• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic MIDAS' INFERNO | A Dystopian Future (Reboot)

Purpleyedmiss

I am very important and soft

══════════════════════════════════════════════════

OUT OF CHARACTER CONVERSATION

Here you can discuss random matters, like the plotline, your characters, your doubts and your questions, which I will try to answer as clearly as possible.

Otherwise, go wild lovelies!

══════════════════════════════════════════════════

Last edited by a moderator:
Chibii said:

cooltext162508466021544.png

d1ed04c6ef04c96e3773d27a79dc8cc7.jpg

no slide
What they know

large.gif

Personality:

Orion is a ticking time bomb of sorts. Coming off as childish, humorous and rarely ever serious. She likes to laugh a lot, at anything and everything, and hates it when a mood is brought down. But when the time calls for it, she's a complete danger weapon. Her intelligence and street smarts has got her through this world, never being one to back down from a challenge, and the best thing? She always wins. The female is a tad bit sadistic, well to others at least, talking about death or murder has never really fazed her. Furthermore, laughing when seeing blood doesn't actually make her seem nice.

Orion is also one of those people who easily get bored and fidgety. She never sits still. She pays attention but her feet are always tapping, fingers twisting together, writing random notes on the side of the chair with her thumb... You know, this is bordering ADHD. But when the time calls for it, she has the capability to stay very silent, and very serious. Being one of those people who sense the mood easily. A lot of people also fall for her childish charm, making them think she's just innocent and playful, much like a 4 year old. Then she strikes, and all they see is red.

Biography:

Orion doesn't really remember much of her younger days, but she can start faintly recalling memories of a woman in a bright red shawl, leaving her, somewhere, who knows where? The memories she has of her childhood are with a gang of young thieves. They'd steal and pickpocket, just to get by for themselves. The Brass Slums was never an easy place to live in as the authorities never really gave a second glance at them. Occasionally, they'd go to Citadel, just to nab a few things, money, jewelry. As the gang grew up, they drifted apart, now only a few of them remain friends, same goes for Orion, she found herself things to do, people to meet, and her life was going well for the most part. Until she found out about mutants, people who had powers, people she deemed cool and awesome. But when she found out they had to hide themselves, the girl got pissed, so inevitably, she joined the Titans to free the mutants from their hiding. But you never know, she might just be here because she knows the Authorities will never win.

What I can do

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f534556645035632e676966

Weapons:

Orion works well with hack and slash weapons, not really liking long range. But if she is forced, she'll pick up a crossbow, or maybe a Glock. Her go to weapon would be daggers and throwing knives. Maybe a Katana if she's feeling ready. Her most basic weapon would be a butcher knife, or any type of knife to be honest. Her nails are also trimmed and groomed to be sharp as all hell, looking a bit like claws. Her teeth are also slightly fanged at the canines, making her bite more effective and painful, not enough to draw blood, but it'll leave a mark for sure.

Powers/Abilities:

NIL

Talents:

-Speed: Orion's a mighty fast runner, and can get to any place in record time.

-Intelligence: Her best weapon yet, she uses her brain to get through planning.

-Flexibility: Having a bendable body gives her the ability to squeeze through the narrowest of cracks.

-Unafraid: She isn't afraid to take anything head on, and since she's death friendly, isn't afraid of blood or murdering someone.

Weaknesses:

-Indecisiveness: Her intelligent mind gives her both sides of the spectrum, making it hard to choose between both choices.

-Childishness: Her childish mentality makes her a bit rash when on the battlefield itself.

-Bloodthirsty: Blood excites her, and she wants it as quick as possible.

-Selfish: She puts herself first, teammates are second on her priority list.

no slide

I died from looking at this character.
Tis' beautiful.

[QUOTE="Lilah Tunth]I died from looking at this character.
Tis' beautiful.

[/QUOTE]
I learned from the best ╮(╯▽╰)╭

[QUOTE="Lilah Tunth]From me?
But anyway, the theme songs..............

I LOVE MELANIE!

[/QUOTE]
Melanie is a gift from god I swear... Wait aren't you Satan... Mind blown.

@Lilah Tunth I don't get it. Is your character with the Titans or not? And you should make a little paragraph about her past at least before I can accept her completely. Apart from that, she's amazing! I love it that you went for a gypsy ^^ My pc here doesn't have sound though, so I can't hear the songs you guys put ;3;

Also

OMG I'VE BEEN OBSESSED ABOUT MELANIE MARTINEZ SINCE THE LAST WEEK

I'm listening to her right now xD And yes, Mad Hatter is perfect for Orion. By the way, how did you get that name? Just curious, since it's so odd xD She kinda reminds me of a female version of Handsome Jack, if you guys know who that is

Purpleyedmiss said:
@Lilah Tunth I don't get it. Is your character with the Titans or not? And you should make a little paragraph about her past at least before I can accept her completely. Apart from that, she's amazing! I love it that you went for a gypsy ^^ My pc here doesn't have sound though, so I can't hear the songs you guys put ;3;
Nah, at first I wanted her to be a part of the Titans, but then I was like '.....that wouldn't make much sense.......', so she's not one~

Purpleyedmiss said:
Also
OMG I'VE BEEN OBSESSED ABOUT MELANIE MARTINEZ SINCE THE LAST WEEK

I'm listening to her right now xD And yes, Mad Hatter is perfect for Orion. By the way, how did you get that name? Just curious, since it's so odd xD She kinda reminds me of a female version of Handsome Jack, if you guys know who that is
I don't know how I got Orion actually, I was in a constallation addiction when I was typing that I think.

At least it wasn't the cowgirl faze (faze?)

Or I would've named her Jessie.

Chibii said:
I don't know how I got Orion actually, I was in a constallation addiction when I was typing that I think.
At least it wasn't the cowgirl faze (faze?)

Or I would've named her Jessie.
Orion is may be an unisex name but it's very masculine. That's why I thought it was odd. Plus it's from Greek origins, so it's unlikely albeit not impossible that she might be named that way being American.

I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm just more to give names that speaks to my characters in some ways. Giving Orion is a constellation, it has little to do with your character, but that's not a pressing issue.

Hey @Purpleyedmiss, I have a few questions that I don't think was really touched on in your overview.

1. Does slavery exist in this world? I was thinking of making my character a son of a politician that got kidnapped and eventually sold into slavery (at the Mines) when it was obvious the politician wasn't going to pay.
  2. Is being a noble mutant in the police force allowable? I know one of the characters in the sign-up section is a noble mutant and on the force, but I don't know if he's an exception.
  3. Can my character be a noble mutant? Or are we at that point where there's too many and it's undermining their rarity?
    • How are noble mutants treated in the upper tiers of society? I'm thinking if all mutants are treated as second class citizens, then I might be able to use that in my character's backstory.

Thanks!

Mifuyne said:
Hey @Purpleyedmiss, I have a few questions that I don't think was really touched on in your overview.
  1. Does slavery exist in this world? I was thinking of making my character a son of a politician that got kidnapped and eventually sold into slavery (at the Mines) when it was obvious the politician wasn't going to pay.
  2. Is being a noble mutant in the police force allowable? I know one of the characters in the sign-up section is a noble mutant and on the force, but I don't know if he's an exception.
  3. Can my character be a noble mutant? Or are we at that point where there's too many and it's undermining their rarity?
    • How are noble mutants treated in the upper tiers of society? I'm thinking if all mutants are treated as second class citizens, then I might be able to use that in my character's backstory.

Thanks!
1. I actually really didn't think of that, but yes, slavery should be common in Midas. However, we won't be covering the Mines all that often in the plotline, so you can make that part of his background. As if he got away and now lives in the Brass Slums. Either that, or you can make him a slave at present time, but it's gotta be in the Brass Slums. There's a lot of options to what he could do there, but it's more common having um- sex slaves. In other areas, there aren't slaves, since there's already willers to do the hard work. But yes, I think it is plausible. Just be mindful, again, that we won't be going to the Mines all that much.

2. Yes, only exceptions. They are very outcasted by the Force however, if it wasn't for the leaders. Their colleagues are too intimidated to brush them off though, but yes, it's not that common.

3. Mutants exist in quantity, despite being a minority. A lot of people live in Midas, mostly on the Brass Slums, so, naturally a lot of mutants live there, being low class citizens. It's not that they are rare, per say, but they are very feared, even though some can't do much harm. In this reboot, we've only had three noble mutants (perhaps a forth one is coming along this way), so be free to make one. If you want an example of a noble mutant in high society, @whitefoxkiller 's character is a good example. Any mutant in high society keeps their powers very secret, so it doesn't make much of a difference from a high class human in that case, but if they were discovered, they would most likely lose all their possessions and be exiled to the Brass Slums. So basically, the parliament only allows mutants if they are directly siding with them, but never are allowed that much riches compared to them.

I hoped I have cleared your doubts, and if I have missed something, please remind me. ^^ I hope I helped you

Purpleyedmiss said:
@Chibii Have you read my reply or not? Just to be sure you got it ^^
Notifications hate me like what the hell.

Jessie reminds me of that Toy Story character and Toy Story scares me.

There's plenty of other comboy girl names to go around.~

And Toy Story creeps you out?! I love Toy Story! And Jessie's story is so heartbreaking...

Purpleyedmiss said:
Orion is may be an unisex name but it's very masculine. That's why I thought it was odd. Plus it's from Greek origins, so it's unlikely albeit not impossible that she might be named that way being American.
I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm just more to give names that speaks to my characters in some ways. Giving Orion is a constellation, it has little to do with your character, but that's not a pressing issue.
That's the reply I wanted to make sure you read btw ^^ @Chibii

[QUOTE="Lilah Tunth]HOW!!!???
Toy Story is amazing!

[/QUOTE]
Number 1 scared me with the Sid scene

I am truly scarred.

Oh yeah it has some scary moments, but nothing you can't get past. The humor in all the movies is phenomenal

Purpleyedmiss said:
1. I actually really didn't think of that, but yes, slavery should be common in Midas. However, we won't be covering the Mines all that often in the plotline, so you can make that part of his background. As if he got away and now lives in the Brass Slums. Either that, or you can make him a slave at present time, but it's gotta be in the Brass Slums. There's a lot of options to what he could do there, but it's more common having um- sex slaves. In other areas, there aren't slaves, since there's already willers to do the hard work. But yes, I think it is plausible. Just be mindful, again, that we won't be going to the Mines all that much.
2. Yes, only exceptions. They are very outcasted by the Force however, if it wasn't for the leaders. Their colleagues are too intimidated to brush them off though, but yes, it's not that common.

3. Mutants exist in quantity, despite being a minority. A lot of people live in Midas, mostly on the Brass Slums, so, naturally a lot of mutants live there, being low class citizens. It's not that they are rare, per say, but they are very feared, even though some can't do much harm. In this reboot, we've only had three noble mutants (perhaps a forth one is coming along this way), so be free to make one. If you want an example of a noble mutant in high society, @whitefoxkiller 's character is a good example. Any mutant in high society keeps their powers very secret, so it doesn't make much of a difference from a high class human in that case, but if they were discovered, they would most likely lose all their possessions and be exiled to the Brass Slums. So basically, the parliament only allows mutants if they are directly siding with them, but never are allowed that much riches compared to them.

I hoped I have cleared your doubts, and if I have missed something, please remind me. ^^ I hope I helped you
That was very helpful, thanks! I think I'll come up with a CS and have you go over it for anything that doesn't make sense to the world :) might be easier to address other questions I might have along the way.

Alright, I am here. Sorry about that. Homework and work have, well, you know. And then I needed to find a new reference for my character. I truthfully like her better now.

She looks so apathetic now, so bring her the money all you Titans. Parliament can too if it wishes. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back