Chitchat Mild inconveniences

Kaerri

Dannigan's Lady
Administrator
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Accidentally knocked over a full cup of tea and it left a big splash mark on my office carpet. But at least my cup was undamaged.

What small annoyances would you like to share?

Last edited:
When you gotta defend a fortress against a beer from some spikey bois, but they gas you instead.

It's cool though, because then the attacking deadmen arrived.

I sat down to eat breakfast this morning. Went to check my phone and realised it was on the counter. Just out of reach.

It has changed me in ways one can not explain.

i got this lapdesk w a built in fan for my laptop bc it overheats rlly fast and now it sits lot taller than before which is weird for me n makes me not wanna work on it :/

I had to take a midnight piss and I couldn't find my phone flashlight and I hate turning on big lights at night so I had to do the terrifying walk to the bathroom and I ran into the fridge on the way there and also the way back.

Does a month or two ago count? I don't care cause I'm going to say it. A few weeks after I got some pink cat ear LED headphones, I was adjusting how far down one end went and that end broke off. Just like that.

I accidentally started a quiz that has a 20 minute timer, and could not stop it otherwise I'd risk an instant zero. That along with timed quizzes... I did not do so hot on the last two or three. So I really hate timed quizzes for online classes and lectures not including most of the questions and answers on a quiz.

Um, I was a little baked making dinner and left my glasses in the bedroom. After watching a pot of noodles for twenty minutes, I mistakenly grabbed a can of air freshener instead of my olive oil and... sprayed it into the noodles... and I realized it as the fresh scent of line filled my nostrils... and then I called my mom and we laughed cause she would have done it even without being high. Hahaha.

i thought there was a spider in my bathroom, but upon closer inspection, i realized it was only a piece of lint that was quite large. when i had gotten closer to examine what it was, the piece of lint came to life and jumped onto my hair. (it was, in fact, not a piece of lint.) after my soul promptly left my body, i managed to get it into a cup & set it free outside after freaking out for a good minute. i am now a changed person.

My computer took a million hours to open Word and prevented me from being able to finish my last assignment for my grad program lol

i thought there was a spider in my bathroom, but upon closer inspection, i realized it was only a piece of lint that was quite large. when i had gotten closer to examine what it was, the piece of lint came to life and jumped onto my hair. (it was, in fact, not a piece of lint.) after my soul promptly left my body, i managed to get it into a cup & set it free outside after freaking out for a good minute. i am now a changed person.
I felt all of that in what’s left of my soul.

in my job, i deal a lot with small credit unions as lienholders for vehicles, and 9 times out of 10, they require me to ask the customer to call them, without me on the line, to give them permission to speak to me about the details of their loan, and then i have to call back to obtain the payoff information.

i could do this in one go, call the lienholder while i have the customer on the line so that they can give permission and i don't have to call back, but no, they just live to make my life harder. it's also worth saying that there's a website i could use to obtain the payoff information without having to call, but the smaller credit unions don't report to it.

I just had a five minute conversation with an acquaintance, while on my government mandated half hour outside. And I gaffed all the way through it. My social skills have really taken a hit during this pandemic.

I swatted a mosquito, thought it was dead; saw it twitching and everything, only to turn back around and see it flying right into my face. *shivers*

went to go get coffee from the kitchen. my boyfriend was pouring the last cup for himself. i was kind of pissed but hey, he didn't know, then he decided to snicker as i go to leave.

i stole his coffee. so that's a good ending at least.

I have to go back to work tomorrow and I work a five and half hour shift so I only get a ten minute break after being on my feet.

My mother-in-law has apparently decided to spend the day vacuuming every tiniest corner of the house. I love my parents in law and I love living with them in one home, but I hate vacuum cleaners. My ears are bleeding X'3

I hurried to take my medication in the kitchen before returning to the home office, and dumped 30/90 small white tablets onto my freshly mopped floor. After I played scavenger hunt for meds, I went to finish filling the dishwasher and pulled the whole bottom bracket out. I wasn’t raised with a dishwasher, so I thought I broke it. Husband comes home, laughs and says “babe you just have to set it back in place, you could have finished this hours ago haha”

Had someone have an issue with a computer at work. I already knew the problem when I'd called them, but they proceeded to tell me how this all started when their monitor said "No Signal." (The monitor is an actual television, if you don't look into its stay awake/sleep timer it will show this message whenever your tower goes to sleep. This can be seen with monitors made specifically for computers too.) Before I could even express how this was nothing, just move the mouse on the computer, they stated that they turned off the whole computer and unplugged their HDMI cable. They went into detail how they tried multiple HDMI ports and how none of them seemed to work because after their panic over seeing "No Signal," when the tower rebooted it had given an actual error about how it couldn't boot (this tower comes with 2 hard drives and only one of the two has Windows, the other one is for storage). I tried countless times to ask for them to turn it off and on because this will sometimes fix that issue. The immediately talked over me, raised their voice, and told me that of course they did that. They did it that morning so that wasn't the issue.

To make it short, I tried multiple dang times to ask them to turn the stupid tower off and on. I had to finally raise my voice and sound like a total bish after I was told that whatever the problem was, it was my problem. I am so tired of hearing that stupid line. I am in IT, yes, but I can't always fix stupid. And when they had the audacity to say that and then proceed to tell me again how they unplugged the HDMI and that didn't fix it so the computer is broken... ugh.

But hey, when I finally got them to turn it off and on... it worked. The other IT guys went over there and did check on it to make sure the tower knew which hard drive to stare at.

Went to A&W with my family today. We ordered 3 root beer floats and sat in the car for legit 30 minutes, over half of which was after we ordered.

My family is usually pretty easy on fast food places, especially since my mom was a waitress, but that was slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back