Experiences Military RPers, UNITE!

Plus, I've always found being an infantryman more interesting than being a sniper, or even a special forces badass. But yeah. Most people also like to make broad generalizations of morality. Like, "these people do bad things, so that means everyone on that side is bad." Like...ugh. Most of these guys are just soldiers following orders. Their choices are follow orders, or be arrested an possibly executed. I also love how people will have the enemy be portrayed as evil when they decimate an allied force, as they "slaughtered good men and women with no regard for human decency," and then the good guys absolutely crush the enemy, possibly killing their leader without a trial, but they're still the good guys.

Rusty of Shackleford:
I love it when enemy/"villain" is portrayed the way audience can somehow associate with the person or enjoy them, understand em. When I rp the so called "bad guys" I make sure people love them and possibly start questioning themselves for that. Every "evil person" I rp is explained/"justified" somehow by their backstory etc. and that's most fun for me.

But yeah I know what you mean and I enjoy making the "bad guy" look like a bad guy only to later make audience feel bad for judging him too soon etc. I also really enjoy making my boys look like "the heroes" only to make them hit a brick wall later when they realize they fucked up and they're "the bad guys" in the story.

Hengleford:
If I ever make that discord server I'll letcha know. Even if you won't be able to rp maybe you'll get a kick off reading or give us some feedback. It's impossible to offend me online and I'm always happy to see constructive criticism and you look like the person who can be blunt just like I am ; )

Rusty of Shackleford:
I love it when enemy/"villain" is portrayed the way audience can somehow associate with the person or enjoy them, understand em. When I rp the so called "bad guys" I make sure people love them and possibly start questioning themselves for that. Every "evil person" I rp is explained/"justified" somehow by their backstory etc. and that's most fun for me.

But yeah I know what you mean and I enjoy making the "bad guy" look like a bad guy only to later make audience feel bad for judging him too soon etc. I also really enjoy making my boys look like "the heroes" only to make them hit a brick wall later when they realize they fucked up and they're "the bad guys" in the story.

Hengleford:
If I ever make that discord server I'll letcha know. Even if you won't be able to rp maybe you'll get a kick off reading or give us some feedback. It's impossible to offend me online and I'm always happy to see constructive criticism and you look like the person who can be blunt just like I am ; )
I agree with ya. I love sympathetic villains. Like, Magneto is pretty evil. He's a bit full of himself, and wants to conquer humanity for mutant kind. But when you find out his past, and what he went through, you feel bad for him. There's this great scene from the old X-Men cartoon where he and Professor X are arguing about what mutants should do, and Magneto says, "My people tried to fight with words and diplomacy, but their enemies answered with tanks! I won't let it happen again!" He's just a guy who saw his people, the Jews, slaughtered in WWII for simply existing, and now the mutants ate being oppressed for the same reason, and he refuses to allow them to be slaughtered too.

Hello there military roleplayers! I've made a remake of an earlier World War ll roleplay called The Devil's Marauders. Feel free to join! =)

Hello! It seems like this thread died a couple of years ago, I figured I'd give it a try to get it running again! =)
I'm a huge fan of realistic military-roleplays nothing gets me going like that! Especially when, (as earlier mentioned), you really dig deep inside the psychological aspects of war.

I've actually got an interest check in the Realistic/Modern section for a military-roleplay as we speak. It's set during the Second World War and we cover the Pacific theatre of war. Check it out and who knows, maybe you'll join 7th Paramarine Division?

I enjoy military RP, especially in historical settings (usually 20th century). I really like to explore how being in the heat of combat can affect a person psychologically and such. I also like to explore the relationships they may establish with their comrades in arms. I feel like if you're constantly risking your life with a tight-knit group like that then you'd grow close.

I've made a reboot of an old roleplay that seems to have been remade earlier by a couple of members. It's called The Devil's Marauders and it's basically a military roleplay set during the Second World War. We will follow a division of criminals who were given a choice in court, lifetime in prison or war.
I'd really like for the roleplay to focus on character development, the brotherhood, the psychologic terror and of course the gruesome battles across Europe.

What I hope to be unique this time for a military roleplay at least is the use of tupperbox in Discord. We will have a channel called The Foxholes where we can chat together as our characters. Very similar to the twitter channel used in many roleplays today. The setting in this channel will change accordingly with the roleplay. Example of settings may be,
- A safehouse where we are resting after a long and hard battle
- Out in the dark and cold forest
- A dimly lit bunker

I'm sure you get my point.

I hope some of you will find it interesting and come join this roleplay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back