Minecraft Shenanigans

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
MC is a hugely popular game, I know I'm not the only one on the site who plays.

I've been entertaining the dream of an RPN community server, but alas, I do not have monies for hosting or even the know-how for running a server (though I imagine it's not difficult). But hey, maybe if there's enough of you out there, we can put our heads together and finangle something.

Anyways, besides that, who of you out there are Minecrafters? Got any screenshots of stuff you've been building or seeds you like? Servers I can join? Crazy things you like to do, like breed a bajillion chickens and then chuck them in a lava lake?

Two whole likes, gais. We're really going somewhere.

I know how to host a minecraft server without paying but I would have to have a laptop constantly on and that is something I sadly can't do, also you need unlimited wifi (which most people have). If you have those two things I could make I happen.

Anyways, if you like minecraft, do you have the minecraft theme on the server?

Alas, I don't have a computer that could stay on 24/7 either. My internet is uncapped, but it's DSL and therefore very, very slow.

Iiii also don't know what a theme is. Looking it up, it's apparently something that was on older versions of MC? I've only ever played 1.8.

Also you would need a dedicated ip address, getting one is a pain. So I doubt it is realistically possible to set a 24/7 server at home. The only option I can think of is renting a server, which is nothing to be afraid of. I did not get a chance to actually work with one, but back at the times of alpha I used to play on one that my friend had set up. I may be wrong but as I remember it cost around $5\month (there were only 4 of us playing).

With gaming servers you have to pay per slot:

https://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/minecraft.php
Of course, for a proper player count the cost gets fairly serious.

I remember back when they just introduced rails we didn't have those handy golden boosters. We had to build a closed ring of rails and get several carts spinning on it... Sometimes it would throw glitch that made the game close. xD

Thanks for the info! I could probably fudge an IP with a subnet, but I think renting would be easier. Considering the relative lack of attention this thread has gotten so far, I'd also argue that a Realms server would be adequate - I think that's 20 whitelisted users, and 10 can be online at any given time.

I have a Toshiba laptop from like 2006 that is super slow. On your average server, I get around 11 fps. Survival Games is impossible...

I used to play and just recently got back into it. I only play a bit though on my graveyard shifts. I bought a Minecraft Realm for me and a couple of friends to play on but we haven't used it too much yet if anyone is interested perhaps?

electricsnafu said:
I used to play and just recently got back into it. I only play a bit though on my graveyard shifts. I bought a Minecraft Realm for me and a couple of friends to play on but we haven't used it too much yet if anyone is interested perhaps?
I would use Minecraft Realms if you could spare it

[QUOTE="Owen Hunter]I would use Minecraft Realms if you could spare it

[/QUOTE]
Sure, drop your username and I'll send you an invite (same goes to anyone else interested).

I spend more time curating my mods list tban actually playing. It's a damned shame, but I'm just terrible at coming up with projects for myself. Hardcore Quest Mod has been a godsend, accordingly.

thanks, sorry for being so slow. Me and my friend would like it! Our usernames are flame1125 and mojagman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back