Mission Board

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Mission Board

This is the Mission board, where Aegis players can seek groups or partners for missions, which are officially endorsed side roleplays within the Aegis setting.

How do I start a mission?

Fill out the Mission App Form and post it to a thread in the Help Desk titled “Mission App”. A GM will review your mission app to make sure that it doesn’t conflict with lore or upcoming events in the roleplay. When a public mission has been approved, you will be asked to post the mission app here to the mission board thread. The mission leader will be allowed to post the mission to the In-Character section when they have at least one other player interested. For private missions, the leader will be allowed to post an In-Character thread as soon as they have GM approval.

For organization, please tag mission threads as “mission”, and then as “public” or “private” as needed. I also suggest tagging public missions as “open” or closed” depending on if the leader’s player limit has been hit or not.

Mission Board Rules

• A mission can be anywhere between 2 to 6 players, but special permission can be obtained for larger missions by simply asking a GM real nice-like.
  • All characters in the mission must have a profile posted in the Character Sheets section.
  • Any missions without a new post in over 30 days will be locked.
  • Missions must take place within the world of Aegis – though not necessarily within the facility or even Baltimore.
  • Alternate universes and non-canon missions are perfectly acceptable, so long as it’s clearly stated.
  • Missions can earn character creation points! As usual, one point per every 125 posts in a thread.
  • This thread is for mission postings only. If you would like to participate in a mission, please message the mission leader or tag them in the OOC thread.

Mission App Form:

• Title: The thread title for the mission.
  • Leader: The mission leader should be the person posting the app/mission.
  • Type: Public or Private (A private mission is invitation only, and will not be posted to the mission board, a public mission is open for anyone to join)
  • Players: Maximum number of players for a public mission, or usernames of participating players for a private mission.
  • Overview: The overview should state the basic where/when/who of the mission.

• Title: Operation Snowglobe.
  • Leader: Gus and KingHink
  • Type: Public 
  • Players: At least six would be good. I would be very happy to have more if more are interested.
  • Overview: The date is 1/28/40 two weeks after Knight Day, (or whatever the press has decided to call it) and 4 days after the events of episode 3.  Saturday classes start at 10 am, but most students, and a few teacher stay home as the morning flurries have made travel difficult, and there is threat of worse to come. Those who choose to show up find the storm picks up swiftly, and by 10:15 there is a full whiteout. By 10:20 it is clear nobody is going anywhere until it abates… and then the power fails.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Title: Special Training
  • Leader: too much idea
  • Players: 3 or 4. A small group
  • Overview: After Klaus's incident (3 days after it), Mitch comes to realize that the best teacher to teach her how to use powers is the original users of the powers. She proceeded to ask her schoolmates in the chat, promising delicious rewards such as ice cream and cheeseburgers if they teach her. But, she didn't warn them that she might lose control of the copied power...

Title: Santa Claus is dead, long live Santa Claus

Leader: welian

Type: Public

Players: EVERYONE

Overview: Since Santa's untimely expiration, it's been the job of volunteer superheroes all over the world to help deliver present on Christmas Day. This year, Commonwealth is also asking Aegis students to help out - time is of the essence, and Santa's helpers need all the help they can get.

• Title: The Shipper
  • Leader: SweetNicole
  • Players: Any
  • Overview: On Valentine's Day, the Shipper begins to wreck havoc across Baltimore, performing the most insidious thing possible: making people fall in love. As AEGIS sets their sights on taking down this public menace, some of them will invariably fall into the Shipper's gaze. What happens when you find yourself in love with someone else at a moment's notice? Can it be removed? Will players' ships be confirmed? (Note: Any "falling in love" will be discussed with both players and agreed to prior to it happening. There will be no forced shipping to prevent any feelings of godmoding characters to fall in love.)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Title: Arena Combat
  • Co-Leaders: Gus and Bag o Fruit
  • Players: Any number may join, but only a few at a time may battle. 
  • Overview: In a 'secret wars' type of fight club, far removed from normal time and space, canonical characters are summoned to do battle in non canonical space for the amusement of extra-dimensional beings, and to once and for all answer the philosophical question of the ages: who would win in a fight? There will be rules involving use of dice, which will be detailed in the first post. The second post will describe the arena in general terms (though it will morph for each new pair of challengers) The third post will be a test battle between Chris Kravitz and Lucas Marsolet (OG Luc, before the zoo incident) After that it is open to any and all who itch for a fight. 

• Title: A Rat and his Mischief.
  • Leader (And GM): DamagedGlasses
  • Players: Maximum of 6.
  • Overview: During the daily day of Facility 108, news comes in of a large pile up on the nearby freeway. The cause of the accident, a nondescript light green van, has been identified to belong to a man named Nathaniel Jackson, who authorities believe is the alterego of Rat, the leader of the mercenary gang called, “Mischief”. The van, quickly discovered to hold a strange cache of advanced and incredibly illegal weapons, is sent to Facility 108 to guard while AEGIS sends an extraction team to relieve Baltimore of the deadly items. However, Mischief was following the van closely behind, and it isn't long before Facility 108 has to deal with the situation they bring.
  • Notes: This will be a One Shot Tabletop Session using the Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules. It will take place in March on the 2nd, which is a Thursday, at 6pm EST. It will most likely last from 3-4 hours straight. If you’re interested, send me a message. It is first come, first serve, so if you’re interested, act quickly and get in touch with me ASAP. I will help people who join with their characters and give them the needed material to play along with explaining everything they need to know to play. If you have any questions, ask me.

Title: Beaches Be Crazy

Leader: welian welian and Swoob Swoob

Type: Public

Players: Everyone is invited!

Overview: In the liminal narrative space that is the universally beloved beach-themed filler episode, our heroes relax and enjoy a vacation they neither earned nor deserve. In fact, you might even say they were hired to have fun – hired by proxy, rather.

• Title: 2-7 Miracle Squad
  • Leader: Aldur Aldur
  • Players: 8 (depends on interest)
  • Overview: 4th of July 1985, Miami, Florida. Alternate Timeline in which the AEGIS cast operated in the glorious 80s as a special unit police force. The team, 2-7 Miracle Squad, is comprised of people with exceptional abilities. Waves of cocaine flood the neon-soaked state and terrible murders plague the city of Miami. The two sevens have been assembled to deal with the rampaging crimewaves. Wild Cards, ex-convicts, war vets, men, and women united with a common goal: to answer Miami's cry for help.

• Title: The Lost Mine of Phandelver
  • Leader: Natealie (Nix)
  • Players: Up to 6, not including myself.
  • Overview: Upon an announcement board a new flier is posted. It reads "Adventurers wanted! Delve within the lost mine and gather treasure! Fight monsters and go on an adventure." In big bold print. Upon examining it, there are more details.
Student Nix is looking for a group of people who are interested in playing Dungeons and Dragons. Prior experience is not required, as we will be playing the adventure in the starter set for our newer players. If interested, please contact Nix. Thank you for your interest.
This is the in character D&D oneshot I wanted to do. Nix will DM this and each character participating will create a character as their character, or use a pregenerated one. This however can be done before we begin, and I will be able to help as I know that not everyone is as obsessed with D&D as I am. Roleplay will be encouraged even more so than normal, as the concept of playing a character that is playing another character is legitimately amusing and interesting to me. Also, this is an actual published adventure that I will be running, though if necessary as the DM I reserve the right to say screw the rules as long as I feel it will be more enjoyable for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back