• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Miss Stoker and Company's Prestigious Literature Club

Vampunk

sʇɐq ןooɔ ǝɥʇ ɥʇıʍ ƃuıƃuɐɥ

With the dawn of a new age, humanity would find itself with enough spare time to spend on pleasantries they were not allowed to indulge in previously. When back-breaking labor was still considered life's only regular pastime nobody could waste an other thought on the more sophisticated ways of recreation.
But as sails were replaced by coal-fueled machinery and the Industrial revolution reshaped the Great British Empire, those wealthy enough would finally be able to use their time in a plethora of different ways, all soothing to mind and body...

Or at least most of them were.
Whereas some Ladies and Gentlemen preferred attending the bi-weekly horse race or attend prestigious balls where envy and other forms of unfitting notions of jealousy danced with the many guests, some would spend their free time pursuing something far less outrageous.
The reading and writing of stories.

Stories that would raise not only eyebrows, but the very hair on one's neck as cold shivers would run down one's spine.
The kind of literature where the line between human and monster was blurry at best.
It was the realm of Shelley's Frankenstein, of Stoker's Vlad Dracul, of Strange cases of Doctors and Misters, of men that were more wolf than human, of ghastly wraiths and dastardly villains.

And there was a club, so prestigious even the Queen herself seemed to be engaged in their affairs, where the stuff of nightmares was not only praised, but where the members apparently reveled in it.
A reclusive mansion where enigmatic figures went in and out, sharply dressed or peculiar in more ways than one.
It was of course Miss Stoker's Literature Club

A very prestigious one at that, with only a select few members that met up every now and then to discuss the latest marvels of Literature...
And deal with the issue where story and reality seemed to blend into one...

Because they knew something nobody else could.
That the stuff of legend, of stories, of myths, of nightmares...
It was true, or at least some of it was!

So, enter this peculiar band of "Literature Enthusiasts" as they make sure the common folk can sleep soundly, believing the Vampyrs, the Wolfmen and the Monsters of their Nightmares aren't real.

tumblr_o94tocVpcm1szlx2qo1_500.gif

As you may have already noticed, this is a Supernatural Horror(?) Roleplay taking place in Victorian-Era Britain.
It revolves around the members of the fabled Literature Club, a facade that hides their true purpose.
To rid England of the fiends that lurk in the shadows and would threaten to rip the common people out of their blissful ignorance.

The members themselves aren't all entirely human, in fact, some of them are of the more...monstrous...kind. Either willingly, or after being "persuaded", they joined the ranks of the Order to make sure their ilk would not cause any more problems.

The overall flow of this would revolve around missions based on a selected piece of Literature, with the members investigating the scene of the "crime" and resolving the matters before they get out of hand.
Think Sherlock Holmes meets Dracula meets Wolfman meets Gothic Horror.

Yes, just imagine the possibilities!

Hue hue hue!

Anyhow, if you're interested, please let me know so I can start working on the details of this Roleplay, I wouldn't want to waste so much time and effort in setting something up that might not even take off.

The last thing we need is to have fiendish beings from who knows where ruining the fine streets on London eh?

Best keep our with about us and try not to cause to much of a disturbance in sending these beings back where they belong eh?

Long time no see Vampunk! I'd love to see this come to life.

Vampunk Vampunk Ma'am your interest check is very interesting and I would love to be part of it but god I may have turned blind from the colour of your writing, maybe it's because I have night mode... huh.

Vampunk Vampunk Ma'am your interest check is very interesting and I would love to be part of it but god I may have turned blind from the colour of your writing, maybe it's because I have night mode... huh.
Yep. It looks fine in light mode.

WHY'RE YOU STALKIN' ME BOY?!

Idk I just go looking at interesting rps it's my fault you like good rps. Though I have never been in a mystery/horror/? rp.
It's not my fault you like good rp's*

This should be good, I've RP'd with Vampunk before, so upon seeing her pic on the interest check board, I hopped on board immediately, if that means anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back