• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Midnight Sun: A Cyberpunk Vampire/Werewolf RP [Interest Check]

Booperboy

social-anxiety is my middle name

Midnight Sun

1530420970283.png

Since the beginning of civilization, tales of terrifying creatures have been passed through generations. While believed to be fables by most, only the few knew the truth. The most famous fable of them all: vampires.

It all began with Gaius Julius Caesar, better known as Caligula in the world of vampires. The first vampire to be recorded in history, and perhaps the father of the entire vampire race. Once a mortal, and ruler of the Roman Empire, Julius Caesar sought power and immortality. To achieve his desired goals, Caesar made a Faustian blood-pact with a demon he had summoned from Hell. In exchange for his service and, possibly, his soul, the demon allowed to Julius to drink from him. This would begin the lineage of vampires. The demon fulfilled its part of the deal but later betrayed him and cursed Gaius to spend eternity in Broken Tooth Mountain, feeding on travelers to satiate his thirst for human blood. Presumably from the lack of regular victims to feed on, Gaius became more aged and monstrous in appearance, with all of his teeth becoming fangs and his fingernails becoming sharp like claws. This evolution paved the way for modern day vampires to survive.

A millennium and three centuries later, Julius Caesar met his savior. A Romanian man, by the name of Matteo Vasari, stumbled upon Broken Tooth Mountain. The cave in which Julius Caesar was bound to, would become the tomb for Matteo. Except, Caligula had devised an offer that Julius could not deny. You see, Matteo didn't just accidentally stumble upon Broken Tooth Mountain, no, he sought it out. And Caligula knew this.

Days before Matteo had arrived to Caligula's cursed cave, a local oracle had told Matteo of his future. And while it was a dark and gritty one, he didn't want to prevent his future; as in the oracle's omen, she mentioned that Matteo would acquire power beyond that of any man. And this only intrigued him. She [the oracle] continued by explaining that it would all begin at Broken Tooth Mountain, and so, Matteo travelled there, searching for the next step in his destiny. However, before the session with the oracle concluded, she warned Matteo that if he chose this future, only anger, grief, pity, and hatred would follow him . . . but he still went anyway.

At Broken Tooth Mountain, Matteo stood confidently against Caligula, listening to the offer-at-hand. The Master Vampire proposed that if he allowed Matteo to drink a sample of his blood, he'd receive the power he desired, but only for a temporary time. In order to cement that power, Matteo would have to drink the blood of a human. This would seal Matteo's power but would also free Caligula from his cave. Matteo accepted the offer, drinking the blood of the Elder Vampire. At that moment, he died, but was soon reborn.

Experimenting with his new-found powers, Matteo found a real thrill in having them. But he had yet to drink from a human. He thought back to what the oracle had said to him, and her descriptions of his future had now just struck him. It wasn't until later in the evening, on the same day he thought about his future, that he sealed his fate forever. A woman who was lying in an alleyway, brutally beaten and dying, and she begged for Matteo to end her suffering. His moral compass led him in his decision to do what she asked. Matteo's eyes could see the blood flow through her veins, her heart pumping brutally. His thirst was tearing him apart, and it would be an easy kill. To end her suffering, Matteo began his. From his point of view, he was doing a positive thing. The next day, Matteo returned to Broken Tooth Mountain, in search for the Master Vampire, but he was already gone, and Matteo would not see him again for a long, long time.

From there to the year 1450, the vampire population had expanded to 17,000 globally. By now, the first species of vampire—the Vishanti—was created, but evolution was on the way. In order to keep the current vampires, and all future vampires, under check, a government was formed. A government that would set and determine rules and regulations for all vampires; the Vishanti Council was born.

Now, in the year 2038, the vampire species has exceedingly passed 50,000,000 worldwide. Most of these vampires heed the laws set by the Vishanti council, but then there's also the Resistance. An underground rebellion created to defy the Vishanti Council and their rules. Created in 1599, the Resistance was built upon the foundation of hope and equality. The Vishanti had ruled with an iron-grip on those who were weak. Only the rich were allowed privilege and respect, while the others had to scavenge for survival. So, the vampire world has been caught in a never-ending conflict, but an end to this war is in sight.

The question remains: who will prevail?

Quick Summary (with a few more details that I left out in the run-down above)
So, you might be interested in this roleplay but are still confused on the plot, eh? Well, allow me to clear the air.
> The year is 2038.
> Humanity is still unaware of the presence of vampires. Humans have created advanced technology though, which explains the whole Cyberpunk setting.
> Julius Caesar is the father to the Vampire species.
> Matteo Vasari is an important character who will be explained in the Lore page, once I make it.
> The Vishanti are the first official species of vampire to exist. Any vampire before them is considered the "prototype" to vampires.
> The Vishanti Council are the 'bad guys' to this roleplay. (think about the Empire from Star Wars)
> I need two people to sign up to be a part of the Vishanti council.
> The Resistance is an underground organization that was started by three vampires who seek to put an end to the Council. They're intentions mean well, and all they want is equality and fairness. But the Council refuses to give it, so the Resistance was made to battle that. One of the creators of the Resistance will be my character (that is, if this gets enough momentum and takes off. More will be explained later).
> People who follow the Resistance are deemed threats to the Vishanti Council.
> Yes, the Vishanti Council and the Resistance are at war.
> No, not every single vampire is aligned to one side. There are vampires who just keep their noses out of that business.
> I will allow the use of Werewolves, and they'll be explained in the Lore page.
> More details can be found in the Lore page, once I finish it.
> A key character will be a female college student, so if you're interested in this role, lemme know.
> There are more vampire species that I will publish, but if you have an idea for a vampire species that you'd like to apply to this RP, PM me and we'll discuss about it.
> Romance is allowed, but no extreme sexual details. You can imply it, if it gets to that point, but don't write about it.
> Cursing is allowed.
> Yes, you can have more than one character, so long as you can handle it.
> Be fair and polite.
> No insta-kills.
> If you need help with faceclaims, lemme know.
> This will be adult-themed, so be prepared to read some adult details.
> Have any questions? Ask them below!
> If you have interest in the RP, let me know! (that rhymes)

1530428670865.png1530428695347.png1530428849873.png1530428884592.png1530428906756.png1530428945218.png1530428973380.png1530429027010.png1530429066372.png1530429115345.png1530429150280.png1530429244485.png1530429316165.png1530429444840.png1530429462020.png1530429488606.png1530429526903.png1530429587717.pngf693f6468f5bd6920edef5a5b0ccd5b3.gif

Character Sheets
OOC
Lore

Last edited:
Right now, I'm taking an hour or two break from the constructing the lore page. I'll be sure to get back to it, and I should have it up by tomorrow, if not tonight.

Abyss Abyss Queen_Liyah Queen_Liyah Fenris Fenris NotPoisonousIvy NotPoisonousIvy
Thank you so much for showing interest!! If you know someone who may be interested in this as well, please spread the word.

I'm really interested in this but I normally don't Roleplay as vampires nor werewolves. Are normal characters allowed? If so I would love to try out for the "female college student" role!

Of course! I love diversity in my roleplays. It would be boring if everyone was just a vampire or werewolf. Humans are an option, if that floats your boat.

nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer If you have ideas for the college student, could you PM me your ideas?

Alrighty. I'm going to dive back into the lore page. Now, there's a lot so it may take a few hours before it goes up, but . . . whateves.

Also - BUMP

Can I play two characters? I have a couple ideas of having two siblings, one vampire and one human, or two vampires with one in the resistance and the other in the council, depending on your input and the lore? What do you think? Booperboy Booperboy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back