. Rubbing the scar wrapped around his left arm, he crossed the street and approached the group, getting the perfectly forged bluecard out and twirling it out in his right hand.
They looked even less impressive up close.

"Guess you're the group helping out with the dumb ass cats in this city?"

Manami Hamasaki
stingray.png

Down among the weeds at the bottom of the Patapsco river, Manami drifted with the incoming tide. Sulking. She and mother had gotten into a fight again, and father had gotten very cross with her. Rather than apologize, she had leapt from the boat and fled.

Graduation was in two days, but now she was no longer excited. She was miserable. None of her usual activities seemed to be able to cheer her. The ocean felt hollowed out and empty. The estuary was stale. Bear creek was just... shallow.

She'd even tried doing flips, but after one half hearted jump, she had given up.

She drifted.

Maybe, she thought, she should go for a walk or something. Usually, going up to the surface just made her more fuzzy. Cloudy as she was though, she could hardly imagine gulping air could make it worse. Maybe, at least, she could find somebody to talk to.

Sluggishly, she swam in to shore and hauled herself up onto one of the docks at sparrow point. She flopped out of the water and lay there for a minute, wondering if it would be better to just dry up in the sun for a while. At least then the water would feel good when she went back in. She panted lightly as her body began to adjust, and wished there were clouds to study. Quickly, she became bored with the blue sky, even emptier than the ocean, and rolled over onto her stomach. Some distance away, she heard voices. Pressing her palms against the dock, she popped up and looked toward 108. There was a small group gathering by the front gate. Her brows knit together. Morning classes were long over. Afternoon classes were not yet... were they? Had she been down under the river feeling sorry for herself for that long? Suddenly nervous, she jumped to her feet and hurried over. She wasn't sure she recognized any of the people in the group until she spotted Mr. Lowe. She knew him. Mental Discipline was by far her hardest class, unless maybe it was Political Powers. Admittedly, it had gotten a little easier since he had come to take over for Mr. Torchinovich. All the loud music had hurt her head. But even now, she found concentration difficult within the classroom... if only they could have classes under water!

Her feet were still hurrying her over toward the group when she remembered that she might have missing homework to do for him. Did she? Kujiranoshippo! She almost turned and fled back to the docks, except she had been spotted now and was too embarrassed to make a run for it. She slowed to a snail's pace and tried to edge around the periphery of the group, eventually stopping by the elbow of a small boy she didn't recognize. He wore a pretty sweater colored like the sea and was clutching an overstuffed bag protectively.

Manami squatted down and glanced furtively up at the teacher, sure she was about to get scolded about being late for class.

"Sorry, Lowe-Sensei. I lose track of time. I bought waterproof watch. It broke."

Renellius Cortez
IMG_9903.JPG
Sitting on a bench within Baltimore.

"Si tio....si I know....of course!....did you check the top shelf?....I told you it was there.....I know there's a lot of shelves....I said the fifth one from the old Cadillac....left and rights tio, si....well I'm glad you found it..." Renellius was sitting on a bench after he received a phone call from his uncle asking where the adapter for the impact gun was. Renellius of course always remembering where everything was had to guide the man to find it to apparently work on a Mexican vehicle that weird lug nuts on it. "I love you too tio, give tia my love too...alright tio....de nada...ok adios."

Sighing he hung up the phone and leaned back running a hand through his long hair as he slid the phone back into his pocket. He only looked up for a moment before a grin broke out on his face and he began to softly laugh. "Ay tio....I'm not even gone for too long and you're already a mess..." he said to himself softly as he sat back up and looked around. "I don't have class today....so what am I to..." there was a shuffling to his right causing him to turn.

A trash can lid had been knocked over and there was a cat standing upon the now visible garbage. It was an orange tabby, about a couple of years old but it stood there and turned to Ren upon noticing he was staring directly at the feline. Slowly getting up Ren approached, "now what are you up to little Cato? Looking for some food?" He asked as he crouched in front of the feline who only continued to look, not even feeling the slightest bit threatened. "Well you're not afraid of me so that's good....may I pet you?" He asked, his Mexican accent partially noticeable as he raised a hand to the cats head. It didn't move or flinch, so to him that was consent as he gently began to rub its head. Immediately the felines eyes closed as it moved its head further into his hand, "oh so you like that?....you wanna be my friend? We can eat all kinds of pescado y mariscos together at my place." He said jokingly as he continued.

That's when he felt something rub up against his thigh causing him to turn, "oh! Another cat, do you want some petting too?" He asked as he used his free hand to pet the newcomer cat. Then there was more rubbing on his other side as another cat appeared, "...and another, where are...." he felt tiny claws on his back as a kitten mounted his mountain of a back, hiking up to his shoulder and sitting there, "a kitty what?" Then more cats began to approach from all directions, some meowing and vying for Ren's attention and petting. "Wait what's...." he couldnt finish as some of the more brave felines began to climb up onto his lap while others placed small dainty paws on him to garner his attention, "what's going on here?!"

Last edited:
Lewis Lowe
Nearby: Maple Warrain and Eliza Nova ( The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel and Noble Scion Noble Scion ), Aiden Fowler ( Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun ), Isaac Thorburn ( Lemon Boy Lemon Boy ), Manami Hamasaki ( Gus Gus )​

Lowe felt a bit impatient. There was no reason for him to be, he had only just recently gave the announcement about looking for help. It's just that he wanted this situation taken care of as quickly as possible. The success of this mission reflected on him after all. If he was able to lead a few students, and possibly blue card supers, to taking care of a city-wide problem there could be the potential for greater things. Greater things for him meant the possibility of moving into a job higher in Commonwealth! I mean, a substitute teacher could dream, couldn't he? Though at the very least Lowe was hoping to get a job at the Facility, because with how nice everyone was he wanted to keep working here. He had already taken a liking to some of the kids around as well.

The two girls who approached him were, however, not anyone that Lowe recognized. One of them had grey hair and was wearing a grey shirt with long sleeves, black cargo pants, and a blue beanie. She looked like she could've possibly been a staff member, but not to Lowe. Lowe immediately assumed from her informal dress she was a student. The other girl, well, the other girl just looked like a rabbit. Sure her clothes were not fitting in with that design, but those ears and that tail definitely fit the look. Lowe thought it was a strange look for a student, but then he remembered what school this was. A smile spread over Lowe's face as he walked over to meet the two girls halfway, "It is very nice to meet both of you Ms. Warrain and Ms. Nova. My name is Mr. Lowe, and I am definitely here to greet the both of you, that is if you are here for our..." Lowe struggled to find a word, and his face lost the smile while he thought. His eyes switched looking between Maple and Eliza, the latter of which he noticed was occasionally flicking her eyes off to the side, Probably her power, but it wouldn't hurt to ask her about it.

Finally finding an adequate word he cleared his throat, "'Situation'. Uh, forgive me for asking, but Ms. Nova is there something the matter with your eye? You keep glancing to the side there. I just want to make sure that you know you're doing it and it's not a... thing worth addressing. Back to the situation however, I assume both of you students are here to help out! For which I'm thankful, as you are the first two to show up!" Lowe's eyes moved past the two of them, and he kept where he was to listen to the both of them in case either of them was about to talk to him. All the while however he noticed that a very shy green-sweatered boy with glasses was slowly working his way over to the three of them, Very shy, should definitely make him feel welcomed.

When Aiden walked up and managed to stammer out a 'Good Afternoon' to the three of them Lowe regained his smile back. He stepped around the two girls and crouched down to closer match the boy's height. He extended his hand out to the smaller boy, "Good afternoon! My name is Mr. Lowe, I assume you are a new student here? So great to see the newer students so quick to join out and help the community, as I'm sure you are here to help out with the cats around the city." Lowe stayed crouched for just a bit to hear the boy's response, before rising up and stretching his arms out. Even if the boy was not here to help out with the cats Lowe knew it was best that he get some activity and interaction with some of the other students. Which meant the forced volunteering that Lowe had done.

The next person to show up was apparently a blue card holder. Lowe was surprised that an actual licensed super had arrived, but was definitely not upset by this. That is until he heard the man speak. Something about his tone gave off the impression that he was less keen to orders than the others. Lowe's smile disappeared for a moment and he narrowed his eyes, scrutinizing the man. Then suddenly his eyes widened up and a smile just like what was present appeared, although the look in his eyes was more analytical as he stared at the man, "Pleased to meet you too. My name is Mr. Lowe. We are indeed the group hoping to solve the problem of the cats. I'm guessing you are here to help?" The side of Lowe's head glowed a deep purple, as did the blue card in Isaac's hand as it floated into Lowe's hand. He studied it for a moment, possibly a moment longer than needed, and then floated it back over to Isaac, The card checks out, I suppose I shouldn't assume that being a super under the Commonwealth would take out any rebellious side.

The final person to arrive was a much more familiar face. Manami Hamasaki, great student and incredibly polite. It didn't take long for Lowe to grow a liking to her, and the smile he had on his face was there before he had planned it to be, "Miss Hamasaki! Don't worry about being late as you are just on time! We are going to be rescuing some cats in the city! I'm glad you've decided to come along," Thinking for a moment about what he remembered of Manami he tried to strike up further conversation, "Manami how are your parents doing? Fishing going well this time of year?" Lowe had hoped he hadn't misremembered who her parents were, but he was fairly confident in his mind. He chuckled, the scar on his head lighting up a bright green for just a moment.

Looking around at all the people who had shown up, he determined this would be good enough. Though he had hoped for a bit more people to arrive this should be good enough. Lowe stared over at everybody thinking over his plans before speaking, "I'm glad that you all have shown up today! Our mission today is to help out as many cats as we can in the city, and to hopefully find out the cause of this madness. I will be staying behind at the facility guiding you all on where to go. I'll be talking to you through this," Lowe tapped the box of walkie talkies and then set it on the ground in front of him, "Each of you will take one, and make sure to listen to it attentively. Our plan is to head to the park near downtown Baltimore, there is apparently a large amount of cats congregating there. Does anybody have any questions?"

Maple Warrain
With:
Noble Scion Noble Scion : Eliza Nova | Malikai Malikai : Lewis Lowe | Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun : Aiden Fowler | Lemon Boy Lemon Boy : Isaac Thorburn | Gus Gus : Manami Hamasaki​

Crime fighting like a comic book hero was the romanticized filter of what blue cards did, but even Maple couldn't deny the idea sounded pretty damned neat. Relocating armfuls of cats was definitely a step down from that dream. That didn't make the assignment any less important, though. Something simple was also a great way to help Eliza get accustomed to her new home, and if she so desired the younger woman could probably take a kitten with her after all this was done. Maple herself was already trying to think of names for a pet feline as they arrived at the front gate.

Mr. Lowe was much taller in person than his school profile picture portrayed. The man had a gentle look about him, however. She offered him a friendly wave as Eliza introduced them, but her rabbit eared companion drew Maple's gaze with her awkward shooing motions. The older woman stared at Eliza's hand for only a moment before looking back to the teacher. He seemed to notice as well, even going as far as to inquire about Eliza's gestures. Casually so, she pulled her beanie off with one hand and stepped over to Eliza's other side to gently wave it about as if to chase off a bug.

"Ahh these springtime bumbles.. Must've smelled a drop of maple syrup on us from breakfast or something," explained the woman in a disinterested tone. After a couple more waves she put on a satisfied look and returned her beanie to her head. "Got your back, Eliza," said Maple with a thumb's up, willing to cover for her if she didn't feel ready enough to explain her power to a stranger. Maple knew her friend had felt ostracized before due to her power, and she didn't want Eliza feeling uncomfortable during something Maple had invited her into.

"Oh, and you can just call me Maple," added the woman cheerfully as she looked back to Mr. Lowe. It might have slipped her mind that she should have shown her blue card at first, but being called a student was an unexpected turn. It was a twist she thought to have some harmless fun with. "Here to help with that, uh.. 'Situation,'" Maple even blithely air quoted Mr. Lowe's emphasized word with excited fingers at that point. "..aaand maybe pick up a new kitten or two while we're at it."

Another voice piped up from behind. Maple turned to see a short boy in glasses stammering out a greeting. His nervousness was palpable, and it made her feel for the little guy.

"Afternoon," she returned with a warm smile before Mr. Lowe moved up to shake his hand and recruit him for the task at hand.

Again she found her eyes bouncing to another stranger, this time a tall man with red hair and purpose in his scrutinizing stare. His vulgar comment about cats bent Maple's lips into a tiny frown, but she was soon distracted by the blue card in his hand. A card which Mr. Lowe plucked out of the stranger's hand for inspection. With her own hands in the pockets of her cargo pants Maple took a couple steps forward to peek at the card from beside the teacher, putting on a curious act. At first glance she had no reason to believe it was anything but what it appeared to be.

"A bona fide blue card," she said in reverance as the card floated back to its owner. If the intense man met Maple's disarming gaze she'd offer a laid back salute and a playful wink. "Congrats, hero!"

It appeared that the group had one last attendee, a girl covered in blue scales and other fish-like physical traits. Listening to Mr. Lowe greet the girl Maple learned her name was Manami, and that she was another student here. Like the smaller boy beside her Manami didn't seem to be here specifically for the feline fiasco, but Mr. Lowe didn't let that slow him down.

A battle plan of sorts was laid out by the teacher, and Maple didn't hesitate at all to grab a walkie talkie when told to take one. Raising it in front of her mouth she thumbed a button to test it.

"Rrroger Roger," she spoke into the receiver. The other devices echoing her test put a pleased grin on her face.

Last edited:
Eliza Nova
Scythe lady.jpeg
With:
The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel - Maple Warrain - Malikai Malikai - Lewis Lowe - Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun - Aiden Fowler - Lemon Boy Lemon Boy - Isaac Thorburn - Gus Gus - Manami Hamasaki

"Oh.. Huh? My eye?! No! It's fine!" Eliza exclaimed after Mr. Lowe asked about it, her hand moving up to cover one of them as if to check on them as her friend helpfully intervened. "yeah, those pesky bees.. Always.. Uh.. There. Haha" The rabbit joked with a nervous and half-hearted laugh as a forced smile lit up her face. Her power felt more like an inconvenience most of the time, and while she didn't mind talking about it to friends like Maple, she was still rather self-conscious about it. Eliza returned the thumbs up to Maple as she mouthed the words "Thank you" to her, planning on repaying the kind escape to her at some point in the future. As this was going on, a fourth person crept up behind her and startled her with his sudden stuttering, causing her heart beat to, ironically, approach that of an actual rabbit's. It hadn't helped that she was already a little on edge at the prospect of coming to a new school. "AH! ah... Ah mean hi! Hello." She said, attempting to save some face as she pivoted on her foot to face her obviously nervous new friend while simultaneously willing her blushing face to calm down as she grasped her breath once more.

Yet another voice resounded throughout the group, this time with a fair bit more self-confidence than the newest member of their little group along with a tone that implied he'd much rather be somewhere else. Eliza frowned in his direction as her lips tightened slightly. She got the feeling that a word out of place and the red-head would be more than happy to embarrass her for it, so she made a mental note to stay quiet, she gave him a curt, quick nod as she shyly looked away from him towards Maple for some sort of distraction, but she seemed to be busy chatting with the leader of the group, so she simply stood closer and listened on, perfectly content with simply listening to the conversation. The thoughts of picking up a small kitten for herself helping to distract herself from what she could swear was an incredibly fuzzy drunk guy vomiting at the gate. Nobody else seemed to be reacting to him, so she pinned that down to her ability with a slightly exasperated sigh as she positioned herself to face away from the apparition.

The final member seemed to appear, at least Eliza hoped, as a fish-like girl appeared alongside Mr. Lowe, apologising for her tardiness. While Eliza was happy with more people showing up, knowing that she was going to be working alongside all of them and would need to interact with them frequently made her sweat a small amount. She was still getting used to how sociable life was here. The most she had been needed to talk was the occasional answer in class back home, and of course talking with a few of her close friends. "Greetings." Nova waved at the new girl, attempting to prevent herself from staring at the girl's unusual features for fear of being rude before Mr. Lowe interrupted the on-goings of small chatter to hand them all out walkie talkies for their simple mission. "No questions from me, sir." She mumbled, thinking that there weren't exactly many questions to be asked, and those that could would most likely be asked by another.​

Last edited:
Renellius Cortez
IMG_9903.JPG
Currently under a fluffy pile of cats​

Ren carefully struggled as best he could to escape the furry onslaught of felines as they continued to climb atop him. "Please let me go!" He begged as he propped himself up on a single elbow to let a kitten pass beneath him before collapsing back down. The feeling of soft padded paws pressing everywhere upon his body as cats and kittens alike walked all over him; a chorus of happy meows and loud purrs drowning out his attempts at calling for help. The felines all too innocently happy with receiving physical love and attention from the young man as they rubbed against him.

Even one side of Rens hair stood up due to a group of grooming cats that mistook his hair for one of their own, licking his hair up, cleaning and combing it, forcing it to stand up on end like the worst case of bed hair to ever be recorded. The feeling of cold wet noses occasionally touching his cheeks and neck as the furry felines would occasionally nuzzle him. To some itnwould be heaven, which Ren was enjoying at first but then it became too much, now he was in a mosh pit of cats that refused to let him leave, let alone stand up. And Ren couldn't use force out of fear of hurting the felines, an act he was sure to never forgive himself for.

Thinking and looking around Ren turned to the bench he once sat upon when he first discovered he feline and concentrated, but to no avail the bench only creaked a bit and didn't budge. "Damn limiters..." he mumbled to himself as he felt another cat press its purring head into the side of his face. "Why do all of you have to be so loving!"

Last edited:
Zayne Richards
ctW8DPZ.jpg

Mood: Irritated
Nearby: The Mechanist The Mechanist
Barrier Health:
As the early afternoon sun beat down on Baltimore, a surly Zayne grumbled as he walked out of what is to be his new, hopefully very temporary home, an apartment complex close to Facility 108. The Commonwealth recommended it to him and his parents, saying that several students of the Facility took up residence there. Still reluctant to the notion of attending the Facility, Zayne left the details of finding an apartment to his parents. And there was still so much left to do. What little stuff survived the fire would need to be packed up, he'd need to go out and buy a slew of new clothes to make up for the ones lost, he still had to take a tour through the Facility, not to mention meet up with the tutor who would be helping him get his last few credits for graduation from High School. The entire ordeal just wore on Zayne endlessly, to the point where he just wished to be rid of it all. As he stared at his new limiter - a wristwatch that he felt was a tad too fancy for him - Zayne noted the time, then promptly placed his hands in his pockets, deciding to go for a walk. He had been told the Facility was within walking distance...maybe he'd get a look-see before his actual Tour?

As he walked, mind reeling over his next week's tasks, he was interrupted by a faint mewing. Looking around, he spotted a few cats loitering along the sidewalk. Does this place have a stray problem? As he walked over to them, the cats immediately ran across the street and into a nearby park. Curious, Zayne opted to follow them, checking for traffic, then jogging across the street. As his gaze followed the cats, he traced their destination to a considerable pile of the furry creatures. Except...it didn't look to be just cats? Taking a few cautious steps forward, Zayne recognized the shape of a human underneath the pile of fur! With a start, Zayne rushed over and immediately tried to make himself look intimidating, clapping his hands loudly and shouting, "HEY! Get off of him! Shoo!"

He had no idea how helpful this would be, but since the cats didn't seem to be hurting whoever was underneath them, Zayne didn't have the heart to try to get physical with them.

Last edited:
Aiden Eillie Fowler

People Around: Two white-haired girls, though one is more towards grey (Eliza and Maple), Mr. Lowe, this tower of a dude (Isaac) and Manami.
Interactions:
Malikai Malikai , The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel and Noble Scion Noble Scion (Does a simple 'hello' count? >w<)

I guess we're going after some cats then... Oh, boy.
Muttering a shy 'H-hello' back to the two girls, Aiden had tried smiling only to have it coming out slightly twisted with nervousness. It was nothing but a pleasant and normal exchange, however, being in a new place and surrounded by new people was just too much to handle at once. It was sorta overwhelming. The boy was actually doing a really great job ignoring his mind's flashing flight instinct, constantly yelling at him to just book it and abscond as fast as possible...

The way Mr. Lowe had out of the blue approached him had been a bit too upfront to the teen's liking. He had flinched and edged away in response, locking his fearful gaze into the man at first, as if suspicious of him. It took him a while to effectively take the other's hand, but at least he had eventually obliged to it:

"N-nice to meet you, I uhhh... I'm Aiden. ... A-Aiden Fowler...", he replied, musing over how absolutely painful it must be to everyone else to watch this interaction unfold. Come on, you're doing fine, keep it going...

"Y-yeah, I'm transferring facilities...", he took a discreet step away from what he could only assume was a staff member, and slowly straightened his posture, "Mom's job makes us travel a lot."

Finally comfortable enough with the formally-dressed man, Aiden glanced away from him. The building up anxiety prompted him to survey the entire environment quickly, gates, other people, the sidewalk, across the street, the sky, everything. For the first time, he had noticed that one of the girls' attire was supposed to be some kind of costume, she looked like a Victorian, punk rabbit...or something like that. Probably just cosplaying a character he didn't know, it made him a bit curious. Maybe he'd run an internet search once he got home.

In the end, he had gotten completely distracted with that, missing everything Mr. Lowe had said after 'help the community'. Shoot! For how long had he been staring at the bunny-eared girl?!
Ashamed, Aiden had instantly let out an 'ah, I'm sorry!', whether the other had noticed it or not, and looked away. Stupid, stupid, stupid, why had he done that?! He had been trying to get people to like him, not creep them out! And staring was so very very very rude... Ah-ah, he deserved to get shot to death after this one.

Tuning back into the ongoing conversations, the boy saw the staff member float up a card from a new person to him. First things first, telekinesis, that was really cool. Second, this huge red-haired fellow had a blue card... Uh, what?! They had an actual vigilante with them! Twice as cool! But wait, why was a vigilante even here? Suddenly Aiden realized that he was missing some very crucial context...

Staying too close to a metaphorical tower of a person was making him feel even more out of place and smaller than he already was, so the teen had taken a step away from the group, sticking inside what would be the next 'outer circumference', if, there had been any circles drawn on the floor, of course... Not too long after that, a new party member had shown up, a female voice echoed an apology from behind him and the boy had instantly turned around to see who it was...

Aaaaand then he had lost it.

There are a few moments in life where one would stop and start wondering if things were actually happening or if they had been transported into a fictional world... This had been one of these moments for Aiden. He blinked in surprise, thinking that maybe he had been dragged inside a comic book reality or maybe a sci-fi movie would be more accurate... There were some things that you could see on TV or internet videos and believe was real, but actually seeing it live was just on a whoooole another level.

As an artist, he had the itch to sit down right there, get his pens and notebook up and sketch her unique features (He had heard the name Manami) out. The word to accurately define what he was seeing and feeling couldn't be found at that moment, but he simply really felt like this frame had to be preserved in the paper for posteriority. Fascinating. As a science geek, he had the itch to make lots of questions, as in, a mountain's equivalent of questions. There was so much he wanted to know and understand!!!!
In reality, though, Aiden was way too shy and socially awkward to comply with either of these requests. He just stood there observing this almost unearthly, magnificent individual, with his mouth hanging open like the huge dork he was. Welp, there went the whole 'trying to make a good first impression' plan. Oh well.

"...Our mission today is to help out as many cats as we can in the city..."

Mr. Lowe's announcement had brought his attention back to the rest of the group and Aiden was beyond confused. Had he said 'cats'?! As in, this little 4 legged furry creatures that meowed, had nocturnal habits and hadn't been completely tamed by human beings despite us wanting to believe the opposite... Those cats? A mission about rescuing cats... the boy wasn't sure of how he felt about that. His past experiences with the animals were, very mixed, some of them just seemed to not like him at all...

"...Does anybody have any questions?"

The boy had placed his gaze over the man almost instantly.
YES. Yes, he most certainly had a lot of questions and concerns, especially about the fact that he was supposed to be meeting a different someone right now, but, hnnng...! He couldn't. The staff member had kept such a cheerful and grateful tone through that whole thing! He was legitimately trusting them with this, ALL of them and Aiden just couldn't. He couldn't bear the thought of letting this man down and taking that from him. The teen could never forgive himself if he ever did something like that. That tour around the facility would have to wait...

With cautious steps, yet, a new resolve shining through, Aiden made his way over to the box and tentatively grabbed one of the walkie-talkies. He inspected the device briefly, pinpointed how it worked, gave a last glance towards Mr. Lowe and sighed in defeat, accepting that this was his new situation and there was no going back from here.

Last edited:

Mood: Curious.
Company: Mr Lowe, Maple, Eliza, Aiden, Fish girl.
@'s: Malikai Malikai The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel Noble Scion Noble Scion Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Gus Gus
Other: Something about good father figures having an impact and being inspiring.
Isaac ThorburnIsaac watched with mild curiosity as what looked like a fish girl approached the group speaking in an odd way that he didn't recognise and talking about watches. As he was busy examining the interesting looking Super, missing what the man was saying, his bluecard was enveloped in a purple hue before floating off. It was a tad bit annoying, having it suddenly taken from him, but he didn't mind; Father did similar stuff back home, although, that was with hard light forcefields rather than weird purple telekinesis. However, he did find it weird to not feel warmth radiating from the card when it floated back to him, a feeling he missed. Should probably give father a call later.

Thinking about home had nearly made him miss what the lady with a gas-mask said, who congratulated him on getting it in the first place and giving him a salute whilst winking. The way she acted and talked rubbed him the wrong way but he couldn't think of the right word for what it was. Didn't like it all that much though. The others as well gave off weird impressions, hesitant glances, with the small one noticeably stepping away.
"Right. Thanks," Isaac said with an uneasy tone and cautious gaze, pocketing the card so he could avoid further weird comments and looks from the others.
Listening to Mr Lowe, he didn't find anything too odd apart from the situation itself. Standard mission with a guide who they reported back to via a way of communication. The method of communication that was being planned on being used, however, was something that Isaac did find odd. He couldn't recall seeing any one of these things all that recently and he sure as hell had no idea how they work.
"How do these things work?" He asked as he snatched one out of the box, fiddling with it. Didn't feel familiar in the slightest. Buttons and a pointy thing, all of which didn't seem all that intuitive to Isaac aside from the on-off button. As he glared at the device, he saw the gas-mask lady raise it to the front of her mouth and say some odd phrase that echoed out from the devices, his included.

As he continued testing out the walkie talkie, using it more akin to a stress ball, pressing the various buttons and sides of the device roughly, he thought about how father would approach this, given the fact that he himself used to be an active hero back in the day. Isaac wasn't sure how to do things right himself, couldn't really grasp all the logistics and all, but father definitely did and so now would be a good opportunity to channel him.
"The thing with helping out with the cats. What are we doing exactly, getting them out of tree's and then following the one's we help to the source of what they're trying to get to or are we returning any lost cats to the owners and then doing that? If we do find the source, how are we dealing with it? If it's a device, we destroying it, collecting it or telling whoever to examine it and take command? If it's a person or a group doing it for whatever reasons, are we going to arrest them for..," Isaac thought of the word. It was some sort of criminal legal term he once heard father talk about and some of his colleagues like Hopscotch when they were out doing vigilante work

"Disturbing the peace, public discourse, something around that mark, or do we do something else? If it ain't either of those, like someone dumping a load of tuna into a junk yard that the cats want to get a taste for, we meant to clean up? How's this whole source stuff being dealt with?"
There were ways of doing things that Isaac liked and disliked. Usually he didn't care for half of this crap, if someone was messing with how things should work, they should get a good pummelling, but apparently it was a good idea to ask before doing. Hard to do in the moment, impossible even, for him, but in a situation like this?
He guessed he could listen to his old man's advice when it came to this.

Manami Hamasaki
stingray.png
Mood: Improving...
Nearby: Two new students, Clerk Maple, Sensei Lowe... And a genuine blue card?!!
@s Noble Scion Noble Scion Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel Malikai Malikai Lemon Boy Lemon Boy welian welian

Manami rose to her feet and bowed low to Senesei Lowe. "Sensei! I am happy to rescue cats. I am promise to show utmost mental discipline during our adventure and make you proud Sensei Lowe! I have not had an adventure for many weeks. Not since the ride in the van with JJ and Shishi- Shesee- CeeShe- SEE-CEE-Li-ah... That was maybe too much adventure day." She giggled behind her hand at the memory. Then she remembered: Nobody here had been on that adventure. Also, she was not supposed to talk about it because it was secret. Big Sensei Chernov had said so, after Not even mother and father knew about that day.

Her eyes got big. She looked at the ground. She reached down and fiddled with the knobs on one of the radios, then took it and straightened up. She looked left, then right and finally in a tiny voice said

"I am never been on adventure before Sensei Lowe, and I very happy to have adventure with you all now for the first time ever. Also my parents are fine, sensei, thank you for ask."

She turned to the boy with the pretty sweater, oblivious of his stares, and smiled. "You have pretty sweater. Be careful not to get cat hair on it. Cat hair is very sticky on sweaters. Mama won't let me have pets on the boat." To the red haired boy she waved shyly. "Is it true you are a blue card? My blue card test is... asatte...um... the day after tomorrow? I am very excited about that. And to meet you. And you two, too! Ms. Maple Sensei, you are new teacher to help Page Morgan teacher? She needs a lot of help. SO! MUCH! PAPERWORK! I try to help her once, but I make accident and she said to stop helping. Is enough she said. But I help you if you want. Do you have bunny powers?"

She paused, gills flapping, trying to catch up with the demands of speech.

Renellius Cortez
IMG_2292.JPG
Still under a pile of cats
The cats all turned to the newcomer with a nuetral gaze....well some did. Those that werent physically touching Ren turned to the stranger with curiosity. Upon raising his hands telling them to shoo some approached thinking he was going to play, the smaller kittens began to climb atop his shoes and beginning to scale his pants as if he were some living scratching post. Though those that were touching ren had already claimed and adopted him as their own, their smell already all over him as they had nuzzled him, licked him and rubbed up against him, the marking of many felines of various sizes and genders all over the young man.

Those that had adopted ren had taken up a defensive position, backs arced and to the side, fur standing, the felines attempted to make themselves look bigger to ward off the stranger out of fear that he would take thier newly adopted non furry cat away from them.

Ren on the other hand obviously didnt have a say in the matter, he could even speak considering the sleepy kitten that was using his mouth as its personal bed prevented him from opening his mouth and getting fur all over his tongue. He could only watch and try to see past all the felines in his field of view as a red headed stranger had attempted to help him, to convince the cats to leave so the young man may get up and possibly even get away from the cats.

ChaosZereul ChaosZereul

Zayne Richards
ctW8DPZ.jpg

Mood: Confused, but still a little irritated
Nearby: Cat-Man The Mechanist The Mechanist
Barrier Health:

This...is not what I thought would happen. Zayne stared incredulously as the cats not only didn't scatter, but some actually tried to cling onto him now. He was so used to the cats in his suburban neighborhood running before he could even approach to pet them. He lifted his leg to grab one of the kittens, pinching it by the scruff of its neck, then brought the kitten up to his face, where it gave a surprisingly loving lick to his nose. Zayne groaned, finding the act quite cute, but still too irritated to indulge the kitten. He gently placed the kitten down on the ground, then stood back up and stared at the now-defensive pile of cats, scratching his head in thought.

I don't wanna hurt you little furballs, but what else can spook you off of this poor guy? Zayne pondered for a moment before a thought sprung up in his mind. Most cats would probably run from a good jump scare, but how could he make himself more intimidating? Zayne gripped his hands a few times in concentration, then closed his eyes, slowly crossed his arms in front of his head and took a slow, deep breath. In an instant, Zayne's stomped forward with one foot and flared out both his arms and his Barrier. The barrier jutted out swiftly, but harmlessly around him, looking to others like a large blue aura that rapidly approached the prone man, but fell just short. Simultaneously, Zayne roared his mightiest, the sound audible for over a mile.

"RRRAAAAAAUUUGGGHHH!!!"

Last edited:

boy-jpg.254187

Aid Ward
Nearby:
Spiky Red Hair ( ChaosZereul ChaosZereul ), Laying Down Man( The Mechanist The Mechanist )
"Come down, now. It's not too high up. "

The cat stared at him momentarily before continue to meow. Aid bit the inside of his lips, annoyed. Currently, he was sitting on a tree branch, scooting over toward the cat. Earlier, he had gone to the park to look for Gladys' scarf. She explained to grandma, a bit embarassed, that she might have left it on top of a tree when she climbed it the night before. For what reason the 20 years old woman climbed a tree in the park, Aid didn't ask. All that matter was he had to look for it because Gladys had other appointments, as grandma said. He wasn't very happy.

It was easy enough to find the scarf; A bright blue scarf worn more for fashion than warmth. The problem was what came after. The tree was tall. Not as tall as pine trees, but tall enough to make climbing difficult. Fortunately, several branches could be used as steps to reach the scarf. After Aid took off his shoes, he managed to reach the branch where the scarf was, although he wasn't free from scratches.

Then he met the cat.

A tense ginger fur ball that for some reason ran up the tree and sat next to him. He guessed that the cat had something to do with the scurrying sound he heard when he was climbing, but the fact didn't change that the cat was now on the tree, possibly stuck. Well, he guessed he was stuck based on how he meowed pitifully.

Aid let out a long sigh. He couldn't leave the cat up there. After he wrapped the scarf around his neck over his own scarf, he scooted over toward the cat.

"Come on. I'll help you down. "

He pinched the neck of the cat and tried to lift it to his lap. He struggled for a while, unwilling to let go of the branch, but Aid pulled him forcefully, and the cat gave up. Just when Aid was going to place the cat on his thigh...

"RRRAAAAAAUUUGGGHHH!!!"

The cat, tense as it was, went to a frenzy when it heard the shout. Aid tried to stop its storm of claws, to no avail.

"H-hey, careful! Ow! "

The cat climbed up to his face. Worried of how it claws may scratch his eyes, Aid pushed the cat away. The cat flailed wildy as it fell from the tree, but Aid was not any better. With his hands pushing the cat away, he didn't have any strong grip on the branch he was on. He tried to use his legs to hug the branch stronger, but his upper torso was already leaning behind. Aid fell down.

His arms trashed in the air, trying to grab on to something to stop his fall. His right hand managed to grab on to a branch, which break and didn't slow down his fall. As the ground came closer, Aid activated his power... and dived into the ground. He grimaced in pain as he felt stings up on his cheeks and all over his body. Even if the ground was like water, falling into the surface from a height still hurts if done unintentionally.

He calmed himself down. his whole body stinged, but at least there was no visible wound. The skin of his right hand was grazed all over, but not too severe as a laceration would be. Convincing himself that he was fine, Aid swam to the surface.

The cat was nowhere to be seen. It probably ran away. What was that shout, though? Swimming toward the source of the shout... he found more cats and someone with spiky red hair. Seeing the cats all running away, Aid's eyes widened and he dived back to the ground. He loved cats. Fluffly, adorable, cute, playful, arrogant, hungry, fluffy creatures. But considering his eyes was almost scratched off by one, he didn't want any of them near his head.

After ten countings, Aid surfaced from the ground. His head and shoulder was the only part visible of his body. A man was laying down near the spiky red hair. He didn't look very energetic. So it was probably the red hair?

"Was it you that shouted? I fell from the tree because of that, you know."

Last edited:
Lewis Lowe + GM Post
Nearby/Affected: Maple Warrain and Eliza Nova ( The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel and Noble Scion Noble Scion ), Aiden Fowler ( Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun ), Isaac Thorburn ( Lemon Boy Lemon Boy ), Manami Hamasaki ( Gus Gus ), Renellius Cortez ( The Mechanist The Mechanist ), Zayne Richards ( ChaosZereul ChaosZereul ), and Aid Ward ( Damafaud Damafaud )
Lowe was clearly unsatisfied with the explanation for Nova's actions that the two girls had given him. It didn't seem as though he was ready to press about it. He narrowed his eyes for a moment before giving a slight nod, "Hmm, well it wouldn't exactly be the best idea for you two to pick up kittens that were wandering the city. Though I doubt I'll see when you actually do," Lowe winked to the two, a smirk playing on his face before it was quickly covered up by his regular straight-faced demeanor. Lowe's smile had been kept up for the shy boy, he now knew as Mr. Fowler, however, and he nodded as the boy spoke, "It is always difficult to travel often. I know I haven't appreciated my own travels too much myself."

Lowe was perfectly ready for the flood of questions he expected to come forth. However, to his surprise, the most questions only came from the man whose blue card he had temporarily swiped. Nova said she had no questions and it appeared as if Warrain did not have any either. Fowler was understandably confused, as he had been 'volunteered' for this mission. Hamasaki was too excited to ask questions, apart from those she was asking her fellow teammates. Not that this was a problem to Lowe, it did make his job of explaining easier.

Straightening his posture Lowe began to speak to everyone, even though his answers were primarily directed toward the blue card holder, "Well Mr...," Lowe began to realize he had never gotten the man's name and so he picked up the word he had heard Ms. Warrain use, "Mr. Bona Fide, our primary job is to help out any cats that we encounter while also locating the source of the disturbance. Returning cats to their owners is a job that will be reserved after this endeavor, and also hopefully not for us specifically. When we find the source we are to prevent it from causing a further disturbance if possible, and if unable to I will report back to Commonwealth and they will call the most appropriate service to get rid of said source. If it happens to be a person it is reasonable to assume we will be, at the very least, informing Commonwealth of them. Worst comes to worst however,"

Lowe picked out a large helmet that looked as though it could be tightened down. It looked like a mushroom head, and it had a blinking red light on the side to indicate it wasn't activated, "This limiter cap should be able to lower the power of any kind of super. The reason it's so big is because of it's various settings. I recommend against using this, however someone should keep hold of it. So just to recap, our primary mission is to find the source of the disturbance, but we are also to help any cats that have gotten themselves into trouble on the way."

Lowe took a moment to collect his breath and clear his throat. After a few moments of waiting to see if anyone had further questions he began speaking again, "As I said I will be communicating and guiding you all across the city with the use of these walkie talkies. It seems as though Ms. Warrain has an idea of how to operate them, so if you have any questions regarding that matter please direct them to her. Unfortunately this is all Commonwealth is willing to spare," Lowe closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath in and letting it out, "That includes transportation wise. You five will need to go through Baltimore on foot, unless any of you have another method of transportation. In which I would recommend you help on another out. Even still, this should not be a problem as the first area we need to cover is the nearest park to the Facility. According to recent reports a... 'wave' of cats has begun to crash into the park. I trust you all will handle this in a manner most suitable. Head on out, and I'll continue to brief you through the walkie talkies."

At Said Park
The park that Lowe had mentioned, and where three boys had run into some issues with a particular swarm of cats, was indeed facing the problem of way too many cats now. Although a few minutes ago cats were just packed into one area of the park they had now begun to spread out all across the park and climb up the first things they could see. While this meant one or two tall people got an unfortunate amount of cat claws on them the trend was that most cats had begun to climb up trees. They had been absolutely horrified by the loud noise that had just erupted and their panic-induced minds told them to climb up something and climb up it fast. Thus leading to the current problem at hand.

There was fifteen trees in total that were being infested with cats. Each tree held around five to twenty cats of various moods and intensities. One particular tree apart from the rest held a single orange cat that was struggling to pull its immense weight up to the top. The rest of the cats had found comfortable spots in the tree. Their problem now was that they hadn't thought of a way to get down, and all the other cats in the tree made it difficult to plan a way to jump off. Thus our heroes first mission begins!

15208314502017540 (1).png

Last edited:
Maple Warrain
With:
Noble Scion Noble Scion : Eliza Nova | Malikai Malikai : Lewis Lowe | Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun : Aiden Fowler | Lemon Boy Lemon Boy : Isaac Thorburn | Gus Gus : Manami Hamasaki​

Maybe Mr. Lowe had a point; it might not have been the best idea to adopt felines straight off the street. Any doubts to the idea were squashed just as quickly though thanks to the teacher's wink and smirk. The gestures made her chuckle softly and nod in acknowledgement of his intentions. Out of sight, out of mind worked for her.

The blue card holder's reaction to her congratulations was a bit muted, but Maple didn't hold it against the man. They were strangers after all, and wearing her filtration mask probably made a lot of people anxious. With her limiter still active she looked like a student trying to be edgy, she supposed. She kept quiet as the man put his thoughts forward about their situation. He seemed to want a plan of some kind. Maple was used to taking a more free form approach, but it wouldn't be terrible to have everyone on the same page. More so even if there really was some nefarious plot going on.

Although Maple's filtration mask sometimes put people off maybe it was because of her mask that Manami recognized her. Maple had been popping in and out of the office for the past week now. Turning her head towards the student as she was addressed the clerk nodded.

"Page is pretty busy these days, huh? Hopefully she'll be able to take a breather with me around." Hah, a breathing pun. It's context might have been lost upon the blue scaled student, but Maple silently enjoyed the unexpected amusement anyway. "Cats first, though! Paperwork isn't as fun."

Turning her gaze back to Mr. Lowe as he answered Mr. Bona Fide's questions. The nickname made her smirk softly behind her mask. It wasn't the first name she would have given the stalwart hero, but it would do until Bona Fide said otherwise. The woman did let out a soft sigh in resignation at one thing that was mentioned, however.

"Hope we don't have to get the Commonwealth involved," she quietly muttered with a look of reluctance in her eyes. That was a whole new level of paperwork that Maple didn't want to dive too deeply into. No doubt most of the cats would be quarantined as evidence for a while as well. Director Chernov didn't need this distraction on her plate right now, so hopefully they could solve things themselves today. She stared curiously at the weird looking helmet Mr. Lowe offered to them. That looked like some serious hardware, but if it was a super causing all this fuss then it couldn't be helped. Maple refrained from taking it, however; she hoped one of the quieter people would to help them feel more involved in things. Her eyes perked up slightly as Mr. Lowe mentioned the others could ask her about how to use the walkie talkies. "Yeah; can do~," she answered cordially with a nod. The only reason she knew how to operate them was because the items were donated from the Commonwealth, of course. Once the instructions to head out were given Maple reached into her pocket to pull out her car keys.

"I can take us to the park, but if the streets get crowded with more cats we'll have to walk from there," offered the woman in a helpful tone. Blue eyes singled out Bona Fide next. "You're gonna have to ride shotgun with me in the front since you're the biggest. I'll go get my car. In the mean time, introduce yourselves to each other?" There was a smile hidden by her mask, but her cheeks raising up beneath her eyes might have tipped off the perceptive. Again she raised up her walkie talkie to her mouth and spoke into it as she started walking towards the parking lot.

"I'll start," she said through the communications device, "I'm Maple, like the tree or syrup! I'll be your friendly neighborhood comms tech today, so let me explain how to use these walkie talkies then you can all practice and use them for your own introductions?" Maple then went on to quickly give the others a crash course in operating the devices. From which knobs changed the channel or volume, to what buttons transmitted speech and powered the devices on and off. Thinking that was all they needed to know for simplicity's sake, she started up the engine to her black compact sedan.

"So! Who's next?"

Eliza Nova
scythe-lady-jpeg.411805
With:
The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel - Maple Warrain - Malikai Malikai - Lewis Lowe - Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun - Aiden Fowler - Lemon Boy Lemon Boy - Isaac Thorburn - Gus Gus - Manami Hamasaki

Eliza's mind more focused on the prospect of which one she would get to take home like Maple had suggested rather than what the others were talking about. She chuckled with glee silently to herself at the thought of having one of the small bundles of fur running around with her, though she doubted she'd be allowed to have it on her person at all times. She had never owned a pet before, never mind had the responsibility to taking care of one. What things did she need to buy? Did she have enough money? What do they eat? How old do they get? What would she name it?! These things tormented her mind for a brief period of time before Eliza realised she had completely missed what was being said.

"Yes!" White rabbit defaulted to saying, not even sure of what the question was, or even if it was a question, and only vaguely realising it was coming from Lowe. The next thing she knew, a big clunky machine was handed to her via Lowe and only a single thing filled her mind, regret.
The machine was darn heavy, and she wasn't the strongest person in the world, but it was too late now, she'd already agreed to it, and she wasn't suddenly about to go back on her decision, she had to make a good first impression! So Eliza simply hefted it into a better position with a pained and sombre expression at her own mistake, only to plaster a smile over it hopefully before anyone noticed. The thing was already weighing her down and she'd only just gotten it, but her mother had always told her not to be a pain and complain, she just had to power through. How long could this mission last anyway? It was just a few cats.. Right?

After that, Eliza made sure to pay extra close attention to what was being said, silently hoping for them to get a move on before the weird contraption started to tire her out. Walkie-talkies.. Yeah, she knew how to work one too, how hard could it be? But then the real news struck her. "On.. Foot..?" she asked with a very-noticeable tremble in her voice, her eyes suddenly going wide as her mental fortitude threatened to fall underneath the weight of this small machine. "A wave of cats..? I thought it was just gonna be a few.. Like.. Maybe a couple of dozen?" Her thoughts of a short, simple mission were crushed! Suddenly, the helmet felt a whole lot heavier, and while she had never been a weak person, she had never necessarily been overly fond of physical exertion. She was about to release the biggest, yet quietest groan of her life when the miracle from Maple's lips reached her ears. She almost wanted to bound over to the masked girl and kiss her straight on right there out of joy, but resisted the urge with a small giggling blush. She had never realised Maple could drive, but she supposed she probably didn't know a lot of things about her.

"I don't mind sitting in the back." she pitched in with a smile, finding the simple luxury of vehicular travel already amazing despite the fact that she had only been carrying the hunk of metal for a matter of minutes as she slipped herself into the back seat, trying to take up as little space as possible despite the hunk of metal she cradled. Maybe her head was over-exaggerating it on her, but all Eliza knew was that she usually wasn't the first person to offer to carry things. Maple suggested introductions, and while she really didn't want to announce her name to everyone considering they probably would only know each other for the next few hours, at least she assumed, she still thought it was only respectful to do so. "I'm.. Eliza Nova. Friend of Maple and.. Uh.. Yeah I'm not that interesting.." she mumbled into the walkie-talkie held within her second hand, the small burst of adrenaline from being shocked out of her day-dreaming state finally fleeing her system, leaving her with a sudden realisation at how awkward she must have been seeming to everyone, regret, and a weird helmet that she had agreed to carry out of her own lack of attention.

"I hope this won't last too long.."​

Last edited:
Aiden Eillie Fowler

Location: AEGIS Facility 108 - Entrance Gate, probably walking towards the parking lot?
People Around: Maple, Eliza, Mr. Lowe, this tower of a dude everyone is referring to as 'Bona Fide' (Isaac) and Manami -> Minus Lowe who is staying to act as a command centre
Interactions:
Malikai Malikai , Gus Gus , Noble Scion Noble Scion , Lemon Boy Lemon Boy and The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel

I swear that sometimes it's almost as if I do these things to myself on purpose...
"It is always difficult to travel often. I know I haven't appreciated my own travels too much myself."

"Ahh... D-do you travel often too?"

Social awkward as he was, Aiden had the tendency to grasp onto bits of the conversation he could relate to and run with them, even if the subject turned out to be the most mundane and boring thing in the face of the Earth. As such, when the man had commented about travelling it had sparked a newfound sense of connection, the boy's eyes widened in both a mix of surprise and awe... Suddenly he felt a lot less of an outsider.

The one standing out right now was actually the blue card and it wasn't just his height. In a display of focus and discipline, the vigilante had shot Mr. Lowe with a number of well thought-out, very specific and rather useful questions, giving out the impression that he definitely knew what he was doing...
Aiden couldn't decide if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

On one side it was great to have an expert around, that way he could ask questions on the go, without having to bother the formally-dressed staff member through the walkie-talkie needlessly. But, on the other hand... He didn't know if he could ever approach the guy to ask anything. Maybe it was just his lack of people skills speaking, but there was something disconcerting about the other's behavior that made the teen nervous upon merely thinking about interacting with the ginger. Lowe had made him feel welcome and more at home, meanwhile, this dude just made him feel threatened and uninvited... Not the type of person one would desire to ever annoy.

He averted his gaze, just having made himself uncomfortable with those couple of lines of introspection, and the boy had turned around in time to meet Manami's smile. It was strange how focusing on this or that person seemed to change the atmosphere of the entire place and even more odd how ridiculously sensible Aiden seemed to be to said changes, but the aquatic girl's bright disposition had been a nice break from the tension of before:

"Oh, uhh... Yeeeah, I-I guess you're right...", the boy had replied with a brooding expression, having just noticed the extent of this predicament, "Honestly... I guess I'm more worried about their paws? 'Cause sharp claws, wool woven sweaters that just doesn't seem like a good combo. If I had known prior to leaving, then I could have put something else, though that's probably my fault for not watching the news...", he scratched his face awkwardly letting out a soft laugh.

"Wait, did you say your mom won't let you have pets on the boat?"

But the energetic girl seemed to have already moved on, directing the others some questions as well. Aiden sighed, not sure if he had been heard or not... Most likely not. He just silently observed as Manami's inquiries bounced from this to that person, too fast for him to accompany her and the others reactions as she went on. What an insane amount of energy! If she kept acting like this throughout the whole thing he'd have a ridiculously hard time trying catching up with her... It was almost as if she had enough energy for two, while, the boy barely had some for himself. So weird.

Once they were all with their respective walkie-talkies and slightly more acquainted, Mr. Lowe had answered the blue card's questions accordingly. What Aiden had gotten for all of that could be simply summarized by: Call commonwealth if they found the cause, if it's a super stick the limiter helmet on them and that they would have to walk places. Nothing that sounded too complicated in theory but would definitely turn out to be difficult in practice. Oh well, he had somehow gotten himself into this situation, so he might as well roll with the seasons now...

The teen didn't mind walking, --in fact, he had already walked to get here so it wouldn't make that much difference?--, but a car ride was still nice, not to mention faster. If he normally spent 2 hours from his apartment to 108, who knew how long it would take from 108 to a park! And the day was apparently just starting as well! He didn't know Baltimore enough to know where places were located either... Scratch that, the car ride wasn't that just nice, it was very much welcome as well.

As they moved towards the parking lot, Maple (What an interesting name!) suggested that they all introduced themselves through the walkie-talkies. During that walk, Aiden had gravitated closer to Manami, following behind her not solely due to how fascinating she was to him but also because she seemed like a pleasant person to be near to since Lowe was staying in the facility like a watchtower.
He couldn't help but notice in the corner of his eye how the bunny cosplayer had been moving slightly off. He focused his gaze on her and didn't take long to realize what the problem was. He would often do the very same thing, wear a smile through hard tasks he would rather never have agreed to, so it was only natural that he could see through her act as well. For the rest of the walk, Aiden kept on thinking on a way to help the other without having her ultimately drop the mission that had been entrusted to her...

They got to Maple's car, the bunny girl entered in the back row first and then Aiden made sure to be the next one so that he'd stay in the middle. (This was the way it worked right? The smallest person needed to sit in the middle to avoid blocking the driver's view?) He plugged in his seatbelt, half-listening to the walkie-talkie crash course to make sure he hadn't missed anything and then it was time for the introduction round, which would surely be very awkward and unnerving. What a joy.
At least he didn't have to be the first, with the girl beside him taking the lead and introducing herself as Eliza. Not being the first was always half of the pressure gone:

"Uhhh, hi.", he spoke into the device softly, wondering why they were using them given that everyone was inside the car, "I'm Aiden and... I guess I'm not that important either..."

A slip of the tongue had swapped Eliza's 'interesting' for something similar. Aiden himself had not realized the Freudian slip he had just committed, wording out-loud some of his own self-depreciation to the rest of the party members. That hadn't been all, however, and before anyone else could speak up the boy went on a tangent, his voice with a new tone of confidence that had been completely lacking thus far:

"Uh, Eliza was it?", the teen had glanced in the girl's direction, starting in a low voice so that only she would hear him, "Maybe try hoisting that helmet over your torso with your arms in front like this...", he demonstrated by holding his bag close to his chest, supporting it with his arms, hands closed in fist, "...then you can still carry it without shifting your center of mass. The way you've been doing it is most likely to throw your balance off... Just try raising it slightly next time. It might even become easier to carry things like that!"

He had smiled at her, his eyes shimmering over the facts that he was giving someone an advice, and also that said advice included Physics. Then Aiden realized that he had not turned the walkie-talkie off, or taken it out of his face, which meant that despite his efforts absolutely everyone had just listened to him geeking for a minute...
His semblance went pale with shock and he slowly approached the device again:

"Uhhh, s-sorry about that...", the boy had said before turning the device off and sinking as deep as he could into the seat, focusing into a single spot in the floor, too ashamed to direct his gaze at anyone.

Last edited:

Mood: Neutral
Company: Maple, Eliza, Aiden & Manami
@'s: The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel Noble Scion Noble Scion Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Gus Gus
Other: N/A
Isaac ThorburnIsaac raised a brow at the fish girl as she started talking to just about everyone possible, including himself. She had an odd, inhuman appearance, but at the very least, she seemed to act less weird than all the others. Especially the one with the fake bunny ears who was staring into space looking at....something that Isaac couldn't even see or begin to guess. He figured she might be one of the types of Supers who's powers had messed with her head when they had manifested. There had been an encounter between Isaac and a woman who's power quite explicitly altered her mindset and it was one of the more dangerous, unpleasant encounters he had with his fellow supers; she'd set fire to a neighbourhood and was quick to try to set fire to Isaac when he had came onto the scene. Isaac kept a mental note to avoid the bunny ear girl when they got to the park. He'd rather not be on the receiving end of what she could do if she went off the rails.

As he thought of the past, he'd nearly forgotten entirely about the fish girl and what she was saying. Shifting his eyes from the suspicious girl with bunny ears, he gave her a very belated wave back.
"Yeah I'm a bluecard," Isaac lied, keeping a straight face. He had tried to get a blue card once and whilst he had quite easily passed all the physical tests, he hadn't done so well on the mental ones. They said he lacked judgement and restraint in what was possibly the most mocking tone he'd ever heard. Isaac had socked the instructor in the face and left. He didn't need a bluecard anymore, he had this fabricated one and he was still doing good. Dealing with the dirt that the authorities and Commonwealth often ignored. Bluecards and the rest of them always had the tendency to go after the things that would get them the most attention, whilst totally forgetting about the little things that festered in the nooks and crannies. Isaac liked dealing with those. Though, this fish girl didn't strike him as the attention seeking, arrogant type that he had met plenty of times before. There was little ill will for him to express towards her and her ambitions of becoming a bluecard.
"I'm sure you'll do well then and become a good Bluecard. Vigilante scene could use less idiots and more useful people," he said, in what was the closest he could get to a friendly tone at first, before becoming a derivative one when he spoke about most of the bluecards he had encountered and back to what he thought was friendly. The friendly tone was more muted than Isaac knew, perhaps as a result of lack of use over the years.

Tapping his foot, he waited for the teacher to finish his conversation with the two weird looking ones and when he did, he started to answer all of Isaac's questions. He listened. It all sounded good, the parts he listened to anyways before slowly growing increasingly impatient with the long winded explanation. Perhaps he shouldn't have asked so many questions. Yet when he mentioned the Commonwealth, his attention was brought back to the fore and he couldn't help but frown at the implication that they'd come in to deal with things if they couldn't. He'd much prefer to not work with them, the organisation with more dirt hidden than most businesses that consorted with the likes of the Mafia, who's tendency to be utterly useless had skyrocketed in recent times as shown by their failure to handle that mall incident in a timely manner, the mess that was the Baltimore Zoo and the distribution of sickening photo's after it as a result of some under-aged super who had lost all of her clothes when making use of her powers. They also had a history of being less than benevolent and kind in the past. A history Isaac had taught himself about as much as he could and one that he wouldn't be forgetting anytime soon. Listening to the teacher's further rambling, he wasn't surprised at the fact that the Commonwealth had failed to give them much in resources aside from a bunch of these walkie talkie things. Not even transportation of all things. Useless.

"Not too surprising, that they can't even get us equipment aside from these things to deal with this whole situation," Isaac said, waving the walkie talkie about as he spoke. He still had no clue how these things worked; he'd seen them before, some fellow Vigilante's of his had utilised them before. His attention, focused on fiddling with the walkie talkie to unravel it's mysteries, was quickly drawn away and to one of the weird girls, the one with the gas mask, who also made use of the Bona Fide name to refer to him. He didn't know what that meant, yet there was something sly in the eyes of the gas mask girl when she referred to him as that. He didn't like it. The annoyance he had towards her, however, temporarily subsided as she offered him the front seat and went on a crash course telling everyone how to work the contraptions. Isaac always felt like he was being crushed if he sat in the back of just about any car and his new found knowledge of how to make use of these walkie talkies invigorated him ever so slightly.

Situating himself in the car, right at the front where he could stretch his legs and not get violently crushed, he listened to the introductions of two of his fellow cat rescuers, the suspicious girl who Isaac now knew had the name of Eliza, and the only normal looking one of the bunch, Aiden, who was rather small in height and seemed overly skittish. Not nearly as impressive or respectable as the fish girl who had yet to introduce herself in Isaac's mind. Aiden, right after introducing himself, was quick to go on a tangent after introducing himself, saying things that Isaac didn't have any knowledge of. Isaac turned around in the backseat watching and listening to the small one talk about how to carry something, before watching the boy's slow realisation that he had left the walkie talkie on. Isaac snorted with amusement as he watched him gain a ghostly skin tone and a horrified expression befitting someone who had committed accidental murder.

"I don't think anyone cares too much about it, Aiden. I didn't. I didn't understand what you talked about either," Isaac said, testing out the boy's name. Less weird than Eliza as a name, in Isaac's mind. He wasn't too sure why the boy seemed so horrified by his actions. Shifting his look from Aiden to Eliza, he gazed at the helmet she held.

"I can carry that, if you want by the way. Lot more space at the front here," He stated in a matter of fact tone, clearly enjoying the amount of space he had at the front, although he was still suspicious of whether she was safe or not. Before she answered, Isaac pressed down on a button on the walkie talkie, hoping to introduce himself so that the bunny eared girl didn't use the same weird name for him as the teacher and the gas mask girl, who's name was apparently Maple. Less weird than Eliza as a name, but not so normal as Aiden.

"My name's Isaac and I'm a bluecard," Isaac spoke into the Walkie talkie, making sure to turn it off unlike Aiden before turning his attention back to Eliza.

Manami
stingray.png
Nearby: Sensei Lowe and Maple, Liza, Aiden, Isaac --> Various Fish --> Ren, Zayne, Aid
@s Malikai Malikai The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel Noble Scion Noble Scion Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Lemon Boy Lemon Boy The Mechanist The Mechanist ChaosZereul ChaosZereul Damafaud Damafaud

For just a moment, a cloud passed over Manami's face, and her eyes narrowed. Her friend Chris had taught her the rules of "shotgun" some ten weeks back, on her very first adventure, and she had not missed a chance at the front seat since. Not even once! Blue card or not, Isaac had cheated his way into her spot!

But... had he though? It was Sensei Maple's car and she assigned the seat. Shotgun rules only applied when the seat was up for grabs. This was a special case, and thus didn't count as breaking her streak. Crisis resolved, her disposition returned to its sunny default.

Now that she was past that, she realized they were too many to comfortably fit in a car anyway, especially with that weird helmet thing. She took a walkie-talkie and conferred briefly with Sensei Lowe about which park they were to eliminate the cats from. Joseph Lee was near Bayview, nearly two dozen blocks from the Patapsco, but just a quick jog through the industrial park if she circled the point and went up Back River. Sealing the walkie talkie into a ziplock baggie in her school bag, she started toward the dock. As she began to pick up speed, she called back over her shoulder to the others. "Race you to the park Sensei!" With that, she leapt into the water and disappeared, a streak of cavitation bubbles marking her path southward at unfathomable speed.

About two minutes later she emerged from the muddy shallows of 'Herring Run' (a minor tributary of Back river) startling the bejezus out of some kids playing hooky from school and smoking on the sand bar. "Yoou... shooould... not.. smoooake!" she called out in rapid doppler shift as she sailed over their heads and disappeared through the trees behind them. She followed the railroad tracks west for a few minutes until she caught sight of Patterson High School, cut south through a yard full of shipping containers, much to the consternation of a small cluster of men who were presumably up to no good. Manami took no notice. She was on a mission.

When she arrived at the park at last, she marveled at the sight. It was like a deep pile carpet had come to life and consumed the entire scene, trees and all. It was awesome, but also a little terrifying. What was she supposed to do? Fight them all? Confronting agents of Raguel had been much more straightforward.

"Hello?" she called out uncertainly toward the furry melee. "I am from 108. I am come to help!"

Suddenly remembering the walkie talkie, she dug it out of her bag and pushed the button.

"Hello, Sensei Lowe? Manami Hamasaki, codename Stingray, reporting from J Lee park... There are a lot of cats. Like.... hyaku-man? ...A million cats! What do I do?!"

Renellius Cortez
IMG_9970.JPG
About to experience pain​

The flame haired stranger before him shouted and some form of barrier came out. The cats still attached to his pants dug their claws deep out of reflex and fear becoming more stuck. The cats around him on the other hand all scooted back assuming a defensive stance typical of felines. Looking at him with challenging eyes, their rare pack mentality kicking in as they retreated together.

Ren on the other hand sat up and let out a large bellow of pain and agony as the red haired fools plan to scare the cats worked, but forced the many that were on him to sink their claws into his flesh. Many tiny and relatively large claws of the felines that had snuggled up against him dug into his clothing and into his skin. Cutting and causing minor lacerations to his form. The cat that rested upon Rens mouth squeaked as it latched onto his shirt collar to prevent itself from falling down and stayed hanging like some makeshift necklace.

Though Ren had wished he stayed down, getting up didn't at all make the cats jump off of him, rather now they hung from him like heavy weighted piercings with claws hooked into him. The weight alone made him yelp in pain as he began to remove the cats from him one by one, "OK OK!! That's enough of that!" He said grabbing one cat, unhooking it from him and setting It down to the ground as he proceeded to removing more of the many cats. The kitten on his collar on the other hand happily stayed where it was thinking all of Rens movements were some form of game to see if the small baby feline could stay attached.

A small voice was heard as a boy came up from the ground.....wait he came up from the ground?! Rens head snapped to the source as he saw who a boy was almost like part mole or gopher in his digging method, at least from Rens awkward angle.

The cats on the other hand, majority began to retreat, heading towards the park that was within view, only a few staying near Ren, the red head boy, and the digger boy, especially the small kitten that hang from Rens collar.

ChaosZereul ChaosZereul Damafaud Damafaud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back