• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Miss Stoker's Prestigious Literature Club OOC

Seems like this is a thing now.

That's good.

I have arrived.

Now, I would like to ask the limits of what we have available in what we can choose for characters, can I got with a werewolf? Or perhaps a Dullahan who simply cannot abide garishy jewellery... Whcih in no way is connected to a striking fear of gold.

Ooh, I love the planning phase. Gonna have to fight hard against my instincts to pull all my ideas from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Penny Dreadful.

I'm thinking of making a 'hivemind' character. If anybody wants to ask, I can DM the details.

But she/they're going to be an interesting character.

I'm thinking of making a 'hivemind' character. If anybody wants to ask, I can DM the details.

That idea is pretty spooky.

...Espeacially considering your signature XD

I have arrived.

Now, I would like to ask the limits of what we have available in what we can choose for characters, can I got with a werewolf? Or perhaps a Dullahan who simply cannot abide garishy jewellery... Whcih in no way is connected to a striking fear of gold.
There isn't an actual limiting factor regarding what kind of character you want to play, just keep in mind that they better fit into society and aren't exactly murderous monsters since, you know, the'd be put on the naughty list.

Oh, I'm totally going to need the details.

There isn't an actual limiting factor regarding what kind of character you want to play, just keep in mind that they better fit into society and aren't exactly murderous monsters since, you know, the'd be put on the naughty list.

Oh, I'm totally going to need the details.
I'll keep it in mind, I'm more liking the Dullahan idea, less about tossing blood on people and stealing their souls and swinging aroun d a flail made of the spine and bones of a.... Actually might wana hold onto that part >vv>

that aside, their nearly human in appearance, hopefully they don't lose their head often... hehe

I'll keep it in mind, I'm more liking the Dullahan idea, less about tossing blood on people and stealing their souls and swinging aroun d a flail made of the spine and bones of a.... Actually might wana hold onto that part >vv>

that aside, their nearly human in appearance, hopefully they don't lose their head often... hehe
Oh no, now you've got me going down the rabbit hole of English and Celtic mythology...there's some creepy stuff in there.

On the mythology front, is it fine to be a figure from myths trying to eck out a living amongst the humans or perhaps for some reason they've been stripped of their divinity as punishment?

Ooh, it's up.

Well, I'm personally thinking of a human character who just so happened to be connected to some ancient power which now allows him to see people for what they truly are - like how he can see monsters in disguise as that - monsters. This led him to be called crazy and multiple attempts have been made on his life but he luckily got away.

Or, a ghost who's unable to pass on for one mysterious reason or another. As a ghost, he's intangible and can become invisible. This also means that he cannot directly hold a physical object. He has some minor poltergeist abilities, hence how he can pick up a book and read, but isn't strong enough to lift an average male. The twist is, he can possess things. Inanimate things with no souls. Those suits of armor? His favorite thing to possess. Maybe he was a past member who died, came back and decided that hey, I like doing this than just floating around.

I guess i’ll be the boring one here, but i think I’ll be going with an automaton? Actually, could it be possibly to play two characters, such a lady inventor and her faithful automaton servant?

AI10100 AI10100 I love the ghost idea! Though your first idea is cool too.
And SunsetWitch SunsetWitch , I don't think that's boring!

I'm thinking of going with an invisible lady. She hides the fact from society with a staggering collection of wigs, gloves, and makeup. This allows her to change her appearance, but not her basic facial features or shape, though she's got a default identity she uses in public.

I just posted here because I wanted to watch the thread but clicking the watch thread button is too much effort, also I might play an ironic character. Like an unexcited fairy or a vampire afraid of the dark.

I think I'll go with my ghost guy. It'll be fun when it's a normal day and he just pops up in one of the member's visions and start making funny faces just because he can. Yep, I think I'll have fun with him.

Vampunk Vampunk

How long has the Literature Club been going on for? 50 years? I plan on having the ghost be a previous member who probably died while hunting with them.

Vampunk Vampunk I apologize for not posting a character yet, my mind has been doing a flip and a flop in terms of decisions and it has become tiring.

As such, my choice would indeed be a dullahan as talked about before. But my question is if a human is acceptable, or at least one who may have gotten themselves in over their head by being in this group.

As they are often to do of course, of course if you think the Fae with a tendency to get ahead of themselves is better I shall avail myself to your judgement.

Vampunk Vampunk
Could a royal courtesan be accepted among the ranks of the Literature Club?
Of course^^

Vampunk Vampunk I apologize for not posting a character yet, my mind has been doing a flip and a flop in terms of decisions and it has become tiring.

As such, my choice would indeed be a dullahan as talked about before. But my question is if a human is acceptable, or at least one who may have gotten themselves in over their head by being in this group.

As they are often to do of course, of course if you think the Fae with a tendency to get ahead of themselves is better I shall avail myself to your judgement.

Humans are in fact acceptable!

Also, I am in the process of finishing a Research paper for my University.
The deadline's the 4th of February so that's where I'd put the start for this roleplay too!
So you all have plenty of time to finish up your CS's :)

Of course^^

Humans are in fact acceptable!

Also, I am in the process of finishing a Research paper for my University.
The deadline's the 4th of February so that's where I'd put the start for this roleplay too!
So you all have plenty of time to finish up your CS's :)
ooh, good luck with that, was just stressing about one for my college courses due in a few weeks. 1000 words, nothing big, but figure I should get it done sooner rather than later.

A human then, from the look of it, the normal one might be the oddball of the group~!

ooh, good luck with that, was just stressing about one for my college courses due in a few weeks. 1000 words, nothing big, but figure I should get it done sooner rather than later.

A human then, from the look of it, the normal one might be the oddball of the group~!

"Well, time to go to my harmless, normal book club- oh god, I'm surrounded by absolute weirdos."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back